Flogging a young girl??

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

I am saddened to see that you have copied a link from The Independent of UK which are famous to spread lies about Islam and Muslims. I am a Maldivian and Alhamdhulillah I know how all these has been happened. Maldives is a small island nation consists of just 400,000 people as the Total Population.

1. The girl has been forced into sex by her step-father since she was a child, and it has been reported previously many times, but the then government (government of Mohamed Nasheed) did not pay any attention to the case. Plus, the HRCM (Human Rights Commission of Maldives) did not pay much attention.

2. Recently there raised a case of an illegal pregnancy and delivery, which the step-father of this girl and her mother is arrested for killing the baby. This is the case which are being reported by the news websites around the globe.

3. Girl is 15 years old now, and is a Major, not a Minor according to Islam.

4. The case of flogging is a completely different case which was raised while investigating this case and when the Judge questioned the girl about it, she said that she has committed Zina willingly with another person (NOT a RAPE) and now sincerely wants to repent for the sake of Allah. She told the Judge that she is matured and wants flogging and get repented. In Islam, Judges do not have the permission to reduce the punishment of Sharee'a nor to delay it. However, the Judge ended up by issuing the verdict to delay the flogging until she becomes 18.

5. The flogging is not about the rape case, but it is for the Zina she has done willingly, and told the Judge about.

6. Her step-father is in police custody still, and she is not charged with anything on the rape case. Who are we to stop someone from her repentance?

May Allah make us among those who find true information from truthful sources and spread it. Ameen!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

I am saddened to see that you have copied a link from The Independent of UK which are famous to spread lies about Islam and Muslims. I am a Maldivian and Alhamdhulillah I know how all these has been happened. Maldives is a small island nation consists of just 400,000 people as the Total Population.

1. The girl has been forced into sex by her step-father since she was a child, and it has been reported previously many times, but the then government (government of Mohamed Nasheed) did not pay any attention to the case. Plus, the HRCM (Human Rights Commission of Maldives) did not pay much attention.

2. Recently there raised a case of an illegal pregnancy and delivery, which the step-father of this girl and her mother is arrested for killing the baby. This is the case which are being reported by the news websites around the globe.

3. Girl is 15 years old now, and is a Major, not a Minor according to Islam.

4. The case of flogging is a completely different case which was raised while investigating this case and when the Judge questioned the girl about it, she said that she has committed Zina willingly with another person (NOT a RAPE) and now sincerely wants to repent for the sake of Allah. She told the Judge that she is matured and wants flogging and get repented. In Islam, Judges do not have the permission to reduce the punishment of Sharee'a nor to delay it. However, the Judge ended up by issuing the verdict to delay the flogging until she becomes 18.

5. The flogging is not about the rape case, but it is for the Zina she has done willingly, and told the Judge about.

6. Her step-father is in police custody still, and she is not charged with anything on the rape case. Who are we to stop someone from her repentance?

May Allah make us among those who find true information from truthful sources and spread it. Ameen!

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

BaraakAllahu feeki for providing the inside info, respected brother. I think the first paragraph itself makes it clear that she was punished for Zinaa.

A teenage girl in the Maldives who was repeatedly raped by her stepfather has been ordered to receive 100 lashes after she confessed to having had pre-marital sex with another man. She is said to be deeply traumatised.