Fasting;exam

Vahel

salaam brothers and sisters.
i wanted to know, this is the beautiful month of ramadhan. (ramadhan mubaraak!):hijabi: when i do take my test this month inshaa allah
i wantd to know do you fast??? or not fast that day because of exam??
plzz help me.
thanks jazzakallah khayir

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
As far as I know you still have to fast unless you have a valid excuse not to and exams is not a valid excuse. Just make sure you have a good suhoor and get enough rest inshallah. Allah knows best.:hijabi:

Vahel

thanks.
i wanted to know. its not like im asking anything bad i honestly didnt know the answer to that. i mean i thought of as you have to fast. i was just saying if you would get too hungry that u cannot concentrate well.
becuase i have tooken this exam at 5 30 pm once before

hassana elkoussi

Salam brother,

I do understand what you mean, but I found you a fatwa on this issue fm Islam Q&A

Fatwa 13643

Exams are not an excuse for not fasting in Ramadaan​

I have exam in ramadan for 6 hours and half,continous with 45 minutes break during the exam.I took this exam last year,but I didn't concntrate because I was fasting.
can I break my fast in this day of my exam?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to break the fast for the reason you mention, rather it is haraam, because it is not included in the reasons for which one is allowed not to fast in Ramadaan.

From Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, vol. 10, p. 240

It should be noted that fasting in Ramadaan is an obligation upon every accountable Muslim, and no one is excused from fasting at the time of fasting except for those who have valid excuses, who are granted the concession of being allowed not to fast, such as the sick, travelers, pregnant and breastfeeding women, the very old and those who are forced to break their fast.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

SAlam

Vahel

assalam alaykoum may allah bless you brother.
that answers my question thank you. :shymuslima1:

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother
Salam brother,
I do understand what you mean, but I found you a fatwa on this issue fm Islam Q&A

Fatwa 13643

Exams are not an excuse for not fasting in Ramadaan​
I have exam in ramadan for 6 hours and half,continous with 45 minutes break during the exam.I took this exam last year,but I didn't concntrate because I was fasting.
can I break my fast in this day of my exam?

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible to break the fast for the reason you mention, rather it is haraam, because it is not included in the reasons for which one is allowed not to fast in Ramadaan.
From Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa¡¯imah, vol. 10, p. 240
It should be noted that fasting in Ramadaan is an obligation upon every accountable Muslim, and no one is excused from fasting at the time of fasting except for those who have valid excuses, who are granted the concession of being allowed not to fast, such as the sick, travelers, pregnant and breastfeeding women, the very old and those who are forced to break their fast.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
SAlam
Brother has already answered your question however i would like to add that i too am fasting and my exams are going on this time and believe me it doesnt make any difference.The most important thing is that Allahs help should be with you.

Vahel

thank you nayyararsi & hassana elkoussi BarakAllahu feekum. sorryy hassana heheh my lovely sister i did not know sorry. thanks i am happy to be a part of this site. everything is new and i honestly dont know how to work with alot on this site.

i really appreciate knowing the answer & inshallah ( if i dont die until then) that i keep up my fasting and take my exam. please make du'aa for me i have tooken this twice
lst- passed one section
2nd-two sections
since i didnt pass i have to take all the sections again english reading, literature & Mathematics. so that wil be my third chance. ya allah help me.
they only give 4 chances in one year if you do not passs it you cant pass that limit. ya allah, i will pass. please make du'aa for me*& i will do the same:tti_sister: