Haram to wonder how Allah look

Do you tried to imagine what Prophet or his family look like?

• Yes

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
First of all you give salam to your brother. Second you ask, brother can you give a proof where you got that from. Third, i don't make things up. I don't like bidah that is why i dont make up.

11. (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things). (ashu'ara -consultations)

if you read the quran, ull find that verse mentioned few times.

If you read arabic, turn to that surra and you can read it Ashu'ara ajat 11

Barrakaallah feek

wa alaikum salam

Take heed of your own advice because you did not give me Salams but n-e way I am not trying to sass with you, I just want deleel (proof) to protect myself and you. That is all.

jawad821

see quoran

salam

i just want remenber you about what had happen with Moise "peace upon him" when he ask Allah: " i want to see you" and Allah reply :" see this mountain if it's still in its place you will see me" so when Allah stand on the mountain, it became flat and Moise "peace upon him" lost conscience. when he get up he ask Allah to forgive him.

this story explain to us that:
in one hand, human being "represented by Moise (peace upon him)" have a mind and need to give a drawing to anything uncluding Allah picture. In the other hand, Allah anticipates that fact and give us this story.

i hope you get the meaning.

Allah al mo3in

ASA,

Allah is perfect. He is not like any of His creations. He has told us that He has hands, eyes, a face, and feet, but all of these attributes are befitting to His might and glory, besides our tiny little brains can not comprehend what actually is a hand, eye, face, feet that we have never seen. We only know those word/features only in the realm of a human being. A Muslim does not say a single thing about Allah other than what Allah says about Himself. Allah is Perfect and Unique.

Nothing is like Allah swt. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation.

We do have some writing and physical evidence (i.e. hair) of what the Prophet (saw) looked like, his looks are not the most important thing to me - it was his character, love, behavior, modesty, impact on people and history that I love. Honestly, I don't try to imagine what he looked like, but I do ask myself, what would the Prophet (saw) do in whatever situation I am in. He is an example for people to follow.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
I have read that when you pray Salah you try to imagine that you are infront of Allah (SWT) or that Allah (SWT) is seeing you. So whenever I pray Salah I try very hard to imagine any one of these senarios, but I can't really imagine much.

In Surah An-Noor (24:35) Allah describes Himself as a lamp in a glass shade, and the glass shade is like a glittering star, with oil from the blessed Olive tree and the oil is so fine that as if it is going to shine forth by itself though no fire touches it, providing all the means of light upon light.

When I pondered upon this Ayah, it gave me some clues. First at the time of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) the concept of sky and stars were pretty primitive, people believed that mountains are holding up the sky and stars are little shining things like fire-flys stuck to the sky. But the Quran uses the word "Caukab" which is star. A "Glittering Star".

So when I try to imagine Allah, this Ayah comes to my mind and so a huge shining image comes to my mind. Wallah-u-alm.

I never tried to imagine Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). There are some hadeeth who shed some light upon his features so some image comes to my mind when I read those hadeeths, but I never tried to imagine how He looked.
:wasalam:

jawad821

see quoran

salam

i just want remenber you about what had happen with Moise "peace upon him" when he ask Allah: " i want to see you" and Allah reply :" see this mountain if it's still in its place you will see me" so when Allah stand on the mountain, it became flat and Moise "peace upon him" lost conscience. when he get up he ask Allah to forgive him.

this story explain to us that:
in one hand, human being "represented by Moise (peace upon him)" have a mind and need to give a drawing to anything uncluding Allah picture. In the other hand, Allah anticipates that fact and give us this story.

i hope you get the meaning.

Allah al mo3in

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I cant imagine how the Jannah looks like, so how can we ever imagine Allah (swt) who created the Jannah.

wa-alaykum salam

Jannah? why not hey? :( wheres the imagination brother!

Surah Waqiah - specifically verses 10-40 for the description, but the whole thing is very beautiful :)

[yt]rNhnwFiwfV0[/yt]​

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
wa-alaykum salam

Jannah? why not hey? :( wheres the imagination brother!

Surah Waqiah - specifically verses 10-40 for the description, but the whole thing is very beautiful :)

[yt]rNhnwFiwfV0[/yt]​

Jazaki Allahu Khair sister. I am aware of the description of the Jannah by reading Qur'an, Ahadieth, and listening to islamic lectures. But everything in Jannah is different from everything in Earth, colours, sound etc. (May Allah swt grant us Jannah).

:eek: I guess my imagination is quite bad afterall..

muharram23

Staff member
wa alaikum salam

Take heed of your own advice because you did not give me Salams but n-e way I am not trying to sass with you, I just want deleel (proof) to protect myself and you. That is all.

salamu alaykum

and thanx for the advice sister

sorry if i hurt you. Shaytan is a big enemy to us. lets not takin him as a friend.

Assalamu alaykum

BrotherZak

salam

When i read the quran describing how allah subannal watallah will descend on earth sorrounded by angels and how the angels will stand rank by rank..i can't help imagine the image of it. I cannot imagine how Allah looks but sometimes my minds wonders...its kinda weird..

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
salamu alaykum

and thanx for the advice sister

sorry if i hurt you. Shaytan is a big enemy to us. lets not takin him as a friend.

Assalamu alaykum

Brother please forgive me( ppl tell me all the time especially brothers that I need to work on my atitude since I am not married)

But yes Brother May Allah reward you for your

Mahmed322

Is it just me or do you sometimes try to picture how Allah subhana wa tala looks or even the Prophet Muhammad sallallah alahi wa salaamor even his family may blessing be upon them. I never tried to draw them or really give them distinct features like being black or white or having short or tall. But sometimes when I am praying, I wonder how does Allah look. I am not asking anyone give features, I am assuming that is Haram and If this thread is totally haram then please delete it.

My question: Do you sometimes tried to picture how Allah or Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alahi wa salaam or even his family look like?

Theres many hadeeths and narrations that describe how the prophet (P.B.U.H) looked. Try searching for them online.