hasab nasab and society division

muslimah_05

AsSalam-o-alaikum,

dear sisters, i need your guidance regarding hasab-nasab in islam. may be the sisters coming from asia, especially India, Pakistan or Bangladesh can understand this situation better as we have this strange cast system that divides the society into upper and lower cast.
in my point of view, this is not a religious difference but a social myth that the families whos' forefathers or still today belong to agriculture (landlords (jutt) are respectable and the ones who did other jobs in past, around 200 years back, such as carpenter, butcher or who migrated from india (mahajir, rajput) are lower casts. and for this reason a girl/boy coming from upper cast can not marry a girl/boy who belongs to a lower cast. just because what people are going to say, what our relatives will say that you gave your daughter to them :/. couldn't you find any better family for your children ?.
once i happened to ask an aunty and she told me "it's also in our religion that to marry your girl/boy first you need to care about the religion then hasab-nasab , then education.., etc. and hasab-nasab is this cast system that distinguish us from each other, as also Allah has said in quran that He has divided us into tribes so that we could know each other, as these days there is no tribes so this cast system is a form of ancient tribes." and i left very disappointed but speechless, due to lack of my knowledge :( i could not say anything. but somewhere in my heart i do not believe it, because all i know is this Hadith of last Sermon :

• All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.

so i have a question, does leading a balanced life by taking care of Deen and Duniya means this that all you care about your society and the happiness of your relatives by ignoring your feeling ?

i will be very thankful if any of you could share some information regarding Hasab-Nasab and this society division in the light of Hadith and Sunnah, and also does this Verse in Quran about tribes really mean that we should get our selves divided into casts to know better each other ?

many thanks for reading,

jazakAllah