exact dressing of an ummah?????

path to jannah

assalmu alaikum to all ummahs at tti...
i want to clear a doubt which started to haunt me 4 a while.......
is said dat men should not wear dress resembling to that of a lady and vice versa
.we see arabs in dreseds similar to pardhas and burqas ?????????????
and indian ladies wearing salwar and kamees<churidhars>,doesnt dat resemble a little bit of trousers?? help me pelase::confused::confused::confused:

abu'muhammad

:salam2:

The exact answer you can get from the Ulemas. The ulemas can explain ahadeeth on immitation in clothing to the context.
(This is to my understanding ) Imitation is wearing the clothes of opposite genders that are accepted within the society. As for example, salwar- kameez, abaya is for females and if men wear them then it is called the imitation.similarly, keffiyah ( man’s cloth on head, sometimes designed in squares), thawb etc are sewn and made for men, if females wear them then it is imitation. The point is wearing the clothes of opposite genders as accepted by people is imitation, and not the similarity in looks. The trousers are made for men, women shouldn’t wear them. trousers might look similar as salwar, but they are two different clothes in society.
Allah forgive me for any mistake .aameen.

Other thing, as far as I know -( not sure, hope to be corrected if wrong), is the reason of clothing of people of Saudi- Arabia is climatic conditions. high temperature during the day and low temperature at night. Some areas such as Qatif, tabuk etc show much variations in climate. There is sand-dunes,scorching heat, etc so clothings need to be soothing and they can cover their heads - faces when they are out of their houses.

threads to look on subject can be found by search function.

:wasalam:

beliefinone

The exact answer you can get from the Ulemas. The ulemas can explain ahadeeth on immitation in clothing to the context.
(This is to my understanding ) Imitation is wearing the clothes of opposite genders that are accepted within the society. As for example, salwar- kameez, abaya is for females and if men wear them then it is called the imitation.similarly, keffiyah ( man’s cloth on head, sometimes designed in squares), thawb etc are sewn and made for men, if females wear them then it is imitation. The point is wearing the clothes of opposite genders as accepted by people is imitation, and not the similarity in looks. The trousers are made for men, women shouldn’t wear them. trousers might look similar as salwar, but they are two different clothes in society.
Allah forgive me for any mistake .aameen.

Other thing, as far as I know -( not sure, hope to be corrected if wrong), is the reason of clothing of people of Saudi- Arabia is climatic conditions. high temperature during the day and low temperature at night. Some areas such as Qatif, tabuk etc show much variations in climate. There is sand-dunes,scorching heat, etc so clothings need to be soothing and they can cover their heads - faces when they are out of their houses.

threads to look on subject can be found by search function.

:wasalam:

Great response..

Salaam
sis
G

ummu thany

sister in islam
is there any thread about real hijab according to quran and sunnah :hijabi: :blackhijab: :shymuslima1: ????????????