Easy Tips required in Learning Arabic

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamualaikum,

I hope my message finds you all in the best of health and above all Islamic Spirits.

As I am very keenly interested in learning Arabic in my 3 month Uni break (giving it a head start at least), my thread is particularly aimed at those members who speak Arabic as a first language, those who have learnt Arabic as a second language and those who are in the process of learning Arabic.

I needed some tips in going about to start learning Arabic since I want to understand the Quran fluently. It is not the same when you read the English translation.

If anybody has any suggestions in how I should make the start or If they have any website or any particular books they want to recommend, please feel free to reply/post to this thread.

Your time and attention is much appreciated. Jazaka Allah Khair.

Wasalaam.

warda A

Sister
Assalamualaikum,

I hope my message finds you all in the best of health and above all Islamic Spirits.

As I am very keenly interested in learning Arabic in my 3 month Uni break (giving it a head start at least), my thread is particularly aimed at those members who speak Arabic as a first language, those who have learnt Arabic as a second language and those who are in the process of learning Arabic.

I needed some tips in going about to start learning Arabic since I want to understand the Quran fluently. It is not the same when you read the English translation.

If anybody has any suggestions in how I should make the start or If they have any website or any particular books they want to recommend, please feel free to reply/post to this thread.

Your time and attention is much appreciated. Jazaka Allah Khair.

Wasalaam.
:salam2:
i hope you are fine inshallah
i think you could ask in your university if they have arabic language classes
and here on TTI there are 2 forums
1 for learning arabic and the other for arab speaking members i think
go to the search engine and check the 2 forums.
i hope this helps
:wasalam:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Learning Arabic is not an easy task. I have been studying it for 2 years and I am still learning basics lol.

The best thing I ever did was to take a course online. ( I am actually still enrolled in this class now.)

We had to recite the alphabet nonstop to the professor on the microphone until we had to pronunciation down. We had to recite each letter with each vowel sound. Like going "ba dhamma boo" (Letter, vowel, letter with vowel).
With each class, every student has to recite many things.

My weak letter is the ghaiyn sound. It is the g in Arabic.

I practice in the mirror with all the sounds because there are specific ways your tongue falls into your mouth and how gutteral a sound is.

Right now we are working on linking words together to create a good sound.

It is difficult at first, but once you hear things over and over again it starts to make sense.

I don't know what else to say. If you haven't studied languages before then it might be harder to learn.

Insha Allah it will be easy as time goes by. Do not be shy how you sound because that will just hold you down.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Salaam Sister,

Very Valuable Info.. but maybe you could share this wicked online course that you have just told us about.. Sister Sana will be very Happy.. Please..

Well thats only if you dont mind..

Assalamualaikum

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.

Learning Arabic is not an easy task. I have been studying it for 2 years and I am still learning basics lol.

The best thing I ever did was to take a course online. ( I am actually still enrolled in this class now.)

We had to recite the alphabet nonstop to the professor on the microphone until we had to pronunciation down. We had to recite each letter with each vowel sound. Like going "ba dhamma boo" (Letter, vowel, letter with vowel).
With each class, every student has to recite many things.

My weak letter is the ghaiyn sound. It is the g in Arabic.

I practice in the mirror with all the sounds because there are specific ways your tongue falls into your mouth and how gutteral a sound is.

Right now we are working on linking words together to create a good sound.

It is difficult at first, but once you hear things over and over again it starts to make sense.

I don't know what else to say. If you haven't studied languages before then it might be harder to learn.

Insha Allah it will be easy as time goes by. Do not be shy how you sound because that will just hold you down.

Assalamualaikum,

First of all, JazakaAllah Khair for your reply.

By the way, I have already successfully completed all the tajweed classes back in primary school so I have already done the letter, vowel, letter with vowel thing.

I am 95% through with tajweed by just reading tajweed books in my spare time. In fact my arabic reading is quite fluent. I just need to learn the meaning. I know basics like sun, moon, night, day, punishment, reward, in, from, help, I, he, this, that, this is, that is etc.

I will try doing some online stuff but I hope it works, InshaAllah. Thanks for the suggestion.

Take Care Sis. Once again JazakaAllah Khair

Wasalaam :)

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
i hope you are fine inshallah
i think you could ask in your university if they have arabic language classes
and here on TTI there are 2 forums
1 for learning arabic and the other for arab speaking members i think
go to the search engine and check the 2 forums.
i hope this helps

Assalamualaikum Sister Warda,

Thanks for your reply.

First of all, I go to an Australian Uni which does not offer such courses. I wish it did. I will try your second option by searching the forum. JazakaAllah Khair for the suggestion.

Take Care Sister Warda.

Wasalaam

warda A

Sister
Assalamualaikum Sister Warda,

Thanks for your reply.

First of all, I go to an Australian Uni which does not offer such courses. I wish it did. I will try your second option by searching the forum. JazakaAllah Khair for the suggestion.

Take Care Sister Warda.

Wasalaam
am glad to be of help, that is what sisters are for, and you take care too
and i will try the website ditta posted

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
BA dhammo boo, alif kasra iiii :D
These were just soo hard at first, now i'm starting to reeead, alhamdoulilah

abdulwahab

Brother

the arabic language it is not hard . i think you must mixing with arab ppl or who they are speaking arabic or watching arabic television
we must do active to forum learn arabic

dianek

My 5 year old son can read and write all the arabic alphabet, speaks it fluently and can read short sentences......it amazes me...........AND his first language is english..

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Jazaka Allah! :)

How are yoy sister ?I hope you're doing well insha'Allah,here's a link for learnning Arabic language;

http://arabic.speak7.com/

May Allah make it easy for you.:tti_sister:

Assalamualaikum Sister Halah,

Jazaka Allah Khair for the site. Thanks a million. I will difinetly go through and see how I go. When one is keen to learn something it becomes easier.

Remember me in you duas. Once again, Jazaka Allah!

Take care Sis!

Wasalaam.

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Just to make sure there was no misunderstanding,

This is the one i'm on at the minute:

http://www.melspublications.com/courseset.asp?coursesetid=2

The link in my previous post is the next stage so to speak in ensuring that you understood what you are reciting.

Insh'Allah that makes sense.

:)

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Assalamualaikum,

Jazaka Allah Khair for the site. I can't thank you all enough for your warm replies and concerns. Thanks so much Sis!

I will go through the site and see how I go! Take care!

Wasalaam

Allahu_Hassbi