From the Heart.

Cariad

Firstly I would like to offer a sincere apology to all those members I seem to have offended in my contribution on the "Licking of Dogs" thread. I am sorry. I should have worded it better I was trying to get the point across that dogs have many beneficial uses to humans. Many animals saliva carries pathogens harmful to humans, cats especially and I was once told of a man who lost an arm due to the bite of a camel, as the wound became infected. It does not mean we should see such animals as evil, just to exercise care with our interaction with them and always wash after touching. Kissing pet dogs or any animal is just nasty.

I have wondered why there does not seem to be any other Christians members here, I can only think that they do not feel welcome. It's taken be awhile to realise this, maybe I am more thick skinned than most..or just thick..it's like you have built a high and impregnable wall around you and do not welcome any not of your kin, you may not see it as so, but it is how I have found it.

When I read the Quran I see many good things that are from Our God and when I read of your Prophet Mohammed I see many good points in his person, but he was not perfect, as none of us are. Then I think ..yes..maybe there is something in this Islam that is from Our Lord God. Then I read some of the sections on here and the ideas and practices seem crazy and more based on superstition and traditions than Our Gods command and it makes me then see the wrongness (in my eyes ..ya) and why would Our God wish such things.

I have many friends who are Muslim and relatives on my husbands side who are the loveliest and kindest of people. We never have any problem with differences of our religion, at the start of one friendship a woman I now count among one of my best friends felt the obligation of Dawah..and felt to convert me to Islam but once we realised that was never going to happen we got along just famously. That period of time I guess we got to know each other as the women we are not just by the labels of religion we attach to ourselves and we both recognised the same qualities and values in each other. We have shared many happy times over the years. Is this relevant? Probably not, only to say maybe don't be so cold towards anyone who is a non Muslim, you could miss out on a great friendship. I expect as usual this post will likely be seen as some kind of criticism towards you all as woe be me forever to be misunderstood...I do not mean it that way, I'm just saying things as I see them... Which if you knew me you would understand.

However it's not or ever has been my intention to cause strife. Indeed to do so is to go against the teachings of Yeshua, which I hold very dear to my heart, never the less it does seem that I do by my presence and contribution here I am causing just that so I feel it would be best to terminate my membership here, if there is any particular procedure of whom to notify to action this can someone in the know please advise. If not then if admin or a kind Mod do what you will.

I wish you all the best for your futures. I hope Our God blesses you in your lives and makes your troubles small and easy to live with.

Peace and blessings as ever. C

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
When you make statements like "your Prophet failed the test" etc then you can see why we are very defensive. I've told you countless times just to go and read about the life of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) so that you can at least contribute better.

It seems that it is only your inner prejudices about the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Sallam) and about Islam that just came to the fore (may be without you realising it).

There's no need to leave the forum as we all make mistakes and the lesson here being that we all should learn from our mistakes.

If you decide to change your mind and stay then all good if not then I wish you all the luck in the world.

Salaam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I was expecting this, seeing you as a person with some justice.

Let me clarify:

TTI is a forum for anyone who is interested in Islam. It is a platform to learn about deen and us. It is not a general discussion board where anyone can come to propagate their beliefs. We have a set of rules and we expect guests to abide by them. If they agree to it. Everyone is welcome amongst us. And yes, along the way, we will be telling them what's not welcomed here in case they slip.

You don't see many Christians here because those interested in Islam join us in Islam right after they have their confusions clarified. There are no Deep rooted Christians here because there is nothing here we have to offer them except Islam. They like you, are not interested. They are interested in preaching us christianity. We don't want that. So they leave. Whoever wants to leave, can leave. There is lil TTI can do about it. People shouldn't expect us to change our forum to TurnToAnything, simply because everyone around the globe didn't fit well with our Islamic forum here. You want islam related stuff, this is the place to be. You don't want that, suit yourself and find what best suits your interests.

TTI is not looking for quantity of people. It seeks quality. Even I got to know that. Islam demands quality. So does an islamic forum. Anyone is welcomed, as long as don't mess with our quality factor.

Also, we have had many trolls here. We have to be on our guard sometimes.

When I read the Quran I see many good things that are from Our God and when I read of your Prophet Mohammed I see many good points in his person, but he was not perfect, as none of us are.
Correction: You are here in our house. Learn enough about us not to offend us. Our Prophets to us are PERFECT! Be it Prophet Muhammad, `Isa, Musa or Sulayman and Da`wood (May Allah send his blessings and peace on them all). You making such false claims is immensely painful. You have already been told about it in your debate thread.

I can understand you don't take him as a Prophet:saw:. But when you visit us here I will expect you to be kind enough not to be offensive. You should understand this that while we welcome you amongst us, we didn't push you to be here. You were here with your own free will, a place where we have nothing to offer but what you seem to have no interest in. We are going to ask you to please be respectful when you visit us.
Then I think ..yes..maybe there is something in this Islam that is from Our Lord God. Then I read some of the sections on here and the ideas and practices seem crazy and more based on superstition and traditions than Our Gods command and it makes me then see the wrongness (in my eyes ..ya) and why would Our God wish such things.
True. . just like we read bible and believe so much shameless stuff cannot come from God. So we understand. But you must have felt bad when I just made this statement. We feel bad when you do this to us. We are different, so we should be careful with our words.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
... ["a lot"] ...

I should inform you then, that to close your account you need to contact the site administrator, Mabsoot, to do that.

Difficult to sum it all up really. Good and bad and lessons all round I think. Your gracious apology is accepted, may Allah reward you with good for doing that, many wouldn't have bothered.

What I witnessed was some very big concepts being thrown around - of course the words weren't mud, but often I thought gems of crucial information were overlooked in the pages of text generated by both 'sides' in the Christian V Muslim debate. Part of my reticence has been due to the fact that I consider believers of different faiths have more in common than they have with disbelievers. Maybe I'm wrong, but believing our fates do not lie in our own hands, except that we will receive justice for what we do? Ok, bit late for me to be getting philosophical.

It is also possible to just disable email notifications then walk away. Maybe we weren't on them when you arrived, but knowing you can be back will keep us on our toes :)
But seriously, as far as I am concerned, the door is open to you and you are welcome

Peace
Hassan

Eman Yousuf

Hello Cariad, as sister (seeking Allah's mercy) said, this is a forum where we learn and teach Islam and this is the right place for new Muslims. You said you have many Muslim friends and you have a friend who felt to convert you to Islam (but you didn't) and still you get along nicely , in that case my question to you is "why are you here"? . This is not a Face Book where you can make new friends and say and post whatever you want of this world.

If you really like the teaching of Joshua, then you have to respect all the Prophets (peace be upon them all) . As they are all brothers to each other, moreover Joshua came after Musa (peace be upon them) and continued his teaching of oneness of God . As Muslims we believe
in one God that is Allah (swa) and that is what Jesus (p.b.u.h) taught everyone .

Sister (seeking Allah's mercy) has said everything already, it is up to you to stay and learn to accept Islam or leave , suit yourself.

There is no compulsion in Islam.:)

Have a good day sister Cariad.