Gunman captured after Missouri shooting spree

Abu Talib

Feeling low
(Reuters) - An armed man who forced the lockdown of a college campus was captured by police near Rolla, Missouri, on Thursday following a chase that began at an army base and involved gunfire but no injuries, authorities said.

Police said the man, identified as Cody Willcoxson, was denied entry to Fort Leonard Wood at about 8:30 a.m. local time but drove through the gates anyway. This set off a chase that took the suspect about 50 miles across the state before he was caught.

During flight, police said he shot at pursuing officers while driving on Interstate 44, then fired his gun again at police after being forced off the highway by spike strips near Rolla, about 100 miles southwest of St. Louis. Rolla police said the gun may have been an AK-47 assault rifle.

Once off the highway police said the suspect continued to fire at officers, then stopped his car near McNutt Hall at Missouri University of Science and Technology, a school of 7,000 students that emphasizes engineering, science, computing and technology.

Students were warned to stay away from the campus and McNutt Hall was locked down and searched.

The suspect fled on foot from the campus and stole a car in a residential neighborhood, police said. He was caught by police 16 miles from the campus and taken into custody. Charges were pending.

It was not immediately clear why he tried to enter the military base or shot at police.

Pretty interesting to see that this guy was not a Muslim so not every one knows this around the world. Fort hood shooting was all over the world because the suspect name was Nidal Hasan. The title also states a Gunman well you could give that much respect to a Muslim also who carries a gun why call them terrorist.

JenGiove

:salam2: What I find interesting is that while something like this normal American crime gets attention here on TTI, the news of the mountains of sexually explicate materials SUPPOSEDLY "found" in the Osama compound didn't even get a whisper here.

It seems like the sins of others <the west> are searched for while the sins of members of the Ummah are ignored even though they have a greater impact than their own lives.

I don't mean to be argumentative and nit-picky but my bad day started at 8:30am and this dichotomy of examination just irritates me.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:wasalam:

If that's a normal crime then it should be treated same way for Muslims also but I guess if a Muslim does its a different case and has to be always highlighted to prove they are terrorist let alone be abnormal.Well believe me Muslims aren't surprised by finding that stuff since everyday a new story comes out recently even they found blue pills no wonder tomorrow they will find hash, coke, hookah how about Xbox and PS2.

A Muslim carries a gun the title starts with Islamic Militant, Muslim Gunmen, terrorist, radical islamist, extremist...

A American guy carries a gun the title starts with Gunmen why not Christian Gunmen?? or all those terms used to describe Muslims.

Editorial bias aint it ??

JenGiove

lol can i have the source of this.

:salam2:

Which one would you like?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/13/osama-bin-laden-*!*!*!*!_n_861664.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...ladens-*!*!*!*!-and-muslim-hypocrisy-on-sex/#

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/13/osama_bin_laden_*!*!*!*!/

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/05/osama-bin-ladens-*!*!*!*!-stash/238877/

This last link I'm posting because of the statistics but the overall tone of the article I'm not quite sure how to handle. I've not been able to read it slowly, thanks to my 3 yr old, so please remember that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43065572/ns/slatecom/

justoneofmillion

:salam2:This is the news and current affairs section,it has always been.Muslims are part of the world they live in and are interested in various news like everybody else,it is racist to think otherwise.There is no such thing as Islamic news sigh.News is news.A lot of us have families and children in various parts of the worlds by the millions,we are growing day by day,we have to know what we are surrounded by. Nobody should dare telling us what to think, what to do,what to talk about or not. And 911 was an inside Job perpetuated by the hands of the American military industrial complex and the Mossad get over it people.The sex video Bin laden thing is just another irrelevant joke, it is a hilarious claim,people where joking about it even on French Radio saying how ridiculous it was to claim such a thing.Folks all around the globe are astonished at some American's credulity,it is really embarrassing, to act like a non stop repetitive programmed software to push government propaganda.No picture,no body,no evidence just words,words and words since the whole thing started.Politicians caught lying on tape and still some believe them with eyes wide open and devoted servitude.On the other hand they want us to believe things we do not see go figure!.Add to that some doctored images being presented to the world as evidence, proven and admitted to be fakes.How on earth can people become so brainwashed?.We refuse to get affected by mass media intoxication,keep it for yourselves.

“The Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv on Wednesday reported that Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu told an audience at Bar Ilan university that the September 11, 2001 terror attacks had been beneficial for Israel.
"We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq," Ma'ariv quoted the former prime minister as saying. He reportedly added that these events "swung American public opinion in our favor."”

“Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”

Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon to Shimon Peres, October 3, 2001, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio

In your faces! and some Americans still refuse to see.Thank god there are educated and informed Americans aswell.Anyways, we welcome the opportunity you have given, for us to be able to inform once again,but the babysitting is getting annoying in the long run,it is time to move on.

Ps.Thanks for the article.keep posting

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
the news of the mountains of sexually explicate materials SUPPOSEDLY "found" in the Osama compound didn't even get a whisper here.

US was "supposedly" winning Vietnam war, until Daniel Ellsberg leaked the papers.
Iraq "supposedly" had WMD's, until millions of innocents were killed, Saddam was hanged and he never used WMD's.

Before Usamah, Fidel Castro, Kim Jong Ill, Saddam Husain were also "supposedly" perverts.

US Govt has been so infamous for it Lies that now People don't believe even when they are "supposedly?" saying the truth.

More so when they are sitting on mountain of Wikileaks papers...

:wasalam:

Ibn Uthaymin

Bill Clinton,Schwarzenegger,John F. Kennedy are some chaste men..

Looool....exactly. Its pure character assassination. This is what they did with Anwar Awlaki too.

propaganda...Jen as Muslims we are supposed to hide the mistakes of fellow Muslims not amplify it!

justoneofmillion

Bill Clinton,Schwarzenegger,John F. Kennedy are some chaste men..
:salam2:Berlusconi toped them all and hasn't changed for the better still .. it is irrelevant ,it is their problem akhi al Kareem.

I Know what you mean. What is important though, is when the decisions they make in the exercise of their functions, affect the livelihoods of other folks,and this is where these guys(Politicians) have messed up big time lately.

The vulgarization of politics is a way to create diversion as to what is really happening behind the scenes.

Ossama from what I heard had many wives, he needs no Monica Lewinsky type scandal.What we wanna know,is about the Nanothermite findings in the world trade towers , who was behind the controlled demolition and why Mossad agents where caught by the police cheering with lighters up during the event... those would be great details to share with the world.

Even if it was true for the sake of argument,it would still be completely irrelevant as to what he was suspected to have committed.It is like movie making ,they create a scene and decorate it with random details to achieve a genuine atmosphere and give credibility and depth to the whole scenario.I don't think they are stupid,they wanna appear like they are .

So far we have not seen a single evidence of his guilt or killing.The fake photos prove they are lying again somewhere. A lot of reports suggest that Ossama has died a long time ago.

9/11 Commission’s total budget was $15 million.The amount of money used for Clinton Lewinski investigation around $40 million even more maybe.Some still believe these people are not making fun of em.

Anyways,back to topic sorry for digressing.

Wallahu Allam Wa Allaa Wa Ahkam

JenGiove

I wanted to clarify. I wrote "supposedly" in big letters because the second I heard that Osama's compound was found to contain those materials, I had my doubts. I'm not THAT stupid....OR BLIND!

As for hiding the sins of others, if the person exposes their sin or it is exposed by others, shouldn't those sins be recognized and discussed?

JenGiove

Regarding Fort Hood shootings

Since the Fort Hood shooting was brought up and it was said that America is the one who placed the label of "Islamic Terrorist", read the following article and answer me this one question, who was it that FIRST used the word "Muslim" in relation to the shooter? It wasn't the American government. Take the time to notice how the shooter was labeled.

"The gunman, identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was wounded at the scene but was captured alive and was in stable condition, Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone, commanding general of the Army’s III Corps, said at a press conference late Thursday. "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/gunman-kills-wounds-fort-hood/

JenGiove

Do a little more search you'll find all that.

:salam2: You wanna know what I think is the reason why this story's coverage differed so much to the fort Hood story.....

Cause no one died here. To the american public, its just another case of bad guy verses good guys. With the Fort Hood shootings, alot of people died.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
maybe it's just merica,which invented the word_islamic terrorist_,to "switch on the engine"against all muslims.don't forget that the most part of America is against Islam.there is a cospiracy behind all this

Ibn Uthaymin

As for hiding the sins of others, if the person exposes their sin or it is exposed by others, shouldn't those sins be recognized and discussed?

No their sins are between them and Allah. If we talk about Ideologies, beliefs then i have no problem based on knowledge not personal life. Its a bit like Anjem Choudhary, I dont agree with him, but if anyone tries to bring up his past as an argument to refute ("expose") him...then I`ll get angry.

I would recommend you watch the documentary on Aljazeera: I knew Osama Bin Laden from the people who knew and met him. It would broaden your perspective. There`s billions of people in this world and not everyone shares the views you hold. Im not being mean I promise.

JenGiove

don't forget that the most part of America is against Islam.

:salam2: sister,

You might want to look at this pdf. According to CAIR, as of 2006:

• Approximately one-in-four American's believe that Islam is a religion of hatred and violence

The rest I'll leave for you to read...it give demographics and other numbers.

Attachments

• american_public_opinion_on_muslims_islam_2006.pdf
    82.8 KB · Views: 14

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
and moreover,who can demonstrate us that Osama really had those haram videos on his computer???they only wanted to increase the scandal.I may believe that he killed many innocents(and he'll pay for his deeds),but I prefere not to believe that he watched those bad things,because he always declared his engagement for Jihad,and by myself a mujahid doesn't waste his time on watching haram things!:salah:

JenGiove

and moreover,who can demonstrate us that Osama really had those haram videos on his computer???they only wanted to increase the scandal.I may believe that he killed many innocents(and he'll pay for his deeds),but I prefere not to believe that he watched those bad things,because he always declared his engagement for Jihad,and by myself a mujahid doesn't waste his time on watching haram things!:salah:

And I agree with you....but it seems that I since I didn't come right out and say the words "it was a set-up and all fake" that my words of SUPPOSEDLY "found" isn't being seen correctly.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
from the results of the poll,I could understand that only the 6%of people have a good thought about Islam,while remaining part is indifferent or has bad toughts about it:wasalam: