Exciting News!!!!!!!!

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Well its exciting to me anyway and I hope you will share in my happiness!!!!

Some of you have known me since before taking my shahada so you have been kind enough to bear with me through all the questions Ive had no matter how silly they seemed. I would like to thank each and every one of you for your kindness and your help with my Islam. Without you maybe I wouldnt have made it through. May Allah bless and reward you. Ameen

You are probably asking "Ok so whats this big exciting news already?" Well some of you know that I recently emigrated to Morocco to improve my Islam and to be married. Allah has been so kind to me and has blessed me so much. Today in a small civil ceremony by an Adoul with a witness I was officially married!!!!! Alhamdulillah I am so happy and I feel so blessed!

I hope you will all share in my happiness because you mean the world to me my TTI family.

This was just a simple wedding for the sake of being married since we are forced to live under one roof alone together and we didnt want anything haram but later we will have a more formal ceremony which the Imam from the local masjid will be present for and we hope to take pictures then inshallah. If all goes well I will try to put some pictures on TTI but Im not sure its allowed so if anyone knows its not allowed to post pictures with people in them please advise me prior. Thank you

wa salam.........your sis in Islam Isra*

Azizati

salam alikoum

congratulation sister Isra, and happy to be the first to say it, realy I'm so happy for you, may Allah bless your marriage.
best wishes sister

BARAKA ALLAHU LAKUMA WA BARAKA ALYKUMA W JAMA'A BAYNAKOUMA FE LKHAYR :tti_sister:

ameen

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamo alaikome

Well its exciting to me anyway and I hope you will share in my happiness!!!!

Some of you have known me since before taking my shahada so you have been kind enough to bear with me through all the questions Ive had no matter how silly they seemed. I would like to thank each and every one of you for your kindness and your help with my Islam. Without you maybe I wouldnt have made it through. May Allah bless and reward you. Ameen

You are probably asking "Ok so whats this big exciting news already?" Well some of you know that I recently emigrated to Morocco to improve my Islam and to be married. Allah has been so kind to me and has blessed me so much. Today in a small civil ceremony by an Adoul with a witness I was officially married!!!!! Alhamdulillah I am so happy and I feel so blessed!

I hope you will all share in my happiness because you mean the world to me my TTI family.

This was just a simple wedding for the sake of being married since we are forced to live under one roof alone together and we didnt want anything haram but later we will have a more formal ceremony which the Imam from the local masjid will be present for and we hope to take pictures then inshallah. If all goes well I will try to put some pictures on TTI but Im not sure its allowed so if anyone knows its not allowed to post pictures with people in them please advise me prior. Thank you

wa salam.........your sis in Islam Isra*

Assalamualikum

Could you plz elaborate on that. So now you got married without an Imam?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

What do you mean exactly by a civil ceremony ? Islamically I don't think it even counts as you are married. You are still 'strangers' to each other.

The 'islamic ceremony' is not a formal ceremony, it is the 'ceremony' that needs to take place for you to be considered married in the sight of Allah.

I think you should pay some serious attention to this matter.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

@ sister revert.. the same thing came to my attention as well.

If anyone has sister Isra's contact details outside of TTI, could you please advise her to visit this thread again and consult some of her sisters on TTI on this matter.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalamualikum

Could you plz elaborate on that. So now you got married without an Imam?

Wa alaikome salam

We went directly to the Imam at the local masjid the day after I arrived in Morocco and asked him to marry us. He refused. Maybe because I was American and just arrived or I dont know why he never really gave us a good explanation and simply told us to contact an Adoul.

We had to get all the paperwork together and when we completed that long expensive process we gave our file to an Adoul who took it to the court and had it signed by a judge then we were free to marry which we did today in the Adouls office and he performed the marriage by saying a dua and I had a witness who spoke English. My husband paid me mahr and we were officially married after signing the papers. It is all legal by the laws of Morocco and approved by the Moroccan government and according to Adoul its also an acceptable marriage Islamically coz I asked him that.

I however want an Imam to at least say a blessing on us even if its not necessary. It will just make me feel better. But that has to wait until we can recoup some of the money we spent getting all the paperwork together then we can have a small party and invite the Imam.

I assure you my marriage is legal and covered on all bases. Since it was the Imam who directed us to the Adoul I am certain my marriage is legal even according to Islam.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Uh Oh! Now you'll be eating Moroccan food everyday! :)

Congratulations, sister, and may you have a blessed, lasting, fulfilling marriage.

Hahahaha Jazakallah khairan brother and really I love Moroccan food so I dont mind eating it however I think I need to learn how to COOK it so that will be the challenge!!!!

Azizati

salam alikoum

be happy sister !!!!!
the two others just don't know how it is going in Morocco , and us you are their sister they want you make things right that was all.
let me say the law in Morocco is like that; even when bouth; man and woman are morocan they have to get a permission from the judge then go to Adoul where they signe in a big book.
your marriage is true 100% sister.
be happy and don't make me worry about you

salam alikoum

congratulations, very good news indeed.

it is not good to listen to anasheed on a regular basis, but in a moment of celebration it is ok.

this one for you:
[yt]1EGNzcdbuY0[/yt]

:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing
be happy sister !!!!!
the two others just don't know how it is going in Morocco , and us you are their sister they want you make things right that was all.
let me say the law in Morocco is like that; even when bouth; man and woman are morocan they have to get a permission from the judge then go to Adoul where they signe in a big book.
your marriage is true 100% sister.
be happy and don't make me worry about you

salam alikoum
Assalamualikum.In egypt you can get married without a wali. Is that ok according to Islam? Just because some countries practise certain things it is not necessarily valid according to Islam even if it is from a Muslim country.

I know a few cases where reverts have been cheated and they just sign a paper saying they are husband and wife but there is not nikah at all. Nikah has to be done according to what the prophet pbuh has taught us.We do not add stuffs nor substract stuffs even if it is a Muslim country.s

Due to some reason I need clarification from this sister.Only Allah knows the best.

If your marriage is valid, I shall congratulate you in sha Allah and my dua is with you in sha Allah :)

arzafar

i think there is some controversy. since your family is non muslim you dont have a wali. as long as there were two adult muslim witnesses your marriage is done.

congrats!

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
Congratulations Isra!
May u hav a blessed Blissful n Lasting marriage by Allah's will Ameen

Happy for U :) :)

May Allah showr His best blessings on u both n bless with guidance alwayz Ameen

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
congratulation sister!!!me too I'm married to a maroccan man,if you wish one day in Sh Allah we'll meet there.we have a house in Rabat and another in Settat.I'd make you henna and I'd cook you wonderful Arfiza for your beautiful new life.:ma::SMILY252:

revert2007

Love Fishing
i think there is some controversy. since your family is non muslim you dont have a wali. as long as there were two adult muslim witnesses your marriage is done.

congrats!
Assalmaualikum

no matter if you are a born muslim or revert, without wali it is not valid.When a father cannot be the wali in the case of reverts, they need a judge to be the wali where they need to find a lawyer to prepare the paperwork and they will get the signature from the judge by saying that he gave the permission for this marriage.

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

arzafar

Assalmaualikum

no matter if you are a born muslim or revert, without wali it is not valid.When a father cannot be the wali in the case of reverts, they need a judge to be the wali where they need to find a lawyer to prepare the paperwork and they will get the signature from the judge by saying that he gave the permission for this marriage.

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

well yes off course i thought that's what Adoul was

revert2007

Love Fishing
well yes off course i thought that's what Adoul was
Assalamualikum
Adoul is not judge but from thsi article i read on google they are called " [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The adouls are the eyes and ears of the judges." and they themselves are not judges..many young people prefer this job by the way.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Let me put forward how this marriage was carried out.

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a sumptuous villa in Rabat, the lights announce the colors of the festival. The garden, carefully decorated and furnished by the caterer, serves as a party room. In one corner is a platform installed high enough on which two seats are arranged which will take place imposing married, so they can be observed by all. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The decor is sophisticated. Tablecloths in traditional embroidered with gold thread, bouquets of flowers on the table edge. Before the stage, parents of bride and groom and witnesses take place. In this serial marriage, honor is two young men carefully shaved, dressed in white and wearing jellaba red fez. Those are the adouls. They open their black record, retrieve skilfully documents required by the administration for marriage, kindly ask the identity card of a married couple, are the identities of witnesses and have them sign to turn. The husband must first sign in the register. The young woman, wearing a white caftan with matching jewelry, lead with grace and sign after serving his consent. The dinghies gush everywhere. The guests crowded around the two married in order to be photographed with them. The adouls will have blessed this marriage. They are the hosts of this beautiful ceremony. As they leave, they put the two young married on receipt of their act, they will get a few days later.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]source: _______________________________________________________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]So in this situation,where is the actual nikah according to Islam which suppose to be carried out by an Imam.This marriage is just like any register marriage done by all Non Muslims.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Correct me if am wrong.And please tell me if a Muslim can marry this way and will this marriage be valid.Any how I will have to consult this matter with Sheikh Assim in sha Allah[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Allah knows the best.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Assalamualikum[/SIZE]
[/FONT]

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
what is the Waliy??when I got married at the Adoul in rabat I was with my future husband,there was a man in front of us who recited some surats of Quran and the aunt of my husband was the only witness of our marriage.we had not much money to make the "Hars".our marriage is valid and we are still now wife and husband.what is the role of the wali,if I got married only with a relative of my husband as witness?

revert2007

Love Fishing
what is the Waliy??when I got married at the Adoul in rabat I was with my future husband,there was a man in front of us who recited some surats of Quran and the aunt of my husband was the only witness of our marriage.we had not much money to make the "Hars".our marriage is valid and we are still now wife and husband.what is the role of the wali,if I got married only with a relative of my husband as witness?
Assalamualikum
Subahana Allah..you don't know what is wali and you got married..and where is the witness?ok sis my mind is burdened with too much stuffs now..I hope other members can assist you or plz kindly serach for Islamic marriage procudures on TTI .We have a few threads about it.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
sister revert,you discovered now how I am ignorant...I always heard about the Walyi,but I was ashamed to ask,and now that you knew my unknowledge,what can I say?Only what I know is that we had to pay much money to legalize my documents,translate them in arabic,we waited the signature of the judge,I made an echography to make the police sure that I wasn't pregnant(they really supposed that I was getting married to hide a prgnancy)because of some reasons.when we finally arrived to the Adoul,I remember that I was in front of this man.I don't know if I made an islamic marriage,because at that time I didn't understand a word of arabic.I left my family going alone with my fiancè,moreover how could my father be my a waliy if he's not muslim??please explain me what is it.:shymuslima1: