Empty Handed From A Bookstore

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters!

I went to a big bookstore in Manchester yesterday to buy some good books about our world today to enlighten myself and see how the academics see the the world today and what the future holds for us all.

I was shocked to see books after books written to defame Islam. Almost everyone of them talked about 9/11 and islamic terrorism.

It felt as if the world started to exist since 9/11/01.

I was hoping to see some non-biased books. One other thing i clearly noticed is that the momentum against Saudi Arabia is building.

I can see the same signs as i saw about afghanistan prior to its invasion and 9/11 and prior to Iraqi occupation.

My other observation was that the books on religion, particularly Islam were in a hidden corner of top floor. Faraway from the accidental encounter of the customers.

There were many books on display which were on sale price, most of them anti-islam and some about anti-religion.

I even saw a picture assested book which said how to become faithless within a 15 minutes of a taxi ride.

I was sad to see that in a country where you would expect great academics writing great academic works that benefit the humanity and bring people closer to eachother are busy doing quiet the opposite. Or perhaps their books are not so well advertised and displayed.

It seems like a deliberate attempt to impose lies and hatred of others on people.

Within my 2 hour search for a good book in that store, I could not find one that deserved my money. If there were any, I didnt spot them.

So, I came out empty handed.

dawahforever

ASalaamu Alaikum

I hear what you are saying and the book orders my kids bring home from school also have nothing about Islam..either good or bad. They have Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Deepavali but no Eid or Ramadan..I'm talking about Scholastic..I've emailed them about it but got no response. So I keep sending my money to Islamic bookstores online..its inconvenient but worth it.

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
I know what you mean, very similiar things here, many books on islam and much propaganda ...a "moderate" muslim made these books who very much desribe some kurdish, turkish, arabic cultures and portraying that as islam, instead of analyzing what the real message of islam is.

And especially the newspapers are almost everyday filled with something about islam, it is just scary...today i went to the library actually...I passed these huge commercials on articles and they mentioned al qeade & bombing like everywhere and I really felt all alone and insecure ...when I arrived at the library the librarian didn't want to help me and started explaining things af if I never had visited a library before LOL...

this is the world today, ENJOY LOL!

dianek

Asalaam Aleykum:

Along these lines.....last night I viewed television with new eyes......disgusted eyes. I was watching the movie "Kingdom of Heaven", a religious film. During the commercial breaks they were running previews of Nip Tuck that really should be left to those who stay up to watch it. The clips were very "saucey" to the say the least. Then after that clip, there was a Vodka commercial showing people at a party, which I thought was still part of the Nip Tuck trailor because it showed to women exchanging tounges "seductively" looking at the camera....then to see it was a Vodka commercial.........I realized then, that media really is trying to desensitize to things that are just haraam in both Islam, Christian and Judaism. They make it entertainment and we start feeling it is the norm and not shocking and we must lead "boring" lives, so here buy this Vodka and be like us! And for this to be airing during the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" I found to be IRONIC and SAD....

Salaam brother Bawar,

I love your inside scoop and in-depth observation. I feel like I'm actually at the bookstore! We can always point out anti-Islamic propaganda, such as the bookstores, television, newspaper, internet, or even from the mouths of people. It's not easy being a Muslim. Every day we have a job to teach, educate, and lead by example.

ed209

i can understand Bawar fully.it is very strange that some ppl r used to using the term "islam terrorism" but they have no interests to learn what Islam is.in my opinion,many ppl r just the slaves of western newspaper and media.they think they know the truth of sth.,they think they r informative,but in fact they know little.they r only the echoes of TV news.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sistes!

Thank you all for replying.
Special thanks to brother TheHumbleOne's encouraging words.

I complained the same to a non-muslim and the reply was that "why do muslims not write the full truth then?"

Eventhough, i answered to some extent, but i also feel that us muslims should write what we know and experience. It maybe of some help to others, especially future generationis.

if they dont hear from us, the only alternative will be the bias books I mentioned and the media we all know too well.

Wasslam

taxhonesty

Info Warrior
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sistes!

Thank you all for replying.
Special thanks to brother TheHumbleOne's encouraging words.

I complained the same to a non-muslim and the reply was that "why do muslims not write the full truth then?"

Eventhough, i answered to some extent, but i also feel that us muslims should write what we know and experience. It maybe of some help to others, especially future generationis.

if they dont hear from us, the only alternative will be the bias books I mentioned and the media we all know too well.

Wasslam

assalamu alaikum

It is funny you mention that because I am a muslim and I am doing research for a book I am writing about the racist, anti-semitic, and war mongering myth of 9/11. If you are interested in my thesis I will share later.

sincerely,
Jon

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I am a muslim

Allahu akbar!

I am so happy to know this brother. I ask forgiveness from Allah s.w.t and owe apolgoy to you as I thought you were not a muslim.

Dear brother, i dont know why i had such a mistaken assumption about you. I am really sorry about that.

And now to the main point. I would love to know more about your research thesis.

Please do share it with me if it is not causing you too much hassle.

Wassalamu alaikum