Hallo everyone!

AmericanTeenager

:lol: That certainly made me laugh ma'am. I think even Arkansas (my state) evangelists are scared of West Virginia :D Again I thank everyone for their support, and I wish your son well in the CAP, it's an absolutely wonderful organization, but rather beyond the scope of this discussion :) But if you or he have any questions about it, feel free to ask me, I'm well on my way to being an officer ;)

Hello American Teenager,

You sound like a bright young man for your age. It's truly a blessing that you can see the light of Islam, while your household is trying to make you have perceived negative connotation against Muslims. What positive reinforcement can one obtain from having hatred and prejudice? It's really unbelievable. We're all humans. We're all God's creation.

The Ruling of Beard for Men

I must say that it's tough living in a secluded area if you are a Muslim or a non-Muslim trying to practice Islam or even trying to learn about Islam. It's a blessings that Allah has provided us the internet. It's accessible in just about any part of the world and brings people together no matter what race, gender, or country they are from. There was a recent article about tribes living in the Amazon (see Isolated Tribes Spotted in Brazil Amazon) and probably never even heard of Islam - so don't take this for granted :)

Use www.islamicfinder.org to find the nearest masjid near you.

I wish you the best in your career and God willing you find Islam the path of peace, truth, and a longevity for happiness. B-)

AmericanTeenager

Thanks, that video cleared up a lot for me! Also, I used that link, and came up with only two organizations within ten miles of my location, both of which are at the same address. Only one has a website, and I have been able to find no indication of whether or not either organization is still active as of the present, as the last thing I saw on the website was dated April 2005. The website is http://www.almobarak.net

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
welcome to tti

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206: to tti it is such good website u will learn alot about this website insha Allah( if god wills) have fun!!

samiha

---------
Staff member
Hello, Welcome to TTI!

It's great to see more people of the younger set going out and seeking knowledge. Technically I'm an "American Teen" too, and a lot of the times I notice (specially with people i knew) that this culture focuses on enjoying here and now, and not using our mind to think further. So I think it's really great that you're looking into Islaam.

These are just my opinions and how I feel:

First - This could be a problem which could come up, but dont worry about it too much yet!! You're not Muslim yet, so you shouldn't take a lot of time just thinking of IF this was like this or IF this happens then this might happen, because there are really no solid answers to that "IF" right?

As Muslims we believe that whatever is destined for us is already set out, and nobody can change that. We make our choices, do our best, but then afterward we trust in Allah (God) and pray for the best.

You cant always plan your life out exactly can you? I mean what happens today you dont know even, so to judge your future in such a way is hard to do. I think you should concentrate on finding out what Islaam really entails. What we believe in, what Islaam means, who a Muslim is etc. These are very important things for you I believe, because you wouldnt want to make a decision that you werent sure of, and since I'm confident in Islaam, the rest of my brothers and sisters and I would love to show you our beautiful religion.

And you never know, many people said after they became Muslim, their parents were opposed, but then they saw how they were effected by the religion and then followed them. Others this did not happen, and they still live with parents who are not Muslim. What happens will happen, but regardless you'll see that in Islaam we place a lot of value on family structures and love and respecting them. This goes especially towards parents. So though it's really nice that you worry of them and how they may take things, take it one step at a time.

Second - I personally think that as of now, it's a secondary concern you might have. Lots of things have procedures, and so maybe it's a bit like math... you cant do algebra till you have your multiplication tables down. Still, like I mentioned before, it's admirable that you already worry from now whether you can do everything right if you become a Muslim, :) it's really nice to see you're serious about, but again you cant build a house on shaky foundation - so what you need is a foundation first before trying to reach the sky.

And as per last - it could be difficult, and it could be easy :) as you said. It all depends. Sometimes you meet Muslims and they dont exemplify Islaam, and one becomes disappointed (even as a Muslim - or perhaps i should say especially as a Muslim!). Other times, its the most wonderful experience, thus being subjective, I think we should make best out of every situation we can and always remember to judge Muslims by Islaam and not the other way around.

That's just my input. May Allah guide you!

Haha, you are all absolutely right, but my major concerns are several:

First, my parents are both very conservative as far as religion goes, and both are highly prejudiced against muslims, though I believe I've managed to soften my dad up a bit. I may not always agree with them, but they're still my parents, and I want to please them in any way I can.

Second, as far as I know, it is forbidden (haram?) to shave your beard in Islam if you have one. But I am involved in the Civil Air Patrol, which is the civilian auxilary of the United States Air Force, and I plan on joining the USAF proper once I finish college. In both of these organizations, it is mandatory that you be completely clean-shaven, with the only exception being well-trimmed mustaches. Some help here as well please?

Lastly, and as far as I know this could be either the most or least significant of my concerns, but my town has an extremely low muslim population, and as far as I know, there is no mosque within forty miles of my home, but there is a Muslim Association that I plan on contacting later...today actually for information on that.

Anyway, those are my major concerns. I am probably one of the few American teens growing up in the "Bible Belt" of America that truly respects Islam and understands that the terrorists have severely twisted it to fit their own beliefs. Of course I have other, smaller concerns, but I'd like those big ones cleared up before I go any further :D

Mairo

Maryama
Alrighti, so I had an account here before, but I forgot all the details for it and I recently deleted the email account I had used for it as well, so I figured I'd just start over :lol:

Anyway, I guess I could start off with some bits and pieces of myself, first, as my username would suggest, I'm an American teen with an intense curiosity on all things spiritual after having grown up largely Christian and only very recently having been exposed to other religions and cultures. I'm not entirely sure what led me to start looking into Islam in particular, because from a certain, highly objective point of view, and I mean absolutely no offense here to anyone, the vast majority of religions in this world are, at some basic and fundamental level the same belief, with only relatively slight variations.

But that's a discussion for elsewhere, not my introduction thread :)

Continuing on, last year, when I was working as a grocery store clerk, I purchased both a copy of the Qu'ran and a computer software to learn Arabic. I eventually grew inconsistent with the computer program, though I have continued to read the Qu'ran on and off over the past year or so.

Beyond all that, I am a writer, a runner, and above all a musician, and I think that about covers the basics of me, anything else you'll just have to ask me :lol: :)

Warm welcome to you!

Thank you for sharing your story, hearing from youth such as yourself is so encouraging to me.

May God always bless you in your search for more knowledge and understanding of the religion of Islam.

islamservant

Egyptian sister
As-salam 3alikom warahmatoallah wabarakatoh (peace be up on u )

Dear friend

It seems that u r a step about to be muslim

The matter is so easy

Do not be hesitated( these thoughts are from the satan ,,, because it knows that u love islam and want it so it is doing its best to make u away from this great step because it does not want any one enter paradise but enter hell with it )
Friend ,,,,
The beard is one law of islam and it is forbidden for men to shave their beards as u said ,, this is in general

But if a muslim faces a problem in doing something of islam and he is truthful from his heart that if the conditions become better he will obey allah

Dear friend islam is soooooooooooo easy
And allah is merciful and he does not want to punish us , on the contrary allah wants from all people to enter the paradise and be happy ,, but for sorry people who refuses

Do u know that it is the same case in some Islamic countries among of them my country Egypt ?( I am speaking about shaving the beard in the army and police is mandatory ,and also in the usual life ,, a lot of men here in Egypt facing troubles because of their beards ,, the government and a lot of people also here are fighting any apparent remark of islam like the beard claiming that the beard is not obligatory and so on ),,,,, the one who enters army must shave his beard ,,, by that can we say he leave islam because he shaved his beard ?

Of course not

He is still muslim

See friend ,,,,,,,, in general allah orderd us to do some obligations and interdict us from doing certain things and who does not obey allah will be punishaed on the day of judgment and also may be in the real life if he did not make repentance to allah and say sorry for his sins

This is in general

But if a person can not do some of the orders or did some of prohibitions either he did so with forgetfulness or by mistake or by force and he is truthful may allah forgive him Godwilling for this

See dear friend

There is no problem

And these r a part from an answer I found in a question on the site islam question and answer

www.islamqa.com/en

Thus it will become clear to you that so long as you are unable to practise the rituals of Islam, then Allaah by His mercy will excuse you, and whatever you are able to do, then you are obliged to do it, even if you do it in secret. If you have to put up with some difficulties that you are able to bear in order to do that, then Allaah will reward greatly the one who patiently bears hardship for His sake and for the sake of His religion.

Another thing

As u r reading the Qur'an for sure u know that there is punishment for disbelievers in the hereafter ,,, and u know the Qur'an is truthful and islam is right so there will be a day of judgment and hell for disbelievers and also paradise for believers

After u know all of this u r hesitating?

Friend

Our real life ( donia ) will end ,,,, there is no doubt of that ,,, and will remain the fate of every person that he choosed for himself in that ( donia ) ,,, either the paradise or the hell

Friend ,,,, this life that we r living in is a test and there must be some difficulties that will face us on our way to allah for allah to see what people will do ,,,,, of course who will be patient and prefer what allah orderd ( as possible as he can ) will win and who is not and did every thing he wants and did not be limited with the islamic regulations will loose

U may need to sacrifice by somethings which r beloved to u for the sake of allah and who will win at last is u not any one else

,,,, u r the winner

Dear friend when islam was establishing ,, allsh did not send to the prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ) angels ,,,, no the prophet at first faced his tribe by himself , alone and then some people listened to him and knew that he is truthful and believed in his message ,,,, those people were called the companions

they were weak and the whole environment was fighting them and a lot of them was plagued and killed and they were been sieged for three years with no food except the leaves of the trees and they leaved their land ( Mekka ) leaving with it their money ,properties, families and wifes ( if a man became a muslim and his wife refused islam ) and husbands ( if a woman became a muslim and here husband refused islam ) and every thing thy they were owing and went to another land ( yethrib ,, Meddenah ) with nothing,,, and then there were wars and they must sacrifice by their life for the survival of islam

They sacrificed by money , properities, their home, their families and also their lifes

See friend ,,,,, why did not one of them said ooh it is so difficult and hard I would leave islam

No ,,, they never did ,,, u know why ?

Because they knew that Muhammad ( pbuh) is truthful and he is not lying and then became assured by the miracles with him ,,, they were sure that islam is from allah ,, so there will be a life after death and believers will enter paradise and disbelievers will enter hell,,, and they were believing and wanted to enter paradise so that they beard every difficulty faced them

See friend ,, this is the solution

I advice u to study the history of islam and how did it established and study the life of the prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ) and his moral valus and also study miracles of the Qur'an and the Sunnah

And at last never forget to ask God to guide u

And remember if the whole worled was fighting u even ur parents and friends and u b alone do not care and remember ur self always with the life after death and no one in this world will benefit u even ur parents
U will die alone and will be in the grave alone and on the day of judgment u will be alone
No one can safe u
So safe ur self from now

I hope that u hear my words by ur heart

Do not hesitate ,,, take the step and trust that allah will never leave u

May allah guide u to the straight path