Five Religion Papers

mehitora

Salaam, brothers and sisters!

I know I haven't been on in such a long time...sigh, computer malfunctions. I have continued with my education even after moving back in with my parents. This semester I ended up taking a philosophy class on world religions, but my teacher is not doing a very good job of teaching it. He is a Christian minister and every religion we learn about, he relates it back to Christianity. He makes all religions other than Christianity sound very bad. But talking bad about my teacher is not what this post is about. The teacher has assigned us five papers on any aspect of any religion we pick. I have chose to do mine on Islam, but there is so much in Islam I could write about that I am having a hard time picking five subjects. I know I want to do one about the five pillars as they are the cornerstone of Islam. Can anyone give some other subjects that I can write about? Thank you so much, brothers and sisters.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wr wb

MashAllah ur lucky :) u get to do something interesting, if its going to be speaking to a non muslim audience i would chose something like these

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) mercy for the world
Good etiquettes in islam
Zakah ( reason being alot of people talk about poverty and world problem and islam has the solution but people dont know and muslims unfortunately dont practice fully)
Islamichood brother (no racism in islam - hajj best example going on right now )
and obviously the most important one Tawheed the creed of a muslim :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Tawheed. You definitely want to do this. Listen to Br. Nouman Ali Khan's tafseer of Surah Ikhlas and that's most of what you need on this topic Inshaa`Allaah.

Qur'an a linguistic Miracle - Also NAK's. I remember having watched a video. It was a "deen show" episode. A debate between him and a christian guy. i can't link the video right now because I can't access youtube. That's a good one but it's sort of short. You'll need more info. How long is your paper suppose to be?

Prophet's:saw: Seerah.

mehitora

Thank you, sister and brother.

Brother, those are some wonderful suggestions. Thank you so much.
Sister Seeking, at least 3 pages with at least 3 sources, one source must be from a book but the others can be from any other credible source.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Thank you, sister and brother.

Brother, those are some wonderful suggestions. Thank you so much.
Sister Seeking, at least 3 pages with at least 3 sources, one source must be from a book but the others can be from any other credible source.
Don't mention it = )

NAK quotes books so you have a problem with that Inshaa`Allah. In the second one, I remember he quotes a book called something like "The Qur'an, the bible and.. ." I don't remember. Search that video and if you get that book, it'll be helpful.

Anyway just an idea.