Having Prosperity & Wealth: A Tried and True Method (careful reading required!)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

I pray that each of you are in the best states of iman..health..and overall well-being brothers and sisters...

Many times we seek methods through which we can earn prosperity in the various venues of our lives..we try to seek the job with a decent pay to provide a living..we try to seek a righteous husband or wife to protect us from the haram and lead us to self-betterment in the matters of the dunya and the akhirah..we try to seek having children to carry our names and lead a good Muslim life and hopefully make for us dua'as of good for our akhirah once we leave this dunya...In naming and describing them..the matters we seek can go on and on..and often we find ourselves looking for the method which may provide us these things..sustain them for us..and/or even provide us the comfort of *having* a sound method through which we may attain these matters through...

With all thanks to Allah (sobhanaho wa ta'ala)..as Muslims we have been *offered* a method..but many amongst us do not dust it off from the corners of memory or learn about it to practice it for its magnificent benefits for our dunya *and* our akhirah...

This method is *free of charge*...*simple* in directions..and *proven* true..time and time and time again!...it takes no physical effort beyond that of *recitation* and *concentration*..and if the heart becomes attached to it..then surely it has developed an attachment to a weal of things!...this method is:

*Al-Istighfaar* [asking for forgiveness through supplication/remembrance]

A 100..200..1000..or even 10 or 50 times of it a day...can wipe away the clouds of worries in your mind and the hurricanes of sadness..frustration..or fear in your heart...it betters your dunya..and secures your akhirah (with Allah's will!)

I am not making a *sales pitch* or *advertising a product*...I am merely reminding you of this method because it is one that we can all practice..anywhere!..anytime!...and I have heard and seen its consequences (some of which are nothing short of *miracles*..Sobhanallah!) first hand..either through personal experiences or experiences of others around me...

I do not want to give you "testimonies" or "experiences" because I pray that *you* will have your own inshallah..and because I want you to spend your time *learning* about Istighfaar or having your memory refreshed regarding it...so all I ask is that you read the next couple of replies in the thread carefully and allow the words to seep into your minds at your own personal pace..wa hadakom Allah wa baraka feekom!

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“I said (to them): ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft‑Forgiving; 11. ‘He will send rain to you in abundance, 12. ‘And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.’” [Nooh 71:10-12]

Al-Qurtubi said:

The words “I said (to them): ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord’” mean: ask Him for forgiveness of your previous sins with sincerity of faith.
“verily, He is Oft‑Forgiving” means, He forgives everyone who turns to Him; this encourages us to repent.

“He will send rain to you in abundance” means, He will send a great deal of rain to you.

“And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers”

Al-Shu’bi said:

‘Umar went out to pray for rain and he did no more than pray for forgiveness until he came back, then it rained. They said: “We did not see you ask for rain.” He said: “I sought rain with the real key by means of which rain is sought.” Then he recited (interpretation of the meaning): “Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft‑Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance.”

The word translated here as “key” – majaadeeh – refers to the stars which the ancient Arabs claimed brought rain. What ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) meant was to reject this false claim of the Arabs and explain that he had sought rain by the correct means, which is praying for forgiveness, not by means of the stars.

A man complained to al-Hasan about a drought, and he said to him: “Pray to Allaah for forgiveness.” Another man complained to him of poverty and he said to him: “Pray to Allaah to forgive you.” Another man said to him: “Pray to Allaah to bless me with a child.” He said: “Pray to Allaah for forgiveness.” Another complained to him that his garden was dry. He said to him: “Pray to Allaah for forgiveness.” We asked him about that and he said: “This is not my personal opinion, for Allaah says in Soorat Nooh (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft‑Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance. And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.”

Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 18/301-302.

Secondly:

With regard to the wording of prayers for forgiveness, it is better to use the words narrated in the saheeh Sunnah from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which he either said himself or enjoined the ummah to say:

(i) It was narrated from Shaddaad ibn Aws (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best prayer for forgiveness is to say: Allaahumma anta rabbiy laa ilaaha illa anta, khalaqtani wa ana ‘abduka wa ana ‘ala ‘ahdika wa wa’dika ma astata’tu, a’oodhu bika min sharri ma sana’tu aboo’u laka bi ni’matika ‘alayya wa aboo’u laka bi dhanbi, faghfir li fa innahu laa yaghfir ul-dhunooba illa anta (O Allaah, You are my Lord and I am Your slave, You have created me and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise (to You) as much as I am able. I seek refuge with You from the evil of that which I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me and I confess to You my sin. Forgive me for there is no one who forgives sin except You).”

He said: Whoever says this during the day believing in it with certainty and dies that day before evening comes, will be one of the people of Paradise, and whoever says it at night believing in it with certainty and dies before morning comes will be one of the people of Paradise. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5947.

(ii) It was narrated from Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recite the following du’aa’: “Rabb ighfir li khati’ati wa jahli wa israafi fi amri kullihi wa ma anta a’lam bihi minni, Allaahumma ighfir li khataayaaya wa ‘amdi wa jahli wa hazli wa kulla dhaalika ‘indi, Allaahumma ighfir li ma qaddamtu wa ma akhkhartu wa ma asrartu wa ma a’lantu anta al-muqaddim wa anta al-mu’akhkhir wa anta ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (O Allaah, forgive me my mistakes, my ignorance and my transgressing the limits of righteousness in my deeds and whatever You know better than I. O Allaah, forgive me the wrongs that I have committed deliberately or mistakenly or jokingly, for all of that is possible in me. O Allaah, forgive my past and future sins, what I have done secretly and openly, for You are the One Who brings (some people) forward and puts (others) back, and You are able to do all things).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6035), Muslim (2719).

(iii) It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: We used to count that the Messenger of Allaah (S) said one hundred times in a gathering: “Rabb ighfir li wa tub ‘alayya innaka anta al-tawwaab ul-raheem (O Allaah forgive me and accept my repentance, for You are the Accepter of repentance, the Most Merciful). Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3434, where it says al-Tawwaab al-Ghafoor (the Accepter of repentance, the Oft-Forgiving); Abu Dawood, 1516; Ibn Maajah, 3814.

(iv) It was narrated from Abu Yasaar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says Astaghfir Allaah al-‘Azeem alladhi laa ilaaha illa huwa al-hayyu al-qayyoom wa atoobu ilayhi (I ask forgiveness of Allaah the Almighty, besides Whom there is no god, the Ever-Living, the Eternal, and I repent to Him), will be forgiven even if his sin is fleeing from the battlefield [a major sin].” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3577; Abu Dawood, 1517.

(v) It was narrated from Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Teach me a du’aa’ which I may recite in my prayer.” He said: “Say: Allaahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman katheeran wa laa yaghfir ul-dhunooba illa anta faghfir li maghfiratan min ‘indaka warhamni innaka anta al-ghafoor al-raheem (O Allaah, I have wronged myself greatly and no one forgives sins but You, so grant me forgiveness from You and have mercy on me, for You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 799; Muslim, 2705.

And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/39775/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%BA%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B1

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Praise be to Allaah.

It is mustahabb for the Muslim to pray for forgiveness a great deal. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray for forgiveness one hundred times every day and night.

It was narrated from al-Agharr al-Muzani (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I ask Allaah for forgiveness one hundred times a day.” Narrated by Muslim (2702).

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I ask Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, for forgiveness and I repent to Him one hundred times every day.” Narrated by al-Nasaa’i in al-Sunan al-Kubra (6/114) and by Ahmad in al-Musnad (2/450); it was classed as hasan by the commentators on al-Musnad.

And Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “By Allaah, I ask Allaah for forgiveness and I repent to Him more than seventy times every day.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6307).

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: We used to count the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying in a single gathering one hundred times: Rabb ighfir li wa tubb ‘alayya innaka anta al-Tawwaab al-Raheem (O Lord, forgive me and accept my repentance, for You are the Acceptor of repentance, the Most Merciful).
Narrated by Abu Dawood (1516) and al-Tirmidhi (3430); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I never saw anyone say “Astighfir Allaah wa atoobu ilayh (I ask Allaah for forgiveness and I repent to him)” more than the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Narrated by al-Nasaa’i in al-Sunan al-Kubra (6/118).

If you want to stick to this number (one hundred) following thereby the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then you will have the reward. And if you want to do more than that, there is nothing wrong with it so long as you do not choose a specific number or a specific way; rather when doing the additional amount you should do whatever is easy for you, because it is not prescribed to set a specific number for acts of worship if it is not narrated in the shar’i texts.

And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/104818/الاستغفار

nizar83

aselemu aleikum sister, may allah ta3ala reward you for your wonderfull post..mashallah

may allah ta3ala forgive us our sins,and increase us in knowledge so that we may learn how exactly to ask for forgiveness..ameen

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
aselemu aleikum sister, may allah ta3ala reward you for your wonderfull post..mashallah

may allah ta3ala forgive us our sins,and increase us in knowledge so that we may learn how exactly to ask for forgiveness..ameen

Ameen..Ameen..Ameen!

wa baraka Allaho ta'ala feek wa wafaqaka ila ma yardhah akhi!

zahrany

MAY~u~B~HPPI~!4EVER!
MAASHA'ALLAH
I never got tired of reading it all
jazakillahu khair sis...it was very beneficial
wasalamu alaikum

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
MAASHA'ALLAH
I never got tired of reading it all
jazakillahu khair sis...it was very beneficial
wasalamu alaikum

Wa iyyaki ukhti..

Alhamdulillah..I am pleased that you found benefit in this..may Allah grant you the khair of what you read..Ameen

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear sister,

Thank you for the good read. We do tend to forget it sometimes.
Barakallahu fiki.

Waalaykumussalam wa rahmatullah.

etoile_de_mer

Wa alaykum assalaam wr wb sister!
Masha Allah for the most interesting post ever read! i am pleased ..and i Pray to Allah(swt) to reward u insha Allah..and Guide us all to success in this world n in the hereafter ameen.
yes it is definitely true ...cos i have been having a lot of problems ..and i didn't have a clue..but Allah(SWT) showed me the path of asking forgiveness and now i'm relieved ..
i feel tears coming in my eyes while typing this...but it is sooooooooooooo TRUE that ALLAH IS THE OFT FORGIVING & MOST MERCIFUL!
i read astaghfirullah after every prayer a lot of times..and each morning and afternoon i read sayyad astighfaar..and also 70 times astaghfirullah hal aliyil azweem every day.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Asslamu Alaikum

:salam2: ,
Jazakallauma khair for this post. Mashallah its a very refreshing one. I was bit low today....Alhamdulillah i'm not now.

May ALLAH SWT bless you with the best in this world and in the Hereafter. Ameen.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear sister,

Thank you for the good read. We do tend to forget it sometimes.
Barakallahu fiki.

Waalaykumussalam wa rahmatullah.

Wa baraka feeki wa wafaqaki to every khair ukhti!..

Wa alaykum assalaam wr wb sister!
Masha Allah for the most interesting post ever read! i am pleased ..and i Pray to Allah(swt) to reward u insha Allah..and Guide us all to success in this world n in the hereafter ameen.
yes it is definitely true ...cos i have been having a lot of problems ..and i didn't have a clue..but Allah(SWT) showed me the path of asking forgiveness and now i'm relieved ..
i feel tears coming in my eyes while typing this...but it is sooooooooooooo TRUE that ALLAH IS THE OFT FORGIVING & MOST MERCIFUL!
i read astaghfirullah after every prayer a lot of times..and each morning and afternoon i read sayyad astighfaar..and also 70 times astaghfirullah hal aliyil azweem every day.

I am glad to know that you are already committed to this worship ukhti..may Allah grant you its rewards at their fullest and set your heart upon worship in all of its branches so you may prosper in your dunya and your akhirah..Ameen!

where can i get the arabic form of the duas?

Do you mean the *original Arabic* or the *transliteration* (i.e. Arabic with Latin letters) of the dua'as?..because if you want the original Arabic you can just click on the links at the bottom of the post...scroll up to the top of the page and click on the Arabic choice..and it should automatically transfer you to the Arabic version of the page..if you want the transliteration however..I would be more than happy to write it for you inshallah..just let me know

:salam2: ,
Jazakallauma khair for this post. Mashallah its a very refreshing one. I was bit low today....Alhamdulillah i'm not now.

May ALLAH SWT bless you with the best in this world and in the Hereafter. Ameen.

And may he bless you comfort of the mind and the heart..and open for you the doors of ease in all of your affairs..and set your heart upon that which pleases Him and counts you amongst the prospered and the successful of the dunya and the akhirah..Ameen Ameen Ameen

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

JazakAllahu Khayran sister for such a beneficial reminder.

This thread reminded me of a hadeeth. I thought, I would share it here :-

The Prophet (PBUH) said: “"If you did not commit sins, Allah would sweep you out of existence and replace you by another people who would commit sins, ask for Allah's forgiveness and He would forgive them."” (Muslim).

Also, sister a_muslimah86, you mentioned about attaching one's heart towards repentance and doing it with concentration.
I often find it hard to keep my concentration when repeating it say 100+ times, after a while it feels like mere repetitions from the mouth. Do you have any kind of tips or suggestions to keep concentration for long portions of time ?

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

The Prophet (PBUH) said: “"If you did not commit sins, Allah would sweep you out of existence and replace you by another people who would commit sins, ask for Allah's forgiveness and He would forgive them."” (Muslim).

Also, sister a_muslimah86, you mentioned about attaching one's heart towards repentance and doing it with concentration.
I often find it hard to keep my concentration when repeating it say 100+ times, after a while it feels like mere repetitions from the mouth. Do you have any kind of tips or suggestions to keep concentration for long portions of time ?

You provided a very meaningful hadith indeed akhi...baraka Allaho feek..

As for your question..per the information posted..it's actually *best* that you don't conform your istighfaar to *one* method (as to not create a bida'ah)...so if you wish to make istighfaar 100 times *a day* for example..you certainly don't have to do it all in *one sitting*..you can break it up into "parts" (so to speak)...I think this can aid in the concentration issue...if you make istighfar with concentration and then that concentration mellows or ceases..simply stop..and resume again..later on in the day..or after doing another form of remembrance..you can also switch the dua'a of istighfaar you're using..for example if you were saying *Astaghfirullah Al-Adheem wa atobo ilayh*..switch to saying Sayyid Al-Istighfar (i.e. Allahoma la ilaha illa anta rabbi khalaqtani..wa ana 'abduka..etc.) instead...these two things should help inshallah...worrying about *counting* and using prayer beads *can* contribute to loss of concentration too..so you should try to figure out if these things distract you..

May Allah fill your heart and mind with khushu'u and ikhlaas..Ameen!

Ibn Uthaymin

"Do you mean the *original Arabic* or the *transliteration* (i.e. Arabic with Latin letters) of the dua'as?..because if you want the original Arabic you can just click on the links at the bottom of the post...scroll up to the top of the page and click on the Arabic choice..and it should automatically transfer you to the Arabic version of the page..if you want the transliteration however..I would be more than happy to write it for you inshallah..just let me know"

Oh thats clever thanks for that, may ALlah give you good.

hana*

this is what I do when doing istighfar: I vividly recall the sins i have done, whether it be for that day, the previous day or those done in the distant past. this helps me to feel regret for doing such sins, and if we can acknowledge our particular sins whilst doing istighfar then it helps prevent saying astaghfirullah from the tongue only, it ends up coming from the heart

feeling remorse is also a pre-requisite for Allah's forgiveness

I also wanted to share a hadeeth from al-bukhari, kitab al-tawhid:

on the authority of Abu Huraira: '' I heard the Messenger of Allah say: 'a servant committed a sin and he said, "O Allah, I have comitted a sin, so forgive me." Allah said "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive My servant." After some time, the man committed another sin so he said: "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said, "does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive My servant." After some time, the man committed yet another sin so he said, "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? O servant, Do as you like. I have granted you forgiveness."
He, Exalted is He, said this three times.

This is applied so long as his seeking forgiveness was not accompanied by the intention to repeat the sin afterwards.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

As for your question..per the information posted..it's actually *best* that you don't conform your istighfaar to *one* method (as to not create a bida'ah)...so if you wish to make istighfaar 100 times *a day* for example..you certainly don't have to do it all in *one sitting*..you can break it up into "parts" (so to speak)...I think this can aid in the concentration issue...if you make istighfar with concentration and then that concentration mellows or ceases..simply stop..and resume again..later on in the day..or after doing another form of remembrance..you can also switch the dua'a of istighfaar you're using..for example if you were saying *Astaghfirullah Al-Adheem wa atobo ilayh*..switch to saying Sayyid Al-Istighfar (i.e. Allahoma la ilaha illa anta rabbi khalaqtani..wa ana 'abduka..etc.) instead...these two things should help inshallah...worrying about *counting* and using prayer beads *can* contribute to loss of concentration too..so you should try to figure out if these things distract you..

May Allah fill your heart and mind with khushu'u and ikhlaas..Ameen!

JazakAllahu Khayran for taking the time to advice.. Much appreciated :)

May Allah swt give you ajar for all the beneficial reminders you have shared with your TTI family. Ameen

this is what I do when doing istighfar: I vividly recall the sins i have done, whether it be for that day, the previous day or those done in the distant past. this helps me to feel regret for doing such sins, and if we can acknowledge our particular sins whilst doing istighfar then it helps prevent saying astaghfirullah from the tongue only, it ends up coming from the heart

feeling remorse is also a pre-requisite for Allah's forgiveness

I also wanted to share a hadeeth from al-bukhari, kitab al-tawhid:

on the authority of Abu Huraira: '' I heard the Messenger of Allah say: 'a servant committed a sin and he said, "O Allah, I have comitted a sin, so forgive me." Allah said "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive My servant." After some time, the man committed another sin so he said: "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said, "does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive My servant." After some time, the man committed yet another sin so he said, "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? O servant, Do as you like. I have granted you forgiveness."
He, Exalted is He, said this three times.

This is applied so long as his seeking forgiveness was not accompanied by the intention to repeat the sin afterwards.

That is indeed a beautiful hadeeth , sister. Thanks for sharing with us.

JazakAllahu Khayran for your advice. It indeed makes a lot of sense and sounds very practical.

arzafar

Do you mean the *original Arabic* or the *transliteration* (i.e. Arabic with Latin letters) of the dua'as?..because if you want the original Arabic you can just click on the links at the bottom of the post...scroll up to the top of the page and click on the Arabic choice..and it should automatically transfer you to the Arabic version of the page..if you want the transliteration however..I would be more than happy to write it for you inshallah..just let me know

Got it!
:jazaak:

edit: actually i havent got it. the whole page turned to arabic.
so can you please post only the duas in arabic and the rest in english.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Got it!

edit: actually i havent got it. the whole page turned to arabic.
so can you please post only the duas in arabic and the rest in english.

Please pardon me akhi..you asked me to help you with this matter and I kept getting caught up with things and did not get to it..so I apologize dearly for it...and inshallah I did not cause you any inconvenience...as for the dua'as..then please read through them below...

Sayyid Al-Istighfaar (considered the best form of Istighfaar):

اللهم أنت ربي لا إله إلا أنت خلقتني وأنا عبدك وأنا على عهدك ووعدك ما استطعت أعوذ بك من شر ما صنعت أبوء لك بنعمتك علي وأبوء لك بذنبي فاغفر لي فإنه لا يغفر الذنوب إلا أنت

Another Dua'a of Istighfaar recited by Rasulullah (sallah Allaho 'alayhi wa sallam):

رب اغفر لي خطيئتي وجهلي وإسرافي في أمري كله وما أنت أعلم به مني ، اللهم اغفر لي خطاياي وعمدي وجهلي وهزلي وكل ذلك عندي ، اللهم اغفر لي ما قدمت وما أخرت وما أسررت وما أعلنت أنت المقدم وأنت المؤخر وأنت على كل شيء قدير

One more dua'a of Istighfaar...

أستغفر الله العظيم الذي لا إله إلا هو الحيَّ القيومَ وأتوب إليه

Yet another dua'a recited by Rasulullah..but this one he ('alayhi assalat wassalam) used to recite 100 times...

رب اغفر لي وتب علي إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

One last dua'a taught to Abu Bakr (radhiya Allaho 'anh wa ardhah) by Rasulullah (salla Allaho 'alayhi wassalam)...

اللهم إني ظلمت نفسي ظلماً كثيراً ولا يغفر الذنوب إلا أنت فاغفر لي مغفرةً من عندك وارحمني إنك أنت الغفور الرحيم

These are the dua'as provided in the fatwa posted in the original post...with the best one of course being *Sayyid Al-Istighfaar*...I apologize once more to you akhi for the very late response...and inshallah you will find benefit from this...

arzafar

Please pardon me akhi..you asked me to help you with this matter and I kept getting caught up with things and did not get to it..so I apologize dearly for it...and inshallah I did not cause you any inconvenience...as for the dua'as..then please read through them below...

Sayyid Al-Istighfaar (considered the best form of Istighfaar):

اللهم أنت ربي لا إله إلا أنت خلقتني وأنا عبدك وأنا على عهدك ووعدك ما استطعت أعوذ بك من شر ما صنعت أبوء لك بنعمتك علي وأبوء لك بذنبي فاغفر لي فإنه لا يغفر الذنوب إلا أنت

Another Dua'a of Istighfaar recited by Rasulullah (sallah Allaho 'alayhi wa sallam):

رب اغفر لي خطيئتي وجهلي وإسرافي في أمري كله وما أنت أعلم به مني ، اللهم اغفر لي خطاياي وعمدي وجهلي وهزلي وكل ذلك عندي ، اللهم اغفر لي ما قدمت وما أخرت وما أسررت وما أعلنت أنت المقدم وأنت المؤخر وأنت على كل شيء قدير

One more dua'a of Istighfaar...

أستغفر الله العظيم الذي لا إله إلا هو الحيَّ القيومَ وأتوب إليه

Yet another dua'a recited by Rasulullah..but this one he ('alayhi assalat wassalam) used to recite 100 times...

رب اغفر لي وتب علي إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

One last dua'a taught to Abu Bakr (radhiya Allaho 'anh wa ardhah) by Rasulullah (salla Allaho 'alayhi wassalam)...

اللهم إني ظلمت نفسي ظلماً كثيراً ولا يغفر الذنوب إلا أنت فاغفر لي مغفرةً من عندك وارحمني إنك أنت الغفور الرحيم

These are the dua'as provided in the fatwa posted in the original post...with the best one of course being *Sayyid Al-Istighfaar*...I apologize once more to you akhi for the very late response...and inshallah you will find benefit from this...

no need to be so sorry for nothing. :lol:
actually i have one more problem, this arabic doesnt look like the one i read in Pakistani qurans. is there a thread on tti which contains all the various dua's (astagfar, rabana etc) in arabic which i can read easily? If you have a pdf book containing all the various dua's in arabic with correct pronunciation (zair, zabar, mad, pesh etc), please provide it to me.