Hands in prayer

AishaR

Asalam brothers & sister of Islam

I was wondering if you could help me on a matter I am confused on, another I hear you say, lol

My father in law recently passed away & due to this we have been praying more that normal. Lots of people have been coming to the house & I have noticed that the way they hold their hands are different. Some have their hands cupped with fingers together, whilst others have their fingers apart. Some hands together & others hands apart.

Is there a correct way to hold ones hands whilst praying?

Salam

AishaR

Asalam

Thanx for your reply cyrusarif. Has a revert I need to ask these questions to increase my knowledge, I know they may seem silly to some people but to myself & others it is important we do things in a correct manner. There are lots of reverts on this site which have not had the benefit of learning these matters from family/friends as we were growing up.

We are all here to help & incourage each other.

Salam

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

We were called the best Ummah than those which passed before us because this Ummah remind one another of the good and also teach one another to avoid the bad.If a question is asked even 100 times then its our duty to help one another always.In tv we are being showed advertisement of PANADOL every after an hr depends,to tell us that if you have a headache then use it. So we already know that whenever we have a headache then we have to use panadol to relief the pain but why do they always repeat to show us everytime the advertisement? We are human and we are not perfect and we need to be reminded always so that we know where we are heading.We forget sumtimes and someone reminds you then you realise u did a mistake and ask for forgiveness from Allah.

A sister ask for help and its our duty if one knows the answer then help her. We all benefit from what we read and learn from different issues.And may Allah bless us with more Elm so that we can help one another always!

:jazaak:

Somair

cyrusarif said:
I am wondering people after 1400 years still busy asking whether they should cup their hands or fingers apart or hands apart while praying, whether bride should wear tikka on her wedding or not, should a person while meeting someone shake hand or kiss-hand and so on and so forth. We can spend hours and weeks, and months, rather centuries discussong these matters on a global network. This is what we have understood the Islam so far .

And its our firm believe that we will conquer the whole world

Poor Muslims............

too bad for you that instead of listening to others and acting upon their kind efforts to help your flawed understanding and way of reasoning, all you can do now is spew spite at those humble enough to ask, listen and learn...lose the arrogance and try it yourself.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom,
brother Allah Yahdeena ( Guide us Alla) part of being Muslim is to be nice to others who trying to learn..Among the etiquettes of Islamic work is to deal with people on their own level. We should show concern for their problems and try to help them, while never burdening them with our own. We need to be sensitive to the sensibilities of those whom we are calling and try to understand their circumstances.

There is a big difference between your debates (which direction the prophet Adam use to pray to) WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM in any way) and the people who want to know how to pray specially the new Muslims, Brother.. lose the arrogance, we all need to pay attention and learn the Etiquettes of dealing with people

Sister Aisha, here is a link on correct way to pray

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayer/index.html

if you go through the steps it shows you how to put the hands
(Place the right hand on the left hand. Place both hands on your chest and keep your eyes focused on the place of your prostration. )

wa salaam

AishaR

Asalam Mrmuslim

Thank you for that great link, it is very helpful. What I really needed to know is when your pray before a meal or other than the daily prayers how are your hands meant to be??

Any help will be great.

Salam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
AishaR said:
Asalam Mrmuslim

Thank you for that great link, it is very helpful. What I really needed to know is when your pray before a meal or other than the daily prayers how are your hands meant to be??

Any help will be great.

Salam

salaam alikom
there isnt any position for hands before the meal just بِسْمِ اللَّهِ
Bismi-llah. and start eating with the right hand

wa salaam alikom

there isnt a such way or position for our hand to be in Islam before eating or drinking..as in other religion where they hold each other hands or raise thier hand etc... .there isnt such way we hold our hand and make supplication ( dua ) while ,,walking.. exiting house.. or entering house.

but when asking Allah or making Dua after the prayers please read ..
When should the hands be raised in du’aa’, and when do we make du’aa’ without raising our hands?
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=11543&ln=eng

also
Etiquette of making du’aa’
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=36902&ln=eng

different situation Dua ( supplication)
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287

here is a link for supplications before eating..
http://www.islamonline.net/English/introducingislam/Worship/Fasting/article06.shtml#*

dont forget me in your Dua :D
wa salaam alikom

AishaR

Asalam brother Mrmuslim

This is what I was referring to: The palm of the hand should be raised heavenwards, in the manner of a humble beggar who hopes to be given something. Abu Dawood (1486) narrated from Maalik ibn Yasaar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you ask of Allaah, ask of Him with the palms of your hands, not with the backs of them.” Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 1318.
Should the hands be held together when raising them or should there be a gap between them?

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) stated in al-Sharh al-Mumti’ (4/25) that they should be held together. What he said is: “As for separating them and holding them far apart from one another, there is no basis for that in the Sunnah or in the words of the scholars.” End quote.

I am very grateful for your patience with me, may you rewarded for your kindness.

Salam