ear piercing...

*muslimah*09

salaam all..

does anyone know the ruling on ear piercing? specifically having ur childrens ears pierced (little girls obviously)...

jazakAllah Khair

Abdul25

Logical Believer
i think it is allowed, there is nothing wrong as far as i know, if it is related to girlz.

some members can comment better :)

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salam wa rahmatullah

There are slight differences of opinions on this matter, but what is generally taken as the strongest opinion by the scholars, is that it is permissible.

Here are some ahadeeth from the time of the Prophet 'alayhi salaatu wa salaam indicating that ear piercings were done and accepted during that time:

1 – It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out and prayed, then he delivered a khutbah – and he did not mention any adhaan or iqaamah – then he went to the women and exhorted and reminded them, and told them to give charity, and I saw them taking off their earrings and necklaces and giving them to Bilaal, then he and Bilaal went back to his house.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4951) and Muslim (884).

According to another report narrated by them both:

They started throwing their earrings and necklaces.

2 – It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: Eleven women sat and promised one another that they would not conceal anything about their husbands … the eleventh one said: My husband is Abu Zar’ and what (can I say about) Abu Zar’? He has given me many ornaments and my ears are heavily loaded with them. … ‘Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: I am to you as Abu Zar’ was to Umm Zar’.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4893) and Muslim (2448).

You can find the full fatwa in regard to this at this link: Women Ear Piercings

Allaah knows best

wasalam

q8penpals

Salam

Personally, I absolutely hate seeing people pierce babies ears - I think the children should be old enough to make that decision themselves, and old enough to care for them. I have seen too many babies with infected ears, or that grab and pull at earrings, causing themselves pain unknowingly.

DanyalSAC

Salam

Personally, I absolutely hate seeing people pierce babies ears - I think the children should be old enough to make that decision themselves, and old enough to care for them. I have seen too many babies with infected ears, or that grab and pull at earrings, causing themselves pain unknowingly.

I second this 100%.

Pierced ears are for cosmetic purposes only, so there's no more reason why a baby should have earrings than for her to wear blush or eyeshadow.

IMHO. Allahu Alim.

rightpath_357

i second with the 2 sisters up there-

earrings should not be on babies- girls should get their ears peirced when they're old enough- like when they KNOW if they can handle it:D

But don't make them wait too long- or they might do it themsleves:lol:

Salam !!!!!!!:D

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'alaikum salaam sis,,,

Well, I disagree- i think kids with ear piercings are Ah-dorable:)
Unless, they've sensetive skins, and can't handle it- then I agree..'cause like the sisters said it'l get infected...

All the best Ukhty:):)

mmasood65

Aslamoalikum
Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about piercing a girls’ ear for the sake of beautification.

He replied:

The correct view is that there is nothing wrong with piercing the ear, because one of the aims that is achieved by that is wearing permissible jewellery. It is known that the women of the Sahaabah had earrings that they wore in their ears. The pain is light, and if the piercing is done when the girl is small, it heals quickly.

azmirush

:salam2:
For health and hygienic purposes I think the child should be at least 12 years old so that she'd be able to take care of her pierced ears. Young girls wearing jewellery might injure themselves in games and it's not comfortable at all sleeping with the earrings on. And young children sleep at least twice or more in a day. Let's recall our own experience, sisters. Make it easier for them.

:wasalam: