HAJ mentioned in Bible....

tariq353

:salam2:

Most of the muslims and christians did not know that Pilgrimage of Hajj is even mentioned in Bible...

First of all we know that one of the name of "Makkah" was "Bakkah" as mentioned in Quran(3:96)Saheeh international's translation

Indeed, the first House [of worship] established for mankind was that at Bakkah [i.e., Makkah] – blessed and a guidance for the worlds.

Bible (Psalms, KJV)

{84:3} Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for
herself, where she may lay her young, [even] thine altars, O LORD
of hosts, my King, and my God.
{84:4} Blessed [are] they that dwell in thy house: they will be still
praising thee(1)
. Selah.
{84:5} Blessed [is] the man whose strength [is] in thee; in whose heart
[are] the ways [of them.]
{84:6} [Who] passing through the valley of Baca(2) make it a well; the
rain also filleth the pools.
{84:7} They go from strength to strength, [every one of them] in Zion
appeareth before God.

(1)-when muslims go for hajj they chant(praise God) "Lab-baik...allahuma lab-baik" (here we are o my lord, here we are, at your service).
(2)-Another name of Makkah.

(Source: one of Dr Zakir Naik's lecture in Australia)

ShyHijabi

The hebrew letters for Baca are translated as "valley of tears." I am not sure if we can take this to mean Mecca since it's was allegorical to going through a hardship and then coming out the better.

tariq353

:wasalam:

No one has the right to translate name, Mr Black remains Mr Black even if he is white. Unfortunately translators play game while translating ........by translating even name.

Best example is Song of Soloman 5:16, where they have translated even name of our beloved Prophet (saw) mentioned as "Mohammadim" into "All together lovely".

My name is "Tariq" if any translator while translating translates it into "Morning star Venus" HE IS DOING MISCHEIF!!!

Searching_soul

Look at the No: of translations for just one verse of Song of Solomon 5:16

New International Version (©1984)
His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my lover, this my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

New Living Translation (©2007)
His mouth is sweetness itself; he is desirable in every way. Such, O women of Jerusalem, is my lover, my friend.

English Standard Version (©2001)
His mouth is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"His mouth is full of sweetness. And he is wholly desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
His mouth is sweet in every way. Everything about him is desirable! This is my beloved, and this is my friend, young women of Jerusalem.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

American King James Version
His mouth is most sweet: yes, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

American Standard Version
His mouth is most sweet; Yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

Bible in Basic English
His mouth is most sweet; yes, he is all beautiful. This is my loved one, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

Douay-Rheims Bible
His throat most sweet, and he is all lovely: such is my beloved, and he is my friend, O ye daughters of Jerusalem.

Darby Bible Translation
His mouth is most sweet: Yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, yea, this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
His mouth is most sweet: yes, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

World English Bible
His mouth is sweetness; yes, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, daughters of Jerusalem. Friends

Young's Literal Translation
His mouth is sweetness -- and all of him desirable, This is my beloved, and this my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem!

Now Sister ShyHijabi, If you know hebrew, Pls read the original text :

חִכֹּו֙ מַֽמְתַקִּ֔ים וְכֻלֹּ֖ו מַחֲמַדִּ֑ים זֶ֤ה דֹודִי֙ וְזֶ֣ה רֵעִ֔י בְּנֹ֖ות יְרוּשָׁלִָֽם׃

*A name of a place or a person is not supposed to be translated *

ShyHijabi

:wasalam:

No one has the right to translate name, Mr Black remains Mr Black even if he is white. Unfortunately translators play game while translating ........by translating even name.

Best example is Song of Soloman 5:16, where they have translated even name of our beloved Prophet (saw) mentioned as "Mohammadim" into "All together lovely".

My name is "Tariq" if any translator while translating translates it into "Morning star Venus" HE IS DOING MISCHEIF!!!

My point is that it is not a proper noun when written in the original language, Hebrew. So there would be no Baca, it would be baca. It's not Mecca brother, pure and simple. The words sound similar but they are not addressing Mecca in this verse, trust me as I can read the original text and not simply a translation into English.