Hajib- Need Advice.

AishaR

:salam2:

:

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful." (Surah Nur Ayah 31)

This is the ayah bro

:wasalam:

haleema 2

muslimah 2
:tti_sister: salam brother i think you should not be too hard on her but you should talk to her straight and tell her what you know about islam and that you would like to practice it together end help each other to stay on the right path and explain how you would love her to cover infront of non mahram men as this is how a muslim woman should be and you say she is praying 5 times :ma: so i think she will understand but if she doesnt :girl3: then maybe you should give it time as you dont want to upset her just carry on praying for her and loving her she shall hopefully change in her own time thats my advice:hijabi:

AishaR

Bro, I am learning Urdu at the moment so I cant do that for you, inshallah in a few months maybe, lol

I am sure you can get an online translation.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Could you write in urdu? she cant read in english

IS THIS THE NUMBER 31???!!!! I DON'T KNOW URDU BUT I THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE..................................................

I'm sorry. I don't know Urdu, but judging from my counting abilities, I assume this to be the right Ayah. I am afraid i cannot do better then that. If it is the wrong Ayah, please tell me so, and i will look for the correct one Inshallah.

urdu.jpg

grrrrr......... :angryblue:

haleema 2

muslimah 2

IS THIS THE NUMBER 31???!!!! I DON'T KNOW URDU BUT I THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE..................................................

I'm sorry. I don't know Urdu, but judging from my counting abilities, I assume this to be the right Ayah. I am afraid i cannot do better then that. If it is the wrong Ayah, please tell me so, and i will look for the correct one Inshallah.

urdu.jpg

grrrrr......... :angryblue:

sis i think thets the number 32

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Dear sis samiha,

You posted ayah 32 (ps: urdu numbers and arabic numbers are written the same way *:p)

اور مومن عورتوں سے بھی کہہ دو کہ وہ بھی اپنی نگاہیں نیچی رکھا کریں اور اپنی شرم گاہوں کی حفاظت کیا کریں اور اپنی آرائش (یعنی زیور کے مقامات) کو ظاہر نہ ہونے دیا کریں مگر جو ان میں سے کھلا رہتا ہو۔ اور اپنے سینوں پر اوڑھنیاں اوڑھے رہا کریں اور اپنے خاوند اور باپ اور خسر اور بیٹیوں اور خاوند کے بیٹوں اور بھائیوں اور بھتیجیوں اور بھانجوں اور اپنی (ہی قسم کی) عورتوں اور لونڈی غلاموں کے سوا نیز ان خدام کے جو عورتوں کی خواہش نہ رکھیں یا ایسے لڑکوں کے جو عورتوں کے پردے کی چیزوں سے واقف نہ ہوں (غرض ان لوگوں کے سوا) کسی پر اپنی زینت (اور سنگار کے مقامات) کو ظاہر نہ ہونے دیں۔ اور اپنے پاؤں (ایسے طور سے زمین پر) نہ ماریں (کہ جھنکار کانوں میں پہنچے اور) ان کا پوشیدہ زیور معلوم ہوجائے۔ اور مومنو! سب خدا کے آگے توبہ کرو تاکہ فلاح پاؤ - Surah 24: Verse 31

This is the ayah you posted :) The Urdu translation is from quranexplorer.com/quran - I'm not advertising 'quranexplorer.com/quran' or anything, just felt like saying that it is the a really good site.

**quranexplorer
quranexplorer quranexplorer quranexplorer quranexplorer**
<- Don't click here; ignore, ahem.

Salam alaikum.

samiha

---------
Staff member
sis i think thets the number 32

:jazaak: ok... no probs... you can have the whole passage thing. :lol:

********on third hand. just look on up to that above thread and leave my confused :confused: mind outta this!!

now which one could it be?

I blame everyone for this confusing language. haha... on second hand... if you want, i can probably just give the link to Urdu Translations and you can get it yourself!!

Now why didn't I think of that before??

Here ya go: Quran Translation in Urdu

(since i can't read it, obviously i cannot judge clarity or authenticity of translation, but it might help :p )

best of luck.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Dear sis samiha,

You posted ayah 32 (ps: urdu numbers and arabic numbers are written the same way *:p)

loooooool.. i figured that out!! but then i was lookin at the sizes of the Ayah and I'm like --- that can't be it, it's too short!!

and so then i thought - hey the next one is bigger, maybe it's really THAT one, and I'M messed up ya know?? so i put that one instead..

:lol: no laughing ... except for me... :p

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Maybe Brother....

As salamnu Alaykum
Maybe you can buy her a beautiful new hijab from England, one that slips on in a moment, and just let her know that it is important, that she wear it when anyone comes into the home? You said she bought you a gold ring? How did you handle that? I understand that men only wear silver, is this a Pakistani Islam way? With love and understanding, you can read and learn together, and maybe she won't argue with you. But in the same token, if the Sunnah says to wear a cap, why don't you? I know I am still learning, only having confirmed Shahada last November, I am still a independent woman, but hijab is very important, as is all Islamic ways. I am praying your wife will not argue but will understand. Coming to a new country can be a good thing. In sha allah, it will all be ok.

Muslimpoet

Advice and du'aa for Hajib

As Salaamu Aliakum, May Allah make your deen easy for you and all who seek His guidance. I can't make out what your trying to say, but the best of example is Rasullah S.W.A. and your good heart and ambition to follow his instructions will lead you to the right course, so hears my advice take a full guhsul and perfect wudu, make two rakahs, read surah Mutahama=The women to be examined and then thikr and then allow the test of you faith to wait on Allah answer to come to you. Remember Hikmah in the lanuage the people are use to and the best way to teach. Since you are already in their confidence remember your friendship as two human being seek to please Allah. And then go out to dinner or a movie and leave it hands of Allah subphanaWa Ta Ala. Pray, O' Allah make this task easy for these two believers and bring their hearts close in love for your sake as you remove their difficulties. Get back to me and let me know how your are.
Insha Allah

theonlystar

As salamnu Alaykum
Maybe you can buy her a beautiful new hijab from England, one that slips on in a moment, and just let her know that it is important, that she wear it when anyone comes into the home? You said she bought you a gold ring? How did you handle that? I understand that men only wear silver, is this a Pakistani Islam way? With love and understanding, you can read and learn together, and maybe she won't argue with you. But in the same token, if the Sunnah says to wear a cap, why don't you? I know I am still learning, only having confirmed Shahada last November, I am still a independent woman, but hijab is very important, as is all Islamic ways. I am praying your wife will not argue but will understand. Coming to a new country can be a good thing. In sha allah, it will all be ok.

:salam2: , Thanks for your advice, i am very pleased that you are new muslim.
if i dont wear gold ring on in Pakistani, it will be big prob....everyone thinks i'm against her but in england all pakistani married man does not wear it. well, i dont wear sunnah cap, i am keeping my beard which is wajib so she have to wear hajib too.

theonlystar

As Salaamu Aliakum, May Allah make your deen easy for you and all who seek His guidance. I can't make out what your trying to say, but the best of example is Rasullah S.W.A. and your good heart and ambition to follow his instructions will lead you to the right course, so hears my advice take a full guhsul and perfect wudu, make two rakahs, read surah Mutahama=The women to be examined and then thikr and then allow the test of you faith to wait on Allah answer to come to you. Remember Hikmah in the lanuage the people are use to and the best way to teach. Since you are already in their confidence remember your friendship as two human being seek to please Allah. And then go out to dinner or a movie and leave it hands of Allah subphanaWa Ta Ala. Pray, O' Allah make this task easy for these two believers and bring their hearts close in love for your sake as you remove their difficulties. Get back to me and let me know how your are.
Insha Allah

thanks but u have to wait cos she might come to england for 3- 6 months.

haleema 2

muslimah 2
BROTHER YOU SAY SHE WILL COME TO ENGLAND IN 3 TO 6 MONTHS SO WHY CANT YOU TAKE THAT TIME TO TALK TO EACH OTHER OVER THE PHONE OR WRITE TO EACH OTHER SO YOU CAN GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER AND YOU CAN LET HER GENTLY KNOW THAT HOW YOU WOULD LIKE HER TO DRESS THAT WAY SHE WILL HAVE MORE TIME TO GET USED TO IT

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

What I meant, was, that she is wearing hijab now, right?

So why do you think she will change, and not cover among your family? Only because other women do so? Maybe she will tell them to cover, and not they will tell her to take off hijab... Dont think she is weak, let her show it first. Trust her, and show her your love.

And, also, maybe not invite men over so much. My husband never invite brothers over here when I am home, only when I am out, more or less. Just like I dont invite women here, if he is home.

guidemetojannah

:salam2: Brother
Being a sister and being pakistani i can understand what your saying. there everyone thinks its okay to not cover infront of your male relatives and believe me it doesn't get easier being in the uk. you have to understand that its not her fault but the society and culture that she has grown up in. dont expect her to change over night and dont expect her to adhere straightaway.for her it will be as if u are mocking her beliefs.......but give dawah to her the way or beloved prophet SAW did in a loving and caring manner, dont be harsh and say that it is haraam. if possible take her initially to places where there are sisters that are covering and allow her to mix in these circles. following this relate to her your wish and what would please you and allah swt in accordance to the wearing of hijab.........remember hijab isn't just abt ur external appearence but what is also in your heart. make the wearing of hijab something that is both for you and her and always tell her how the hijab adds to the beauty allah SWT has given her..........initially wearing the hijab can be very testing especially when every other female around you doesn't but after awhile it becomes second nature and without you no longer feel you. may allah swt make this easy for you and your wife, inshallah.:tti_sister:

uk_brother786

:tti_sister:
:salam2: Brother
Being a sister and being pakistani i can understand what your saying. there everyone thinks its okay to not cover infront of your male relatives and believe me it doesn't get easier being in the uk. you have to understand that its not her fault but the society and culture that she has grown up in. dont expect her to change over night and dont expect her to adhere straightaway.for her it will be as if u are mocking her beliefs.......but give dawah to her the way or beloved prophet SAW did in a loving and caring manner, dont be harsh and say that it is haraam. if possible take her initially to places where there are sisters that are covering and allow her to mix in these circles. following this relate to her your wish and what would please you and allah swt in accordance to the wearing of hijab.........remember hijab isn't just abt ur external appearence but what is also in your heart. make the wearing of hijab something that is both for you and her and always tell her how the hijab adds to the beauty allah SWT has given her..........initially wearing the hijab can be very testing especially when every other female around you doesn't but after awhile it becomes second nature and without you no longer feel you. may allah swt make this easy for you and your wife, inshallah.:tti_sister:

How did Muhammad (SAW) explains to his wives to cover their head when men came to his house?

guidemetojannah

:salam2: brother 786

In response to ur question abt our Prophet SAW, I don't know of any specific ayah or hadith where Prophet Muhammad SAW refers to head covering in regards to what u have asked, i apologise if i made it seem as if this was taken from evidence directly from the sunnah or quran. Whenever Prophet SAW gave nasiha (advice) he did so in a calm and caring manner, many examples of this can be drawn from his beautiful life. When Jabrail (AS) came to him with the revelation and the quran, SAW knew that this was the true religion but he didn't go out to the streets of makkah shouting out to the disbelivers that Islam is the true path and that only allah SWT has the right to be worshipped and calling them kuffars. he was never even for 1 second aggresive or verbally abusive to the disbelivers, but when they threw stones at him as he walked thru the streets and caused his white beard to turn red with his blood he prayed to allah SWT to guide them and have mercy on them.
from what i understand and i pray to allah SWT to forgive me for any shortcomings in this reply whenever giving advise to anyone be it to ur mum, ur non muslim neighbour or ur wife/husband be just with them and give them their rights, the rights that allah SWT has given them and never think that u r better than anyone else, only allah SWT has the right to elevate who he wishes and he knows what is good for us, Alhumdolillah.:bismillah: