Girlyyy Girl Food

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Now this thread is for girls only - boys can go to do something else, like playing football or have some toy car races together

15_5_19.gif

What is a girl food anyways? Well somethink pink, sweet, cute, girlish of course.

Are you ready my all sweet sisters?

princess-smiley.gif

Pink White Chocolate Mousse

20806_l.jpg

180g white chocolate, chopped
300ml thickened cream
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup icing sugar mixture
pink food colouring
rose petals, to decorate

Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, or until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in egg yolks.

Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add icing sugar. Beat for 1 minute or until combined. Tint mixture pink with food colouring.

Fold 1/4 cup eggwhite mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining eggwhite mixture. Spoon mixture into twelve 1/3 cup-capacity dishes. Refrigerate overnight or until tops are firm. Serve decorated with rose petals.

Source: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20806/pink+white+chocolate+mousse

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Basic Cookies for Decorating

valentinesheartcookies.jpg

125g room temperature butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg at room temperature, beaten
2 cups of plain flour
4 tablespoons cornflour
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt

Method

• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
  • Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until they have creamed (become pale and creamy).
  • Drop in the vanilla and the egg and beat until all mixed together.
  • Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and once the batter has become stiff enough, take out of the bowl and knead together.
  • Roll out on a lightly floured board or your kitchen bench to about 3-4mm thick. Try to get the dough as flat as you can. Many bakers use the trick of running the dough through a pasta machine to get the even thickness you see in shops.
  • Use cookie cutters to cut your biscuits into the shapes for your cookies.
  • Place onto a greased baking tray lined with baking paper for about 12 minutes or until golden. Keep a keen eye on the oven as they are cooking as they easily overcook if left in for a few minutes too long.
  • Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • Once completely cook, you can get to icing.

Icing and Decorating

Icing and decorating your cookies is the fun part! You can be completely creative with your decorations. For a basic cookie icing, follow this simple recipe below which will give you a smooth and shiny dried icing finish:

1 cup icing sugar sifted a couple of times to ensure it is completely free of lumps
2 teaspoons of milk
2 teaspoons of corn syrup (try your delicatessan or health food shop if this isn't available in your local supermarket)

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until it forms a smooth paste. You can use this recipe to line the outside of the cookie and then thin the icing recipe with a little more corn syrup and drop inside the border to smoothly fill in the shape.

Add your decorations, sprinkles and lollies for decorating before the icing dries.

Source: http://www.pinkfrosting.com.au/article/party-biscuits-basic-recipe-and-ideas

easter%20egg%20cookie%20inspiration%20little%20easter%20bunny%20cookies%20pastel%20pink%20snowflake%20easter%20food%20ideas%20ha-f45682.jpg

12163code.jpg

cookie2.jpg

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Vanilla Cupcakes with Pink Lemonade Buttercream

PinkLemonadeCupcakesTopper-2.jpg

For cupcakes:

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
½ cup buttermilk or sour cream, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Buttercream:

1 ½ sticks or 12 ounces butter, at room temperature
3 ounces cream cheese (I use the low fat, not no-fat) at room temperature
6 tablespoons pink lemonade concentrate, from frozen concentrate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 cups powdered sugar
milk or half and half, as needed

Instructions

For Cupcakes:

Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin/cupcake tins with paper or foil liners.

Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add butter, buttermilk (or sour cream), eggs, and vanilla; beat at medium speed until smooth and satiny, about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula and mix by hand until smooth and no flour pockets remain.

Divide batter evenly among cups of prepared tin. Bake until cupcake tops are pale gold and toothpick or skewer inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from tin and transfer to wire rack; cool cupcakes to room temperature before frosting.

For buttercream:

Place butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl once or twice.

Reduce the speed to low and add the pink lemonade concentrate, vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat on lowest speed until all of the powdered sugar is incorporated, then increase to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 3-4 more minutes, scraping the bowl as needed. If the icing is too thick add a bit of milk or half and half, if too thin add a bit more powdered sugar (see note below).

Enough icing for 24 cupcakes (or more - see note below)

Notes:

~ It's sometimes difficult to get just the right consistency for piping buttercream. I usually put a little portion into my decorating bag and try it on one cupcake. If you pipe the cupcake and the icing seems to "wilt" or have trouble keeping it's shape, add a bit more powdered sugar. It the icing is difficult to pipe and you have to use force as you pipe, you need to add a bit of milk or half and half. Icing should flow fairly effortlessly from piping bag.

~ This recipe makes a generous portion of icing, enough for a double batch of these cupcakes. I usually do make a double batch because they freeze well and when I need a dessert in a hurry, I can just pull them out and thaw. Even with a double batch, you may have a bit of icing left over. Unused buttercream can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container; let it come to room temperature and then give it a quick whip in the mixer before using.

Yield: 12 cupcakes

Source: http://www.thatskinnychickcanbake.com/2013/04/guest-post-the-cafe-sucre-farine.html

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Raspberry* Lemonade

recipe-image-legacy-id--414467_12.jpg

300g caster sugar
1½ lemons, sliced
1 orange, sliced
3 x 170g/6oz punnets raspberries
ice and fresh mint, to serve (optional)

Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and pour over 350ml cold water. Bring to the boil, stirring often, then leave to cool. Pour through a sieve, pressing down with a spoon to extract all the juices. The syrup can now be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. To serve, pour a little into a glass and top up with sparkling or still water, ice and mint.

*Note: You can use any other kind of berries or fruits you like.

Source: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/11288/pink-lemonade

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Whipped Milk Ice Cream

May+425a23.jpg

1 can ( 13. oz. ) evaporated milk
1 1/4 c powdered sugar

Instructions

Chill the milk in the fridge overnight. It is crucial for the milk to be thoroughly chilled.

Pour into a large mixing bowl.

Whip until fluffy, about 40 seconds.

Add the powdered sugar, slowly pouring into the bowl and whip until combined.

You can add your vanilla extract ( 2 teaspoons will do ) at this point and whip until combined.

Place the bowl in the freezer for an hour.

Pull out from the freezer, whip for 1 minute and back to the freezer.

Repeat about 4 times.

Place in a container with a lid. Store in the freezer.

Enjoy!

You can add berries or fruits to get new variations to the Basic recipe.

Source: http://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/2012/05/25/whipped-milk-ice-cream-no-machine/

And of course, be carefull when eating your ice cream - this is not nice if happens:
th_screamicecreamf.gif

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Easy Lemon Ice Cream

Skinny-Lemon-Ice-Cream-3-words.png

Ingredients

1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
1 container fat-free Cool Whip (8 ounces)
1 large lemon, zested and juiced (or two smaller, mine was a huge Meyer lemon)
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

Instructions

Stir together sweetened condensed milk and cool whip in a large tupperware container. Stir in the zest and juice from 1 lemon (if yours is a small or regular lemon, you may want to use two) and the extract (this is optional, but I wanted an extra punch of lemon flavor).

Stir until mixed and freeze until hardened, at least 6 hours or overnight.

Notes

You can use 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff peaks form, in place of the Cool Whip if you'd rather.

Source: http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/01/easy-lemon-ice-cream-skinny/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Flower fairy cakes

Me wanna more...
babies-smiley.gif

FlowerFairyCakes.jpg

Ingredients:

• 110 g caster sugar
  • 110 g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
  • 2 whole egg, lightly beaten
  • 110 g self-raising white flour
  • 1 tsp (s) vanilla essence, (plus 12 tiny edible fresh flowers)
  • 30 g egg white, (1 egg white)
  • 25 g caster sugar
  • 25 g icing sugar
Method:

Preheat oven to 190 C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.

Combine sugar, spread, eggs, flour, a pinch of salt and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric beaters for 1 minute, or until thick and well combined. Spoon into prepared muffin tray.

Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until risen and firm. Remove cup cakes from tray and transfer to a cake rack to cool completely.

To make crystallized flowers, paint the flower petals with lightly beaten egg white and dip into caster sugar. Leave to dry.

Mix the icing sugar with a little water and food colouring of choice to make a smooth icing. Spread onto cakes. Decorate with flowers, but do not eat them (if they are not edible).

Notes:

These cupcakes can look so different, depending on which food colour you choose to colour your icing. Pastels work really well, however stronger colours like red and green can also look pretty spectacular.
This recipe was written by Weight Watchers as part of Kidspot's Positively Life Changing initiative.

Source: http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recipes/Party-food 11/Flower-fairy-cakes-recipe 2716.htm

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I have seen that many girls (and boys too) love peanut butter. This is specially for them:

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

pb+cookie+sundaes+5+words.png

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Whip heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Mix peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla together with a hand mixer.

Fold together peanut butter mixture with whipped cream. Transfer to a sealable container and freeze until hardened, four hours or overnight.

You can serve ice cream also with cookies and chocolate sauce.

pb+cookie+sundaes+4+words.png

Source: http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2012/07/deep-dish-peanut-butter-cookie-ice/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
(Spicy) Chocolate Ice Cream

coffee+and+ice+cream.jpg

3 oz (chili & lime) dark chocolate bar
7 oz (half a can) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp whipping cream
1 cup whipping cream

Melt the (chili & lime) dark chocolate bar. Allow it to cool slightly. While cooling, use a chilled mixing bowl and whisk attachment, whip the cream until peaks hold. Then, mix the melted chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla together. Add 2 tablespoons of whipping cream to thin the mixture. Gently fold chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Spread into a pan, cover and place in freezer for 8 hours.

chocolate+pieces.jpg

make+ice+cream.jpg

chocolate+curl.jpg

Source: http://www.thegunnysack.com/2012/09/southwest-inspired-homemade-spicy.html

Cariad

I have ice cream making machine.. It is in the cupboard. Of course part of it should be at all times in the freezer.. But I forget and leave it in the cupboard. So for those times I say.."let's make ice cream" then it follows I say.. "Forget it., the bowl is not in freezer but in the cupboard"... :D

I will try your recipes without the need for the machine Sister Herb. :)

Blessings.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I have ice cream making machine.. It is in the cupboard. Of course part of it should be at all times in the freezer.. But I forget and leave it in the cupboard. So for those times I say.."let's make ice cream" then it follows I say.. "Forget it., the bowl is not in freezer but in the cupboard"... :D

I will try your recipes without the need for the machine Sister Herb. :)

Blessings.

I posted here recipes which no need the machine as I think many haven´t it (including me) - or then it is in the cupboard ;)

I wish you yummy moments. :p

Cariad

I always am tempted to buy things for kitchen.. Dishes, pans, tools.. Handy gadgets that really are not very handy at all.. Things to chop and slice.. Then I use my favourite knife for everything.. ;)

Spices.. Always like spices.. And herbs which I grow.. My favourite shop is a book shop.. I have too many cook books.. Then make up my own recipes ;) or try yours sometimes. If not book shop.. The cookshop .. For all things cooking.

Did you get your passion for food from your Mother Sister Herb?

Blessings

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Not from my mom - she makes quite simple foods and doesn´t use herbs (except dill and parsley which are familiar to her) but years ago I studied cooking and when I started to grow own herbs and vegetables I wanted to use them... and studied more.

During my childhood the one who teached me cooking was my grandfather. I think I am carring his passion to food.

Plus he too was interesting about gardening and teached me basics of it when I was a little sister herb.

Here I am...
flowerwater.gif

Cariad

My mam is a great good.. My dada could cook.. But only in emergency situations. :) I sadly never knew my grandpa.. He died when I was too small to remember him.

We grow lots of vegetables.. Now my husband is also vegetarian, we try growing different things but not always have good results. He grows it.. I cook it. :) it's a good team we have. Sometimes he cooks but is messy and uses all the pans when one would do the job. But he has such a look of accomplishment it is too hard to be cross about the pans. :)

Blessings

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Meringues? Are meringues a girl food? Yes of course! Specially with chocolate. They look almost like soap bubbles...

bubbles.gif
...and they are also very girl thing, I suppouse.

Meringue Kisses with Chocolate Ganache

Soft pillowy meringue kisses are not only gorgeous to look at and sumptuous to eat, they are also very easy to make! These are absolutely perfect melt-in-the-mouth little morsels, sandwiched with chocolate ganache. And, if you watch the video carefully, you will also see a neat little way of smuggling in some chocolate chips, win win!
Shall we start with the end product first? This is what these gorgeous kisses look like -

pinkkisss1_blog_image_landscape.jpg

Oooh!
Right, shall we?

Ingredients

• 300 gms caster sugar
  • 6 egg whites (or use equivalent from a carton, not too fussy)
  • 1/4 tsp (pinch) cream of tartar
  • 1tsp good quality vanilla extract
  • 1/4tsp salt (optional)
Method
Meringue kisses

Preheat your oven to 110 C/230 F. This is a very low temperature, so make sure that you have an oven thermometer to ensure that your oven is not overheating.

Whisk egg whites with an electric whisk or in a stand mixer until foamy. Add vanilla. Whisk. Add cream of tartar. Whisk. If adding salt, mix it in too. You will see the consistency start to change as soon as you add cream of tartar. Good. Now add the sugar, a little at a time, until the mixture is stiff and glossy. This whole process takes around 5 to 6 minutes.

Divide the mixture in bowls and add a tiny touch of your choice of food colouring. Choose pastel light colours. In order to get a dark shade, you will need to add rather a lot of colour, which in turn will affect the consistency of your meringue. Err on the side of pastel.

Spoon mixture in a piping bag with a large nozzle of your choice. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. This paper must be parchment - not greaseproof or waxed or any other paper. Stick to parchment paper and your kisses won't stick to the paper. I am nothing if not a purveyor of bad jokes.

Pipe away! Pipe kisses no large than around 2cm in diameter. These need to be even in size so that they bake evenly. Bake in a preheated oven for 2 hours. They should be crisp and dry to the touch. Cool completely before sandwiching together with ganache.
Ganache

Heat 50ml of double cream over very gentle heat. Remove pan from heat, allow cream to cool slightly. Add 50 gms of cooking chocolate chips. Stir and leave for a couple of minutes before stirring in completely until all the chocolate dissolves. If you think it is too liquidy, add more chocolate. If it is too stiff, add a touch more warmed cream. Ganache will reach piping consistency when it cools. If you cannot be bothered making ganache, try sandwiching your meringue kisses with ready made chocolate spread or Nutella. Who am I to tell?

Enjoy!

This is what the kisses looked like, cooling down:

kisseslots_blog_image_landscape.jpg

bluekisses_blog_image_landscape.jpg

And here are some finished kisses - the ones below were coloured using Bitter Lemon and Lime food colouring.

greenkisses_blog_image_landscape.jpg

A little word of warning: Meringue kisses are far too delicate to be made on a humid day. If it is raining bucket loads, you are best off waiting for a non-rainy day to make these.

Source: http://www.faircake.co.uk/blog/20/meringue-kisses-chocolate-ganache

Note: If you dislike using food colorings, they are sweet also without any colors (as white).

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Meringue Rose Petal Parfait

rosepetaletonmess_lg.jpg

2 (pink) roses, perfumed if possible
1 tbsp rosewater
juice of 2 lemons
3 tbsp icing sugar
200 g Carnation Condensed Milk (or condensed milk and 1 tsp clove)
few drops of vanilla extract
300 ml carton whipping cream, lightly whipped
400 g strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters (or other red berries/fruits)
6 small meringues or meringue nests, crushed, but not too small

Pick the rose petals from the stalks. Roughly chop, place in a small bowl with the rosewater, lemon juice and icing sugar, and leave for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Using a hand blender, whizz the mixture to a loose purée, leaving small pieces of rose petal visible.

In a large bowl, fold together the condensed milk, vanilla extract and whipping cream, then gently fold in the strawberries.

Place a layer of crushed meringue in the bottom of a large glass bowl or in six individual glasses. Spoon over a little of the strawberry cream mixture, followed by a little rose petal purée. Repeat the layers, finishing with crushed meringues.

Source: https://www.carnation.co.uk/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?RecipeId=92

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Brownie Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits

Brownie-Peanut-Butter-Mousse-Parfaits-2-title.jpg

Serves: 6 large parfaits or 12 mini parfaits

Ingredients

For the chocolate fudge:

• ¼ cup water
  • 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
  • ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the peanut butter mousse:
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 6 pasteurized eggs
  • 1½ cups confectioners sugar
  • 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
For the whipped cream:
  • 1 cup cream
  • 2 T powdered sugar
  • 2 t vanilla
For assembling the parfaits:
  • About half of a pan of your favorite brownies, cut into chunks (about 2½-3 cups)*
  • Chocolate sprinkles, shaved chocolate, or mini chocolate chips for garnish, if desired
Instructions
For the chocolate fudge:

1. Whisk together the water, cocoa powder, and corn syrup in a small pot.
  2. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
  3. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
  4. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use, cooling at least to room temperature.
For the peanut butter mousse:
  1. In a chilled bowl, using chilled beaters or whisk attachment for your stand mixer, whip the cream to form soft peaks. Reserve in the refrigerator.
  2. With a stand mixer on high speed, beat the eggs and confectioners sugar until pale in color and doubled in volume, about 5 minuter.
  3. Add the peanut butter and whip on high speed for a minute.
  4. Using a large rubber spatula, gently fold in the whipped cream in three or four additions. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the parfaits.
For the whipped cream:
  1. In a chilled bowl, using chilled beaters or whisk attachment for your stand mixer, whip the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to form soft peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the parfaits.
For assembling the parfaits:
  1. If making large parfaits, divide about one-third of the brownies between six parfait glasses. Divide about one-third of the peanut butter mousse between the glasses, and do the same with the fidge and the whipped cream. Repeat layers two more times.
  2. If making small parfaits, you can do one to two layers of each component.
  3. Garnish with chocolate sprinkles, shaved chocolate, or mini chocolate chips, if desired.

Source: http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/06/17/brownie-peanut-butter-mousse-parfaits/