Force of attraction of Adhan:

sachin4islam

Asslam Alaikum: My Islamic Br's and Sis's.

There was a time when I was a fierce and staunch Hindu. I was hardly 16 years old, but my mind was manipulated by Anti-Muslim propaganda that begin in 1989 when my city fell in Hindu-Muslim communal violence. This rein of violence stuck my city again in 1990 and 1992. Primarily my peaceful city was fueled for violence by Hindu fundamentalists who begin a nationwide campaign to demolish a particular Masjid and simultaneously erect a temple at dismantled land. Hindu youths were being provoked to join this Anti-Muslim campaign. I was caught by whisper of Shaytan and begin to participate in Anti-Muslim rallies mainly organized late night. These rallies always used to pass nearby Muslim dominated areas,many times trying to pierce through inside of Muslim inhabited lanes.

In 1990 I was participant of such a rally which ignited a fire of communal violence in my city. The rally reached just at the entrance of a Muslim dominated area and suddenly stoning begin between the two communities. I fought for about two hours along with hundreds of Hindu youths against Muslims of that particular area dispersing only after police companies arriving at that area announcing curfew across whole of city.

I never knew anything about Islam except the propaganda that runs across Hindu families that Muslims are meat eaters and hence violent to an extreme level. We were even told that Muslims does't have well structured families.They are always armed ready to indulge in violence at any moment.

This was my mind setup until 1994 as regards to Muslims. In 1994 I was through to preparation of Medical entrance exam held for aspirants intending to secure a seat in Medical college. To study physics for preparatory exam I begin to go for tuition to a Muslim professor whose residence was in a Muslim locality. It was month of march coinciding with Ramadan. I left after finishing tuition. The professor finished the tuition just some before Iftar time. As I was to leave residential area of the professor I heard Adhan for the first time so clear from such a close vicinity. It stuck to my soul just like a missile. As the voice of Adhan progressed towards finish I was in an astonishing state of peace and perhaps spirituality. It seemed me as if the voice of Adhan is rising up towards sky to heavens.

I did not know at that moment what Adhan is all about. It was a call for local Muslims for Salat but it was a call for me towards Deen of Allah. My heart begin to melt. The sheath of an extreme Hindu begin to be pored from various places. Today when I am a Muslim my day is mostly incomplete without listen Adhan from various persons. Believe me when I read comments from different Non-Muslims for the spirituality they realized after listening Adhan makes me to believe that Islam is 101% (more than 100%) Deen of Allah.

May Allah guide ignorants towards Islam and Muslims to pure Islam of Muhammad (SAW).

Regards.
Abdullah.

islamlover49

May Allah perfect us in his Deen until death.....! Masha Allah brother...Allah turns the heart...he is the turner of heart...

salahdin

SUBHANALLAH

Whoever Allah guides, there is none that can misguide him, and whoever He misguides, there is none that can guide him.

Mairo

Maryama
Wa aleikum salaam brother

:jazaak: for sharing your story. I do so agree with you about the attraction of the Adhan. I lived for several years in Niger (as a non-muslim), and one of the things I always loved hearing was the Adhan. I think the beauty of it takes a lot of non-muslims off guard, even without understanding Arabic you feel a draw and a sense of peace that is hard to explain unless you experience it. I truly miss hearing it daily.

There is one story I recall of a Christian Missonary who was living in Niger. He was the leader of his group of Christians and had lived there for many years, trying to call people to Christianity. Then one morning came and he woke up suddenly, and as he woke up he heard the Adhan for the fajr prayer. It was like nothing he ever experienced - he was immediately drawn to the mosque, and upon entering declared his faith right on the spot! Allahu Akbar

and Amin to your dua

:wasalam: