Gossip

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Aleekum,

Gheebah(backbiting) or Gossip is haraam and emphatically so, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother?”
[al-Hujuraat 49:12].

And it is proven from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “When I was taken up into heaven, I was taken past some people who had nails of copper with which they were scratching their faces and chests. I said: Who are these, O Jibreel? He said: These are the ones who ate the flesh of the people and impugned their honour.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad and Abu Dawood with a saheeh isnaad. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) defined gheebah as saying about your brother that which he dislikes.

I found this poem on the internet which i found intresting....

Gossip

My name is Gossip.

I have no respect for justice.

I aim without killing.

I break hearts and ruin lives.

I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted, the more I am believed.

My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible.

The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody's friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.

I topple governments and wreck marriages.

I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches, and indigestion.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.

Even my name hisses.

I am called Gossip.

I make headlines and headaches.

Before you repeat a story,

ask yourself:

Is it true? ... Is it harmless? ... Is it necessary?

If it isn't, don't repeat it.

rightpath_357

AW WOW! I love that poem! And the lesson is also amazing! We should all try to remember that gossiping is VERY EASY to get into- but very hard to stop- like drinking, AstagfirAllah
Salam to all my brothers and sisters.:D
JazakAllah Khair 4 posting this wonderful thread sis!!!!:hearts:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Aleekum,

no need to thank me...this topic is really important because we all know that gossip has ruined many lives and i assume that everyone knows about Sitna Aisha Rathi allahu anha, who faced a problem due to gossip...

salam,

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
Indeed backbiting is a BIG sin... But when we do it we dont even realize that the word we're spreading about them will cause em so much pain and misery... May Allah protect us from gossipers and give hadayah to us all....
Jazakalah khair for this great reminder.... =)

rightpath_357

Asalam Aleekum,

no need to thank me...this topic is really important because we all know that gossip has ruined many lives and i assume that everyone knows about Sitna Aisha Rathi allahu anha, who faced a problem due to gossip...

salam,

ummm-sis- lol- actually-i dont know the story of Sitna A.R.:lol:
cud u plz tell us?????
STORY TIME!!!!!!
i call the couch!!!!:lol:
PLZ sis?
just curious:shymuslima1::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hijabi:
:tti_sister:

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Assalam alaikam, thanks for this. I myself am the subject of gossip amongst a few sisters in my community and it's not a very nice feeling. Insha'allah Allah guides these people that gossip. I would very much like to hear the story about sister Aisha too :)

Jazakallah
Allah knows best

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Aleekum,

I hope this helps you understand the story of sitna Aisha rathi allahu anha...

In the year 627, prophet Muhammad(pbuh) took Aisha with him on a military campaign to combat a tribe known as the Beni Mustaliq.On the return to Medina, along a caravan route beside the Red Sea coast, Aisha left the convoy at a resting point to use the bathroom. After relieving herself she noticed her necklace missing, and commenced to look for it. The Prophet’s party prepared to leave, and because of Aisha’s small stature, her absence from her howdah (a light canopied seat on the camel’s back) was not noticed and they departed without her. Upon her return to the now empty campsite she sat to wait for someone to fetch her. Her rescuer came in the form of a young Bedouin, Safwan ibn Muattal, who returned her to Medina.

Aisha’s safe return was marred by the presence of a new wife, Juwayriyah. After Juwayriyah’s hut was constructed, Aisha fell ill with jealousy and fever, and went to the house of her parents to be nursed back to health. After her recuperation, rumors had begun circulating that Safwan was her secret lover and she had betrayed the Prophet. It is argued that these rumors were provoked by Medinan locals who wished to decrease the Prophet’s status, although the true origins are unknown. The accusations of adultery are recounted by Sunni Muslims as the account of the lie, or the hadith al-ifk.The Prophet questioned all of his and Aisha’s companions, and all spoke in favor of the most beloved wife, except for the Prophet’s son in law, Ali. Ali advised Muhammad to divorce her and choose a less controversial wife, advice that Aisha would forever hold against Ali.However, it would not be through any common Muslim in which Muhammad’s question of his wife’s fidelity would be answered. After becoming visibly gripped with the tell-tale signs of receiving a revelation, the Prophet spoke. He said, “Good tidings Aisha. God Most high has exonerated you.”

rightpath_357

Asalam Aleekum,

I hope this helps you understand the story of sitna Aisha rathi allahu anha...

In the year 627, prophet Muhammad(pbuh) took Aisha with him on a military campaign to combat a tribe known as the Beni Mustaliq.On the return to Medina, along a caravan route beside the Red Sea coast, Aisha left the convoy at a resting point to use the bathroom. After relieving herself she noticed her necklace missing, and commenced to look for it. The Prophet’s party prepared to leave, and because of Aisha’s small stature, her absence from her howdah (a light canopied seat on the camel’s back) was not noticed and they departed without her. Upon her return to the now empty campsite she sat to wait for someone to fetch her. Her rescuer came in the form of a young Bedouin, Safwan ibn Muattal, who returned her to Medina.

Aisha’s safe return was marred by the presence of a new wife, Juwayriyah. After Juwayriyah’s hut was constructed, Aisha fell ill with jealousy and fever, and went to the house of her parents to be nursed back to health. After her recuperation, rumors had begun circulating that Safwan was her secret lover and she had betrayed the Prophet. It is argued that these rumors were provoked by Medinan locals who wished to decrease the Prophet’s status, although the true origins are unknown. The accusations of adultery are recounted by Sunni Muslims as the account of the lie, or the hadith al-ifk.The Prophet questioned all of his and Aisha’s companions, and all spoke in favor of the most beloved wife, except for the Prophet’s son in law, Ali. Ali advised Muhammad to divorce her and choose a less controversial wife, advice that Aisha would forever hold against Ali.However, it would not be through any common Muslim in which Muhammad’s question of his wife’s fidelity would be answered. After becoming visibly gripped with the tell-tale signs of receiving a revelation, the Prophet spoke. He said, “Good tidings Aisha. God Most high has exonerated you.”

Wow! That's an amazing story!!!!!!!:hearts::hearts::hearts:
But what did Juwwariya have to do with it?????:confused:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam aleekum,

Jawariya didn't have much to do with it but that was the reason sitna aisha got sick, and she didn't know about the rumors untill she was at her parents house after she recovered...

Salam,

azeabd

AW WOW! I love that poem! And the lesson is also amazing! We should all try to remember that gossiping is VERY EASY to get into- but very hard to stop- like drinking, AstagfirAllah
Salam to all my brothers and sisters.:D
JazakAllah Khair 4 posting this wonderful thread sis!!!!:hearts:

no slang u said "4" its supposed to be "for"