Euuuh...??

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

I know that lottery is haraaaam, but what if, you receive a letter saying: Yes! You've just won 'x' amount of money.. knowing that you have never filled in any of these red sheets, nothing at all but apparently your name has been chosen among thousands and thousands millions of people in Europe.. woould that money be hallal, and could you claim it then?

Thank you

Ma'salaam

dianek

Assalam aleikum,

I know that lottery is haraaaam, but what if, you receive a letter saying: Yes! You've just won 'x' amount of money.. knowing that you have never filled in any of these red sheets, nothing at all but apparently your name has been chosen among thousands and thousands millions of people in Europe.. woould that money be hallal, and could you claim it then?

Thank you

Ma'salaam

Asalaam Aleykum:

I am not commenting on rather it is okay or not but you can be sure you didn't win anything! There are many scams out there. As well, scenario's where you are ELIGIBLE to WIN if you do such and such but they don't disclose that until you respond, like with Timeshare companies........NOTHING is EVER FREE! Don't fall for those stupid scams!

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
tHANKs sis, it's not actually me..i know that the probability of it being a scam is high..but it seemed serious, i mean she phoned them.. and they confirmed, she said she received many letters saying that she DID WIIIIN..God knows best..

The letter came all the way from Spain..and she received a similar letter few weeks before too, saying she must claim the money before the deadline..:confused:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum.

As long as they don't ask for her credit card number and details, it'll be alright and real. If they want those details, it's a big trick!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
So, it's halaal?

I cant help but get suspicious. Many times on TV i have seen the police warning Singaporeans about this.

Be careful if they ask you to send them some money before they are able to send you your prize.

No offence intended...

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
mmh, right, but about an islamic view on this.. i understand your concern and all..but i asked for a confirmation :)

Thank you all.. i appreciate it

17th

Bismillah......
Salam alaikum.

As long as they don't ask for her credit card number and details, it'll be alright and real. If they want those details, it's a big trick!

As-sallamu aleykum,

Please, do not be that naive...

maca salāma

meer suhail

ILM seeker
:salam2:

oh yeah it is ,,it must be

daily i recieve 3 to four mails notifying i won a lottery ,,,,,,,and the first one we won ,,,,was from indonesia ,,,,and named after some barrister ,ha well we called ,,,and there was some guy whose english was worst than me ,,,,,,talked ,all then he asked to send him some 500 or 600$ for shipping expense as the check to be send was for total amount ,,,well that got me all to check the source ,,and was scam ,but poor guy ,,then really got him to pay ,,i even gave embassy his adress account no etc ,

,,ahahha after all im a pakistani ,,,,,,,rofl

yeah so is that hilal or haram ,,,,hmmmmm

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Sister libin, you are very fortunate , a lot of the bros and sister care for you..
Alhamdulilah

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
tHANKs sis, it's not actually me..i know that the probability of it being a scam is high..but it seemed serious, i mean she phoned them.. and they confirmed, she said she received many letters saying that she DID WIIIIN..God knows best..

The letter came all the way from Spain..and she received a similar letter few weeks before too, saying she must claim the money before the deadline..:confused:

salam sister

I heard about exactly same story and not once .Well Im sure after she cals them they will ask bank account and all identity information and etc...
and For NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD .
just think why would it be .BE CAREFUL !!!!
wasalam

arabiantxn

Assalam aleikum,

Thank you

Ma'salaam

trust i would not even think of claiming that money.

Oh the side note some one gave me a lotery ticket as a gift back in november of this year. it had 3sets of numbers that matched the drawing out of the 6 sets of mumbers i am still not sure if i won or not (don't know much about lottery )