Hadith Love the Poor

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]I would like to share a beautiful hadith i read today:[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Love the Poor[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "O God, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man and resurrect me in the company of the poor.." His wife asked him why he said that, and he replied: "Because (the poor) will enter Paradise (before) the rich. Do not turn away a poor man...even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you..God will bring you near Him on the Day of Ressurrection."
--------- Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376.
[/FONT]

henna

salams,
i've read that one before and mashahallah i think its a really meaningful one and we as muslims should actually follow it cuz ive seen how they treat the poor and its not very nice.
wasalam.

:salam2:
Thank you brother for sharing this hadith.
As i know, i think if poor and rich will have the same deeds and Iman i.e. equal; in this case the poor enter to Jannah before the rich.
Because there are an other Hadith which talk about poors people who came to ask the prophet :saw: how they could get more degree in the hereafter than richs people so everything the prophet :saw: told them to do (praying, do good deeds etc.), the richs did like them.
After that they told to the prophet :saw: that they want something else so as to tell the difference with the richs. But the prophet :saw: told them that he had no solution for them because those richs people were loving Allah as the poors:)
Wa Allaho A'lam

Beko29

Im LoViNg It.. ISLAM
:jazaak: Brother for this Hadith.

we should thank ALLAH (swt) for all the things we have, and always remember the Poor and needed people. not only in the month of Ramadan or when we paid Zakat. it take so littel time or money to make a Poor man happy....

:wasalam:

Hasib

:salam2:

That is right but in many places some of the rich muslims dont even pay Zakat.
It is very sad but true and they bring excuses like that of debt they have(morgage, loans, etc..).

I hope rich people would be more determined about Zakat and also in providing extra help to the poor.

:wasalam:
:jazaak: