Good or evil?

muslimg

Salam aliakum :)
Good and evil are concepts which people talk and think about the most throughout their lives. Some people endeavor “to be a good person” and “to protect himself and his loved ones from bad people and behavior.” This effort shown to avoid evil is, of course, very important. However, many people who endeavor in this direction may not have actually thought how close evil is to them because people who do not live according to the moral values of the Qur’an determine good and evil in terms of their own beliefs, thoughts, worldview and sociocultural tendencies. On the contrary, the source from which we can truly learn what good and evil is, is the Qur’an and the sunna of the our Prophet (saas). Allah sent the Qur’an to people to reveal right and wrong and to bring them from the darkness to the light. What good and evil is, and the reasons that lead a person to evil are revealed in the Qur’an. In one verse it is revealed:

I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed satan-

"Or do those who perpetrate evil deeds suppose that We will make them like those who have faith and do right actions, so that their lives and deaths will be the same? How bad their judgement is!" (Surat al-Jathiyya, 21)

Good?

The Real Good Revealed in the Qur’an is the Attitudes of Those Who Fear Allah and Abide by His Commands

"... Rather devoutness is possessed by those who have fear of Allah...." (Surat al-Baqara, 189)
A person who fears Allah acts according the good pleasure of Allah and the moral values of the Qur’an in every situation he or she faces, and so does good deeds throughout his or her life. Knowing that every incident occurs by Allah’s leave and command, considering everything in terms of goodness and wisdom, thinking that every deed, hidden or open, will be faced in the Hereafter lead the individual to always think rightly and do good deeds.

Good Deeds Erase Bad Deeds

"…Good actions eradicate bad actions. This is a reminder for people who pay heed." (Surah Hud, 114)
For as long as they are determined about displaying good moral values, Allah will take fear and sorrow out of the lives of His servants, forgive their bad deeds and respond to them with the best of their deeds:

"As for those who have faith and do right actions, We will erase their bad actions from them, and recompense them for the best of what they did." (Surat Al-‘Ankabut, 7)
Those Who Follow Allah’s True Path Will Attain Salvation

People leading a good life, avoiding secret pains depend on their own behavior. Allah showed people the way to be happy and to get rid of troubles; and revealed that this is only possible to follow the true path Allah showed:

"... But when guidance comes to you from Me, all those who follow My guidance will not go astray and will not be miserable." (Surah Ta Ha Suresi, 123)

Evil?

The Source of Evil; The Lower Self and Satan

There are two main sources of evil revealed to people in the Qur’an. One of these is the lower self, which every person has, and which constantly commands a person to do evil. The inner self tries to direct people away from the right path and drag them to disaster, by the suggestions it whispers.

"I do not say my self was free from blame. The self indeed commands to evil acts – except for those my Lord has mercy on..." (Surah Yusuf, 53)
Another being who is assigned to command people to evil and ugly behavior, and who is the supporter of the inner self is “satan.” In the Qur’an it is revealed that satan only calls people to evil as such:

"He only commands you to do evil and indecent acts and to say about Allah what you do not know." (Surat al-Baqara, 169)
Satan Deceives People By Making Good Appear As Evil, and Evil As Good

Satan sets forth a variety of false evidences to convince people that they are on the right path, despite the fact that they are not abiding by the morality of the Qur’an. Those who do not consider these evidences with a religious perspective would be easily convinced and shape their behavior accordingly in terms of these false facts.

"If someone shuts his eyes to the remembrance of the All-Merciful,We assign him a satan who becomes his bosom friend – they debar them from the path,yet they still think they are guided." (Surat az-Zukhruf, 36-37)
The Return of Evil is the Fire

It is revealed in the Qur’an that those who prefer evil will be sent to the Fire, an eternal torture that cannot be compared to any pain in this world, and will stay there eternally as follows:

"No indeed! Those who accumulate bad actions and are surrounded by their mistakes, such people are the Companions of the Fire, remaining in it timelessly, for ever;" (Surat al-Baqara, 81)