Faith issues

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Sister,you are not alone when you say you are feeling this way.Many of us go through this phase and this phase keeps returning.

Without Islam we are lost,

And He found you lost and guided [you],[93:7]Interpretation of the meaning.

There are phases when we feel darkness surrounding us and we find ourselves trapped,we should remember:
Allah is the Wali (Protector or Guardian) of those who believe. He brings them out from darkness into light.[2:257]

Nothing in this life is permanent at all,we never know when our time is up,so we should always be prepared.This world all of it's beauties and fortunes are like a fading shadow,gone with a blinking of an eye:

While the Hereafter is better and more enduring.[87:17]

Sister our deen is not just a belief is a belief with certainity "baseerah",as true as and certain,as if one can see it with their own eyes.
The feeling of missing out and stuff are natural,in this day and age,when we look at people around us,because they are attached to this world:

So is he who is on clear evidence from his Lord like him to whom the evil of his work has been made attractive and they follow their [own] desires?[47:14]

Sister this world will fade away with all of its beauties in the blink of an eye and when the last moment arrives,when we breathe for the last time,what will we hold onto,this world or Allah?
Those who hold onto Allah:

Indeed, those who have said, "Our Lord is Allah " and then remained on a right course - the angels will descend upon them, [saying], "Do not fear and do not grieve but receive good tidings of Paradise, which you were promised.[41:30]

That is do not fear for what is coming(hereafter) nor grieve for what you have lost(this world and it's things).

What about those who cling to this world,how would the moment of death be for them,with them clinging to this world in grief and fear of what's coming?

And if you could but see when the wrongdoers are in the overwhelming pangs of death while the angels extend their hands, [saying], "Discharge your souls! Today you will be awarded the punishment of [extreme] humiliation for what you used to say against Allah other than the truth and [that] you were, toward His verses, being arrogant."[6:93]

So the choice is completely our,there are proofs and clear evidences in front of us and warnings and glad tidings,it's our choice what we chose.

May Allah make it easy for you and all f us.Ameen

Allahu 'aalam who goes to heaven or hell.

:wasalam:

a_stranger

Al-Haakim reported in al-Mustadrak, and al-Tabaraani reported in al-Mu�jam, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.

Dear sister:
Faith increases and decreases. This is natural and it may happen many times in our lives.
*!

serena77

Salaams sister
I really hope you will really think about what your saying. Not all sisters wears both the abaya and the hijab... and personally for me I'd just up and down w/ joy if i could... but.. anyway....

i have spent years in my search for the right religion... one thing i found in all is that people have issues w/ faith it rises and falls at times like the tide. Even mother theresa of the catholic faith... went through dark periods in her life when she felt god was no longer there. It can happen to anyone and it often does.... Please really consider what you are saying and maybe thinking about it... remember to see the forest and not just the trees.

may Allah guide you in your life and decisions
Serena

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Salaams sister
I really hope you will really think about what your saying. Not all sisters wears both the abaya and the hijab... and personally for me I'd just up and down w/ joy if i could... but.. anyway....

i have spent years in my search for the right religion... one thing i found in all is that people have issues w/ faith it rises and falls at times like the tide. Even mother theresa of the catholic faith... went through dark periods in her life when she felt god was no longer there. It can happen to anyone and it often does.... Please really consider what you are saying and maybe thinking about it... remember to see the forest and not just the trees.

may Allah guide you in your life and decisions
Serena

Are you advising her to take off the abaya and hijab?

serena77

nope not at all simply stating that not everyone is able to do that and that i'm envious over the fact that she is able to.... i would love to be able to do that. i have hijab and i can only wear it downstairs in my room, in hiding...
Serena

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Sis, the unlawful actions of this life are made very tempting, but remember on that day when Shaytaan will reply to the ones who followed his footsteps and say

'Do not blame me, blame your ownselves' [Surah Ibraheem]

Shaytaan is our enemy and we will not let him tempt our fellow sister in Islaam in this way so easily, what a fool Iblees is. How foolish he is to think such feeble temptations will work on you.

We certainly don't want you following him down that lonely path, many went that way, its a wretched existence and you don't have to walk it to know its reality.

Please listen to what I said to you; miss call me when you have some spare time, by the end of the weekend. I'm waiting for your call, inshaAllaah.

May Allaah guide me, you and all of us

Assalamu'alaykum

strive-may-i

Walaikum Ssalaam,

And so you are made to think "you are missing out all that Jazz"?
And have you asked those particular thinking ones, who once lost in jazz and then disillusioned by it, Have you asked them if its really worth it, all that Jazz?

Reading your post again, i realized you have said it all. And what you have said is from deep within you, and there was some noise too. Let me extract whats deep within you - "You want to go to Jannah, you want to pray, you believe in submission to will of Allah, you want to experience Joy that Allah has ordained for you, you are all set and ready"
Now what you did not realize is - "You are ready for a companion, Its time for your marriage...maybe?"

Patience Sister. Relax. Sit back, think about it. There always are highs and lows, and testing phases. You are just growing up. Freedom comes with responsibilities. Talk to those whom you look upto, you have not accounted it all!

Be firm in your faith. Allah, the all seeing, all knowing will show you ways and means of un-limiting magnitude, just Ask Allah... May Almighty Allah guide you and fill you, and each of us with the Joy that Imaan brings ... Ameen

By way Today is International Womans day (Whatever that means!). So here, read this - A Womans perspective A World Where Womanhood Reigns Supreme

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Another brother made this excellent post, I wish to share it here. It's something we can all take from inshallah.

----------------

Asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

When you become a Kafir (disbeliever) in your heart.. what do you do?

My Experiences:

Last year someone asked me a question about an anti-Islamic claim. No-one could answer it, so I looked for answers for it on other sites.

I noticed another brother who was famous for providing answers had also faced this question, but he himself couldn't find an answer for it. So he was confused for a while... - after alot of mental confusion he replied - 'I don't know, it's like now i'm only Muslim by name.''

This really shocked me. I wondered why this person had said this? What made him so confident in saying this when he could have kept this thought quietly in his head until he had improved his emaan and become a stronger Muslim?

Lately, I've seen this trend growing and it's really saddened me. People who I used to look upto have even fallen into this.

This is what I see:

1 - They start off with being really energetic when they newly start practising, then after around 2 years their emaan energy level drops.*

*NOTE: I have seen this trend because people when becoming 'newly practising Muslims';
i - first read the meaning of the Qur'an,
ii - then read the Biography of the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alayhi wasalam),
iii - then read the lives of the Salaf.
iv - Then they read what happens later on in our history, and forget to continuously read the meaning of the Quran and Biography of the Messenger for Guidance in their lives. This abandoning of the guidance leads the person to go into deeper parts of our history which involves Sects and Wars amongst Muslims. So this person gets confused and gets a harsh attitude - causing them to find religion a burden instead of a source of guidance and right-direction.

2 - Then they cannot reach that high level of emaan (which they had at the beginning), so they start becoming stressed out. They will try doing things to strengthen their emaan, so they will get short bursts of it - but it will go back to the low level again.

3 - They go Absent from the Islamic community (whether it's online or offline). (This slight distance from the Islamic community gets them more attached to the non-Islamic world.)

4 -They come back and either start freshly again, but most of the times they don't. Some even start getting interested into going into other sects (like Sufism) because they believe it is more spiritual. Sadly though, I have seen many people leaving Islam after joining a distorted version of Sufism for some time. (the praiseworthy ascetic Sufis are those who follow the Salaf (righteous earliest Muslims), the dispraised are those who oppose the Salaf's way).

- Alot of people who followed the wrong sect and went astray and left Islam altogether.

- Others leave Islam because they themselves couldn't find answers like the first brother mentioned in the article.

- Some expose their disbelief while others keep it quiet within themselves. But one thing is for sure, they are daring enough to admit their rebellion against Allah.

So we have to wonder, why is this? What is the root problem? And how can any of us fall into it?

Biggest Disease: I know for sure - the biggest problem for each of these people is that they do not have a strong relationship with Allah & they do NOT want to strengthen their relationship with Him. If they were really close to Allah with Islam, they would beg Allah for help in whatever they were confused in. They would cling onto Allah because they loved Him. But they didn't hope for Allah.. so Allah let them go...

Allah tells us that shaytaan said;

قَالَ فَبِعِزَّتِكَ لَأُغْوِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْمَعِينَ - إِلَّا عِبَادَكَ مِنْهُمُ الْمُخْلَصِينَ

[Iblees] said, "By your might, I will surely mislead them all. Except, among them, Your MukhliSeen slaves
- (Quran Saad 38: 82-83)

MuKhliS is someone who;

- has IkhlaaS = Sincerety
- is KhaaliS = Pure (from sins and shirk.)

So if you have symptoms of low emaan, ask yourself this;

1 - When I do actions, am I doing it for the sake of Allah? If not, you're lacking IkhlaaS (sincerety) - and therefore you are exposed to shaytaan.

2 - Do you do sins which are bad? Then you are not being Pure (KhaaliS) to Allah, therefore you are exposed to shaytaan misguiding you.

Now when you had emaan, you felt strongly close to Allah and always in tranquility/calmness. But when it lowered, you probably started sinning, doing less good actions, or doing your actions less sincerely for Allah.

That caused you to go astray and lose that happiness, and if you never stayed persistent in trying to strengthen yourself in emaan (i.e. By begging Allah), then it would stay low and you would persistently feel miserable.

Allah tells us;

'O mankind! eat from the earth what is halaal (permissible) and pure , and do not follow the footsteps of shaytaan, surely he is for you especially a clear enemy' (Quran al Baqarah 2:68)

Why does Allah tell us to eat the Halaal, and why does He compare it to shaytaan's footsteps?

I have heard stories of knowledgeable Muslims who have left Islam secretly, and they do sins which have gone past all limits. This is a Proof that shaytaan exists, because when people leave Islam, they don't just start living their lives like they did before Islam, but they follow the footsteps of shaytaan in doing the worst of evils.

When emaan continues to drop, you go past ALL limits. If you have left the path of guidance, then the only other path is misguidance. If you are walking the path of misguidance while knowing the right path - how more evil can you get? This is exactly what Iblees (shaytaan) did after abandoning guidance, these are the footsteps of shaytaan.

2 stories
:

There is a sister who says that she lowered in emaan and due to that, she went to a bad shop where they sell bad things. She said she felt no regret about it at all, except one fear. (which we will discuss soon)

I have also heard of another sister who was an Islamic teacher and she left her teaching job for another public job as a bad woman - sharing her sins recorded publicly.

You know what is meant by this, and this is why Allah tells us to eat the Halaal (permissible) and Pure things, and NOT to follow the footsteps of shaytaan. Because when people start sinning, they even forget to do the permissible and pure (like marriage), and they become fooled into and addicted to the Haraam (forbidden things) and impure things.

Symptoms
:

These are the most common symptoms people get when they have this attitude. They are;

- being Emotionless
- falling into Extreme sin (rebellion)
- The path of Kufr (ungratefulness & disbelief).

So in some ways, they are worse than normal people who do not know the Guidance.

The Fear Safety Tool:

When people leave Islam after knowing its truthfulness, they follow their desires. But in its early stages, they feel really bad. One of the biggest things they feel is a constant fear and anxiety.

This fear and anxiety of destruction is your last safety tool and a massive blessing, without it you would have left Islam a long time ago. Yet Allah has given you abit of respite time to return.

If you lose this fear and continue on the wrong path - you will earn the wrath of Allah, and a gradual destruction which will reach you from where you don't expect. And you will never find safety except if you turn back to the guidance.

How do I use this Fear Safety Tool to my Advantage?

1 - You force yourself to beg Allah to help you out of this state. Whether you want to or not, even if Islam seems like an uphill struggle. Because you know that Islam is better than all other uphill struggles of life - it is the truth (even if all things don't make sense to you.)

You need to beg - otherwise you are in danger. This is your last means for safety. So ask Allah for safety, and to make His pleasure easy for you. Especially in sajdah (prostration) - the best position to recieve calmness in.

2 - Listen to nasheeds, or lectures which uplift your spirit. You know what increased you in emaan (faith) in the beginning, so revive those feelings through experiencing them again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV24RlUURJs"]Mera dil badal dei[/ame] (change my heart) nasheed by Junaid Jamshed is a good nasheed and is a prayer to Allah for help.
Or [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lm4VrO5g_8"]Talib al Habib[/ame]'s nasheeds are good.

All heart softening nasheeds which have a sincere du'a (wish) will be useful for you.

3 - Do NEW/refreshing Islamic activities which raise your rank in the sight of Allah:

You might be in situation similar to the brother mentioned at the beginning of this article who gave da'wah but his emaan didn't increase.

So what you need to do is pause the activity which is distracting you from Allah. Then do a good deed which freshens your emaan (faith).

I did Da'wah sometimes because i felt I had to benefit others with some knowledge I had. But non muslims reacted harshly and some time later I got exhausted and my emaan dropped too. So I wondered why my eman wasn't increasing if I am doing da'wah (calling to Allah) which is good?

The answer is: You're supposed to sustain your da'wah with good acts of worship (like salaah and du'a which connects you strongly and constantly to Allah.) Allah's Messenger (sal Allahu alayhi wasalam) was commanded with Tahajjud (night prayer when people sleep).

So pause your da'wah if your emaan is dropping and focus on yourself and Allah for a few days. Because your main priority is saving your OWN SELF from the fire. You know which things increase you in Emaan, so do them things.

Some common thoughts:

'I don't get the same emotions'
- you know you feel 'alive', 'colorful', happy in a certain way when your emaan is strong. But when your emaan drops, you feel sad and gloomy, and depressed.

Then when you try to strengthen it, you feel you're not getting the same good emotions. So you wonder, what am I doing wrong?

Answer
: You are doing something partially wrong which is preventing you from tranquility (sukoon). But you are doing something good to increase yourself in emaan, which is a proof of your sincerety to Allah. Sincerety is the secret to success with Allah.

If you sustain this good - hoping to make Allah happy, He will make you happy. So carry on doing the good, even if you feel you are not getting the same happiness yet, it will come. But to feel the full happiness - you will have to submit to Islam whole-heartedly just like you did when you tasted the full sweetness of emaan at the beginning.

My main point is: Don't judge your emaan on your 'inner feeling' alone, but judge it on how much good you are doing to make Allah happy.
If you keep it up, Allah will unveil this happiness to you because you showed your desperation and sincerety to Him.

Do New Fresh Good deeds to sustain your Emaan:

Emaan usually drops when you abandon good deeds, and you waste your time doing wasteful things which will not grow you spiritually. You have to seek closeness to Allah in everything you do, otherwise you will get closer to something else and you will gradually forget Allah. Then you will follow shaytaan and he will distance you even more from Allah and soon lead you to the hellfire.

What often encourages me to refresh my Emaan are the Ahadeeth Qudsi. And to turn to Allah in fear, hope, longing and repentance repeatedly.

إِنَّهُ لَا يَيْأَسُ مِن رَّوْحِ اللَّهِ إِلَّا الْقَوْمُ الْكَافِرُونَ
Indeed, no one despairs of relief (RawH) from Allah except the disbelieving people (kaafiroon)." - Surah Yusuf 12:87 -

The word RawH comes from the root word RaaHa which means 'Relaxation'. So no-one gives up of the relief and relaxation from Allah except the people who choose to be ungrateful/disbelieve (kufr) to Him.

This is why those who lose Emaan and don't care about getting close to Allah again - they will soon become ungrateful to Allah and soon become disbelievers (kaafiroon.)

Conclusion:

Symptoms of Disease:

1 - Lack of Sincerety.
2 - Laziness in doing good deeds.
3 - Lack of Purity (physical and spiritual)
4 - Sinful attitudes.

5 - Lack of personal space/time to increase yourself in Emaan. (maybe you spent too much time in da'wah that you exhausted yourself, and now you just need time to recover?)

6 - Wasting time in worthless activities which distance you from Allah, so they seem more pleasing to you and gradually you don't care even if you say evil about Allah - because you don't seek closeness to Him. (see example of this here; Quran al Maa'idah 5:64 ; Quran Fat-h 48:6)

Cures for the Disease:

1 - the Final Fear which Allah has put in your heart before a soon destruction. You HAVE to take advantage of this fear from Allah, if you ignore it - you will become the worst of criminals who earn Allah's wrath/anger.

2 - Begging Allah to save you from His anger and promising Him you will try your best to stay on this good path.

3 - Learning Qur'an, Arabic and seeing the character of Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wasalam) to gain certainty in the Miraculous Divine nature of the Qur'an (this certain knowledge will encourage you to stay firm on Islam.)

4 - Having good thoughts about Allah and reviving your hope in His Mercy, pleasure and reward of Paradise. Hoping from Allah that you can reach there someday.

5 - Making your own space and time to relax and reconsider which path is better for you.

6 - Listening to Heart softener and du'a (prayer) based nasheeds. They will relax your heart and reconnect you with Allah.

7 - Work gradually in small good deeds again, and try to earn the pleasure of Allah by showing Him your sincerety.

8 - Try not to fall into the same mistakes you did when you lost your emaan.

9 - Make du'a to Allah, remain thankful to Him. So when you want to talk to Allah, you make du'a. When you want Allah to talk to you, make short term and long term du'as.

Short term duas include small things like asking Allah to give you a happy day. So when you have a happy day - you feel thankful to Him and increase in emaan.

When your short term duas work, you know your long term duas/wishes have also been heard by Allah.

10 - Repeat this process throughout your life and continuously keep yourself busy with new fields of good deeds to keep yourself busy with good works until you face the reality (death), so when you meet your Provider - He will be happy with you and you will have mountains of good deeds which will hopefully be accepted by Him.

O Allah, turner of the hearts - keep my heart firm on your guidance and obedience, ameen!

Further Reading
:

Ibn al Jawzi
, Ibn al Qayyim - they are experts in explaining the sicknesses of the heart and the cures for it. Here's a good book you should download and read slowly;

Purification of the Soul:
www.kalamullah.com/Books/PurificationOfTheSoul.pdf

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

I hope everyone is well inshaAllah.

I am having troubles with my emaan and before I go any further I just want to make it clear that I do believe in Islam 100% with no doubts alhamdulillah. But I don't think I can carry on following it any further, I just can't keep up and part of me now doesn't want to.

I feel like I'm young and missing out in my life. I have family and friends that are young and happy and I feel lonely and miserable. I'm also fed up of expectations from my parents and religious friends to be religious, I mean when I worship God I do it for my own good and not to impress people. The reason why I started following Islam was probably for the wrong reasons anyway but I don't know where I would of been had I not done so.

But now I feel happy and fine and I just want to do so many things and I feel like I'm trapped because of Islam I can't do anything. I feel trapped in my hijab and abaya, and I feel like I want to just take it off, which I intend to do soon, probably after I finish university. I think for me following Islam is just a phase I'm going through in my life and I needed it because everyone needs some sort of spirituality or discover the purpose to life.

At the same time I'm confused because what if I stop following Islam and something happens, like my dad dies or something then I'm just going to feel so lost and I'd probably start practising again if something like that happens.

I can't believe I just said all that, I'm such a hypocrite but I'd be more of a hypocrite if I pretend :(

I do have a question though, if a person just does pillars of Islam and stays away from major sins, would they still be entitled to enter jannah? That's what I want to know inshaAllaah if anyone has an answer :jazaak:

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Sister, I would like to mention to you that you practising the deen does not benefit anyone- not your friends, not your family. You practising will not increase anything in the kingdom of Allaahu Subhaanah. Rather, the only person that will benefit is yourself.

You practising the deen will benefit you in the hereafter sister. It is that which will help you in the questioning of the grave and the journey of the hereafter till the day you step into paradise. It is your righteous actions that will be your witness for you on the day of Judgement. It is on that day, that nothing will benefit you except for a sound heart and indeed a sound heart means that one lives a righteous life!

What happiness are you missing out on? What happiness is there in which the disobedience of Allaah is involved? What happiness will you reach, whilst you have earned the anger of Allaah- the Creator of everything that exists! What have you lost sister, if Allaah is pleased with you and you have not met the demands of the people... what have you lost? What have you earned, if you have met the demands of the people but yet you go to sleep whilst Allaah is angry with you!

Do you not realize the Greatness of Allaah? If, only we truely knew who Allaah is- we would remain in the state of prostration till we die! How can a person wish for anything other than the pleasure of Allaah?

I leave you with the words of Allaah:

زُيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ حُبُّ الشَّهَوَاتِ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ وَالْبَنِينَ وَالْقَنَاطِيرِ الْمُقَنطَرَةِ مِنَ الذَّهَبِ وَالْفِضَّةِ وَالْخَيْلِ الْمُسَوَّمَةِ وَالْأَنْعَامِ وَالْحَرْثِ ۗ ذَٰلِكَ مَتَاعُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا ۖ وَاللَّهُ عِندَهُ حُسْنُ الْمَآبِ
قُلْ أَؤُنَبِّئُكُم بِخَيْرٍ مِّن ذَٰلِكُمْ ۚ لِلَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا وَأَزْوَاجٌ مُّطَهَّرَةٌ وَرِضْوَانٌ مِّنَ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ

"Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.

Say, "Shall I inform you of [something] better than that? For those who fear Allah will be gardens in the presence of their Lord beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally, and purified spouses and Allaah will be pleased with them. And Allah is All-Seeing of [His] servants -"

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

*hug sweet sister*

Brother Perseveranze posted a wonderful post which I intend to finish reading insha'Allah.

I am currently on the same boat....I have left doing a lot of the things I used to do when I first started practicing and have thoughts about whether or not 'all these religions are actually true.' I call this dunya a battle field, we gotta keep on fighting till the end sister. Waking up for fajr is now a constant battle for me and before? I had the energy to stand in night prayer and contemplate on Allah's creation. I was a star gazer and have constantly enjoyed the beautiful, peaceful quietness of the night. One of the main reasons I am back to TTI is to increase my imaan. I feel that brothers and sisters here are very helpful and kind----believe me, I too feel like the biggest hypocrite in the entire universe!!! Really, every time I write something like "alhamdulillah" or anything Islamic, I feel like I am faking it.

I hate my life right now---seriously, my point in sharing this is that, we all struggle. No body is perfect but Allah, why plan on taking off your Hijab?? Don't you see it is now the ONLY thing that is keeping us closer to Allah? The only thing that gives us the symbol of Islam and what we stand for?

Look sister, carefully read through the posts. You wanna feel better, you wanna be one of the greatest women of Islam in our time? Right? You wanna attain Jannah al-firdous and witness the day when we shall all see Allah's beautiful face? Right sister? Right??

if you give up your Deen now, where are you gonna be tomorrow? THINK, REFLECT.....

Our attitude should be: "I will get better in my deen..." rather then "I am only gonna get worse so why waste time?" Na mean??
We should change our distorted thinking for Allah's sake....like when you first started practicing---take BABY steps!!

PS: if you like, we can help each other boost our emaan, how about sharing some nice Islamic videos we like? On hijab, on spiritual growth? anything related to Islam that we find interesting??

K-A-K

Salam.

All these posts are very supportive AlhamduLillah.
But let me tell you one thing, you come into this world all alone, and you leave it like that too.
Similarly, the path to spirituality is somewhat of a lonesome journey too. Except, God will be there for you.

I had always believed that on this path, you shall find many friends, etc but you do not. Atleast NOT during the path. Only after it. If you do make some friends, it will not benefit you in anyway. they'll be distractions.

I know some people will criticize my post, but that's Okay. I am telling you from my own point of view.
Look at all those billionaires ... they had to sacrifice A LOT to get there. Think of your Emaan and Deen as your Rizq and lifeline. You have to do ANYTHING to get it, even if you have to cut down on a lot of things. If you cannot make sacrifices for this, know that you are not worthy of having it too! Simple as that...

You will probably think to yourself that yes these people have written all that, they do not know what I am going through... Everyone says that.. I have said that too. still do! But that's all we can offer. The fact is that since we can't eat food to satiate your hunger, similarly, we can't struggle for you. Hard fact, but 100% true. Only a a hug or tap on the back is what we have for you. People have managed this before you, so you can TOO. :) just hang on, and struggle. It isn't easy. Nothing is easy. Had it been easy, it wouldn't have been worth it.

But i do feel for you. your pain.. your anxiety.. your struggle. Its a LOTTTT, and you alone go through this. I am sorry that it had to happen, but it probably was the only way to bring you back. :) :) InshAllah you will survive it.

Ameen.

Kakorot

:jazaak: for the replies, I've read all of them but still nothing is sinking in.

Practising Islam is becoming too hard for me to keep up, so that's why I'm asking if a person just follows all the pillars of Islam and stays away from kabira sins would that be sufficient to be a good Muslim in God's Eyes?

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous

:jazaak: for the replies, I've read all of them but still nothing is sinking in.

Practising Islam is becoming too hard for me to keep up, so that's why I'm asking if a person just follows all the pillars of Islam and stays away from kabira sins would that be sufficient to be a good Muslim in God's Eyes?

Wa alaikum salaam.

Sometimes you have to touch fire in order to believe it burns.

I can't sit here say I completely understand what you are going through but I do know emaan increases and decreases and right now my emaan is on the decrease. But I keep striving for good.i know and hate that shaytaan would loveto see me fail so he can only humiliate me on the day of judgement. Try doing some acts of charity.

Idris16

Muslim (132) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said:

“Some of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to him and said, ‘We find things in our hearts that none of us would dare to utter out loud.’ He said, ‘Do you really find that?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is clear faith.’”

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

May Allah guide you and keep you steadfast on the deen. But you see there are two things to consider for your case:

1st: Shaytan does not deviate people all at once in a short time. Today Shaytan won't go to a very religiously learned person ( a Sheikh for example ) and whisper about going to the bar or doing zina. Because the shaytan knows that such a person would dismiss such calls immediately and seek refuge in Allah. What he does is that he deviates a person very slowly. You know that if anything travelling in a straight line deviates even by one angle, it ends up very far from its original destination. Shaytan comes to you and makes you do a lesser good deed (even though its a good deed) and eventually gets you down in your level of eeman and taqwa, eventually making you do shirk.

So today if you are so fed up with Islam and only trying to look for a minimal way of being safe from the hell fire then you have to be careful, since tomorrow you might just want to live Islam.

2nd: In this world, we take so many precautions. We take fire precautions, vaccinations, etc. For what? So that we are saved from greater loss and pain. But when it comes to the matter of Islam, we are very reluctant. We desire to walk on the edge of the cliff which divides haram and halal. We want to walk so close to the hell-fire that only one single wrong step could get us damned in hell-fire. If you can do so much for this temporary world, why not do it for the here-after?

Overall, you need to realize this life is a test and you seem to give up already. What you call enjoying this youth is nothing but a deception. Remind yourself, did not Allah say:

"Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion." [3:185]

Enjoy your life with in the halal means. Why do you have to stop practicing Islam to enjoy your life? Are you trying to refer to listening to Music, free-mixing, etc ? Enjoy life by listening to halal nasheeds. Enjoy life by getting married.

Shaytan is clearly tricking you. Don't fall into the trap! I pray to Allah that may Allah re-vitalize our faith with pure tawheed and forgive us for our mistakes.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

I read your question and now I have one for you:

How can you follow all the pillars of Islam without actually practicing Islam?

Perhaps you should study what practicing the five pillars truly means.

Mairo

Maryama
Salaam sister,

I appreciate your honesty. Do remember that Islam is a religion of ease, not one of difficulty. Try focusing more attention on your heart, discovering what will bring you joy in a halal manner and less on exterior dogmatic type rules. Islam in its simplicity is to believe in Allah and to do good and act upright. You are still quite young so you are still finding your own path. But as others have mentioned, pay attention and make sure not to be deceived by what appears to be ”the life”. Trust me, it is a deception that could lead you astray.

Best wishes to you

Mairo

Maryama

I think the short answer to this is yes, it could be. This is the foundation of Islam. A lot will depend on sincerity of the beleiver, and obviously it is Allah who is the judge and will decide this, not any of us.

I recall a hadith about a man who approached the prophet because he was feeling some difficulty in”keeping up” , perhaps like you. And he asked if it was sufficient if he just prayed the 5 daily prayers, if that would be enough for him to get to Jannah. And the prophet responded in the affirmative, yes.

[4.26] Allah desires to explain to you, and to guide you into the ways of those before you, and to turn to you (mercifully), and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

[4.27] And Allah desires that He should turn to you (mercifully), and those who follow (their) lusts desire that you should deviate (with) a great deviation.

[4.28] Allah desires that He should make light your burdens, and man is created weak. . .

[4.31] If you shun the great sins which you are forbidden, We will do away with your small sins and cause you to enter an honorable place of entering.

[4.32] And do not covet that by which Allah has made some of you excel others; men shall have the benefit of what they earn and women shall have the benefit of what they earn; and ask Allah of His grace; surely Allah knows all things.