FIFA in the Middle-East???

ProudToBeaMuslim

Qatar has won the 2022 FIFA World Cup Bid. I dont know how to react. I am just flabbergasted.
I just feel sad that an event that will incorporate so many sins will be hosted by a land close to Saudi Arabia.
Is this a good thing?

Please comment...

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum warahamtu-llah

I was born in Qatar, and passed my maximum time there, from my birth to 17years.
so it is natural that i've some attraction towards Qatar.

but after leaving Qatar, I've heard that it has changed a lot, I mean, fully changed
as some of my friends still there and some relatives, anyways
at my last time, in 2002, it was quite okay, then I've heard about the "development" of Qatar. anyways

I was just chatting with my frnd, and the same thing I said:
lots of haram things gonna be taking place.
He asked me, why and how?

I explained :
1. wastage of money, where Muslims are starving for foods and dying for supports.
2.International level prostitution have to be set, as per demand, thousands of sexual workers must be appointed, astaghfir Allah
3.the biggest alcohol market is in the world cup season
and Allah subhanahu wa ta'la knows what else....

he refuted it and said me dont be so strict, and dont speak like extremist

anyways,

I always pray for my birthland to be protected, insha Allah

JazakAllah khair
wassalam

Kakorot

Is the world cup even a sin?

I think it is a good thing because a lot of people from different parts of the world are going to go there and people will notice that Muslims are not terrorists but people just like them.

Idris16

Channa its not about 'excuses' and they the kuffar seeing us not of being terrorists. I challenge you name one Muslim terrorist with a beard. There are not a single one! I am sorry if you will mention UBL or any other person.

Overall I am looking forward to 'Al Qâ'idah threatening' Qatar according to Western media, just like they made reported about it about South Africa. Well SubhanAllah inshAllah the WC wont take place in Qatar at all, we will inshAllah see a free Islamic people in Afghanistan, and that means ''trouble''. Their agenda is global.

saifkhan

abd-Allah

I think it is a good thing because a lot of people from different parts of the world are going to go there and people will notice that Muslims are not terrorists but people just like them.

do you think for this small target, you mentioned, is okay to achieve this in the cost of those thing I stated?

wa-llahi no brother, not at all......
Halal and Haram is defined, we can't say anyhting
but worldcup, no my bro, it must be abandoned, because the main cause of the playing is vanished now.
Millions of money is spending in betting
players are given the highest payments in the world, for what? just they play?
what is their contribution to the world? to the humanity? entertainment?
okay but how much the people of the world paying, such a big amount?
advertisement media is collecting billion of money

wa-llahi these all are the saitan's work
we should understand their plotting

I hope you'll give a closer eye in these matters
JazakAllah khair
wassalam

Perseveranze

he refuted it and said me dont be so strict, and dont speak like extremist

:salam2: Extremist?! Now, this whole event reminds me of a certain hadiths -

Narrated Abu Tha'labah al-Khushani: Abu Umayyah ash-Sha'balli said: I asked Abu Tha'labah al-Khushani: What is your opinion about the verse "Care for yourselves." He said: I swear by Allah, I asked the one who was well informed about it; I asked the Apostle of Allah (p.b.u.h.) about it. He said: 'No, enjoin one another to do what is good and forbid one another to do what is evil. But when you see niggardliness being obeyed, passion being followed, worldly interests being preferred, everyone being charmed with his [own] opinion, then care for yourself, and leave alone what people in general are doing. For ahead of you are days which will require endurance, in which showing endurance will be like grasping live coals. The one who acts rightly during that period will have the reward of fifty men who act as he does."

The Day of Judgement
Narrated Hadrat Anas (may Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) said, "From among the portents of the Hour are (the following):

1. Religious knowledge will be taken away (by the death of religious learned men)
2. (Religious) ignorance will prevail.
3. Drinking of alcoholic drinks (will be very common).
4. There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse.
"
(Bukhari)

Only Allah(swt) knows.

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
:salam2:

:eek:

A muslim country 3ouzbillah i recently visited Qatar i was like Alhamdulillah its not like Dubai but now ........... :(

may Allah save us from His anger - Ameen

wasalam

kayleigh

I'm really surprised, and honestly if I weren't Muslim there's no way I would want to go. For a lot of people, half the fun is the drinking and the everything else that would be frowned upon there. I mean, if I were a typical fifa fan, it wouldn't appeal to me.

Unless they're willing to suspend most of their laws and cultural traditions then I don't see how this will go over well for either residents there, or people visiting for the event.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

:SMILY27::SMILY27::SMILY27::SMILY27::SMILY27:
:SMILY27::SMILY27::SMILY27:

WHATS GOING WRONG WITH THE MUSLIM WORLD?????:SMILY309::SMILY309:

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

ProudToBeaMuslim

Dancing women with uncovered Awrah, Music, possibility of alcohol, prostitution....The world cup is definetely not the sin. What it brings with it is.

ProudToBeaMuslim

:salam2: Extremist?! Now, this whole event reminds me of a certain hadiths -

Narrated Abu Tha'labah al-Khushani: Abu Umayyah ash-Sha'balli said: I asked Abu Tha'labah al-Khushani: What is your opinion about the verse "Care for yourselves." He said: I swear by Allah, I asked the one who was well informed about it; I asked the Apostle of Allah (p.b.u.h.) about it. He said: 'No, enjoin one another to do what is good and forbid one another to do what is evil. But when you see niggardliness being obeyed, passion being followed, worldly interests being preferred, everyone being charmed with his [own] opinion, then care for yourself, and leave alone what people in general are doing. For ahead of you are days which will require endurance, in which showing endurance will be like grasping live coals. The one who acts rightly during that period will have the reward of fifty men who act as he does."

The Day of Judgement
Narrated Hadrat Anas (may Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) said, "From among the portents of the Hour are (the following):

1. Religious knowledge will be taken away (by the death of religious learned men)
2. (Religious) ignorance will prevail.
3. Drinking of alcoholic drinks (will be very common).
4. There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse.
"
(Bukhari)

Only Allah(swt) knows.

SubhanAllah. This sends shivers down my spine. How accurate was the Prophet's (pbuh) prediction...

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
whats wrong with us these days! in fb one brother quoted "Qatar won 2022 fifa bid. way to go qatar". but the comments for that status is even worse. another brother said 'all arabs are happy today' and another replied 'yes! we all (arabs) are one nation'.

how beautiful this unity will be if it is for the sake of deen!!!:( may Allah unite us.

ProudToBeaMuslim

how beautiful this unity will be if it is for the sake of deen!!!:( may Allah unite us.

I completely agree!

The sad part is, the sinful effect of this "victory" was immediately obvious. People were acting crazy yesterday in the streets of Qatar. Qatari guys were speeding down the road with loud music blaring and honking all the way, stopping traffic. I even observed that some cars were vandalazied with spray painted messages. The ironical part is, many were saying "Alhamdulillah" when the news was out.
It's really sad to see Muslims acting this way....I can totally relate to the hadith posted by Perseveranze.

abu'muhammad

Assalamu alaykum,

There are evil consequences of such events as members have pointed that out,still many can be added to the list. subhanAllaah.

I was reading the news of money spent on common wealth games 2010- India,it is 28,054 crores, of which 16,560 crores was spent only over the raised infrastructure and the stadias.The other expenses are also on list. This event included only the 71 countries and wasn’t a world event.This much money can’t be written off this way for any country where majority live under or on the calculated poverty line.

That also means probably Qatar as a host nation will be spending much more in possible 2022 world-cup event.It seems petro-money is strong and easy.

whats wrong with us these days! in fb one brother quoted "Qatar won 2022 fifa bid. way to go qatar". but the comments for that status is even worse. another brother said 'all arabs are happy today' and another replied 'yes! we all (arabs) are one nation'.

Some pics on arab news seems to be as they won the trophy before 12 years.

May Allaah ta’ala guide us muslims and the nations to use their money in the right causes. Aameen.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Assalamu alaykum,

That also means probably Qatar as a host nation will be spending much more in possible 2022 world-cup event.It seems petro-money is strong and easy.

Some pics on arab news seems to be as they won the trophy before 12 years.

May Allaah ta’ala guide us muslims and the nations to use their money in the right causes. Aameen.

salam alaikum

Qatar surely gonna spend a huge amount, no doubt in that. petro-money, yeah, bro, so easy and strong, that they forgot The One and the brothers/sisters.

and for the duas, I can say: ameen
wassalam

Abdul25

Logical Believer

Very sad of news from Qatar .its very hot, there is no footballing culture, no passion for football, and on top of that, qatar national team sucks. they are just showing off their wealth. wealth which can be used properly in many other areas.stadiums which will be half empty during the tournament and completely useless after that. south africans are already suffering. their stadiums have become white elephants for them. 250000 pounds are needed for maintenance of only soccer city stadium. qatar bid was more like an air conditioning systems sales presentation than a world cup bid.imagine how much precious natural resources they'll waste for air conditioning of stadiums.

more over lot of fitna and alcohol and prostitutes will be there. I hope that Allah SWT teach these arrogant Arabic rulers some lesson so that their heads come to earth. i am sure if these middle eastern countries didn't have wealth of oil , no one would care to even look at them. i have become totally dis-illusionist with the idea of a Muslim ummah being like a single body. millions of Muslims dying of hunger an this is what we are seeing.

islamdonlyway

wel wel, brother saifkhan i think made good points, and they are true points.its a shame really, the arabs seem to be regressing in terms of islam day by day.its amazeing how allah has made certain arab countries specially dubai very rich now, they should be thankfull to allah and spend it in the cause of islam.but they are busy secureing sports,fashion etc that promote haram.recently a arab shiekh from dubai bought a football club in england called 'manchester city' for 500million and spent 300million on buying new players this year, if we think about it, he could have probably eradicated poverty from many countries and also use this money to promote islam.its such a shame.

look how modern turkey is now, many countries are following/will follow.

one thing is certain, shaytaan is smart.

fatma_said

Qatar 2022?

How in the world can people plan than far???

every coming year scares me, i feel as if every year that comes more dramatic things happen

it feels as though we are at the footsteps of the major signs of qiyamah and these people plan as far as 203something

god help us and instead of preparing for this we waste our time with the dunya (i condemn myself first) i pray that allah saves us from the evil of these coming years and the trials that it brings with it :tti_sister: