hair gel

assalamualaikum is it alrite to use hair gel n stuff like wax n cement and can i pray with that without washing my hair??

A

Aloosh12

your not going to do comb your hair spiky and pray lol...?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The best stuff ( so techinical ) to use is olive oil. There is an Indian oil: Neem. That is wonder stuff for the scalp nasty smell but works like magic.
Heat the olive oil.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

You need to ask yourself, if that gel is a medicine that is keeping your hair healthy and strong or just ordinary chemical that does no benefit? Are you gelling your hair for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala or for the sake of people?

Brother SHAHEED, where are you? We need your advise out here. :p

wa/salam

Steve940

:salam2:

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 33 :: Hadith 262
Narrated 'Urwa:

Aisha during her menses used to comb and oil the hair of the Prophet while he used to be in Itikaf in the mosque. He would stretch out his head towards her while she was in her chamber.

i still dont got a concrete answer if its haraam or not....immitating the kuffar??....well sleeping on the bed is immitating the kuffar n sitting on chairs...and using ipod...

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam alaikum.

Carrying on from my last post in another thread.

Stop imitating kuffar. :p

Salam

Why would it be imitating the kuffar. Hair gels and wax is part of our generation. Islam tells us to look good and have a good appearance in front of others.

If the prophet were here today perhaps he to would be using some of the products we use today for as long as it isn't haram.

When it comes to making wudu you will obviously need to esnure you wet your head with water passing through the scalp and making sure you wet your hair in the process.

Peace2u

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salam

Why would it be imitating the kuffar. Hair gels and wax is part of our generation. Islam tells us to look good and have a good appearance in front of others.

If the prophet were here today perhaps he to would be using some of the products we use today for as long as it isn't haram.

When it comes to making wudu you will obviously need to esnure you wet your head with water passing through the scalp and making sure you wet your hair in the process.

Peace2u

Do you have to look good by using wax and hair gel....
just cut your hair short......then you dont have to waste time :muslim_child:

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
salam ,sister
well, sister it isnt my fatwah.anything that prevents water to go through while doing wudu is prohibited.nail polish is not allowed because water cant go through it,isnt it so , sister?

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Do you have to look good by using wax and hair gel....
just cut your hair short......then you dont have to waste time :muslim_child:

I guess it is a matter of preference, some people might not like keeping short hair as they may want to do like the Prophets did and have long to medium length hair.

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
Gel is perfectly fine. Water goes through just fine. just don't use a whole bottle at once LOL. anywayz
1400 years ago they didnt had gel so i guess its okay cuz it just makes u look good.
just my 2 cents!

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

It seems – and Allaah knows best –that what is put on the hair or used to make the hair stick together, such as henna and the like, does not affect wudoo’, rather it is sufficient to wipe over it.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

If a woman plasters her hair with henna or something similar, she may wipe over it, there is no need remove the substance in question, because it was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to apply something to make his hair stick together when in ihraam.

See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/196

What is put on the head and makes the hair stick together becomes part of it, which indicates that there is some lenience with regard to purification of the head.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

It seems – and Allaah knows best –that what is put on the hair or used to make the hair stick together, such as henna and the like, does not affect wudoo’, rather it is sufficient to wipe over it.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

If a woman plasters her hair with henna or something similar, she may wipe over it, there is no need remove the substance in question, because it was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to apply something to make his hair stick together when in ihraam.

See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/196

What is put on the head and makes the hair stick together becomes part of it, which indicates that there is some lenience with regard to purification of the head.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Alhamdulilah the big bro has step in :muslim_child: