Finally spilling it (Pt.1)

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
:salam2:

Many of you have been asking me questions regarding why I'm having doubts about religion and about the existence of God. I've also asked some of you to help me answer the questions I have. Unfortunately, due to my busy schedule and other distractions, I've not been able to ask everything and left a lot of you hanging on a response because of it (my apologies to them). So thats why I'm dedicating this thread to those questions of mine. I'll ask a series of questions regarding diffrent things and hopefully I'll be able to have an intelligent convo. with the people that respond here.

Before I begin, I have a request. Please avoid copy and pasting texts from the quran and texts from other websites. The reason why I ask this is because, I'll be honest, I don't read them as they are very looooong. I lose interest fairly quickly from reading an essay length post. Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but I'm just stating the truth. Instead please write your response in your own words. I'm more eager to read works of effort than works of laziness. If you must you may post texts from the quran to back up you claim.

One more thing before I begin. Please note: Am I in no way trying to start any arguments in this thread or trying to provoke anyone. I'm just asking these questions for my sake of knowledge.

=========================Questions==========================

Jesus(pbuh)

1) What does the Quran state about the twelve apostles of Jesus(pbuh)? Do they exist in Islam?

2) If the apostles do really exist, what do they each have to say about Jesus(pbuh)?

3) Does Jesus(pbuh) have his(pbuh) version of hadith? A record of the things he have done noted by other people. If so, where can I find a copy of it?

4) Is there any record of Jesus's(pbuh) childhood in the Quran?

5) If angles carry a soul into a developing baby's body after the first three months, where did Jesus(pbuh) get his genetic material from? Was he really born without a father, born without sharing the genes of a male?

6) As far as I know Muhammed(pbuh) had 12 Imams much like the apostles of Jesus(pbuh) noted from the bible, is this number a coincidence or intentional?

God

1) Why didn't God kill Satan when he was banished from heaven?

2) It's stated that we humans are here on Earth to live out a life of tests given to us by God. If God knows everything and is never wrong, what need is there for a test? If God already knows who in the end will go to Heaven and who will go to hell, what is the point of us trying to pass this test since God is never wrong?

3) Why does God guide whom he wills? Does he play favorites?

===============================================================

These are all the questions I have for Pt.1. I'll ask more in Pt. 2 later.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Again, please note my questions were not asked to offend anyone.

:wasalam:

Imad

Thank you Faisal,

Insha Allah i will answer your Questions. If i have made a mistake, it's all my fault.

answers ( Isa peace be upon him)

1) In the Quran Allah mentioned the Hawarieën ( the helpers of Isa). Read soera Eli-Imran (3) verse 52.

In the Tafsir ( explanation) of this verse the scholars said they are 12. When isa felt they wanted to kill him, he said who is my helper. The hawarieen said, we are your helpers.

2) I don't know, i think they have said the truth about Isa. But this truth have been distorted by other people like the distortion of the bible.

3) His words have been i think recorded but it has been distorted like the bible has been distorted. The Quran gives accurate information about what he has said and will say in the day of judgement.

4) Yes, when he was a baby, he spoke in the cradle. No not his whole childhoold is mentioned. I think only when he spoke in the Cradle. See soerat Maryam (19) verse 29-33

5) Allah if he says to anything be it will be. Isa ( peace be upon him) is born without a father and with a mother. Adam is created without a father and a mother. You are not able to explain everything with science. That's why it's called believe 'Imaan'. Not on everything you can aply the rules of science, because Allah Subhanahu wata3ala can say to anything be and it will be ( without any rules). That's what muslims believe.

I have studies science and i know what you are talking about and what i'am talking about.

6) You have been misinformed, he peace be upon him does not have 12 imams. He has companions, all the people who have seen him, believed in him and died as muslims are his companions.

I think you have this information maybe from the sjiete. The 12 imams which have been mentioned by the sjiete ( 12 imamia or the ja3faria) are not all of them appostles. Some of this imams which have been mentioned by the sjiete are companions, some of them are tabi3ien and others tabi3 tabi3ien etcccc. So they were not all of them at the time of our prophet to be his appostels ( companions).

answers ( Allah subhanahu wat3ala)

1) Allah didn't want to kill Satan. Allah is able to kill Satan, no problem. But Satan asked Allah more time until the day of judgement. Allah gave him this time. read the Quran soerat el Hijr (15) verse 30-38.

2) It's His choice. He has creates us and He is the one Who has the right to do everything He wants with us. This world is a world of test, so do your best to have paradise insha Allah. Allah Has the knowledge of everything and you don't have this knowledge, so do your best.

3) Allah subhanahu wata3ala Has the right to guide whom He wills. He knows what is in our heart. He guides the one who has the right to be guided. If good is in your heart, you will get good, so don't worry. You have to do your best.

I have some Questions

1) What do you know about Allah?
2) What do you know about islam?
3) what do you know about our prophet?
4) Why did you leave islam? I think you don't have enough knowledge about islam or the wrong knowledge, if you think i am wrong please correct me.

Thank you

Think of fearing Allah first and the hereafter

Asalamu alaikum I am not sure if you are male or female but this comment

"but I'm just stating the truth. Instead please write your response in your own words. I'm more eager to read works of effort than works of laziness. If you must you may post texts from the quran to back up you claim"

The quran and hadith is the best source for answers in islam. you should have an aversion from it. actually if you don't read it you are being lazy yourself not wanting to spend time knowing more about Allah. So if someone posts quran please read it.

I mean you shouldn't have an aversion away from the quran and sunnah. The answer you got is very good and concise. There are many proofs in the quran, to show that is is Allah word. Think of the explanation of embryolgy in the quran.

All of the descriptions of the embryo in the womb were made without a microscope etc. and today you can only see them with a microscope. How do you explain that?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I think brother Bluegazer will be able to help you out aswell inshaAllah. Hope he's around sooner or later.

So does Allah (s) play favourites ....I think there are certainly amongst his servants those whom he favours above others because of their level of taqwa (God fearing-ness). For example, why do some people recieve martyrdom and others not? ...um dunno if you relate to that example much, but Khalid Ibn Al waleed was not given martyrdom whereas Omar ibn al Khattab was, and Khalid faught amany more battles than Omar and martyrdom is the best death a Muslim could want and Khalid certainly wanted it.

Surah 14:4
And We never sent a messenger save with the language of his folk, that he might make (the message) clear for them. Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise

In spite of the above verse, we have free will:

Surah 18:29:
Say: (It is) the truth from the Lord of you (all). Then whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve

Surah 73:19:
This is a Reminder. Let him who will, then, choose a way unto his Lord

There are more verses than those two which show human beings have free will and you may think it contradicts the very first verse about Allah (s) guiding who he wants, but see this one:

Surah 29:69:
As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good.

We have to strive in order to be guided, true we are only guided by the power of Allah (s), but unless we ourselves take steps to obeying Allah (s) then guidance will not come.

When all the people of hell will have entered and they will be sufferring the torment of it, they will call upon satan himself to answer saying 'where is he? he lead us to destruction' and Satan will say 'I only invited you, you chose to follow me' ..I hope someone posts that with a proper source I cant remember it sorry, but that goes to show that people are tempted by satans whispers and can choose to resist them or fall for them.

I think guidance is an upward spiral, which only becomes easier the more you struggle, the more you struggle for the sake of Allah (s) the easier it becomes to remain on that path ..I dont know how much you know about Omar Ibn al Khattab, but, it was said of him that whichever road he was walking down Satan would flee it out of fear of him and his faith in Allah, nothing could shake his faith and that was only through his striving towards Allah (s) and against the whispers of satan.

Anyways, Im not a scholar, far far far from it! so if I made a mistake I hope someone round abouts corrects it ASAP so as to not cause confusion

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
6) You have been misinformed, he peace be upon him does not have 12 imams. He has companions, all the people who have seen him, believed in him and died as muslims are his companions.

I think you have this information maybe from the sjiete. The 12 imams which have been mentioned by the sjiete ( 12 imamia or the ja3faria) are not all of them appostles. Some of this imams which have been mentioned by the sjiete are companions, some of them are tabi3ien and others tabi3 tabi3ien etcccc. So they were not all of them at the time of our prophet to be his appostels ( companions).

Assalamualaikum,

There are four main Imams that Ahle Sunnah believe in and they were all after the Prophet Mummad :saw: passed away.

Imam Hanafi
Imam Shafi
Imam Maliki
Imam Hanbali

Hope that helps.

Wasalaam.

AKHI

Allahuakhbar

Many of you have been asking me questions regarding why I'm having doubts about religion and about the existence of God. I've also asked some of you to help me answer the questions I have. Unfortunately, due to my busy schedule and other distractions, I've not been able to ask everything and left a lot of you hanging on a response because of it (my apologies to them). So thats why I'm dedicating this thread to those questions of mine. I'll ask a series of questions regarding diffrent things and hopefully I'll be able to have an intelligent convo. with the people that respond here.

Before I begin, I have a request. Please avoid copy and pasting texts from the quran and texts from other websites. The reason why I ask this is because, I'll be honest, I don't read them as they are very looooong. I lose interest fairly quickly from reading an essay length post. Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but I'm just stating the truth. Instead please write your response in your own words. I'm more eager to read works of effort than works of laziness. If you must you may post texts from the quran to back up you claim.

One more thing before I begin. Please note: Am I in no way trying to start any arguments in this thread or trying to provoke anyone. I'm just asking these questions for my sake of knowledge.

Jesus(pbuh)

1) What does the Quran state about the twelve apostles of Jesus(pbuh)? Do they exist in Islam?

2) If the apostles do really exist, what do they each have to say about Jesus(pbuh)?

3) Does Jesus(pbuh) have his(pbuh) version of hadith? A record of the things he have done noted by other people. If so, where can I find a copy of it?

5) If angles carry a soul into a developing baby's body after the first three months, where did Jesus(pbuh) get his genetic material from? Was he really born without a father, born without sharing the genes of a male?

6) As far as I know Muhammed(pbuh) had 12 Imams much like the apostles of Jesus(pbuh) noted from the bible, is this number a coincidence or intentional?

God

2) It's stated that we humans are here on Earth to live out a life of tests given to us by God. If God knows everything and is never wrong, what need is there for a test? If God already knows who in the end will go to Heaven and who will go to hell, what is the point of us trying to pass this test since God is never wrong?

These are all the questions I have for Pt.1. I'll ask more in Pt. 2 later.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Again, please note my questions were not asked to offend anyone.

Dude. What is up with you?

I can understand your frustration as I'm egger too to understand more about Islam in general. You seam quite intelligent but you are asking question but minus the explanation of the Quran & hadith. I think some of the more knowledgeable brother here are trying to help you understand more but base on actual words of Allah in the Quran or the hadith which the reports of our prophet Muhammad (SAW).

I think your questions are not provoking other but your reaction to those answer are. I hope you stay focus in believing in Islam but nothing wrong with finding out more info. Comparing Islam with Science is nothing wrong too but your faith must be strong as you may go astray.

Btw, if any Tom, Dick or Harry can cook up their own explanation.about Islam than Islam will be like Christian. Lost & distorted.

Suba’hanallah!

I think first you must cool yourself down and if you really want to know more than open your eyes & be patient. Insya’allah you will find your answer that you have been looking for.

As for you brothers out there. Be patient too. Don’t be too egger to attacked him. You seniors are here to help the week. That is why this forum exists.

Btw, bro! Are you a born muslim or a muslim convert? (Just curious)

Sorry if I had offended you Faisal. I’m just trying to help.

nighean

I found this article about the early gospels of Jesus and am posting this in two different threads as I thought it was interesting reading:

UNDERSTANDING THE FOUR GOSPELS

We do not know who wrote the "Gospels" of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John which are in the New Testament. When these books were written, it was a common practice for authors to attribute their writings to well-known persons to lend "authority" to the writings. Matthew and John were two of the original disciples of Jesus. Luke was a physician who accompanied Paul on some of his missionary journeys. Mark, who was also named John, was the son of a woman named Mary who had a house in Jerusalem. Mark, who was an acquaintance of the disciple Peter, also accompanied Paul and Barnabas on some of their missionary journeys.

Since it is customary to refer to the writers of the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John by these names, I will follow this custom. We know that Mark wrote his book first because both Matthew and Luke quote Mark in their books, sometimes word for word, and sometimes with editorial changes and additions.

Mark and Matthew wrote their books strictly from a Jewish point-of-view, claiming that Jesus was the Jewish messiah ("anointed one") whom the Jews were expecting to liberate the Jews from their Roman rulers and reestablish an independent "Kingdom of Israel" (also known as the "Kingdom of God" or "Kingdom of Heaven") on earth.

Luke (who also wrote the book called "The Acts of the Apostles,") wrote "The Gospel According to Luke" reflecting the viewpoint of Paul who was a "hellenized" Jew (a Jew whose views reflected a mix of Greek culture and Jewish culture). Although Paul viewed Jesus as the Jewish "messiah," Paul invited Gentiles (non-Jews) to accept Jesus as God's "anointed" ruler ("lord") of the entire world, not just the Kingdom of Israel.

Matthew, Mark, and Luke apparently wrote their books after 70 C.E. (Christian Era or Common Era) because all three books make reference to the destruction of Jerusalem which occurred in 70 C.E. after the Jews revolted against the Romans beginning in 66 C.E. These books were written at a time of crisis in the Christian movement. Most of the earlier followers of Jesus were dead. Peter and Paul are believed to have died between 60 and 65 C.E. These early followers had expected Jesus to reappear on earth as the "messiah" during their lifetimes.

Paul expected Jesus to return during Paul's lifetime to transform the world. About 53 C.E., Paul wrote to the church at Corinth, "I mean, brethren, the appointed time has grown very short; from now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealing with it. For the form of this world is passing away" (I Corinthians 7:29-31).

About 50 C.E., Paul wrote to the church at Thessalonica, "For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that WE WHO ARE ALIVE, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those (Christians) who are asleep (dead). For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; and THEN WE WHO ARE ALIVE, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord" (I Thessalonians 4:15-17).

It appears that Matthew, Mark, and Luke wrote their books between 70 C.E. and 80 C.E. These books were written at a time when some of the Christians had begun to wonder why Jesus had not returned as expected. Mark (in the 13th chapter) addresses this question, and Matthew (in the 24th chapter) and Luke (in the 21st chapter) give the same explanations, based on what Mark had written.

If you will consult a good "Harmony of the Gospels**" showing Mark 13, Matthew 24, and Luke 21 in parallel columns, you will see that these chapters describe conditions that existed after the Romans had destroyed the Jewish temple and Jerusalem in 70 C.E. In reading these chapters, always read Mark first, and then Matthew and Luke. The changes and additions by Matthew and Luke will become apparent to the reader, and the fact that Matthew and Luke are largely copying Mark will be evident too. (**A Harmony of the Gospels by Ralph D. Heim, Fortress Press)

The destruction of the temple and Jerusalem had made some of the Christians wonder whether Jesus was truly the Jewish messiah. The chapters, mentioned above, begin with Jesus "predicting" the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem, and claiming that this was an event that would precede the return of Jesus as messiah.

Then Jesus "predicted" that there would be "wars and rumors of wars," the persecution of the Christians by the Jews and civil authorities, conflicts within families, and the appearance of "false messiahs" before the return of Jesus as the true Jewish messiah. Of course, these things were already happening at the time Matthew, Mark, and Luke were writing their "gospels." At the end of these chapters, Matthew, Mark, and Luke claim that Jesus reassured his disciples with these words, "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."

Then the statement is added (by Mark and Matthew), "But of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Whether this last sentence was intended to be from Jesus, or was a commentary by the writer, is not known. Nevertheless, the intent of adding this sentence is clear: the Christians should continue to expect Jesus to return during "this generation," but the exact day and hour were unknown.

Matthew, Mark, and Luke wrote their books to reassure the Christians that Jesus was the messiah expected by the Jews, so the Christians should remain steadfast in their belief. By the time that John wrote his book (probably between 90 C.E. and 100 C.E.), all of the original followers of Jesus were probably dead, including the "beloved disciple" who apparently was a resource to the writer of John. This is implied in the closing chapter of John, where the writer states, "The saying spread abroad among the brethren that this disciple was not to die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he was not to die, but, (Jesus said) 'If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?' This is the disciple who is bearing witness to these things, and who has written these things, and we know that his testimony is true. But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written." The "I" refers to the writer of the book, and distinguishes the "writer" from the "disciple" who provided "his testimony" as a source of information to the writer.

Since Matthew and Luke had the book of Mark as a resource, these three books show a similarity and are known as the "synoptic" (see-alike) gospels." The central theme of Jesus' teachings in these books concerned the "Kingdom of God" on earth, as described in the parables of Jesus. The book of John appears to have been written later, after the Christian movement had become established in the "hellenized" (Greek-influenced) part of the world, where Gentiles (non-Jews) were predominant. The books of Matthew, Mark, and Luke make a few references to "eternal life" (Matthew 19:16; Mark 10:17, 30; Luke 10:25, 18:18) but it was Paul who introduced the hellenized (Greek-influenced) part of the world to the idea that "the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

The writer of the book of John interprets Jesus from a Greek viewpoint. The writer is obviously familiar with Greek philosophy because Jesus is presented as the incarnation of the "logos." Six hundred years before the time of Jesus, the Greek philosopher Heraclitus used the Greek word "logos" to refer to the "mind" or rational power of God that created the world by bringing order out of chaos (as reflected in John 1:1-3). Other Greek philosophers viewed the "logos" as giving "intelligence" to human beings (as reflected in John 1:4 and 1:9). (NOTE: Unfortunately, in John 1:1 and 1:14, the Greek term "logos" is translated as "word" which is its literal meaning in English but the Greek philosophical meaning of "logos" as the "mind of God" is lost by such an English translation.)

The book of John describes Jesus as teaching God's "truth" which human beings should follow in living as God intends for people to live. It is by following this truth or "light" that human beings experience life which Jesus described as "eternal" and "abundant."

Although John viewed Jesus from a non-Jewish viewpoint, John claims that a disciple who was an eyewitness to Jesus was a resource for the book of John. The writer referred to this disciple as "the disciple whom Jesus loved, who had lain close to his breast at the supper and had said, 'Lord, who is it that is going to betray you'" (John 21:20). The book of John refers several times to this disciple "whom Jesus loved" but never names him.

Although the book of John interprets Jesus in terms of Greek philosophy, it is evident that the writer had "inside information" that could have come only from an eyewitness to Jesus. The book provides specific details about the disciples of Jesus and the events in Jesus' life that appear to be more realistic than the descriptions given in the synoptic books. For example, Matthew, Mark, and Luke report a "voice from heaven" came at Jesus' baptism, declaring that Jesus was God's "beloved Son." But John wrote that it was John the Baptist who declared that Jesus was "the Son of God" when Jesus was baptized. John's version of this story is obviously more realistic. There are other examples like this to support John's claim to having an eyewitness as a resource.

Although Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John write from different viewpoints, what is consistent in the four books is the message of Jesus that it is God's will for people to love God and love each other as we love ourselves. Jesus refers to this message as God's word, or truth, or commandment, or will, and those who accept this, as evidenced by how a person lives, will experience life as it is intended to be, and is described by the concept of "entering the Kingdom of God" on earth.

It is important to know the different viewpoints or perspectives from which Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John write because by knowing this, we can identify and disregard some of the writers' own commentaries and interpretations that only give their personal views about Jesus.

As we read the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, we must focus on discovering the "message" of Jesus that has relevance for us as we live today. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John did not agree on who Jesus was, but the truth that we should live by love for God and each other cannot be missed by anyone who does not get lost in the writers' personal views about who Jesus was.

As you read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, you should be aware that much of what is written was intended to convince readers about "who Jesus was." Matthew, Mark, and Luke intended to "prove" that Jesus was the "messiah" expected by the Jews. They used stories of "miracles" performed by Jesus as "signs" of his messiahship, and they quoted writings (taken out of context) from the Hebrew Bible to show that Jesus fulfilled alleged "prophecies" concerning the expected messiah. There is no need to believe that these "miracles" really happened or that these alleged "prophecies" related to Jesus because history has proved that Jesus was not the Jewish messiah. The miracle stories and the alleged prophecies have become irrelevant.

John used Greek philosophy concerning the "logos" in an effort to convince readers to believe that Jesus was the one and only divine "Son of God" with the power to grant "eternal life" to his followers (John 17:1-2). John has Jesus describe himself as having lived before the world was created (John 17:5) because, in Greek philosophy, the "logos" existed as the mind of God that created the world. All of this is found in the book of John when Jesus spoke at his "last supper" with his disciples. But the writers of the books of Matthew, Mark, and Luke record nothing of such words by Jesus at that "last supper." The idea that Jesus was the incarnated "logos" was totally foreign to Matthew, Mark, and Luke.

History has proved that Jesus was not the Jewish messiah expected by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul during their lifetimes. And there is no reason to believe that Jesus was the "incarnation" of the "logos" found in Greek philosophy, as proposed by John who wrote "And the Word (logos) became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14). But in their collection of parables and other sayings attributed to Jesus, the writers of the "four gospels" have preserved many "truths" that can be confirmed by our own observation, experience, and reasoning. And many of these "teachings of Jesus" have provided guidance and inspiration for many persons who have discovered for themselves what Jesus meant by "the truth will make you free." As Christian Deists, we are followers of the human Jesus who described himself simply as "a man who told you the truth" (John 8:40).

There has never been agreement on "who Jesus was," among New Testament writers, church councils, and theologians, and it is not likely that there ever will be agreement. Fortunately, from a Christian Deist viewpoint, the importance of Jesus is in his teachings. The "truths" that Jesus taught must stand (or fall) on their own individual merits. And you, the reader, must judge that for yourself.

As you read the "four gospels," Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, I hope that this essay will help you "separate the wheat from the chaff."

January 13, 2003
I found this website on Christian Deism while searching informatin about the early gospels . I didn't even know that a group like this existed - but more about that later.

Nighean

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
I want to clear something up

For those of you who are asking why I asked everyone to not give sources from the Quran, please re-read my original post. I never said you couldn't post verses from the Quran, all I asked is that, avoid posting that only. I would much rather read someone who explains something to me with the verses from the Quran backing up their claim. I also ask this because a lot of the verses from the Quran I don't understand, so only posting that, won't really help me much.

Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone. If you are, then it's a misunderstanding.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

Dude. What is up with you?

I can understand your frustration as I'm egger too to understand more about Islam in general. You seam quite intelligent but you are asking question but minus the explanation of the Quran & hadith. I think some of the more knowledgeable brother here are trying to help you understand more but base on actual words of Allah in the Quran or the hadith which the reports of our prophet Muhammad (SAW).

I think your questions are not provoking other but your reaction to those answer are. I hope you stay focus in believing in Islam but nothing wrong with finding out more info. Comparing Islam with Science is nothing wrong too but your faith must be strong as you may go astray.

Btw, if any Tom, Dick or Harry can cook up their own explanation.about Islam than Islam will be like Christian. Lost & distorted.

Suba’hanallah!

I think first you must cool yourself down and if you really want to know more than open your eyes & be patient. Insya’allah you will find your answer that you have been looking for.

As for you brothers out there. Be patient too. Don’t be too egger to attacked him. You seniors are here to help the week. That is why this forum exists.

Btw, bro! Are you a born muslim or a muslim convert? (Just curious)

Sorry if I had offended you Faisal. I’m just trying to help.

Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. Who said I was angry and frustrated? I'm just trying to have a debate thats all, not start any arguments. I don't know where you got he fact that I was angry and frustrated, but know thats not the case. I'm willing to listen to everyone.

Salaam brother Faisal,

The brothers and sisters have condensed their answers but I must say that if you are just as curious as to confirming the truth then you should be curious to read "long" posts. One word answers do not always answer questions.

I have selected a few verses from the Quran which you aught to read.

There are 25 Prophets (peace be upon them all) mentioned in the Quran, however there are thousands of others but their stories are not narrated. The Prophets are united on the principle of Tawheed (the Onesss of Allah swt).

Allah swt says:

“And indeed, We have preferred some of the Prophets above others.” (17:55)

“And, indeed We have sent Messengers before you (O Muhammad), of some of them We have related to you their story. And of some We have not related to you their story.” (40:78)

“The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. (They say,) ‘We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers.’” (2:285)

“He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islamic Monotheism) which He ordained for Nooh (Noah), and that which We have revealed to you (O Muhammad), and that which We ordained for Ibraaheem (Abraham), Moosa (Moses?) and ‘Eesa (Jesus).” (42:13)

Every verse in the Quran is great, but this is considered the verse of all verses and is given merit in numerous hadiths, it's called Ayatul kursi (the verse of the Throne):

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)." (2:255)

mezeren

hi Faisal,
i have once read a statement from a muslim scholar,imam Gazzali if i am not wrong,saying that the only reason for someone not believing in The Creator is because of his arrogance.so check yourself,after all, the reason satan was thrown out of paradise is his arrogance.he never said there is no gad but claimed that Allah(c.c.) created him superior than Adam(a.s.).what you need is not a debate but a search for the truth.
i will try to picture islam's perspective about creation as far as i can according to my understanding from Quran and Sunnah.
in a hadith Allah(c.c.) said "i used to be a treasure and i wanted to be known",that explains He created the universe and everything in it,first,to see his own greatness and than to show his creatures how great He is.He has given that feeling to us as well,when you make a piece of art,you first look at it and be proud and the next thing you do,you show it off to others so that they like it and praise you.
He created all the universe,the last of His creation was human kind.There have been angels whose only duty are to praise Allah(c.c.) and obey His orders,then,why He created us?since they are not given the free will to choose,their ranks are limited and stable unlike human beings who can have a rank between the worst and the best and who could have a degree above angels.
if there is no light there is no dark,likewise,if there is no evil there is no good and if there was no satan there would be no mankind,no test,no paradise,no hell and so on.A hawk's attacking a sparrow increases the sparrows ability.you can see now,creating evil is not evil but committing evil is evil.

Allah(c.c.) is All Knowing.He knows everything.he can see past,present and future at the same time since He is the one who created the time as well.it is like,today scientists know exactly every movement of the sun,let's say,for the next year day by day,and that doesn't mean they are responsible for its movements.We have the free will to choose between good and evil and we are held responsible for our actions.God's knowing what our choice would be is because He is All Knowing and that does not affect our actions.i wouldn't believe in a god who was not All Knowing.
God guides whom he wills and whoever deservers.if someone is sincere in searching God,be sure,he finds the truth.you can apply this to yourself.and finding the truth takes some effort,some thinking,searching,reading.so never stop asking questions,but when you feel you find your answers do not hasitate to believe.

al-muslimah

Salaam alaycoum Faisal..alhamdulliah you started asking questions.thats a great step. Hope all the answers satisfies your heart.

About Allah's existence.. How come you have doubts in that bro? then who created you,your mother,the universe and everything?? Is it like “everything appeared out of nothing”? all by it self?? There has to be a Beginning for every Ending.
for all the struggle and the hardship there is hope at the end of the day because we believe in god and believe in everything he says. Who do you call up to? I mean like when you come from a hard day and having some kind of problems and you’re all alone in a room and there is no one next to you or anyone to lend a hand to give help. who do you reach up to? who do you call?

This universe is a evidence of the creator itself. The universe has millions of galaxies, and within each galaxy there are millions of more stars. All of these grand structures and the laws governing and maintaining indicate design and complexity and thus are clear proof of god's existence, greatest and wisdom/ability. But us human beings, we didn't understand any of these things, we didn't even know about our own earth, so its clear that god who created these environments then put us humans on it so that we can come to know about who we are and our relationship with the rest of the universe and god almighty.
The miracles in Quran revealed 1400 years ago which science came to know recently.haven't you ever wondered Why science students turn to Islam?

Seriously, Islam is the only religion that is based on logic. It makes sence..believe me if I find a religion better than Islam, I would straightly leave islam and convert. And if I found someone greater than Allah, I would worship him. but there isn't..

May Allah enlighten your heart and show you the truth..I’ll keep you in my doa’a bro :hijabi:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

For those of you who are asking why I asked everyone to not give sources from the Quran, please re-read my original post. I never said you couldn't post verses from the Quran, all I asked is that, avoid posting that only. I would much rather read someone who explains something to me with the verses from the Quran backing up their claim. I also ask this because a lot of the verses from the Quran I don't understand, so only posting that, won't really help me much.

Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone. If you are, then it's a misunderstanding.

salam aleikum
lot of the verses from the Quran I don't understand,

Brother u can read the Tafseer with explanation of each verse ,just put your afforts and study Quran.
and keep asking questions ,there is nothing wrong with it ,inshaAllah, Allah SWT will guide u and strenghten your Iman...

waaliekum salam

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Jesus(pbuh)

God

My answers, my views and opinion. Please if you find any fault in them excuse me for them. :

1- The Coran states (Sura 3:52) that Jesus (Peace be upon him)had 12 hepers, followers or disciples.

2-The Coran doesn't have any records of what these disciples said. Remember that in the Bible, for example, the record of the disciples are 'supposedly' the 4 Gospels, which are in fact written originally in greek while they spoke in Aramaic.

3-Theres is no accountable record of the sayings and traditions of Jesus (peace be upon him)other than the Coran. Among christians the only source of the sayings of Jesus would be the Bible.

4-The only record of Jesus(peace be upon him) in the Coran is when he spoke in the cradle. Additionally in the Bible there's no pecific record of his chilhood.

5-Ever genetic information we are born with is decided and arrange by Allah even if taken from the parents. As muslims we believe Allah designs His own will and he is capable of anything He wills, What about Adam, he didn't have parents at all!

6- I never heard anything about the 12 imams of Mohamed (peace be upon him) I'll have to research more.

GOD

1- Shaytan asked Allah to give him time so he could test people on their real faith by tempting them and doing whatever he can to drive them away form Paradise, Allah accepted so, giving Shaytan the chance until the end of times, but Allah clarified the he would be able just to affect those who have weak faith.

2- By Allah knowing what's going to happen, it doesn't mean that He is not going to let it happen! The need for a test is to prove us right or wrong, is to give us the chance to choose. He didn't create robots, He gave us brains and free will. He's also testing us because He wants the best for us, Paradise, so we can decide and take responsability for our decisions.

2- Allah favors those who have an open, mindful and beautiful heart. Allah gives everyone the same opportunity to chose the right path, but if He sees that someone doesn't listen, that is going to make their heart even harder to understand. In the other hand, if He sees someone willing, He will make the path easier for them. In the meanwhile the one that has driven away from God, has always the opportunity and chance to change his mind, so Allah can guide him again. Remember Allah is The Most Merciful.

Assalamo alikom

Faisal,

The other brothers and sisters above have given you very good responses and probably have more knowledge about islam than I do. Your questions are very understandable and no one should make you feel bad for asking, you are actually very brave. But let me tell you one thing, if you make a place in your heart for Allah you will just feel it seriously, you just know! and everything starts to make sense. Give Allah a chance, love Allah, praise Allah, just ask Allah of something and you will see how quickly Allah answers your prayers. Try and stay away from music and bad influences, because those are the things that bring doubt in your heart and distance you from Allah. I know its hard living in the U.S. and all. But you live in california and the bay area is filled with muslims good and bad, try to hang around with the good ones and you will learn so much from them. There are so many americans converting to islam. Go to the Mosque for friday prayer and you'll see usually someone there to convert to islam. Trust me it will affect you so much emotionaly.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

I want to give a big thanks to everyone who have responded. Below I'll answer to some of your questions that you had for me and also respond to your response.

who created you,your mother,the universe and everything?? Is it like “everything appeared out of nothing”? all by it self?? There has to be a Beginning for every Ending.
To answer who created whom is something that I don't want to get into strictly because my views on it will surely bring on more arguments. What I will ask though, is that if there is a beginning and an end to something, then how did God come to exist?

for all the struggle and the hardship there is hope at the end of the day because we believe in god and believe in everything he says. Who do you call up to? I mean like when you come from a hard day and having some kind of problems and you’re all alone in a room and there is no one next to you or anyone to lend a hand to give help. who do you reach up to? who do you call?
To be honest with you, in my whole life if I ever had a problem, I've never really called upto anyone. Whenever I had a stressfull day/week/month, I always reflect upon the things I've done to make it harder. In the end, the success that I've achieved later in the future all came from me analyzing those mistakes I've may have made because I knew in the future to not make them and to correct myself the right way. Ofcourse that's not enough to rule out the existence of God, because it's just something what I've gone through personally.

This universe is a evidence of the creator itself. The universe has millions of galaxies, and within each galaxy there are millions of more stars. All of these grand structures and the laws governing and maintaining indicate design and complexity and thus are clear proof of god's existence, greatest and wisdom/ability. But us human beings, we didn't understand any of these things, we didn't even know about our own earth, so its clear that god who created these environments then put us humans on it so that we can come to know about who we are and our relationship with the rest of the universe and god almighty.
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to understand how the complexity of the Universe prooves God exists. A lot of it has been explained by science.

The miracles in Quran revealed 1400 years ago which science came to know recently.haven't you ever wondered Why science students turn to Islam?
I was never aware that every science student turns to Islam.

Seriously, Islam is the only religion that is based on logic. It makes sence..believe me if I find a religion better than Islam, I would straightly leave islam and convert. And if I found someone greater than Allah, I would worship him. but there isn't..
I won't argue with you on that one. Islam to me makes the most sense out of all the religions. I have no beef with Islam, nor any perticular religion. I just can't seem to understand the concept of religion because a lot of the characteristics is shared by all the religions.

May Allah enlighten your heart and show you the truth..I’ll keep you in my doa’a bro :hijabi:
Thank You. I appreciate you taking the time out to respond.

salam aleikum

Brother u can read the Tafseer with explanation of each verse ,just put your afforts and study Quran.
and keep asking questions ,there is nothing wrong with it ,inshaAllah, Allah SWT will guide u and strenghten your Iman...

waaliekum salam
Thank you. Is there a link I can have that has these translations? I believe brother A_Kashmir gave it to me once, but I seem to have lost it. My mistake.

3-Theres is no accountable record of the sayings and traditions of Jesus (peace be upon him)other than the Coran. Among christians the only source of the sayings of Jesus would be the Bible.
Really? I thought the books that was written by the apostles such as the book of John and such noted Jesus(pbuh) works, much like how Muhammed(pbuh) has the hadith noted by his companions.

4-The only record of Jesus(peace be upon him) in the Coran is when he spoke in the cradle. Additionally in the Bible there's no pecific record of his chilhood.
So there is no records of his miracles during his childhood, and teen years?

5-Ever genetic information we are born with is decided and arrange by Allah even if taken from the parents. As muslims we believe Allah designs His own will and he is capable of anything He wills, What about Adam, he didn't have parents at all!
I'll get into Adam and Eve in Pt.2 of my questions.

6- I never heard anything about the 12 imams of Mohamed (peace be upon him) I'll have to research more.
Sure brother take all the time you need. I actually got that information from a Shia brother, so I don't know if that'll be any lead for you or not, but it's worth a try I guess.

GOD

2- By Allah knowing what's going to happen, it doesn't mean that He is not going to let it happen! The need for a test is to prove us right or wrong, is to give us the chance to choose. He didn't create robots, He gave us brains and free will. He's also testing us because He wants the best for us, Paradise, so we can decide and take responsability for our decisions.
Okay I don' t understand that. You say just because Allah knows what is going to happen, he won't let it happen. So is he trying to prove himself wrong? Because if he doesnt let something happen, then the end result becomes the new reality and it's something Allah would also know.

I realize that the test exists to give us free will and obviously the when we make a bad choice, we go to hell if we don't repent and if we do good, then we go to heven. But, that still doesnt answer the question, if there is a test by God, who are we trying to prove wrong or right?

2- Allah favors those who have an open, mindful and beautiful heart. Allah gives everyone the same opportunity to chose the right path, but if He sees that someone doesn't listen, that is going to make their heart even harder to understand. In the other hand, if He sees someone willing, He will make the path easier for them.
Assalamo alikom
So does Allah know from the begining who will listen and who will disobey?

I have some Questions

1) What do you know about Allah?

I know he is God. Allah is just a name in the Arabic world but the concept of God is still the same. It's not a diffrent God.

2) What do you know about islam?

What do you mean specificlly? It's a question that has various answers.

3) what do you know about our prophet?

Muhammed(pbuh) brought on the message of Islam to the people.

4) Why did you leave islam? I think you don't have enough knowledge about islam or the wrong knowledge, if you think i am wrong please correct me.

I never left Islam really. I just have a lot of questions filled with doubts.

rtbour

american muslima
I still have a lot to learn about Islam, so I don't feel it is appropriate for me to give you the answers to your questions. People telling you to read Qur'an is really good advice, although it may seem boring or irritating to you. The reason I say that is because if you read it for yourself, your questions will be answered. I have been very emotionally moved by things on my own journey to Islam, and I have noticed some things that prove inside my heart that Allah is God and Islam is the way. For example, if there is something you are really wondering about, and you can't find the answer, Allah could very well just "drop" the answer you need right into your head when you least expect it. It has happened to me multiple times, but sometimes it takes awhile. When you earnestly search for the truth, the truth will be opened up to you. Please try to ask Allah to give you patience and clarity of mind while you search for the truth. You may feel flustered (or maybe you don't...) because you can't find what you are looking for, but if you just hold on and be strong, you will find all your answers and you will come to peace with Islam, insha Allah.
Sorry I could not help you more. I will pray for you.

rtbour

american muslima
on your theory of the existence of earth being proven by science, I would like to add something. i know of the Big Bang Theory, which says something about two atoms or space particles or something (sorry!) running into eachother and triggering the events leading to the earth and living organisms and everything we have today. well, how did those two particles or atoms (or whatever they are) get there? they came from somewhere. where did they come from? If you think back alllllll the way, you will end up asking yourself HOW DID THAT GET THERE? Its like the question "which was created first- the chicken or the egg?" i don't think you will ever find the universe and how it was created answer, unless your answer is God. (sorry, it has been a long time since i read up on that stuff...)