Feeling lonely and not getting up for fajar

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
I'm not getting up for fajar although i wake up and shut the alarm off. Kindly pray for me and i'm open to advice.

Ealier one of my roomate and i used to go to fajar everyday mashallah, but now he has left and i'm not able to make it although i get up.

Request for your duas.

JAk

user expired!

asalamualaiku,
do this it helped me

make three alarms and do it in two minute intervals ie 5.45, 5.47, 5.49 and if it still doesnt work then have two seperate times but make one at the beginng and one near the end of time ie Half an hour before salah finishes u will think to urself 'Ohh MY GOSHH HALF AN HOUR LEFT!!!' and jump up and run.

another advice is ehn u hear the Alarm just jump up and dont think about anything and go straight to the bathroom and make wudhu.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Why u dont get up ,what is the reason ?Life is short
Just get up and pray thats all .Its only 2 rakas
U will get used to wake up

waaleikum salam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
here is this beautiful article
InshaAllah will be helpful
Please read it all
And just when u going to sleep make an intention that u will defenetly wake up...

Fajr Prayer

The fajr (dawn) prayer is amongst the most important acts of worship, being one of the five obligatory prayers.

Unfortunately many of us have become so used to missing it at its prescribed time – which ends at sunrise - that we have forgotten its position in our religion, and barely feel anything is wrong when we wake up in the morning for work or school without having performed the fajr prayer. On the other hand, if one of us was to miss a job interview or a flight, we all know how disappointed he or she would feel.
Therefore I thought I’d prepare this article as a reminder to myself first, then to all my brothers and sisters.

Muslims should know the great status of fajr in the sight of Allah. Allah (SWT) says (interpretation of the meaning) “Establish regular prayers at the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the recital of the Qur’an in the fajr prayer, for the recital of the fajr is witnessed” (Al-Israa 17:78)

In addition, the Prophet (PBUH) said: “Whoever prays the fajr prayer in congregation, it is as if he (or she) had prayed the whole night long.” [Muslim & Tirmidhi].

Now, to show the seriousness of missing this prayer, we present the Hadeeth of the Prophet (PBUH) “The most burdensome prayers for the hypocrites are ishaa and fajr, but if they only knew what they contain, they would come even if they had to crawl.” [Ahmad]

The practical aspect of dealing with the problem includes a number of steps which we can take in order to get used to praying fajr regularly in congregation:

Having a sincere intention and being determined, when going to sleep, that you will get up for fajr

Remembering Allaah as soon as you wake up. Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "During your sleep, Satan knots three knots at the back of the head of each of you, and he breathes the following words at each knot, 'The night is long, so keep on sleeping.'

If that person wakes up and remembers Allah, then one knot is undone. When he (or she) performs ablution (wudu) the second knot is undone. And when he (she) prays, all the knots are undone, and he (she) gets up in the morning lively and in a good mood, otherwise he (she) gets up dull and gloomy." [Bukhary]

Sleeping early. According to an authentic Hadeeth, the Prophet (PBUH) used to dislike sleeping before ishaa and talking after it. The kind of talk that is discouraged in this case, as the commentators explain, is that in which there is no clear benefit. However, if it is for good reason, such as studying, speaking to a guest, or spending time with one’s family, then there is nothing wrong with it. This has no connection with the reasons for which many people stay up late nowadays, to do wrong and commit sins.

Family members should encourage one another, and likewise roommates sharing the same apartment.

If you know a friend who normally wakes up on time, ask him or her to give you a call at prayer time. I have been using this technique on and off for quite some time now, and have found it to be extremely effective.

If you find that you switch off the alarm clock then go back to sleep, you might want to place it a few feet from your bed. This way you will actually have to get up and walk to the clock in order to turn it off.

Try using an alarm clock with the snooze feature.

Avoid eating too much before going to bed. Overeating makes you fall into a deep, heavy sleep.

Finally, true devotion to Allah is the best thing to motivate a person to get up for prayer, because Allah alone controls all means of help. I ask Allah Almighty to facilitate this prayer for us, and to guide us to what pleases Him.

islamway.com

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
i agree with you all. thanks for your advice. Actually this is my own assessment on my situation. i'm kinda lonely as i'm away from home for a long time now. i'm not in a position to visit home. Also as one of my roomie left and he was the one with whom i used to go to masjid, i might have been feeling bit more lonely since he left. I think, I have to fight my own battle against Shaitaan, can't expect someone to be with me always except ALLAH SWT. Inshallah i will and please make dua for me.

I don't have many other friends so i thought i might share this with you people.

MTYKK

Banned
Who's fajr for?

I guess we should first figure out who we are praying fajr for?
I know its easier with jamaat, but we have to remember that we perform salaah because it is prescribed for our benefit and to please Allah (swt).
I pray that Allah (swt) put more taqwa in our hearts so that we feel that we've missed the most important deed of the day when we miss fajr and sincerely feel upset deep down in our hearts.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

Brother you will get used to it inshallah. Once you got used to it, start with the 12 Sunnah prayers, and you will get used to it as well. At that time, if lack to pray any prayer believe me you might not pray the 12 sunnah prayers but surly you'll keep the obligatory on time.

Once you realize that you started to miss, forget, or not not bothered to pray the Sunnah 'Nawafel', you must immediatly realize that shaitan has won on this one, and is heading towards the obligatory prayers. You stop him right there, and keep your 12 Sunnah prayers up to date, if you want to keep the obligatory prayers on time inshallah.

Finally, pray tahajud (witr or qeyam al-layl) even its 2 Ra'akat. I personally found it difficult to keep tahajud, but alhamdullah I am enjoying it because I know the reward that I would get... Step, by step your 5 obligatory prayers will seem to be easy, 12 Sunnah 'Nawafel', and the Qeyam alayl. May Allah (swt) help you and help us to keep our prayers and increase our iman.. Amiin

:wasalam:

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Waking up for Fajr Salaah

I find that having the Azaan as my alarm for salaah has helped me to get up and get ready for Fajr salaah, rather than relying on the typical 'beeping' alarm clocks. Download you favourite azaan from the Net and give it a go. I hope this idea helps.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
Oh yea
Athan makes me wake up for fajr with a smile and happiness .Its so so beautiful time to pray in the morning...

wasalam

amira87

I love Allah
SaLaM AlAiKuM

I'm not getting up for fajar although i wake up and shut the alarm off. Kindly pray for me and i'm open to advice.

Ealier one of my roomate and i used to go to fajar everyday mashallah, but now he has left and i'm not able to make it although i get up.

Request for your duas.

JAk

These brothers and sister are all right and very helpful. Once you start praying the fajr prayer.....youll get use to it. Just like when you just start praying period.......and you keep praying all the 5 prayers....you get use to it. Its like a habbit that you'll have, and you would actuallly start feeling like yoy have to pray and not miss any. Maybe what I said might have helped but it sure helped me because I am a new muslim, and I am not behind on any of my salat.......and I plan to keep it that way inshallah. You will to inshallah.....keep strong brother

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Insh'Allah brother, give it time and you will Insh'Allah be able to wake up. I was in the same position and now Alhamdulilah i wake up for Fajr now. Insh'Allah you will be able to move onto the next step and that is to read Fajr in congregration at the Mosque, me and my brother Alhamdulilah have been going for the past week, although i missed it 1-2 days, again this will take effort on my behalf as well as his, although SubhanAllah the reward is immense. You will get used to it though Insh'Allah after the first two-three weeks.

Allahu Akbar.

I have snooze on my Alarm, so the alarm goes off every 5 mins. :)

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Athan Software

I have noticed that a few others have also suggested that the Arabic call to prayer has more influence on waking up in comparison to the other funny tones that all different alarm clocks have. Below is the link for the athan software fro anyone who needs it. Download it onto your computer and it will automatically make athan for every prayer. It also has the calenders and wall papers and photo galleries and other interactive programs. It is up to you which version you want to down load. I have the basic one which is free of charge. The pro version however has a monthly fee.

I hope you find it useful.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/athanDownload.php

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum
Brother I suggest that when you go to bed in the night, with all sincerity, make dua to Allah SWT to ask him to help you wake up in time for Fajr prayers. It always works for me Alhamdullilah and will work for you too Insha Allah.

Assalam Alaikum

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK,
THanks for all your responses and advices. Alhamdulillah i had been to fajr today. The fact is sometimes i get up and think that let me sleep for 2 more minutes and that will be more than one hour and that makes me sad whole day. But Alhamdulillah i did as many of you suggested, i kept Athaan alarm and also made Niyaah and asked ALLAH SWT to help me in getting up for fajr and pray and I did Mashallah.

But the fact now is i have to keep continuing. I should not miss this for no reason. Inshallah please do remember me in your dua.

JAK

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Me too, i'm the only one waking up for fajar :(, so what i do is to put my phone far from me, so when it goes on i have to get out the bed to turn it off.. it might be useful to you inshallah..