Former Muslim convert here.

Robert.

Hello, my name is Jordan. I joined this forum in the past, but forgot my username and decided to use my middle name, Robert. I am a white male from the UK, and I have been a Muslim before, about a year ago. I visited the mosque, prayed, converted etc. But there were some things which bothered me, so I decided to become atheist again. However, I have a few questions, because I feel as though I am drawn back to Islam time and time again. Probably just coincidence.
Here are my questions -

-Does Islam support science?
-Can you be a Muslim and believe in the fact of evolution?
-Do animals get turned to dust after death?
-Should I read the Qu'ran?
-is Islam the universal, true religion?

Any help would be appreciated.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Hi Jordan,

When it comes to God, there's no such thing as a coincidence.

Yes, Islam supports science. Unlike other monotheistic religions, Muslims do not believe science contradicts our faith nor do we perceive it as a threat. Instead we believe the two mutually compliment one another and that science actually proves much of the authenticity of Islam.

I'm not too sure about all animals turning to dust as there are vast differences among the various species. Someone with more knowledge can comment on that. Same for the question pertaining to evolution.

You most definitely should read the Quran. Did you not before when you decided to revert? In any case the Quran should be read by both Muslims and non Muslims. It is God's Final Word to mankind and it is how He speaks to us.

If you want to converse with Him, read His Word.

Islam is without a doubt the universal and true religion. But of course, I'm sure you knew you'd hear that on this forum :)

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum Jordan. Peace be with you! Nice to meet you and welcome to TTI. I'm Sakeena, princess of complaints here-since most of them are mine (lol). :D

Anyway, yes Islam does support science. Science is in the Qur'an, so yes you should read it and be amazed at what you will find! It's so incredible!

Book of Signs (Science in the Qur'an):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCxtUY9k4I

As for evolution: You will benefit from watching this video.

Evolution, Creationism, and Islam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4rWEHxKl80

As for animals, I've asked similar questions regarding them myself. Allah is most Just and loves all of His creatures and we love the critters. :hijabi:

You should read the Qur'an with an open mind. When I first read some of the Qur'an it made sense. The Qur'an is simple and so easy to understand. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm not a scholar, but there are many of us here who are happy to provide info and proof.

Be blessed. :hijabi:

Perseveranze

Peace

Nothing in Islam contradicts it. Read about the Islamic Golden, Science thrived and this was at a time when Islam was more deep rooted into society then today.

http://www.khilafah.com/index.php/the-khilafah/education/5460-islam-science-and-civilisation

Also this is excellent - http://historyofislam.com/science-and-faith-in-islam/science-as-the-servant-of-faith/

I would watch this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66o9Pkyq08

And read this -

http://islamicsystem.blogspot.com/2008/05/exposing-flaws-in-theory-of-evolution.html

This is an open end question with no definite answer. Many believe they will be, but not all. Because you can have whatever you desire, you should also technically be with an animal you really loved etc. But this is one of those questions which only Allah knows the answer to.

This might interest you;

Will there be animals in Al-Jannat?.

The animals that will be in Paradise according to the reports are of three types:

1 – Specific animals which it is said will themselves be in Paradise, such as the dog of the people of the Cave and the she-camel of Saalih (peace be upon him). There are no saheeh reports concerning them.

2 – Those which are mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, which Allaah has prepared for the believers in Paradise, whether they are mentioned in specific terms, such as the birds of which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And with the flesh of fowls that they desire”

[al-Waaqi’ah 56:21]

or mentioned in general terms, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We shall provide them with fruit and meat such as they desire”

[al-Toor 52:22]

Another example is the bull which Allaah has prepared as food for the people of Paradise, as was narrated from Thawbaan the freed slave of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: “I was standing by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when one of the Jewish rabbis came and said, ‘Peace be upon you, O Muhammad,’ and I pushed him back so hard that he nearly fell over… He (the Jew) said: ‘What would be their food after this?’ He (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: ‘A bull which was fed in the different quarters of Paradise would be

slaughtered for them’…” Narrated by Muslim, 315.

3 – Those animals which have been specifically mentioned in the saheeh Sunnah, which will be in Paradise. These include:

(a) It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Pray in the sheep pens and wipe their dust (raghaam), for they are among the animals of Paradise.”

Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 2/449; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3789.

Raghaam means dust (as translated here). The word has also been narrated as ra’aam, which refers to the mucus that comes from the sheep’s nose. What is meant is to wipe the dust from it, or wipe away what comes from its nose, so as to look after it and take care of it. This was the view of al-Manaawi in Fayd al-Qadeer.

(b) It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: A man brought a bridled she-camel and said, “This is for the sake of Allaah.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will have seven hundred she-camels in return on the Day of Resurrection, each of them bridled.” Narrated by Muslim, 1892.

Al-Nawawi said: What is meant by makhtoomah (bridled) is that it has a khitaam (bridle) on it, which is like a halter. And it was said that that it may be understood as meaning that he will have the reward of giving seven hundred she-camels, or it may be understood as it appears to be, and that he will have seven hundred she-camels in Paradise, each of them bridled, and he will be able to ride them wherever he wants, for pleasure, as was narrated concerning the horses and camels (nujab) of Paradise. This interpretation is more clear. And Allaah knows best.

Sharh al-Nawawi, 13/38.

The ahaadeeth about the camels and horses to which al-Nawawi referred are as follows

(a) It was narrated from Abu Ayyoob that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people of Paradise will visit one another on white camels as if they are rubies, and there are no animals in Paradise apart from camels and birds.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 4/179.

Al-Haythami said: This was narrated by al-Tabaraani. Its isnaad includes Jaabir ibn Nooh who is da’eef (weak). Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 10/413. It was also classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Jaami’, 1833.

(b) It was narrated from Sulaymaan ibn Buraydah from his father that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “O Messenger of Allaah, will there be horses in Paradise?” He said, “If Allaah admits you to Paradise, you will not wish that you could be carried on a horse of red rubies which will fly wherever you want in Paradise, but that will happen.” And another man asked him, “O Messenger of Allaah, will there be camels in Paradise?” but he did not say something like he had said to his companion. He said, “If Allaah admits you to Paradise, you will have therein whatever your heart desires and will delight your eyes.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2543. Classd as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 3/522.

dunno how authhentic is this.

I don't understand how you became a Muslim without reading and understanding it.

Make sure if you have any questions, that you use this website to search answers (do not use Google) - http://www.searching-islam.co.nr

Please read this excellent article which will hopefully answer the above - http://searching-islam.co.nr/islam/

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Hello, my name is Jordan. I joined this forum in the past, but forgot my username and decided to use my middle name, Robert. I am a white male from the UK, and I have been a Muslim before, about a year ago. I visited the mosque, prayed, converted etc. But there were some things which bothered me, so I decided to become atheist again. However, I have a few questions, because I feel as though I am drawn back to Islam time and time again. Probably just coincidence.
Here are my questions -

Hello Jordan, firstly welcome back to TTI. I'm truly sad to know you have become atheist again and left Islam. Fyi, when you became a Muslim you have one leg into the heaven. Perhaps you are not to be blamed, probably no good Muslims was there to guide you. Islam is the religion from God, hence you may not be able understand things without learning them from a Muslim who is knowledgeable. It is not a religion of "just follow" or "just have faith" but it is the religion which emphasise on you to have deep knowledge before you do things. Many Muslims today are not living as true Muslims because they lack knowledge or they do not understand the religion properly. I will pray for Allah to guide you back into Islam, inshAllah.

Pertaining to your question, let me try to answer them as best as I can. Pls allow me to apologise to you if my answers are not meeting your expectations.

I hope you can accept if I answer you in layman language since I'm not good in science. Islam is the complete religion, it is the way of life. There are verses pertaining to science in the Holy Qur'an, which was revealed at the time science never existed let alone scientist. These are the things to ponder, how our Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace be upon him) talked about science some 1400 years ago when no one known science at that time? I'm sure you have better brain then me to think and analyse. Yes Islam support science, in fact scientific verses in the Qur'an has been confirmed to be compatible with modern science findings.

If you believe human existed through evolution that means you deny God as the Creator. Charles Darwin always come into mind when we talk about bio-evolution, he shipped around the world to study the existence of the life. He saw animals and did research and finally he wrote a book which conclude everything existed without needing God, this created controversy including among Christians. If this is the evolution that you are referring to, then as Muslim I will not believe. Having said that, I'm not good in science hence I can't say more. You may always click the search button and google for answers, there are many articles talks on this subject. Cars, ships and aeroplanes, did all these suddenly dropped from the sky or came out from the earth? No, it was made by men. Similarly, everything existed that you see and you do not see are definitely there is a Creator. You can't just study monkey and come out with a theory that men came from monkey. You must believe that there is physic and meta-physic.

Yes, read here:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=91493

Yes, pls read no harm to you. This is the only book which dare to say this is the book which there is no doubt in the statement appears from the begining of the chapter 2, refer Quran 2:2:

This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqun [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)].

Holy Qur'an is the no. 1 source of Islam. You will understand Islam better if you understand Qur'an.

Without doubt. Islam is not race based or ethnic based religion. It is universal religion, all are welcome. We don't need rocket scientist to confirm Islam is the true religion, just do research on Qur'an, Qur'an contains no errors, compatible with science. As atheist it might be pretty hard for you to believe the existence of God. Let's start with Qur'an then. I'm sure you are good in science or at least incline to accept things that are scientifically proven. There are scientists who embraced Islam after doing research on Qur'an like Dr Bucaille. There is mathematician embraced Islam after reading Qur'an like Gary Miller. You may read why all these scientist, mathematicians, orientalists and priests embraced the religion of Islam.

Again, accept my apology if my explanation do not satisfy you. This is due to my own shortcomings. I'm sure there will be better answers from brothers and sisters.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What draws you to Islam. That is the essential question. How empty was your life when you left Islam.

a_stranger

Here are my questions -

Any help would be appreciated.

You are most welcome

-While Quran and Hadith are not books of science but whatever written in then is in total agreement with scientific facts.
-There are different arguments concerning this theory ....but Islam don't support all it's details.
-Yes animals get turned to dust after justice is completed even among them.
-I think when you have faith you find it a joy to read and understand Quran.
-Yes Islam is universal true religion it unites humanity with faith love of one true creator and all that is pure and noble.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
You "converted" to Islam but DID NOT read the Qur'an?
I am skeptical. Why in the world would you convert to a religion and not read its holy book?

inquizator

Salam Alykum, Peace to you Brother.

Your questions show that you think and only the last two do I have an opinion on.
Of course you should read the Qur'an.

The belief in One single God and his Prophets is the only correct belief a Human can have and Humans inhabit Earth. Therefore Islam is Universal.

Don't give up Robert. My belief is that only intelligent people will find Islam and by your questions I believe you are one.
Read your Qur'an and enlightenment will follow.
michael

Noor El-Huda

Brother Robert

I feel you need to immerse yourself in knowledge about this religion before concluding your judgement. other than that you'd fall short of doing yourself or Islam justice. Certainly read the quran, and hadiths (sunna) however do seek the help of those who can help you understand it, to make sense of everything.

A suggestion... Consider going to new muslim classes which are also for those who are just interested about finding out about Islam. You have an opportunity to ask all the questions you want. Since You're from the UK, check this for local ones.

http://www.muslimdirectory.co.uk/searchmosques.php

Also, consider contacting this revert sheikh 'Wasim Kempson' in Al Muntada Trust, London. Very helpful sheikh mashallah. Also they run a good new muslims/interested in Islam circle at this mosque.

http://www.almuntadatrust.org/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118&Itemid=73

All the best in your quest inshallah..

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
A question has been on my mind and i think this is the perfect place to ask it:

Say, Inshallah Jordan decides to embrace Islam again, does the original condition that sins will be forgiven apply??????
So for someone who leaves Islam and then comes back, will they start a fresh?

Noor El-Huda

Dear sister, this is what Allah swt says:

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Quran, sura Az-Zumar | 75 verses

Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this:

An-Nisa | 176 verses

One of the 99 names of Allah swt is Attawab. Meaning the continuous forgiver.

rahman2040

:salam2:
check this brother for theory of Evolution

[yt]PdCEIt-hM0Y[/yt]
also
[yt]fJiPTCtAPAY[/yt]

Allah knows best

Tomtom

Banned
QUESTIONS FOR ROBERT

1. What made you revert the first time to Islam?

2. If you've never read the Holy Qur'an completely, then what convinced you to be a Muslim?

3. Can you please clarify the 'the things that bothered you'?

4. There is no coincidences in Islam, if you are searching again then you are being guided again, why not come back?

5. If you permanently reject Islam, you will not be forgiven by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala, are you willing to take that chance?

6. Do you believe that a God exist?

7. Can believe by faith rather than by proof?

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

The following is my opinion Insha'Allah and if I am wrong may Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala forgive me.

Islam not only supports science but encourages the study of it because science is a gift from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. The science of this world is flawed in the sense that the majority of it are only theories put forward by men whilst the science of the Holy Qur'an is direct form the Maker of this science. For example, gravity is a gift from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala as He says that He holds everything in the universe by his Will.

In my opinion, NO. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala clearly tells us in the Holy Qur'an so many times that He made us and everything in the heavens and the earth. If you believe in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala then His words are enough for us. The theory of evolution put forward by Darwin in mere guesswork and conjecture. He cannot prove one iota of what he wrote in 'on the origin of species'.

I don't really care to be honest. Human beings are given dominance over any other species and were created for our benefit. The souls of these animals will not go to paradise once they are dead, and there is no mention of animals in heave. So the answer probably is YES.

It is the duty of every Muslim who has submitted to the Will of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala to read His words in the Holy Qur'an. How else would one get to know our Maker and know His attributes? It was revealed to mankind so that we read it and understand it and worship Allah Subhana Wa T'ala accordingly.

Yes, Yes and Yes. Islam is for mankind. Islam is not a new religion, all of the Prophets of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala were given the same message, but it was corrupted and changed over the years, therefore the true message had to be sent for the final time to give mankind another chance for salvation. Otherwise, Islam would have just stayed within Arabia.

Don't delay brother save your soul by prostrating to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala day and night and ask for forgiveness, ask for His enduing Mercy.

Robert.

Assalamu Alaikum:

Welcome back to TTI,Jordan Wilson. Hope I addressed you correctly?

Regards.

How did you know my name?

Anyway, allow me to explain everything in detail.

Last year, I came to this website, and after admiring much of it and reading some of the Qu'ran, I prematurely converted to Islam. However, I found that, after a while, I had some problems with it, and religion in general. Here is a list:

I can't agree with turning animals into dust. I just find it to be a horrible idea.

I studied evolution and found it to be fact. Theory is a scientific fact until proven wrong.

I love science. I simply can not reject that in favour of religion.

I made a few mistakes and wasted my opputunity to better myself, and if I revert to Islam again, I don't get that chance again, do I? So I'm a sinner anyway.

I only agree with evidence based beliefs.

Are women happy in Islam?

They are my main issues. I simply feel that, as a future scientist, I'd need to clear these up to consider reverting again.

Noor El-Huda

I made a few mistakes and wasted my opputunity to better myself, and if I revert to Islam again, I don't get that chance again, do I? So I'm a sinner anyway.

Ofourse you get a chance again. Believe in the meaning of this aya.This is god answering your question telling you that you do not remain a sinner for eternity! That would be absolutely scary! Allah is merciful!

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Quran, sura Az-Zumar | 75 verses

As a woman in Islam, nothing will make me happier than being a muslim. living in the west does shed light onto what it is like for a non muslim woman, and believe me it isn't for me. I have pitty rather than envy.

You might be referring to what is sometimes referred to as women being oppressed in the name of Islam. It is not Islam that oppresses the woman. It is those not practising it as they should be.

Sisters you want to elaborate on this crucial point?

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum Robert

It seems like that you do not have much faith (sorry).

If you value animal more than human beings and yourself then you do not belong in Islam.
If you believe evolution to be fact then you do not belong in Islam.
You don't seem to believe that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala can forgive a sinner, you don't belong in Islam.
If you only believe in evidence based beliefs then Islam is not for you.
The question about women being happy in Islam is insulting.

And I think you are here to cause trouble and not for genuine reasons.

I beg you to ask forgivenss from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and take the Shahada again. Don't be fodder for hell fire, save yourself. If you become a scientist then you can still believe in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. There are plenty of scientists who are believers. In fact, most came to Islam because they have found out that the Holy Qur'an backs up all the scientific facts. A simple example I can give you is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says in the Holy Qur'an that He puts a barier between the two seas meaning when the salt water and the fresh water 'meet', and scientists have just discovered this fact.

You would spend eternity in hell for the sake of science?