For the first time

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2:

For the first time in my life I did not feel like a minority in United States. Saturday October 4th, Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) hosted its first annual Muslim family day at Six Flags. It was nationwide event hosted at Six Flags Theme Park in Dallas, New Jersey, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, and Washington D.C.

I was surprised at how many people showed up! About 10,000 Muslims came to the Six Flags I went to the one in Los Angeles. The whole atmosphere was filled with joy. Old men, old women, parents, kids, even toddlers showed up. There were bunch of Hijabi sisters, some even wore Niqab, which is always nice to see.
The volunteer gave out fliers and free Quran to non-Muslims at the entrance. I thought that was very good for Dawah considering they were able to see the presence of the Muslims and even see us offering Salah.

I'm wondering if anyone else went to Six Flags? If so, share your thoughts :D.

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.

although i am on the other side of the planet, i am very pleased and happy to hear that brother...this shows how fast Islam is spreading in west...ALLAHUAKBAR...ALLAHUAKBAR...ALLAHUAKBAR...

JazakALLAH khair...

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Nope, but I heard people talking about it after the kutbah. Did you go alone or what?

No I went with two brother from my Masjid (Umar Al Farouk),
You should have gone, it was great! Insha Allah you will get another chance next year.

:salam2: I went to the one in boston. It was nice and wonderful for me to see soo many hijabis. I know when the people gathered to pray maghrib a few white americans were passing and one boy commented on it. but i think they were surprised. Also what is this with my fellow sisters in islam. I saw a naqabi sister with slits on the side of her skirt so that i could see till almost her knee. I think theses type of sister should rather not cover there faces but instead cover there legs. Also pants and short shirt with naqab. That one also did not make sense to me. Beside that i loveeeeeeeeeed it cause i was not the only one wearing hijab loll ;)

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: i just moved to france from usa a couple of months ago but am so happy to hear of these events at six flags. What a wonderful opportunity for dawa and for average Americans to watch salat being performed in a positive setting and not on an episode of that dreadful 24 or some other programme on fox labeling us as terrorists. You never know how this can impact especially a child watching salat, it can make a difference in their lives, for sure. Also, for us hijabis, we visibly represent our faith every time we walk out that door in western countries. Let us be mindful of that and of dawa and how we treat others in our community. Organize more events, fundraisers, soup kitchens, etc., and represent Islam well for the sake of Allah :S

mali1

Salaamalaikum.. I live in Chicago and did not even know about it. The masjid I go to did not mention it at all. I am sure it must have been fun for those who went.

Wasalaam

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Salaamalaikum.. I live in Chicago and did not even know about it. The masjid I go to did not mention it at all. I am sure it must have been fun for those who went.

Wasalaam

Wow, how lame! Here there were fliers everywhere. Muslims markets and restaurants were also promoting the events. Even the Shia Masjids had them too. I thought Chicago had a huge Muslim community?