For safety sake

sistersalina

Assalamualaikum everyone. It has been so long since I've visited this website. Been soo busy with my entrance to a new college life. Anyways, I have this question to ask all you brothers or sisters. The issue is, for me to travel from my apartment to the college is not very far but the road i take is really dangerous. I heard a lot of theft and raping stories. So I am really afraid to walk there and I am also afraid for leaving or staying in my room alone because I have got things that got stolen before from my room.So is there any dua's that I can read before I leave the room so that my journey to the college and so that my room will be safely guarded from anything?

Besides that, I would like to take this opportunity to explain to everyone about what I went through the past few months. Just for the sake of sharing and hopefully this will help someone out there who is going through a hard time. The past one and a half year was a total struggle for me. Struggle as in education wise. I have always wanted to pursue my degree in UK but my parents were never happy about it and they strictly forbid me from going because they are scared to let me go and they have this conservative mentality about how girls should not go so far to pursue their studies. I find the second reason really annoying and stupid. So, in order to pursue my dreams I thought of taking things on my own hand. Like trying hard for scholarships and I did manage to get chosen for interview and such. So I thought I will be able to go UK finally. I studied hard and I did all the extra things that should be done. However, when the results came, I did not do well. The results were extremely disappointing. It was so bad that it looked like as if I am the kind of student who did not study at all. I was devastated. I was angry and I was for a day very disappointed at Allah. But the disappointment towards him was only for 1 day because I was scared he will get angry with me and he wont do anything for me at all and my family was keep on telling me that this thing happens for a reason. So since i have no choice I had to enrol in a local college but which has twinning to UK. So eventuallly I will go to UK :)..My classes just started yesterday and I am having soo much fun here. I feel really confident and I am proud to be studying here. What I am trying to say is now I know why Allah did this to me. He knows well that I will enjoy here. He knows where I should belong. Masha Allah..when I think all this I just feel soooo shocked. Sometimes, it makes me cry because he actually put me in a wonderful place. I know I have been only 2 days here but so far, I like it. Well, that is what I wanted to say. I hope it did inspire some of you all. Never loose faith in him. In the end, he just knows best.

Ok then, hopefully someone can answer my question and I hope Allah will bless us all..
Wassalam.

noor aldeen

salam sister keep you self with allah and read quran always
allah will keep you ان الله يدافع عن الذين امنو

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
salaam,

yes there is one Dua:

Bismillah, Tawakkaltu, a'lallah, wa laa hawla wa laa quwatta illah billah
(In the name of Allaah, I place my trust in Allaah, and there is no might nor power except with Allaah)

Messenger of Allah :saw: said: Whoever says – upon going out of his home (the above duaa) it is said to him: You have been sufficed, protected, and guided, and the shaytan would move aside from him, then say to another shaytan: What access do you have to a man that has been guided, sufficed, and protected?” (Abu dawood, An-Nisa’ee , At-Tirmithi)

PS: regarding ur parents not sending u to Uk....well they have a reason. the atmosphere @ colleges is generally not good for muslims esp. muslim girls.

u know drugs, alcohol, dating...its hard to avoid it. and also muslim woman cannot travel alone so far by herself. so maybe its a blessing of Allah but in disguise.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Assalamualaikum everyone. It has been so long since I've visited this website. Been soo busy with my entrance to a new college life. Anyways, I have this question to ask all you brothers or sisters. The issue is, for me to travel from my apartment to the college is not very far but the road i take is really dangerous. I heard a lot of theft and raping stories. So I am really afraid to walk there and I am also afraid for leaving or staying in my room alone because I have got things that got stolen before from my room.So is there any dua's that I can read before I leave the room so that my journey to the college and so that my room will be safely guarded from anything?

Besides that, I would like to take this opportunity to explain to everyone about what I went through the past few months. Just for the sake of sharing and hopefully this will help someone out there who is going through a hard time. The past one and a half year was a total struggle for me. Struggle as in education wise. I have always wanted to pursue my degree in UK but my parents were never happy about it and they strictly forbid me from going because they are scared to let me go and they have this conservative mentality about how girls should not go so far to pursue their studies. I find the second reason really annoying and stupid. So, in order to pursue my dreams I thought of taking things on my own hand. Like trying hard for scholarships and I did manage to get chosen for interview and such. So I thought I will be able to go UK finally. I studied hard and I did all the extra things that should be done. However, when the results came, I did not do well. The results were extremely disappointing. It was so bad that it looked like as if I am the kind of student who did not study at all. I was devastated. I was angry and I was for a day very disappointed at Allah. But the disappointment towards him was only for 1 day because I was scared he will get angry with me and he wont do anything for me at all and my family was keep on telling me that this thing happens for a reason. So since i have no choice I had to enrol in a local college but which has twinning to UK. So eventuallly I will go to UK :)..My classes just started yesterday and I am having soo much fun here. I feel really confident and I am proud to be studying here. What I am trying to say is now I know why Allah did this to me. He knows well that I will enjoy here. He knows where I should belong. Masha Allah..when I think all this I just feel soooo shocked. Sometimes, it makes me cry because he actually put me in a wonderful place. I know I have been only 2 days here but so far, I like it. Well, that is what I wanted to say. I hope it did inspire some of you all. Never loose faith in him. In the end, he just knows best.

Ok then, hopefully someone can answer my question and I hope Allah will bless us all..
Wassalam.

:salam2:

Alhamdulilah, it's nice to know that you're content with school and traveling.
SubhanAllah sister, I had the same experience many times in my life and each time I cannot feel but be surprised and at the same time I feel more grateful toward Allah SWT than the previous time.

Our visions are limited, and His (Allmighty's) vision grasp all things. With our limited visions we tend to think of here and now and we are prone to worries and stress, but so long as we can maintain our patience and have faith in Allah SWT, surely He will give us good from places we did not expect. Doesn't a wonderful feeling overwhelm you when that happens?

:wasalam: