Great Hadith!!!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Some people will come on the Day of Judgement and their Imaan will be outstanding, it's light will shine from their chests and from their right hands.
So it will be said to them, 'Glad tidings for you today, Assalamu 'alaikum and Goodness for you, Enterinto it (Jannah) forever!'

So the Angels and the Prophets will be jealous of the Love of Allah for them."
So the Sahabah asked, "Who are they, Ya Rasoolullah?"

He (sallahu 'alayhi wasalam) replied,"They are not from us and they are not from you. You are my companions but they are my beloved. They will come after you and will find the Book (the Qur'an) made redundant by the people, and a Sunnah which has been killed by them. So they will grab hold of the Book and the Sunnah and revive them.

So they read them and teach them (the Qur'an and the Sunnah) to the people and they will experience in that path a punishment more severe and more ugly than what you (O Sahabah) have experienced. Indeed the Imaan of one of them is equivalent to the Imaan of forty of you. The Shaheed of one of them is equivalent to forty of your Shuhadaa'. Because you found a helper towards the truth (the Prophet) and they will find no helper towards the truth. So they will be surrounded by tyrant rulers in every place, and they will be in the surroundings of Baitul-Maqdis (Al-Quds, Masjid al-Aqsa). The Nussrah (Help and Victory) of Allah will come to them, and
they will have the honour of it on their hands."

Then he (sallahu 'alayhi wasalam) said, "O Allah, give them the Nussrah and make them my closefriends in Jannah."

- Reported by Ahmad

Source: Musnad al-Imaam Ahmad, chain no. 77, Hadeeth no. 17561.Imam Ahmad (Rahimahullah) accepted it and Ibn Hajr al-Haymthami (rh.a.) said that it was Hassan.

All of the people in the chain are clasified as Thiqah (trustworthy) by most of the 'Ulamaa ul-Hadeeth. Imaam Ahmed ibn Hanbal (rh.a.) accepted it. Ibn Hajr al-Haymthami (rh.a.) said that it was Hassan, and there are indications in the reality that appear to confirm what has been predicted in it (which can be looked at for informative ahaadeeth) and they add a general strength to it.

Steve940

:salam2:

Tabarakallah I don't think I've heard this hadeeth before and subhanallah how great it is like you mentioned

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

abu turaab

:salam2: ALLAH-hu-akbar!!...well what i personly understood is that there emaan will be more than those sahaba who embraced islam in its glorified period...which started after the conquest of Makkah!...obviously they can't be more in emaan and in status than the personalities like Abu'bakr,Umar,Uthman,Ali,Abu'ubaidah,Saad,Zubair.Abd-A'rehman and many others of likewise(Radhi Allah'hu anhum Ajmaen).
Also as it's mentiond that they'll be (dwelling) in the surroundings (vicinity) of Al-Quds...and after all the termolis and hardships that they suffer in the path!!...eventualy the help of ALLAH will reach them and they become the victorious!!...now it's there to identify that...have they come and passed before or will they be those that will come in future and atlast will recieve the Nusrrah of Mehde(may Allah's mercy be on him)and the army of the most pious people of that time when they conquor Al-Quds???...i believe in the second!!!...