Former Muslim convert here.

Robert.

As'alaamu Alaikkum Robert

It seems like that you do not have much faith (sorry).

If you value animal more than human beings and yourself then you do not belong in Islam.
If you believe evolution to be fact then you do not belong in Islam.
You don't seem to believe that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala can forgive a sinner, you don't belong in Islam.
If you only believe in evidence based beliefs then Islam is not for you.
The question about women being happy in Islam is insulting.

And I think you are here to cause trouble and not for genuine reasons.

I beg you to ask forgivenss from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and take the Shahada again. Don't be fodder for hell fire, save yourself. If you become a scientist then you can still believe in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. There are plenty of scientists who are believers. In fact, most came to Islam because they have found out that the Holy Qur'an backs up all the scientific facts. A simple example I can give you is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says in the Holy Qur'an that He puts a barier between the two seas meaning when the salt water and the fresh water 'meet', and scientists have just discovered this fact.

You would spend eternity in hell for the sake of science?

I'm very sorry that you feel that I am here to cause trouble, but that is not the case. I'm simply interested in Islam.

strive-may-i

How did you know my name?

Anyway, allow me to explain everything in detail.

Last year, I came to this website, and after admiring much of it and reading some of the Qu'ran, I prematurely converted to Islam. However, I found that, after a while, I had some problems with it, and religion in general. Here is a list:

I can't agree with turning animals into dust. I just find it to be a horrible idea.

I studied evolution and found it to be fact. Theory is a scientific fact until proven wrong.

I love science. I simply can not reject that in favour of religion.

I made a few mistakes and wasted my opputunity to better myself, and if I revert to Islam again, I don't get that chance again, do I? So I'm a sinner anyway.

I only agree with evidence based beliefs.

Are women happy in Islam?

They are my main issues. I simply feel that, as a future scientist, I'd need to clear these up to consider reverting again.

'As a future scientist...' Let me tell you, do not follow blindly anything. Ask/ observe a knowledgeable practicing Muslim about how he goes about leading life the Islamic way. You will find enough scientists of repute, who were muslims. The prejudice filled minds , will give you a wrong picture and try to prevent you from knowing the truth.

And about Women happy in Islam, there are countless examples. Many of these women are inspiration /role models for Men folks too. Ask any Pious Muslim on how they treat women. This forum has enough women Muslims young/old who will tell you clearly Islam is a way of life best suited for men / women.. There are also non-muslim women in this forum, see how they have been treated...

And no you are not a sinner forever, Even the most pious of men have been tested, even the prophets have been tested, seek forgiveness and strive for better you , thats the sign of true moomin.

--> "And seek assistance through patience and prayer, and most surely it is a hard thing except for the humble ones."[02.45 ]
--> "Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?" [029.002]

Hope all this helps, in your quest for truth.

kayleigh

As'alaamu Alaikkum Robert

It seems like that you do not have much faith (sorry).

If you value animal more than human beings and yourself then you do not belong in Islam.
If you believe evolution to be fact then you do not belong in Islam.
You don't seem to believe that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala can forgive a sinner, you don't belong in Islam.
If you only believe in evidence based beliefs then Islam is not for you.
The question about women being happy in Islam is insulting.

And I think you are here to cause trouble and not for genuine reasons.

I beg you to ask forgivenss from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and take the Shahada again. Don't be fodder for hell fire, save yourself. If you become a scientist then you can still believe in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. There are plenty of scientists who are believers. In fact, most came to Islam because they have found out that the Holy Qur'an backs up all the scientific facts. A simple example I can give you is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says in the Holy Qur'an that He puts a barier between the two seas meaning when the salt water and the fresh water 'meet', and scientists have just discovered this fact.

You would spend eternity in hell for the sake of science?

Lots of Muslims believe in evolution and science. Perhaps you don't, but that doesn't mean everyone else who does is going to hell. And that isn't just a personal opinion - I know of at least one scholar off the top of my head who says that evolution is an acceptable belief. Perhaps with limits on it, but still - you can't just make a blanket statement like that.

Telling someone how stupid and sinful they are, then telling them they should convert back immediately isn't helping. You're probably just convincing him that leaving Islam was the right decision in the first place.

Tomtom

Banned
Narrated Ibn Masud:
I was with the Prophet at one of the farms of Medina while he was leaning on a date palm leaf-stalk. He passed by a group of Jews and some of them said to the other, Ask him (the Prophet) about the spirit. Some others said, "Do not ask him, lest he should tell you what you dislike" But they went up to him and said, "O Abal Qasim! Inform us bout the spirit." The Prophet stood up for a while, waiting. I realized that he was being Divinely Inspired, so I kept away from him till the inspiration was over. Then the Prophet said, "(O Muhammad) they ask you regarding the spirit, Say: The spirit its knowledge is with my Lord (i.e., nobody has its knowledge except Allah)" (17.85) (This is a miracle of the Qur'an that all the scientists up till now do not know about the spirit, i.e, how life comes to a body and how it goes away at its death) (See Hadith No. 245, Vol. 6)

Bukhari English reference: Vol. 9, Book 92, Hadith 400
Arabic reference: Book 97, Hadith 7383

Tomtom

Banned
Telling someone how stupid and sinful they are, then telling them they should convert back immediately isn't helping. You're probably just convincing him that leaving Islam was the right decision in the first place.

Rubbish, nothing of the sort. I said repent and ask forgiveness. He must come back to Islam if he is to be saved. Or am I wrong?

a_stranger

There is very good agreement between Islam and science please check:

http://www.quranandscience.com/earth.html

But we should keep in mind that Quran is the words of Allah subhanahu wa taala , while science is human efforts to understand .......it is changing ......this very clear if we read the history of science.

With respect to women , I believe that Islam considers women as a noble honured creation ....Islam purifies both men and women by Taqwa(piety).

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Rubbish, nothing of the sort. I said repent and ask forgiveness. He must come back to Islam if he is to be saved. Or am I wrong?

:salam2:

There is huge different how to tell those things to people that 1) they understand, 2) you don´t hurt them when you tell your opinion.

Perseveranze

I can't agree with turning animals into dust. I just find it to be a horrible idea.

Peace,

I think this is a poor reason to negate what (from your perspective) could be the truth.

As I explained earlier, this notion isn't set in stone. Some animals will be in heaven, if one wanted their specific pet to be there, that would be possible aswell. The rest of the animals, once justice has been done, will be turned to dust.

Imo it's not really something to feel down about, Animals live and die everyday around this world and no one seems to care, people are always sadly abusing them etc. They were created for Humans, for us to see the signs of God, for us to be kind to them (which is the same a practicing faith) and for us to make use of them, ie. Food etc.

I studied evolution and found it to be fact. Theory is a scientific fact until proven wrong.

Please watch the video I gave you in the post above. It is true though, that if you are 100% convinced we came from Apes, and that Adam(pbuh) came from an Ape, then that's really going to contradict Islam.

We believe in evolution in Plants and animals, however we don't believe we are descendants of Apes.

Read the link I gave you above, it shows the flaws. Science has been wrong before (ie. Universe is eternal... now it's believed the Big Bang caused it to come about), and the Ape-Human evolution theory is not something that is set in stone.

You wouldn't have to.

I made a few mistakes and wasted my opputunity to better myself, and if I revert to Islam again, I don't get that chance again, do I? So I'm a sinner anyway.

You do get another chance, if you repent sincerely your sins forgiven. Simple as.

If you did that, then you would really limit your thinking. What came before the big bang? What about Life on another Planet? We have no evidence for either, yet people have their theories and hypothesis - you wouldn't now say; "I disagree since I only believe in evidence based things".

And if you're looking for evidences, check this out;

http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/?page_id=170
http://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1.htm

Ofcourse they are. Are women happy in the west? Don't they feel sexually exploited and objectified? Aren't they tasked with responsibilities that only leads them to sadness and stress?

If we look at Islam, women are liberated and grateful. If we compare the East and the West though, where Islam may not be properly practiced, then you can compare how happy or unhappy women are.

serena77

are women happy in Islam ? well.. I just reverted because of how happy the idea made me... how freeing... how much i knew it was the right and given path.. How wonderful allah (swt) and the prophets are ... i wouldn't have done this otherwise. I spent years making sure it was the right decision. i maybe should have moved faster, but i by NO means regret my decision.
serena

Robert.

Well, I intend to begin reading the Qu'ran tonight. I will read it from start to finish. I will remain open minded. I apologise if my question about women annoyed anybody. It was not intentional.
Also, if anybody would like to give me more information, please let me know through PM or messenger.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Well, I intend to begin reading the Qu'ran tonight. I will read it from start to finish. I will remain open minded. I apologise if my question about women annoyed anybody. It was not intentional.
Also, if anybody would like to give me more information, please let me know through PM or messenger.

Alhamdulillah, all praise to Allah. Read and get clarification if you don't understand. Remember these are words of God.

samiha

---------
Staff member
I just wanted to say one bit, like brother Perseverance said, about evolution - what contradicts Islaam is the understanding of evolution that we came from, or developed from apes, or ape-like creatures. We are told that Allaah subhanhu wa ta'ala created 'Adam 'alayhis salaam specifically, from whom we all then descend.

So to say that he 'Adam 'alayhis salam had a father, or descended from some other species would contradict a defined aspect of Islaam upon which there is full agreement by all of the scholars throughout history. The few that now come to claim that it could have happened use weak or incorrect interpretations of the texts and provide understandings that did not ever exist.

But - that only means that 'Adam 'alayhis salaam was created by Allaah, and we descend from him. Were there other creatures at that time? Allaah knows best. Does that mean that human kind didn't evolve after that into the forms we are now? Of course not. The fact that humans and animals do evolve and adapt regularly is undeniable, and Islaam does not negate that at all.

I just thought to clear that up. Please do read the Qur'aan with an open heart and I hope it guides you back to the truth, and I hope you keep asking and keeping that open mind, it's a good place to build up from.

Tomtom

Banned
I just wanted to say one bit, like brother Perseverance said, about evolution - what contradicts Islaam is the understanding of evolution that we came from, or developed from apes, or ape-like creatures. We are told that Allaah subhanhu wa ta'ala created 'Adam 'alayhis salaam specifically, from whom we all then descend.

So to say that he 'Adam 'alayhis salam had a father, or descended from some other species would contradict a defined aspect of Islaam upon which there is full agreement by all of the scholars throughout history. The few that now come to claim that it could have happened use weak or incorrect interpretations of the texts and provide understandings that did not ever exist.

But - that only means that 'Adam 'alayhis salaam was created by Allaah, and we descend from him. Were there other creatures at that time? Allaah knows best. Does that mean that human kind didn't evolve after that into the forms we are now? Of course not. The fact that humans and animals do evolve and adapt regularly is undeniable, and Islaam does not negate that at all.

I just thought to clear that up. Please do read the Qur'aan with an open heart and I hope it guides you back to the truth, and I hope you keep asking and keeping that open mind, it's a good place to build up from.

As'alaamu Alaikkum

Thank you for that.

Evolution and Islam or any other religion cannot co-exist like sin and righteousness cannot co-exist. There is no middle ground. Like is says, how many times does Allah Subhana Wa T'ala tells us that He alone created us? I wish people would wake up from the evolution nightmare. What is the proof of evolution?

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
How did you know my name?

Anyway, allow me to explain everything in detail.

Last year, I came to this website, and after admiring much of it and reading some of the Qu'ran, I prematurely converted to Islam. However, I found that, after a while, I had some problems with it, and religion in general. Here is a list:

They are my main issues. I simply feel that, as a future scientist, I'd need to clear these up to consider reverting again.

:salam2:
Dear brother Robert,

Here is my reply to your list of questions:

We have been told that on the Day of Judgement Allah (SWT) will resurrect all the animals and will do justice among them and they He will say "Be dust" and they will be dust.
Now let us analyze it. Animals also have life, they have spirit and that is why Allah (SWT) will do justice among them too, meaning He will compensate the aggrieved party. Now tell me this: What is the point of bringing them back and settling the scores if immediately after that they become dust. How will they use this "compensation" for their suffering if they become dust right after the judgement???
You see... Suppose a King brings his selected subjects in a building to test them then it doesn't mean he only owns that "test center", he still is the ruler of the areas outside that "test center", other cities and town etc, the whole country. In a hadith it is mentioned that this universe and all other 7 universes are surrounded by a thing called Al-Kursi which is beneath Allah's throne, and this "Al-Kursi" as compared to Allah's "Throne" (dominion) is like a ring thrown in a vast desert.
So by Allah (SWT) saying to animals "Be dust" and they will be dust is a majestic way of Allah (SWT) doing justice and then sending these animals away (or back) to other parts of Allah's dominion where they will live and cash the compensation for their suffering in this world. After that Allah (SWT) will then turn towards us and our judgement will begin.
Don't think low about Allah, He is your creator and also of all those animals you have concerns for. He even created the love you feel for the animals in your heart. Glory to Allah... He is not unjust.

Unlike Christianity or Judaism which states that universe was created 8 - 10 thousands years ago, Islam doesn't state that at all. As far as Islam is concerned this universe can well be billions of years old. And because of that we do not have to bad mouth about evolution. Evolution happens all the time. Whales and Dolphins were land mammal once, seals and penguins are also evolving as we can see.
All people came from Adam and Eve but they all EVOLVED into Blacks, Whites, Orientals etc.
And as sister Samiha has also stated: That Allah (SWT) has clearly stated that He (SWT) has created Adam (PBUH) from clay, therefore we believe that Adam was a special case. Adam was created not evolved. But, with the rest of evolution theory ... we don't have any issues.

I love science. I simply can not reject that in favor of religion.
Allah told us 1400 years ago that He created "seven heavens".
[67:4] He Who has created seven heavens one above another. No incongruity can you see in the creation of the Gracious God. Then look again: Do you see any flaw?
Now the String Theory is proving the same that there are seven additional parallel universes.

Quran mentioned it 1400 years ago that time is also variable:
[22:47] They ask you to hasten the punishment. God will not break His promise. A day with your Lord is equivalent to a thousand years in the way you count.
The Theory of relativity suggested it in 1900s.
Quran even said 1400 years ago that there are many planets which hosts beings like us who are being tested.
[65:13] Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth the like thereof. The divine command comes down in their midst, that you may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah encompasses all things in His knowledge.

So you see... You can't be more scientific than Quran.

I made a few mistakes and wasted my opportunity to better myself, and if I revert to Islam again, I don't get that chance again, do I? So I'm a sinner anyway.
NO. Until a person dies, he still has the test paper in his hand and so has the power to repent and get a clean slate. But after death comes then the future is really sealed. So I hope you will hurry.

There is nothing unscientific in Islam. Science is nothing but discovery of the rules made by Allah (SWT).

More women convert to Islam then men. Is this satisfactory for you?

:wasalam: