Allahu Akbar! Hajj News 1441Hijrah/2020

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
upload_2016-8-20_23-53-21-png.11916

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
  • Saudi Arabia calls on people to sight Dhu Al-Hijjah crescent on Monday
Saudi Arabia calls on people to sight Dhu Al-Hijjah crescent on Monday.
2193226-122805530.jpg

Saudi Arabia’s Supreme Court has called on people to sight the crescent of Dhu Al-Hijjah on Monday evening. (File/AFP)

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Supreme Court has called on people to sight the crescent of Dhu Al-Hijjah on Monday evening.
Dhu Al-Hijjah is the month during which the Hajj pilgrimage takes place and is the last month of the Islamic calendar.
Anyone who sees the crescent on Monday after sunset should inform the nearest court.
This year, the first of Dhu Al-Hijjah will fall on either July 21 or July 22 depending on the sighting of the crescent. Hajj will start on Dhu Al-Hijjah 8 and end on Dhu Al-Hijjah 12.
Muslims are required to perform Hajj once in their lifetime if they are healthy and have the financial means to do so.
Around 2.5 million pilgrims performed the Hajj in 2019 but the number of people doing Hajj this year will be significantly lower due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Saudi authorities have decided that a very limited number of people of various nationalities residing in the Kingdom will perform Hajj this year in order to ensure the safety of all.
Social distancing will be strictly adhered to and people must be between the ages of 20 and 50 to have been given permission to perform the pilgrimage.

~News

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
  • This year, the first of Dhu Al-Hijjah will fall on either July 21 or July 22 depending on the sighting of the crescent.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Hajj 2020: What you need to know about this year's pilgrimage
Islamic week-long ritual has been scaled back to a limited number of pilgrims because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Saudi Arabia says it will allow only about 1,000 pilgrims residing in the kingdom to perform the Hajj this year, one day after it announced the annual pilgrimage would be scaled back due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Some 2.5 million pilgrims from around the world flock annually to the cities of Mecca and Medina for the week-long ritual scheduled to begin in late July. This year, no overseas visitors would be allowed.
Saudi Arabia announced on Monday it would hold a "very limited" Hajj this year, as the country is still battling with the coronavirus pandemic.

The Saudi Ministry of Hajj said the decision to curtail the pilgrimage was aimed at preserving global public health because of the risks associated with large gatherings.

This year's event is expected to start on July 28.

Who will perform Hajj?
As one of the five key pillars in Islam, Hajj is a requirement for all physically and financially able Muslims to perform at least once in their lifetime.

This year, the kingdom's Hajj ministry said the ritual would be open only to individuals of various nationalities residing in Saudi Arabia.

In a virtual news conference on Tuesday, Hajj Minister Mohammad Benten said the government is still in the process of reviewing the number of overall pilgrims allowed, saying they could be "around 1,000, maybe less, maybe a little more".

"The number won't be in tens or hundreds of thousands" this year, he added.

Health Minister Tawfiq al-Rabiah said no one over the age of 65 or with chronic illnesses would be allowed to perform the Hajj.
What are the health protocols?
Pilgrims will be tested for coronavirus before arriving in the holy city of Mecca and will be required to quarantine at home after the ritual.

Wearing of face masks at all times will be mandatory for both pilgrims and organisers.
Touching or kissing the Kaaba, the holiest site in Islam, will be banned during the Hajj this year, and a physical distancing space of a metre and a half between each pilgrim during the rituals including mass prayers and while in the Kaaba circling area will be imposed, according to a statement by the Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC).

Congregational prayers are permitted, but worshippers are required to wear face masks and maintain physical distancing.

Also, access to holy sites at Mina, Muzdalifah and Mount Arafat will be limited to those with Hajj permits starting Sunday July 19 till August 2.

Has this happened before?
This is the first time in Saudi Arabia's nearly 90-year history that foreign visitors have been barred from performing Hajj.

The Hajj has been cancelled because of war and past epidemics throughout history, but not since the founding of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1932.

746f462038894a4599996a30c6da4a10_6.jpg

What has the reaction been?
The response has been a mix of disappointment, relief and acceptance.

Before the Saudi announcement, Indonesia, Malaysia, Senegal and Singapore had already barred their citizens from performing Hajj this year because of coronavirus concerns.

"My hopes of going to (the holy Saudi city of Mecca) were so high," Kamariah Yahya, 68, from Indonesia, told AFP news agency.

"I've been preparing for years. But what can I do? This is Allah's will - it's destiny."

Shahadat Hossain Taslim, head of a group representing Bangladeshi Hajj travel agencies, said "many people will be shattered" by the decision, but it was for the best.

"Unlike other countries, the majority of Bangladeshi pilgrims are elderly people, and they are vulnerable to COVID-19," he said.

Pakistan, which usually sends nearly 180,000 pilgrims, said its diplomats in Saudi Arabia would represent the country during the pilgrimage this year.

In neighbouring India, the minister for minority affairs said more than 200,000 people had applied to go on Hajj in 2020, and that they would receive a full refund of any money deposited for the pilgrimage.

Mohamad Azmi Abdul Hamid, from the charity Malaysian Consultative Council of Islamic Organizations, said Muslim nations should have been allowed to take a "collective decision", rather then it being left to Riyadh.

makkah-for-haj2020-jpg.13801

~News

Attachments

• makkah for haj2020.jpg
    makkah for haj2020.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 27

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Sayyiduna Ibn Abbāsرضي الله تعالى عنهreports that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلمmentioned: The best water on the surface of this world is zam-zam. In it is food for the hungry and cure for the sick. (Tabarāni)
Sayyiduna Jabirرضي الله تعالى عنهreports that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلمsaid: Zam-zam is for what it is drank. (i.e. whatever intention/dua is made when drinking Zam-zam it will be fulfilled). (Ibn Majah)
1. Zam-zam water is from jannah (paradise).
2. Zam-zam is the best water on earth.
3. Zam-zam is a cure for every sickness.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
QURBANI 1441h/2020
Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam is reported to have said: "There is no dearer wealth than the wealth spent on Qurbani" (Tabrani)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
109526778_10159127906668094_6420548786816062195_n.jpg

Such a sight to behold!⁣⁣
⁣⁣
A beautiful close up of the Ka'bah. ⁣⁣ O Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala, grant our Viewers and the Muslims around the globe the opportunity to perform Umrah & Hajj soon.⁣
~Amin!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Due to negative Moon Sightings in Tumair & Sudair this evening, the following are the important dates for Dhul Hijjah 1441. (info from Haramain)
110287863_10159134853273094_5248710262100916781_n.jpg