Fardh Salat, Sunnah Salat?

lolokopp

:salam2:

Do you people only pray the Fardh salats or also the Sunnah salats?

As far as I know: The fardh salats are the one, which our beloved prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) always prayed and the Sunnah Salats are the one, which he prayed only from time to time. Is that right?

Is it Haram to leave out the Sunnah Prayers?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is not haraam. However, there are blessings for praying the Sunna and the nawfil.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Well, shouldn't we perform as much ibadah as we can ? Why leave out something that has the following benefit ?

Umm Habibah (May Allah be pleased with her) the Mother of the Believers reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying, "A house will be built in Jannah for every Muslim who offers twelve Rak`ah of optional Salat other than the obligatory Salat in a day and a night (to seek the Pleasure of Allah).”
[Muslim].

Also, our extra (nawafil or sunnah) prayers will benefit us on the day of judgement by :-
1) Removed.. Wrong Info
2) Compensate for deficiency in performance of our obligatory prayers.

And Allah knows best.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Last edited:

revert2007

Love Fishing

Do you people only pray the Fardh salats or also the Sunnah salats?

As far as I know: The fardh salats are the one, which our beloved prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) always prayed and the Sunnah Salats are the one, which he prayed only from time to time. Is that right?

Is it Haram to leave out the Sunnah Prayers?

Assalamualikum.
Prophet Muhamamd pbuh prayed the 5 obligatory prayers,12 sunnah prayers ,duha prayer,night prayers,and witr prayer that he will qadak(replace) if he couldn't do it on time.

When you pray the 12 sunnah prayers,you will have a house in Jannah in sha Allah.

As a revert,do not force yourself with these prayers.Just concentrate on 5 obligatory prayers and master you prayers well.

When your base is stable and your faith is strong,your heart will do those extra prayers out of love.

Everything has it's time.Learning is the key for success.Learn as much as you can.

The most important thing is to recite Al-fatihah perfectly with tajweed.

Allah knows the best.

Assalamualikum

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaah

There are Sunnah prayers which the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: never left out, like the witr, and the two sunnah before Salaatul Fajr... so from the Mustahabb (Preferred) acts, there are some that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: never left.

As our sister pointed out, do not over burden yourself, first try and be consistent in your fard prayers and once it becomes solid, then start working on your voluntary prayers.

أم عمر

Wa alaykum assalam,

Praying the sunnah prayers is blessing, but I know and I believe that we should firstly pay our attention to the obligatory prayers and make sure we are not late with them. It is easy to say: "Sure, it's understandable like a day and night", but do we always correctly follow the commandments? I am sure that we are sometimes, often or always being late with any or sometimes even all of prayers. It is so easy to persuade ourselves that we still have some time until the next prayer, and be late without even understanding this clearly, without having any bad feelings. Firstly we should learn to pray the obligatory salat as just we hear athan, and not few minutes until the athan for the next salat. Secondly, we are supposed to have completed the missed prayers prior to starting to follow the sunnah prayers. InshaAllah. And then of course, let's do our best to pray Sunnah.

Jazakum Allah khier

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum wa rahmatullahi Brothers and Sisters,

It's been a long time since I made my earlier post and I don't think most of you would even recollect this thread.

However, I have mentioned an incorrect information and I would wish to correct it now.

According to scholars whom I have consulted to : Any fardh (obligatory) prayers that have been missed due to negligence, laziness etc , have to be made up afterwards. You have to offer the Qadha (make up for the prayer).

Nawafil prayers would not compensate for them ( I erroneously stated to the contrary earlier in the thread).

Also, making up missed prayers (qadha) have preference over making voluntary prayers (such as taraweeh, sunnah Muakkadah, etc etc).

And Allah knows best.