Eid in the Square held in Trafalgar Square............

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2: everyone,

Just wanted to find out did any sisters or brother go to "Eid in the Square" held in Trafalgar Square,London?

It was packed with sisters and brothers.......:muslim_child:

:wasalam:

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
:salam2: everyone,

Just wanted to find out did any sisters or brother go to "Eid in the Square" held in Trafalgar Square,London?

It was packed with sisters and brothers.......:muslim_child:

Salam alai kum

I was going to go but couldn't make it. Perhaps you could tell us what it was like and whether it was of any benefit to anyone on an Islamic level.

Hopefully you enjoyed it :)

Salam

jamilgame

You beat me to it sister, i was gonna ask the same question, it was brilliant London has so many diffrent types of muslim its a shocking even though i have spent my entire 18 years of life here but after all 1 in 10 Londoners are muslim;) who was your favourite act? mine was brother Hamza robertson, and the sisters from poetic pilgramige Mashallah they showed what Hijabi sisters are made of they were fantastic, there lyrics are amazing, even though it's for sisters it got to me lol.

W'salam

Musulmanin

:salam2:

You can watch some videos on youtube , I guess most of them from last year. Maybe you can find this year's videos.

just type "Eid in the Square"

jamilgame

I filmed alot of it, but you know nokia mobile phone quality, it's gonna be aired on islam channel 8pm tommoro so check it out bros n sistas,

W'salam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Salam alai kum

I was going to go but couldn't make it. Perhaps you could tell us what it was like and whether it was of any benefit to anyone on an Islamic level.

Hopefully you enjoyed it :)

Salam

Alhamdullilah it was really good,I was with Muslim Aid so honestly I didn`t have time to stand around with the crowd and listen to the nasheed artists.

I was going around with the bucket approching sisters and brothers to donate and sponsor.I am sure I approached one of you sisters or brothers.:muslim_child:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger

Alhamdullilah it was really good,I was with Muslim Aid so honestly I didn`t have time to stand around with the crowd and listen to the nasheed artists.

I was going around with the bucket approching sisters and brothers to donate and sponsor.I am sure I approached one of you sisters or brothers.:muslim_child:

Hey... I think you approached me that day.. Yea, I think it was you..

LOL...

Aniways, to all who was not there, including myself:biggrin:, you can watch the youtube video here which shows the pix there at the Square.

(I think there's music in the video. Maybe you could mute the sound ;) )

[yt]-F2N48OLftI[/yt]

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Hey... I think you approached me that day.. Yea, I think it was you..

LOL...

Aniways, to all who was not there, including myself:biggrin:, you can watch the youtube video here which shows the pix there at the Square.

(I think there's music in the video. Maybe you could mute the sound ;) )

[yt]-F2N48OLftI[/yt]

Hey,I remember approaching you...the sister who ran with my bucket.:muslim_child:

Jazzak-Allah khairyan for returning my bucket...:hijabi: And the huge donation you made.
:SMILY335:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger

Hey,I remember approaching you...the sister who ran with my bucket.:muslim_child:

Jazzak-Allah khairyan for returning my bucket...:hijabi: And the huge donation you made.
:SMILY335:

Yea, I"m the kind sister who returned the bucket with triple the amount in it :laughing-dancing: .

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Yea, I"m the kind sister who returned the bucket with triple the amount in it :laughing-dancing: .

No no sister actually a brother returned my bucket he said he found it with a sister who was sitting on it and moving head to "Madina Madina" sang by Ashique Rasul.:hijabi:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger

No no sister actually a brother returned my bucket he said he found it with a sister who was sitting on it and moving head to "Madina Madina" sang by Ashique Rasul.:hijabi:

Well... Alrite... You got me.. I've got to run now:SMILY26:.. Cya when u c me...:SMILY335:

:biggrin:

ShaheedU

Extinct
Assalaamualaikum,

Hope you guys had a nice time in that freemixing environment! Mayor of London done us over good! Anyone want to know why it was haraam?

:( :SMILY23:

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Assalaamualaikum,

Hope you guys had a nice time in that freemixing environment! Mayor of London done us over good! Anyone want to know why it was haraam?

I know the answer to this one Bro, but knowing how much you love to talk so, 'why' Dear Brother? :SMILY335:

wasalam

ShaheedU

Extinct

I know the answer to this one Bro, but knowing how much you love to talk so, 'why' Dear Brother? :SMILY335:

wasalam

wa alaikumassalaam, what do you mean 'love to talk'?!!

In the name of Allaah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful. And All praise be to Allaah, and peace and blessing be upon the Messenger of Allah, Muhammed ibn Abdullaah, the seal of the Prophets.

Things wrong with 'Eid in the square'

1) Freemixing

This is the issue of men and women being present together at the same time without permit, and a party is NOT permit. The Messenger Muhammed (saws) said to the poeple mixing in the street,

O men and women, separate yourselves, it is not allowed for you to be in the same place.'

You cannot use excuses 'Its for Eid'! 'We are brothers and sisters in Islaam!'

What the Messenger(saws) tells you to do, do it as best as you can, and what he tells you to abstain from, LEAVE IT.

It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error. (Al-Ahzab 33:36)

2) Music

Come on people...MUSIC!!!! Its haraam, enough said there, who's going to claim there wasnt music at that concert? errr...i mean Eid party.

And there are some things which you may not agree with, which included Mushrik Council of Britain, women performers, and the dude who helped set this up. However the two things i have mentioned are known by necessity.

A couple of things to point out. Jalal ibn saeed set up a halaal 'party' for all the family, it was in Ealing, yes a bit far from Central London, but it was halaal as far as i know. www.1eid.net

I like this ayah.:)

The believers, men and women, are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise. (At-Taubah 9:71)

And Allaah knows best, may Allaah frogive me for any mistakes for it has come from myslef and the shaytaan, and all the khair comes from Allaah.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalaamualaikum,

:salam2: bro,

If you trying to make me feel guilty,well let me say it worked.Actually the intention I went to Trafalgar was to help a charity...make sisters and brother donate and sponsor...I know it was wrong but I don`t see I was doing anything wrong.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
wa alaikumassalaam, what do you mean 'love to talk'?!!

In the name of Allaah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful. And All praise be to Allaah, and peace and blessing be upon the Messenger of Allah, Muhammed ibn Abdullaah, the seal of the Prophets.

Things wrong with 'Eid in the square'

1) Freemixing

This is the issue of men and women being present together at the same time without permit, and a party is NOT permit. The Messenger Muhammed (saws) said to the poeple mixing in the street,

O men and women, separate yourselves, it is not allowed for you to be in the same place.'

You cannot use excuses 'Its for Eid'! 'We are brothers and sisters in Islaam!'

What the Messenger(saws) tells you to do, do it as best as you can, and what he tells you to abstain from, LEAVE IT.

It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error. (Al-Ahzab 33:36)

2) Music

Come on people...MUSIC!!!! Its haraam, enough said there, who's going to claim there wasnt music at that concert? errr...i mean Eid party.

And there are some things which you may not agree with, which included Mushrik Council of Britain, women performers, and the dude who helped set this up. However the two things i have mentioned are known by necessity.

A couple of things to point out. Jalal ibn saeed set up a halaal 'party' for all the family, it was in Ealing, yes a bit far from Central London, but it was halaal as far as i know. www.1eid.net

I like this ayah.:)

The believers, men and women, are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise. (At-Taubah 9:71)

And Allaah knows best, may Allaah frogive me for any mistakes for it has come from myslef and the shaytaan, and all the khair comes from Allaah.

Jazzak-Allah Khairyan for this akhi,Bro abdul Raheem didn`t say free mixing and etc was right in Trafalgar he just made a point.:SMILY303:

Thank you again for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.