HALF HIJABI'

assyuara

Assalamualaikum,

Yep. Some sisters out there insha Allah there's none in this forum do wear hijab as a fashion or trend even. Here in Singapore some wear those kinds which only covers the head leaving the bare neck and chest area. And the most hmm..unsightful is that they wear big dangling earrings so some parts of their ears can be seen. Some loosely cover their head and allow their to be seen. Astarghfirullah, May Allah show them the right way and to guide them.

In my opinion, the most important thing is to have knowledge in the action that we are going to take. By saying this, it also serves as a reminder for me bec i'm still in the process towards a real Muslim with real Imaan and Taqwa. So let us all hold on to the first verse from Allah which is to READ and UNDERSTAND.

Wasalaam,
Aisyah. :blackhijab:

MMMM786

Help!!1

salam i am not confused but i used to wear a scarf but then i took it off coz of my hair kept on falling out really bad then i put it back on then took it off coz i got tired

i need to know one thing i want to wear a scarf again and pray 5 times a day and keep all my fast but it's hard what should i do!!!!!!!

help me plz!!:tti_sister:

Nurain

I would love to wear the niqaab sometimes because I feel the hijaab is of no value sometimes because the hijabis wear tight clothes and the boys are still daring around them because these girls let them!!!

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:

MashaAllah this is a great thread. I want a wife who fits into the 8th category really. However, not a one mentioned by sister Lana. We need to correct ourselves. O my sisters in Islam. Please do not think you are the only ones who have to fight the words of community, media and even government and private institutions whether in Islamic countries or not. I am living in the only 100% sunni muslim country in the world. However, you cant even imagine how we (those who atleast try to follow Rasoolullah (saw) in all our appearance and activities) are treated. Its much worse than in a non-muslim country sometimes. We hurt a lot. However, that makes our iiman only to increase. Like hijab for sisters, we brothers have beards. (You sisters can take when you are at home, but we have to sleep also with it...So do not claim that we are free of worries.....lol).

We all need to be firm in the religion of Allah. May Allah (swt) keep us strong on the true path.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

runayrus

Yearning Slave
Dear brother and sisters

Assalamualaikum,

Yep. Some sisters out there insha Allah there's none in this forum do wear hijab as a fashion or trend even. Here in Singapore some wear those kinds which only covers the head leaving the bare neck and chest area. And the most hmm..unsightful is that they wear big dangling earrings so some parts of their ears can be seen. Some loosely cover their head and allow their to be seen. Astarghfirullah, May Allah show them the right way and to guide them.

In my opinion, the most important thing is to have knowledge in the action that we are going to take. By saying this, it also serves as a reminder for me bec i'm still in the process towards a real Muslim with real Imaan and Taqwa. So let us all hold on to the first verse from Allah which is to READ and UNDERSTAND.

Wasalaam,
Aisyah. :blackhijab:

I would like to share my personal experience when I first started wearing the hijaab.

I have been wearing it for religious classes and events so wearing it only comes, Alhamdulilah, second to natural. I felt that I am at my MOST comfortable stage ( except when I wear a hijaab too tight) and it gives me a sense of confidence. I can now talk and do presentations without stammering Alhamdulilah. Because I know, the people who are observing me during my presentation are not looking at my appearance but my delivery.

When I first started the hijaab (which was about a month ago, honestly speaking) A LOT of changes were formed in my life. Slowly, what I thought was goodness in life then, started to leave. For example, excessive shopping, threading of eyebrows, colour coded get-up (what shoes or bag to go with top)... all those nonsensical things that women get caught up in! How ignorant I was. And of course the perfume... now I don't care about it. As long as I do not reek of spoiled food (haha) I am happy.

But dear brothers and sisters, of course not everything was smooth sailing. I received a hurtful remark. Some calling me 'Oh now you are 'holy'' and even "Don't worry, last time I was like you- I wore socks and my hijaab was so big it was almost like a table cover but one day I phased out. You will phase out too" Astagfirullahalazim.

When such unsupportive remarks rolls your way, pray for that person. Insya-Allah he/she will be given guidance from Allah the Greatest.

Dear sis Aisyah, let us remember the muslimah in Singapore who strives towards betterment for Allah. Niqaab is not in the norm in Singapore and for those who wear it, Masya-Allah, may Allah reserve a place for them in Jannah.

Lastly, before I wore the hijaab..this was one of the video I watched. It felt like a tight slap to my face. Watch it dear Muslim brothers and sisters, for we might learn something.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F4jQi0Gjy3M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F4jQi0Gjy3M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Assalamualaikum.

Sister Nur

runayrus

Yearning Slave
Dear sister

salam i am not confused but i used to wear a scarf but then i took it off coz of my hair kept on falling out really bad then i put it back on then took it off coz i got tired

i need to know one thing i want to wear a scarf again and pray 5 times a day and keep all my fast but it's hard what should i do!!!!!!!

help me plz!!:tti_sister:

Dearest sister,

Remember, you are accounted for every single hair that is visible to non-mahram men. Every single hair... It is not too late. There are many different hijaabs that are safe and secure and Insya-Allah your hair wont fall out this time. Check out the site below. They have good hijaabs. Seek Allah and He will guide you. Insya-Allah.

http://www.sunnahstyle.com/

:salam2:

Sister Nur

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
YEA! YEA! YEA SIS!! I was a hijabi hopeful for quite awhile and I have to say that I really started feeling guilty everytime I went out without it. It started putting me into a small depression. Everytime I fixed my hair to go out, I just felt bad.

I started out just wearing it to the masjid (I would put it on in the parking lot!). Then I started wearing it while driving to the masjid. Then to the store, etc. Now I wear it ALL the time and I would never go out without it insha'Allah. I love it. It took me right out of my depression. I love wearing it. It makes me more confident, happier, and a better person in general. It reminds you what you are (a Muslimah) and who you are on earth to please (Allah). Even if someone gives me dirty looks or makes a nasty comment, it doesn't even bother me like I thought it would. I'm not here to please anyone but Allah and by wearing hijab, I am doing something to please Him.

Take it slow sis but once you wear it, you'll wonder what took you so long!
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

update: i am not a hijab wearer!!! i wear it al the time!! yayaya! :) x

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalam aliekum

Let's not forget that the boys should be dressing modestly and properly as well. On a DAILY basis, I have to tell HIGH SCHOOL Muslim boys (young men?) to PULL UP THEIR PANTS, because I don't want to see their (striped, SpongeBob, polka-dotted, plaid, smiley-face, etc) boxer shorts! Or that when we are doing an assignment on the internet, if they SEE a picture of a girl in shorts or T-shirt, they turn into complete goons and Neanderthals! Or the guys in Kuwait who will drive their car next to a girl driving in a parking lot and "accidentally" bang into her car, so he can exchange phone numbers for the "insurance company"; or just following girls in cars (and when I come out to my car, having a guys name and number on a piece of paper under my windshield wiper). It goes on and on - as a matter of fact, just a week or soago, a 3 car accident (with 3 people sent to the hospital) was caused by a Kuwait youth who was driving and trying to get the attention of a girl driving in another car.

I have said this before, and I will say it again, when it comes to hijab and modesty and such, BOYS NEED TO BE TAUGHT THESE THINGS AS WELL AS GIRLS! Seriously, lets not put the ENTIRE responsibility for being modest and respectful on the females. I have seen some of my boy students dressed in tight pants (which is just unattractive no matter what anyone says!) and tight shirts and spikey hair making "cat-calls" at girls at the mall, and then they will tell me that they would never marry a girl who didn't dress hijab in loose clothes and modest - hypocrites!

So, yes, let's teach our young ladies to dress modestly and be polite and respectful, but lets make sure to teach our young men the same and more (as they will bear the responsibility for managing a household someday).

My 2 cents....

Lana

salam aleikum
LOL ,I know its not funny ,but the way u said it ,I can just imagine all that happening...

I agree with everything you said sister...

And regarding the post I think we should not divide anyone into categories ..There are a lot of Muslim converts and other sisters who start with half hijab and then moving on to full hijab and etc..,we should not judge them for that...Instead encourage and respect ...Everyone has ups and downs ...
The hijabi can have much cleaner heart then a niqabi ,or non hijabi may be has intention in her heart to wear hijab and is about to do it ,we never know ,so lets not categorize and judge ...
And lets not assume that those who don't wear niqab ,love Allah less ,then those who do ...

waaleikum salam

Tilmida

...you don t hav to feel confused, it s all a process ....

first beginn to pray, (try just try ) to pray at time, but try it every day until you pray automatically at time ! then start to fast first beginn with a day in a week to make your self accusstomed to it... start also reading sira nabawiya and sirat ayscha radiya allhu anha ,and also make yourself muslima friends to know more abou your religion , it s a good start to be in this forum ;))
then make doua every day , your iman will grow so fast that you ll feel the need to make hijab inchaallah... give it a try MMMM786 sister...

I`m in the " i wanna make hijab" phase ;) please make doua for me :)

alea

Allah (swa) knows best....inshaAllah those who want to start wearing hijab i can speak from experience and say life is sooo much better in every way!!...those who despise it i pray that you be guided inshaAllah..

mayah

Hijab means cover our head and the whole of our body.We will look so polite in our hijab and guys will respect us.Hijab also guide us wherever we go.

kiki18

assalum alaykum,

i want to wear hijab, but since my family doesn't know i'm muslim i haven't yet. also i mean try to understand, i need some getting used to. well i'm trying, and hopefully soon i'll get to wear it. :D

kiki18

oh yes and i heard that wearing perfume is not haram, but rather the angels like it. it is pleasent to them. ofcourse it should be mild and fresh.

Tilmida

Allah (swa) knows best....inshaAllah those who want to start wearing hijab i can speak from experience and say life is sooo much better in every way!!...those who despise it i pray that you be guided inshaAllah..

thank you sister ;) :shake:

hope you re right!!