Fear of ‘Umar R.A

Status
Not open for further replies.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
*/This message has been removed by administrator /*

For further information, Please see the last post in this thread.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
:salam2:
brother it was power of his emaan and firmness on emaan... holy prophet used to say shaytan change his way with fear of umar .....
:wasalam:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
brother it was power of his emaan and firmness on emaan... holy prophet used to say shaytan change his way with fear of umar .....

JazakAllaahi khairan for posting such beautiful info of our beloved Khalifah Umar Ibn Al Khattab RadhiAllahu anhu indeed the shaytaan was scared of him and would run away. He is my greatest hero. His caliber is unmatched

Umar ibn al Khattab used to say: "O Allah, make all of my actions righteous, and make them sincere for your Face, and do not make in them anything for anyone [else]."

arzafar

It would be no exaggeration to say that the Ameer-ul-Mu’mineen ‘Umar bin al-Khattab رضي الله عنه was so much feared by the Muslims that once he heard a group of men talking about a certain lady. So ‘Umar رضي الله عنه wanted to know about this Muslimah and thus he summoned for her. This Muslimah was pregnant and when she saw ‘Umar رضي الله عنه and he saw her, she had a miscarriage!

Once ‘Umar رضي الله عنه was getting his hair cut suddenly he coughed and because of this the barber urinated on himself because of the fear. The other Sahabah رضي الله عنهم got to know about this incident and ‘Uthman bin ‘Affan, ‘Ali bin Abi Talib, ‘Abdur Rahman ibn ‘Awf, Az-Zubayr bin ‘Awwam رضي الله عنهم gathered to discuss this issue about the immense fear of ‘Umar رضي الله عنه in the hearts of the believers. They came up with the idea that they will choose from themselves a person who would go speak to ‘Umar رضي الله عنه about it and the boldest of them was ‘Abdur Rahman ibn ‘Awf رضي الله عنه thus he was sent. He went to ‘Umar رضي الله عنه and told him how much the believers feared him. ‘Umar رضي الله عنه responded, “O’ ‘Abdur Rahman, sometimes I feel that I am too strict so I soften whilst sometimes I feel that I am too lenient so I become strict I don’t know what will happen of me when I meet Allah سبحانه و تعالى!” Hearing this, ‘Abdur Rahman رضي الله عنه started weeping and he left saying, “Woe to you O’ Ummah of Muhammad, what will happen to you when you (‘Umar) will leave!”

http://siraajunmuneer.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/fear-of-umar-رضي-الله-عنه/

and we all know what happened when he left!

it's been a steady downhill decline now about cross to the horizontal axis

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Creator help me if I'm about to ask the stupidest question in the world but...um...who is 'Umar R.A.?

Hello,

In short, he was a companion of the Prophet PBUH and was the second caliph (ruler) of the muslims. He was given the glad tidings of being heaven bound during his life time. He is Umar bin Al Khattab (RadiAllahu Anhu)

However, the above does absolutely no justice to describing this great man. I consider it one of the blessings of Allah Almighty for enabling to read about him (May Allah be pleased with him).

I would suggest you read in depth about him. You will be really fascinated with what you read and benefit to a great extent.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Creator help me if I'm about to ask the stupidest question in the world but...um...who is 'Umar R.A.?

Hello

Dear JenGiove, I think it would be better that you first learn about Allah, His Characteristics and His beautiful names,and to learn about His last Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa salam,and other Prophets as well.And after to learn some other parts of Islaam, because the most importante is that you learn basic things in Islaam,and after you will learn other parts of Islaam easier.

For the begining you should start calling Allah with His beautiful names mentioned in the Quran, Allah, Al Rahman, Al- Raheem.Inshallah you can find all Allahs name in the Quraan.

May Allah guide you

JenGiove

Hello

Dear JenGiove, I think it would be better that you first learn about Allah, His Characteristics and His beautiful names,and to learn about His last Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa salam,and other Prophets as well.And after to learn some other parts of Islaam, because the most importante is that you learn basic things in Islaam,and after you will learn other parts of Islaam easier.

For the begining you should start calling Allah with His beautiful names mentioned in the Quran, Allah, Al Rahman, Al- Raheem.Inshallah you can find all Allahs name in the Quraan.

May Allah guide you

Sister Asja,

I appreciate your kindness at directing me towards those things that I need to learn but since I doubt you know my history here or whom is already assisting me in learning, please allow me to learn at my own speed. It may seem erratic and unfocused but it works for me. I already use one of the 99 beautiful names, Creator, as is the tradition in my own faith and living practice.

BrotherInIslam is well acquainted with my style of learning as is Al-Kashmire, Sister's Seeking_Allah's Mercy, MaHa and Revert2007. If you would like to know where I am in my learning, here is a post that Sister revert2007 posted in regards to such a thing. Maybe it'll help you understand me a little better.

Salam.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72261

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Sister Asja,

I appreciate your kindness at directing me towards those things that I need to learn but since I doubt you know my history here or whom is already assisting me in learning, please allow me to learn at my own speed. It may seem erratic and unfocused but it works for me. I already use one of the 99 beautiful names, Creator, as is the tradition in my own faith and living practice.

BrotherInIslam is well acquainted with my style of learning as is Al-Kashmire, Sister's Seeking_Allah's Mercy, MaHa and Revert2007. If you would like to know where I am in my learning, here is a post that Sister revert2007 posted in regards to such a thing. Maybe it'll help you understand me a little better.

Salam.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72261

Hello dear Jengiove

Alhamdulillah, I understand now, it is " Creator", by your own faith and belifs, but I need to remaind you that for Allah, The Only religion which is accepted is Islaam, described in Quran and Sunnah.

May Allah guide you to the right path,and may Allah reword brothers and sisters who are helping you with learning about Islaam.

JenGiove

I understand that it is your duty to speak the words of Creator and the teachings of Mohammad.

May Creator remember you

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
I agree with sister Asja but still I would like to give you a little example of Umar-Ibn-Al Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) (As he is one of my most favorite of the Companions of the Prophet :saw:). Though this is very vague in my mind, I will try to put up a summary and I welcome any brother or sister to correct me. During his caliphate he would go around dressed as a beggar from door to door to check on the ummah and how they lived. One day he was passing by a house, where a poor mother was consoling her children by stirring water in a bowl that the food will be cooked soon. Hoping that her children will eventually fall asleep, waiting for that food to be cooked. Seeing this, Umar (May Allah be Pleased with him) went and brought a sack full of grains (I am not sure but it was food) (If any brother or sister can remember this incident please correct me). So he, went and gave them that and when he was coming away. The women said I wish the ruler of this nation was as kind as you. He turned back, smiled and just walked away. This is just a very little example of his honesty, loyalty and love towards Allah and the Prophet :saw:.

May Allah forgive me for any mistake!

D.Ahmed

Believer
I agree with sister Asja but still I would like to give you a little example of Umar-Ibn-Al Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) (As he is one of my most favorite of the Companions of the Prophet :saw:). Though this is very vague in my mind, I will try to put up a summary and I welcome any brother or sister to correct me. During his caliphate he would go around dressed as a beggar from door to door to check on the ummah and how they lived. One day he was passing by a house, where a poor mother was consoling her children by stirring water in a bowl that the food will be cooked soon. Hoping that her children will eventually fall asleep, waiting for that food to be cooked. Seeing this, Umar (May Allah be Pleased with him) went and brought a sack full of grains (I am not sure but it was food) (If any brother or sister can remember this incident please correct me). So he, went and gave them that and when he was coming away. The women said I wish the ruler of this nation was as kind as you. He turned back, smiled and just walked away. This is just a very little example of his honesty, loyalty and love towards Allah and the Prophet :saw:.

May Allah forgive me for any mistake!

Yes brother your not far wrong in that one of many stories of Umar Ibn Khattab (RA) what a excellent companion he was one of the greatest men to walk the earth after the Beloved (PBUH) and Abu Bakr Siddique (RA)

here is the full story.

It was the year of the famine. Umar took pains to ensure that adequate relief reached all people, and that there were no persons in the city who went to sleep hungry.

One night as usual Umar went on his round. He was accompanied by his slave Aslam. As he strolled from street to street all was quiet and the people seemed to be asleep. Umar thought to himself, "Thank God, there is no one in this city whom the famine has afflicted."

Then as he turned a corner he saw a cottage where light was burning, and from where the sound of the weeping of the children was heard. Umar went to the cottage. He saw that the lady of the house was cooking something on the hearth, and the children were crying.

Umar knocked at the gate, and addressing the lady of the house Umar enquired why were the children crying. She said that they were crying because they were hungry. "And what are you cooking", asked Umar. The lady said that in the kettle there was only water and stones. That was to while away the children that food was being cooked for them. She hoped that exhausted the children would go to sleep.

Hearing this tale of woe, Umar felt guilty. He had thought that because of the arrangements made by him, no one was afflicted in the city and here was a family which was starving. Umar said to the lady that he would arrange relief for her family immediately.

Umar went to the Baitul Mal. There he put the necessary provisions in a bag and carried the bag to the cottage. His slave insisted that he would carry the bag, but Umar said that he would carry his burden himself. Umar handed over the bag of provisions to the lady. Umar sat by the hearth and helped the lady cook the meals. When the meals were ready the children were awakened and served with the delicious meals. As the children ate to their fill and were satisfied they smiled the smile of happiness. Seeing the destitute children smile Umar also felt happy.

Umar enquired of the lady whether there was none to support. She said that the father of the children had died, and there was no body to support. Whatever little was in the house had been gradually used up and they were starving since the last three days.

Umar asked the lady why she had not brought her distress to the notice of the Caliph. The lady said that in spite of her poverty she had some sense of self-respect and she could not go and beg the Caliph for any favor. She added that it was incumbent on the Caliph to ascertain that there was no one in his charge who was starving.

Umar said, "You are right. Please excuse me for the remissness in the past. For the future it will be my responsibility to see that your wants are satisfied."

And when the lady realized that the man who had come to her relief was the Caliph himself, she felt satisfied that the Caliph had discharged his onerous responsibilities creditably.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Brother Ahmed JazakAllahu Khair for sharing the exact story ( I seem to have got some of it wrong by weak memory) and sister Jeni JazakALlahu Khair (May Allah reward you).

JenGiove

Brother Ahmed JazakAllahu Khair for sharing the exact story ( I seem to have got some of it wrong by weak memory) and sister Jeni JazakALlahu Khair (May Allah reward you).

Brother Ahmed, Shukran for your full story. I really enjoyed reading it.

Brother Mohammad...you may not know this but it is inappropriate for you to address me as Jeni/Jenny....in the English language it is informal and usually reserved for close friends/family...and personally, I just dislike it. I know you meant no harm.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Umar Radhiyallahu Anhu was a gentle, respectable and well-mannered person. These stories seem very exaggerated. So, I have removed them, due to lack of evidence and their nature. These were not narrations, but something written in someone's own words.

It was the deviants and the enemies of Islam, that were scared of him. There are many authentic narrations which show how Muslims would approach Umar Radhiyallahu anhu and how he dealt with kindness and soft heartedness, other times even people did speak out in front of him, such as the time when during a khutbah a Muslimah stood up to correct him, and he spoke in favour of her and said she was correct.

Once Umar thought that people had unnecessarily raised the amount of mahr (dower) and, while addressing to those gathered in the masjid, he told them to keep the amount of dower low. One old woman stood up and interrupted Umar and told him that he had no right to fix the dower of women when Allah Himself says: ... Surah an-Nisaa: 20-21. This shows, she argued, that there is no limit to mahr.

Umar Radihyallahu Anhu, once was giving a speech to a congregation of people, and he had wished to limit the amount of mahr, because people were asking for too much, however, a woman stood up, and she corrected him, she read out an ayah from the Quran. Umar radhiyallahu anhu, gracefully accepted her advice and said she was right. He said, "the woman is right and Umar is wrong".

These are the actual stories and words of Umar Radhiyallahu anhu. May Allah's peace and blessings be upon the Prophet (S), his family and all the Sahaba.

I would advise that you do not place any Islamic story without providing clear evidence. Especially so when we talk about Allah, the Prophet (s), his family and companions. They deserve our respect and honour, and so we should be very careful and vigilent. */

Status
Not open for further replies.