Got Called a Godless Heathen

Shak78

Since I am having a rather crappy week I found this amusing yet sad today. I was in Rite Aid getting some Vicks Vaper Rub for my sinus issue and as I was checking out the cashier said Have a Merry Christmas. I replied Happy Holidays and thought nothing of it. The gentleman behind me apparently got offended and wanted to know why I didn't say Merry Christmas back. I told him I am Muslim and don't celebrate Christmas. He took a step back, looked at me as if I was an alien and told me I was one of those "people who wanted to bring their camel raping religion here." I was stunned to say the least but thankfully the Store Manager had heard what was said and asked the guy to leave and apologized to me. I shook my head, laughed, told him it was not his fault but I did appreciate him asking the guy to leave. I think the poor cashier who was at most 18 was more traumatized then I was.

wantobeMumin

:salam2:

i have mixed feeling about this. i find it funny and offensive at the same time.
u can not fix stupid after all lolz

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
wa alikum salaam,

I just ignore them and smile when someone says "Merry Christmas but that's right they can't see my smile becuz I wear a niqab. I am sure I get called a lot of horrible things...most times I just smile.

Shak78

i have mixed feeling about this. i find it funny and offensive at the same time.
u can not fix stupid after all lolz

That is how I felt, amused yet offended yet saddened all at the same time. Gotta love small town America.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
I found that story funny, and it gives me hope that nowadays Muslims are respected for who we are in (most of) America

wa alikum salaam,

I just ignore them and smile when someone says "Merry Christmas but that's right they can't see my smile becuz I wear a niqab. I am sure I get called a lot of horrible things...most times I just smile.
Mashallah, I admire women who wear niqabs so much. May Allah reward you generously for all that you sacrifice for him in this world.