Hello all

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

May Allah have Mercy on you.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/38829982/...n-PDF-free-print-download-English-translation
i am handing you another PDF lol.
i think you are really sincere mashallah,ofcourse the questions you have are the worry of any muslim as well and not just now but FOREVER because Quran says WE CREATED LIFE AND DEATH TO SEE WHICH OF YOU IS THE BEST IN DEEDS.
The best DEED by far my brother is to proclaim 'Lailahaillallah ,There is no God.......Except THE GOD -ALLAH.

i exhort you to read how the companions of the Prophet fared when the call of islam was raised by the prophet ---all alone against a people given to idolatry.
please read it download it.whenever my kmotivation is less and i look at the world thinking how i read the stories of these people the sahaba the companions chosen by Allah to accompany the prophet peace and blessings be on him and renew my commitment.
:)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/39048766/The-Companions-of-Prophet-Muhammad-SAW

Zarif

My journey continues, dear Muslims.

My meeting with two Muslim gentlemen from the area was a great experience.

I was given some books and I was very glad to get a good set of instructions on how to pray and how to handle a printed Koran. They actually gave me one! I wash my hands and say "Bismillah" before I touch it.

I'm now doing a lot of thinking and consideration of the belief in the hereafter and also the Prophet's (pbuh) true claim to be the final messenger. These two things are yet to be kindled in me. Once I have no more doubt about these I will certainly say my Shadaha.

many thanks, and please keep asking the Creator for his guidance for me.

a_stranger

Peace be with you brother:
I ask Allah sobhanahu wa taala : the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing to make everything easy for all of us.

Muhtadii

:salam2:
most welcome zarif, اھلا و سہلا
i just want u to recite this by ur heart as often as u can, especially when u r confused: 'ya Haadi, ya Raheem' (یا ھادی یا رحیم) meaning O the Merciful, O the Guide.

:wasalam:

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

This article presents the amazing relationship between two individuals; the first is an ignorant Arabic (Abu Lahab) in the year of 611 and the second is a Canadian Professor (Gary Miller) in 1977.

The historical background of Abu Lahab' story

It is narrated that, Allah has commanded His Prophet Muhammad:

"And warn your tribe of near kindred" (Verse 26: 214)

Then, one day, in the year of 611, Muhammad climbed a hill in Mecca and shouted: ‘O household of (and he named all the fathers of his tribe), Come to me!’ And so all his tribe gathered around him; (some came in person and some sent their own emissary).

They said: ‘What ails you?’

He said: ‘If I were to tell you that the enemy is going to attack you in the morning or in the evening, would you believe me?’

They said: ‘Indeed, we would believe you’.

He said: ‘In that case, I am a Warner sent to you against a tremendous chastisement’. I have nothing in my possession which will save you from Allah’s chastisement nor can I promise you any share from this world unless you say: there is no deity except Allah’.

Abu Lahab said in response: ‘May you perish, is this why you have summoned all of us here?’

Then, the Prophet threatened him with the chastisement in the Hereafter,

However, he said, ‘If what my brother’s son says is true, then I shall ransom myself from it with my wealth and sons!’

And so Allah, revealed (The power of Abu Lahab will perish, and he will perish…) up to the end of the Surah No. 111”.

Abu Lahab died 10 years after this event.

Who is Abu Lahab?

His name: Abdul Uzza (means the slave of Uzza; Uzza was an idol)

His nickname: Abu Lahab. Abu means father of, Lahab means flames, and so, Abu Lahab means the Father of the Flames which was given to him on account of his flaming reddish fair face.

He was one of the strongest enemies of Islam.

He was very rich, proud man who boasted about his wealth and used it against Islam.

He and his wife hurt the Prophet Muhammad very much.

A man called Rabi`ah ibn `Abbad said:

“I saw the Prophet Muhammad in the market and he was saying, ‘O people! Say there is none worthy of worship except Allah and you will be successful.’ The people were gathered around him and behind him was a man with a bright face, squint eyes and two braids in his hair. He was saying, ‘He (Muhammad) is an apostate and a liar!’

This man was following the Prophet wherever he went. I asked who he was and the people replied, ‘This is his uncle, Abu Lahab.’”

There are many stories of this kind narrated about the ceaseless, hideous treatment and futile statements of Abu Lahab against Prophet Mohammad which can be counted as reasons for why the verses, under discussion, criticize and curse him and his wife so clearly and severely.

In short, Abu Lahab had transgressed all limits in his mad hostility to Muhammad and his attitude was becoming a serious obstruction in the progress of Islam.

Who is Abu Lahab's wife?

Her name: Umm Jamīl

She used to tie bundles of thorny branches with ropes of twisted palm leaf fiber, carrying them and scattering them about on dark nights along the paths, which the Prophet was expected to take, with the expressed intention of wounding his feet and causing him bodily injury, causing the Prophet Muhammad to walk with bleeding wounds.

She was a talebearer who used to go between the Muslims and disbelievers and spread lies among them about each other.

She was a squint-eyed woman equally bad tempered, like her husband; mischievous and grossly wicked. She cooperated with him in hostilities and hindrances against Islam.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the Quran says about Abu-Lahab and his wife?

Surah (Chapter) 111, in five verses, talks about Abu-Lahab and his wife.

Surah (Chapter) 111, Verses 1-5, Pickthal translation:

1 the power of Abu Lahab will perish and he will perish.

2 his wealth and gains will not exempt him.

3 he will be plunged in flaming fire,

4 and his wife, the wood-carrier,

5 will have upon her neck a halter (twisted rope) of palm-fiber.

The meaning of Chapter 111

Verse 1: Perish, ruined be, the hands of Abu Lahab, in other words, all of him.

And perish him! May he be ruined! ‘God destroyed him and he indeed is destroyed’. This curse is the response to Abu Lahab's saying to the Prophet 'May you perish!' when he gathered them together and invited them to the profession of God's oneness

Verse 2: His abundant wealth will not avail him in the Hereafter when he is brought to the Fire; and what he has earned and gained, that is to say, his sons; will not exempt or save him in the Hereafter.

Verse 3: He will be plunged in the Hereafter in flaming fire which will kindle and rage with flames, Abu Lahab will be enveloped by the Fire in the Hereafter; a flaming fire, that has no smoke.

Verse 4: And his wife, the carrier of firewood, cactus and thorns will be with him

Verse 5: She will have upon her neck a halter of palm fiber and this halter will distress her very much; it is also said that she will have an iron chain on her neck. That is, in the Fire it will be an iron chain like the iron pulley with which she will be dragged into it. She will be known by this distinguishing mark in Hell, just as she was well-known for hostility towards the Prophet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Islamic Scholars say that Chapter 111 is one of the miracles of the Quran

Islamic Scholars say that if Abu Lahab (and his wife) would have embraced Islam the whole Quran would have been in question. Because Quran clearly dictated that Abu Lahab (and his wife) will dwell in the Eternal Fire in the Hereafter, and both Abu Lahab (and his wife) did not embraced Islam and died as being unbelievers.

It should be emphasized that Abu Lahab (and his wife) had the chance to do that for Ten years (= 365 X 10 days). This means that Abu Lahab had 3,650 chances if he, one day, would have said that he is a Muslim and he believes in Allah, Muhammad and the Quran. In this case, the Divine nature of the Quran would have been suspicious and the trustfulness of the entire Quran would have been questionable. Also, Abu Lahab's wife had the same 3,650 chances to prove that the Quran is not revealed by Allah.

Chapter 111 was revealed at a time when no one but Allah could say who will or will not become believers later on. Many of the most severe opponents in the early days of Islam became devoted followers in later days, but not this couple (Abu Lahab and his wife). They tried everything to oppose, ridicule, and disprove the Quran. One would expect that they would also pretend to become believers just to throw doubt on the accuracy of the Quran. But they did not apply this obvious strategy. The logic question is what prevented them; if not the knowledge of Allah who knows that they will never believe or even try to claim that?

Not only that but there were at least 1,200 opponents of Islam around Abu Lahab and none of them had proposed to or encouraged Abu Lahab and/or his wife to claim that they are believers.

This increase the chance to 10 years X 365 days X 1200 opponents = 4, 38 Million chances to prove that the Quran is not revealed by Allah and Muhammad is a liar. However, this never happened.

For this reason, this Surah contains a clear miracle from Allah. Allah revealed this Surah before Abu Lahab’s death and his wife’s death. He informed them that they would roast in the Fire, which necessarily means that they would never accept Islam. This is what happened, exactly as the Knower of the unseen, Allah, informed us!

Abu Lahab and the Canadian Professor Gary Miller

Who is Gary Miller?

Professor Gary Miller, the active Canadian preacher and mathematics and logic lecturer at Toronto University, decided to provide a great service to Christianity through exposing scientific and historical errors in the Quran in such a way that would be beneficial to him and his fellow preachers in calling Muslims to Christianity. However, the result was completely to the contrary. Miller's writings were fair and his study and comments were positive, even better than many Muslims would write about the Quran. He considered the Quran, as it should be and reached the conclusion that it cannot be a work of a human being.

What Gary Miller says about the story of Abu Lahab?

In his lecture, "The Amazing Quran", 1977, Gary Miller said:

"Prophet Muhammad had an uncle by the name of Abu Lahab. This man hated Islam to such an extent that he used to follow the Prophet around in order to discredit him. If Abu Lahab saw the Prophet speaking to a stranger, he would wait until they parted and he would go to the stranger and ask him, "What did he tell you? Did he say, 'Black'? Well, it's white. Did he say 'morning'? Well, it's night." He faithfully said the exact opposite of whatever he
heard Muhammad and the Muslims say. However, about ten years before Abu Lahab died; a little chapter in the Quran (Surah 111) was revealed about him. It distinctly stated that he would go to the fire (i.e., Hell). In other words, it affirmed that he would never become a Muslim and would therefore be condemned forever.

For ten years all Abu Lahab had to do was say, "I heard that it has been revealed to Muhammad that I will never change - that I will never become a Muslim and will enter the Hellfire. Well, I want to become Muslim now.

How do you like that? What do you think of your divine revelation now?" But he never did that. And yet, that is exactly the kind of behavior one would have expected from him since he always sought to contradict Islam.
In essence, Muhammad said, "You hate me and you want to finish me? Here, say these words, and I am finished. Come on, say them!"

But Abu Lahab never said them. Ten years!
And in all that time he never accepted Islam or even became sympathetic to the Islamic cause.
How could Muhammad possibly have known for sure that Abu Lahab would fulfill the Quranic revelation if he (i.e., Muhammad) was not truly the messenger of Allah? How could he possibly have been so confident as to give someone 10 years to discredit his claim of prophethood?

The only answer is that he was Allah's messenger; for in order to put forth such a risky challenge, one has to be entirely convinced that he has a divine revelation."

And it was actually Abu Lahab's story that made Dr Gary Miller become Muslim.

(ArticlesBase SC #1829061)

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

A very important Christian missionary converted to Islam and became a major herald for Islam, he was a very active missionary and was very knowledgeable about the Bible. This man likes mathematics so much, that's why he likes logic. One day, he decided to read the Qur'an to try to find any mistakes that he might take advantage of while inviting Muslims to convert to Christianity. He expected the Qur'an to be an old book written 14 centuries ago, a book that talks about the desert and so on. He was amazed from what he found.

He discovered that this Book had what no other book in the world has. He expected to find some stories about the hard time that the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) had, like the death of his wife Khadijah (may Allah be pleased with her) or the death of his sons and daughters. However, he did not find anything like that. And what made him even more confused is that he found a full "Sura" (chapter) in the Qur'an named "Mary" that contains a lot of respect to Mary (peace be upon her) which is not the case even in the books written by Christians nor in their Bibles. He did not find a Sura named after "Fatimah"(the prophet's daughter) nor "Aishah" (the Prophet's wife), may Allah (God) be pleased with both of them. He also found that the name of Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) was mentioned in the Qur'an 25 times while the name of "Muhammad" (Peace Be Upon Him) was mentioned only 4 times, so he became more confused. He started reading the Qur'an more thoroughly hoping to find a mistake but he was shocked when he read a great verse which is verse number 82 in Surat Al-Nisa'a (Women) that says:

“Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy”.

Dr Miller says about this verse: “One of the well known scientific principles is the principle of finding mistakes or looking for mistakes in a theory until it’s proved to be right (Falsification Test). What’s amazing is that the Holy Qur'an asks Muslims and non-muslims to try to find mistakes in this book and it tells them that they will never find any”. He also says about this verse: "No writer in the world has the courage to write a book and say that it’s empty of mistakes, but the Qur'an, on the contrary, tells you that it has no mistakes and asks you to try to find one and you won’t find any."

Dr. Gary Miller.

Another verse that Dr Miller reflected on for a long time is the verse number 30 in Surat “Al-Anbiya” (The Prophets):

“ Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of Creation), before We clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"

He says: ”This verse is exactly the subject of the scientific research that won the Noble Prize in 1973 and was about the theory of the “Great Explosion”. According to this theory, the universe was the result of a great explosion that lead to the formation of the universe with its skies and planets.

Dr Miller says: “Now we come to what’s amazing about the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and what’s pretended about the devils helping him, God says:

“No evil ones have brought down this (Revelation), it would neither suit them nor would they be able (to produce it). Indeed they have been removed far from even (a chance of) hearing it.” The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 26, Verses 210-212.

“When thou does read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the Rejected One” The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 16, Verse 98.

You see? Can this be the devil’s way to write a book? how can he write a book then tells you to ask God for protection from this devil before reading that book? Those are miraculous verses in this miraculous book! and has a logical answer to those who pretend that it’s from the devil”

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

dear brother ,

i hv put in some pdfs though didnot find exactly the material i was lookin for but i can hv no idea as to what 'exact' flame will kindle the light in ones heart after all we have diferent approaches to the truth ,hence i will try to explain my point pf view on the two aspects of faith belief in the messengers and hereafter.of course other brothers sisters are invited to expand it further.

1) Quran was revealed on Prophet Muhammad [saw] .its verses are the wiord of Allah,our heart ,intellect and science testify to the same.
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6902&d=1266265315
there are some interesting books in regard to quran and science in the pdf section of introductions.
so we believe that Quran is the Word of Allah and hence Muhammad pbuh is the messenger of Allah for having conveyed it to us

2)the life of the prophet [saw]
http://www.scribd.com/doc/23367922/The-Sealed-Nectar

when you read it you will see it is not the life of a liar or madman two categories of blames that can be labelled on anyone claiming to be a prophet.
if he lied he cud have for lust for power for money we know that he was offered all this for giving up his mission very early in his career if his intentions were such he would not have gone through all the pain and distress he went through to achieve this.

his bravery and reliance on Allah his participation in battles and his engrossedness with worship and consciousness of Allah at all timesdonot show us anything but truthfulness.

he was known in the society as amin and sadiq-the truthful and trustworthy why would he risk his reputation and nobility in the society at the advanced age of forty to change the world. his enemies deposited their valuables with him.

the companions of the prophet,his enemies and even those who were not fortunate enuf to be destined to convert to islam like his beloved uncle testified to his truthfulness.

some incidents which touch me as extra ordinary are when he was offered everything in the beginning but refused,that he was one of the last muslims to leave mecca when persecution was at its worst,when he was being chased and he and his friend abu bakr hid in a cave and
The young men of Quraysh who were chosen to kill Muhammad continued their search and came close to the cave fully armed and ready for the kill. When they found a shepherd in the vicinity, they asked him about Muhammad and Abu Bakr. He answered, "Perhaps they are within the cave, although I have not seen anyone go in or out." When he heard the shepherd's answer, Abu Bakr trembled with fear and expected the Quraysh to break into the cave any moment. He withdrew into a corner and, trusting in God, remained motionless. At that moment, Muhammad prayed while Abu Bakr continued to shake with fear. To Abu Bakr, who pressed ever closer to Muhammad, the latter whispered, "Do not grieve; God is with us." According to some Hadith books, it is reported that when the Quraysh party arrived at the cave entrance, Abu Bakr exclaimed: "If any one of them looks at his feet he will find us," and that the Prophet had answered, "O Abu Bakr, how can you fear for two men whose constant companion is God Himself?" The Quraysh men were further convinced that the cave was empty when they saw the entrance to the cave covered indeed blocked with branches growing from a tree nearby. They then agreed to leave and called one another for their return to Makkah. Only then did the two refugees within the cave feel reassured. Abu Bakr's faith in God and His Prophet became stronger, and Muhammad prayed: "Praise be to God! God is greater than all!"

in the words of God
"When the unbelievers plotted to imprison you, to kill you or to banish you, God planned on your behalf, and He is the best of planners. . . If you [the people] do not help Muhammad, then know that God Will. For God helped him when the unbelievers drove him out, and he and his companion hid in the cave. At that time, the Prophet said to his companion, `Grieve not for God is with us.' It was then that God sent down his peace upon him and assisted him with hosts invisible that the word of God might be supreme and that of the unbelievers might be repudiated. God is almighty and all wise."[Qur'an, 8:30; 9:40]

also even if you listen to or read the hadith the saying of prophet Muhammad saw who will find a distinct style than that of the Quran .in my own opinion even though i have read translations the eloquence and grandeur of quran is in sharp contrast to the simple yet noble speech of Muhammad saw. revelation lasted 23 years and it is impossible for a person to have maintained this duality throughout.

then
We didn’t hear, read or know someone greater than our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in what he offered to his Nation and to all Mankind.

Muhammad has given the greatest qualities by the Almighty Allah…

He is justice: Who said:” If Fatima- my daughter – did steal, I would cut her hand.”

He is modest: Who said to a woman who was awed by him:”Calm down; I’m just the son of a woman from Quraish who used to eat dried Bread.”

He is the worshiper: Who used to pray till he get swelled legs and cracked feet; so that his wife Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) told him:” Oh Messenger of Allah, why are you doing that to yourself since Allah overlooked all your past and future faults? The Prophet replied:” That’s why I like to be a thankful worshiper.”

The Prophet is also described as being so generous with no fear of poverty

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said:” Muhammad never refused helping anyone for the sake of Islam. He gave a man a drove of sheep so that the man went back to his tribe saying:” Follow Muhammad who is so generous and doesn’t fear poverty.”

“He also gave Safwan bin Umaiah in the Day of Hunain 100’s of cattle.” Narrated by Muslim

Who is as generous as him (PBUH)?

Who can give such gifts except him (PBUH).

Even the rich never give such gifts, and if they do, because they are rich, but Muhammad gives and may spend days hungry!

Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: “Muhammad was very generous especially in the holy month of Ramadan (the fasting month).”

“The Prophet once received 70 thousand Dirham and started to give all needy till all the money finished.” Narrated by Abu Al Sheikh

He is the brave Leader who stands in the front lines in all Battles

Al Baraa’ (may Allah be pleased with him) reported:” We were protecting ourselves behind the Prophet when the Battles were very strong and the bravest among us was fighting side by side with him (PBUH).” Narrated by Muslim

And Ali (May Allah by pleased with him) reported:” When the Battles were overpowered, we were protecting ourselves behind the Prophet.” Narrated by Ahmad, and many other scholars.

*Notice that Al Baraa’ (the reporter of the 1st Hadith) is a very brave man, where as Ali (the reporter of the 2ed Hadith) is so much famous in his bravery and courage.

See how the bravest of men were not as brave as Muhammad (PBUH).

A man told Al Baraa’:” how could you leave the Prophet in the Day of Hunain?” Al Baraa’ replied “But the Prophet did not.” Agreed upon.

Al Baraa’ also said:” The Prophet was the best, the bravest and the most generous among all.”

He was gentle and patient with those hurting him (PBUH). When he conquered Makkah he forgave his folk who hurt and insulted him for years.

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: “A man came to the Prophet and spoke to him in a very bad way saying:” Oh Muhammad, give me some of Allah’s gifts you have.” The Prophet looked at him and smiled, then he ordered giving him the money he needed.” Agreed upon

Muhammad is the one having all great qualities and generous merits. Allah describes him in his Holy Quran: ”for the believers he is full of pity, kind and merciful.” (9/128)

Al Hassan Al Basri said commenting on a verse in the Holy Quran:”It was by the mercy of Allah that you were lenient with them “(3/159), he commented:” This is Muhammad’s morals, mentioned by the Almighty Allah.”

Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said in describing the Prophet:” He was the most generous among men, the most delighted, the most honest in speech, very lenient, the best in companionship, respected by anyone seeing him, loved by anyone knowing him and the one describing him must say” I never saw and wont see anybody like him.” Narrated by Al Tirmithi, Abi Shaiba and Al Baihaki

This is just a drop out of a sea full of great qualities of the Prophet….

This is a reminder to everyone reading…

These are Muhammad’s Morals….So where are the real lovers and real followers?

Allah’s Peace and Blessings be upon him.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

All praise and gratitude is to Allah – our Creator, Provider and the Maintainer of all the worlds.

Muslims believe that Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) was the final prophet of God, sent to the whole of mankind to call the people to worship The Creator alone, and show praise and gratitude to Him. The following are some proofs of his Prophethood.
1 . Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) was raised illiterate, unable to read or write, and remained like that till his death. Among all his people, he was known as being truthful and trustworthy. Before receiving revelation, he had no prior knowledge of Religion or any previously sent Message. He remained like that for his first forty years. Revelation then came to Muhammad with the Qur’an that we have in our hands today. This Qur’an mentioned most of the accounts found in the previous scriptures, telling us about these events in the greatest detail as if he witnessed them. These accounts came precisely as they were found in the Torah sent down to Moses and in the Gospel sent down to Jesus.

2. Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) also foretold of things that would occur to him and his community after him, pertaining to victory, the removal of the tyrannical kingdoms of Choruses [the royal title for the Zoroastrian kings of Persia] and Caesar, and the establishment of the religion of Islam throughout the earth. These events occurred exactly as Muhammad foretold, as if he was reading the future from an open book.

3. Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) also brought an Arabic Qur’an that is the peak of eloquence and clarity. The Qur’an challenged those eloquent and fluent Arabs of his time, who initially belied him, to bring forth a single chapter like the Qur’an. The eloquent Arabs of his day were unable to contest this Qur’an. Indeed, till our day, none has ever dared to claim that he has been able to compose words that equal-or even approach-the order, grace, beauty, and splendor of this Glorious Qur’an.

4. The life history of this Noble Prophet was a perfect example of being upright, merciful, compassionate, truthful, brave, generous, distant from all evil character, and ascetic in all worldly matters, while striving solely for the reward of the Hereafter. Moreover, in all his actions and dealings, he was ever mindful and fearful of The Creator.

5. Allah instilled great love for Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) in the hearts of all who believed in and met him. This love reached such a degree that any of his companions would willingly sacrifice his (or her) self, mother or father for him. Till today, those who believe in Muhammad honor and love him. Anyone of those who believe in him would ransom his own family and wealth to see him, even if but once.

6. All of history has not preserved the biography of any person in the manner it has preserved the life of Muhammad, who is the most influential human in history. Nor has the entire earth known of anyone whom every morning and evening, and many times thereafter throughout the day, are thought of by those who believe in him. Upon remembering Muhammad, the believers in him will greet him and ask Allah to bless him. They do such with full hearts and true love for him.

7. Nor has there been a man on earth whom is still followed in all his doings by those who believe in him. Those who believe in Muhammad sleep in the manner he slept; purify themselves (through ablution and ritual washing) in the manner he purified himself; and adhere to his practice in the way they eat, drink, and clothe themselves.
Indeed in all aspects of their lives, the believers in Muhammad adhere to the teachings he spread among them and the path that he traveled upon during his life.
During every generation, from his day till our time, the believers in this Noble prophet have fully adhered to his teachings.
Let alone all that, all those who believe in Muhammad repeat those praises of Allah, special prayers, and invocations that he would say during each of his actions, supplicating to Allah during day and night, like: what he would say when he greeted people, upon entering and leaving the house, entering and leaving the mosque, entering and leaving the bathroom, going to sleep and awaking from sleep, observing the new crescent, observing the new fruit on trees, eating, drinking, dressing, riding, traveling and returning from travel, etc.
All those who believe in Muhammad fully perform-even to the minute detail-every act of worship-like prayer, fasting, charity, and pilgrimage-as this Noble Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) taught and as he himself performed. All of this allows those who believe in him, to live their lives in all aspects with this Noble Messenger as their example, as if he was standing before them, for them to follow in all their doings.

8. There has never been, nor will there ever be a man anywhere upon this earth who has received such love, respect, honor, and obedience in all matters-small and large alike-as has this Noble Prophet.

9. Since his day, in every region of the earth and during every period, this Noble Prophet has been followed by individuals from all races, colors and peoples. Many of those who followed him were previously Christians, Jews, pagans, idolaters, or without any religion. Among those who chose to follow him, were those who were known for their sound judgment, wisdom, reflection, and foresight. They chose to follow this Noble Prophet after they witnessed the signs of his truthfulness and the evidences of his miracles. They did not choose to follow Muhammad out of compulsion or coercion or because they had adopted the ways of their fathers and mothers. Indeed many of the followers of this Prophet (may Allah's blessings peace be upon him), chose to follow him during the time when Islam was weak, when there were few Muslims, and when there was severe persecution of his followers on earth. Most people who have followed this Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) have done so not to acquire some material benefits. Indeed many of his followers have suffered the greatest forms of harm and persecution as a result of following this Prophet.
Despite all this harm and persecution, this did not turn them back from his religion. All of this clearly indicates, that this Prophet was truly and really Allah's messenger and that he was not just a man who claimed prophet hood or spoke about Allah without knowledge.

10. With all this, Muhammad came with a great religion in its creedal and legal make-up. Muhammad described Allah with qualities of complete perfection, and at the same time in a manner that is free of ascribing to Him any imperfection. Neither the philosophers nor the wise could ever describe Allah like such. Indeed it is impossible to imagine that any human mind could conceive of an existing being that possesses such complete ability, knowledge, and greatness; who has subdued the creation and has encompassed everything in the universe, small or large; and possesses such perfect mercy. Nor is it in the ability of any human being to place a perfect law based upon justice, equality, mercy and objectivity for all human activity on earth like the laws that Muhammad brought for all spheres of human activity - like buying and selling, marriage and divorce, renting, testimony, custody, and all other contracts that are necessary to uphold life and civilization on earth.

11. It is impossible that any person conceive wisdom, morals, good manners, nobleness of characters as what this honorable Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) brought. In a full and complete manner, Muhammad spread a teaching regarding character and manners toward one's parents, relatives, fiends, family, humanity, animals, plants and inanimate objects. It is impossible for the human mind alone to grasp all of that teaching or come with a similar teaching. All of that unequivocally indicates that this Messenger did not bring this religion from his own accord, but that it was rather a teaching and inspiration that he received from the One Who created the earth and the high heavens above and created this universe in its miraculous architecture and perfection.

12. The legal and creedal make-up of the religion that the Messenger, Muhammad, (may Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) brought resembles the engineering of the heavens and the earth. All of that indicates that He who created the heavens and the earth is the One Who sent down this great law and upright religion. The degree of inimitability of the Divine law that was sent down upon Muhammad is to the same degree of inimitability of the Divine creation of the heavens and earth. For just as humanity cannot create this universe, in the same manner humanity cannot bring forth a law like Allah's law that He sent down upon His servant and messenger Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him).

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

i like this incident because when the bravest of men fled he stood there along with his best companions---
according to Ibn Ishaq, Jabir Ibn Abdullah who witnessed Hunain, said, "When we approached the vallay of Hunain we come through a valley wide and sloping. We were descending gradually in the morning twilight. Then enemy had got there before us and had hidden themselves in it by paths and side tracks and narrow places. The had collected and were fully prepared, and by Allah we were terrified when, as we were coming down, the squadrons attacked us on man, the people fled none heeding the other. The men ran away except that a number of Muhajrun and Ansar and men of his family remained with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). The Muhajirun who stood firm were Abu Bakr and Umar: of his family Ali, Al- Abbas, and Abu Sufyan Ibn Al-Harith and his son and Al-Fadl Ibn Abbas, Rabi Ibn Al- Harith, Usamah Ibn Zaid and Ayman Ibn Umm Ayman Ibn Ubaid who was killed that day.
On seeing the men fleeing, The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) withdrew to the right and said, " Where are you going, men? Come to me. I am Allah's Messenger. I am Muhammad the son of Abdullah." And not for nothing did the camels bump one into the other In this context, Al-Bukhari narrated on the authority of Abu Ishaq who said, "I heard Al-Bara' narration when a man come and said to hi, 'O Abu Umara! Did you flee on the day of Hunain?' Al-Bara' replied, 'I testify that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) did not flee, but the hasty people hurried away and the people of Hawazin threw arrows at them. At that time, Abu Sufyan Ibn Al-Harith was holding the whit mule of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) by the head, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was saying, "I am the Prophet undoubtedly: I am the son of Abdul-Muttalib." Finally a hundred men were gathered by him and they went forward and fought

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

i love this incident tooo

ADI, SON OF HATIM (Ibn-e-Hatim)

Before the advent of Islam, there were in Arabia autonomous tribal chiefs. The people were used to the rule of their chiefs and obeyed them; and often paid them tributes and taxes. The well-known generous Hatim, of the tribe of Tai, was one of the tribal chiefs of Arabia. His son, Adi, succeeded him after his death and the Tribe submitted to his rule. He was taxing them to the extent of one-fourth of their income every year. His lordship coincided with the advent of the Prophet Muhammad (saw). The Tai tribes were idol-worshippers, but himself was a Christian, but kept his beliefs secret from his people. The people, after being acquainted with the liberal teachings of Islam, felt themselves relieved from the burden of their lords who had hitherto imposed their rule upon the people. Owing to this fact, Adi, like other lords used to look upon Islam as the greatest danger for himself; and was harboring enmity against the Prophet Muhammad (saw). But the die was cast. People were embracing Islam in increasingly large numbers; and the religion of Allah was advancing day by day. He knew that the day was near when the Muslims would come looking for him also, and that would be the end of his lordship. He therefore, instructed his special steward, a slave, to always keep strong and light-footed camels ready near his camp and to remain watchful.

One day the slave came to him and said, "Make whatever arrangements you want to make as the Muslims are very close". Adi mounted his family on the camels and took whatever valuables and luggage he could take, and escaped to Damascus (Syria) where the people were of his religion. But in the confusion, he forgot to take his sister, Saffana with him; and she was left behind.

The Muslims defeated the tribe in the battle; and some were made captives. Muslims brought Saffana to Medina along-with other captives and related the story of Adi's escapade to the Prophet Muhammad (saw).

The prisoners were sheltered in a low-walled compound near the Mosque. One day, the Prophet Muhammad (saw), while going to the Mosque passed beside the enclosure. Saffana, intelligent and talkative as she was, moved from her place and said:

"My father is dead; my guardian is hiding; be generous to me, God will be generous to you".

Prophet Muhammad (saw): "Who is your guardian?"

"Adi, son of Hatim"

"The one who has run away from God and His Prophet Muhammad (saw)?"

Saying these words the Prophet Muhammad (saw) went away, Next day again she repeated the same words, heard the same reply. Her plea produced no result. The third day, having lost her hopes, she decided to keep silent. But a young man walking behind the Prophet Muhammad (saw) made signs to her to repeat her demand. She repeated the same words. The Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, "Very well, I am waiting for some reliable man from your tribe. As soon as such a man is found I shall send you with him to your tribe. Inform me if you find such a person who has come to Medina".

She asked the people who was the young man walking behind the Prophet Muhammad (saw) who had encouraged her to repeat her demand. They said he was Imam Ali (a.s.).

After some time, Saffana informed the Prophet Muhammad (saw) that some men of her tribe had come to Medina. The Prophet Muhammad (saw) gave her a new dress, some cash for meeting the expense of the journey and a camel to ride on. She went along with them to her brother in Syria.

When she saw her brother, she reproached him and said, "You brought out your wife and children forgot me the memory of your father!" Adi apologized to her. Then, as she was an intelligent woman, Adi consulted her about his plan. He asked:

"What do you advise me to do, since you have seen Prophet Muhammad from near? Should I join him or keep aloof from him?"

"I believe you should join him. If he is a Prophet of God it will be a credit to your honor and nobleness. And if he is not a Prophet, and only wants to be a worldly ruler, then in a place (Medina) which is not far from Yemen (your place), nobody will dare to dishonor you, because of the honor and respect you have among the people of Yemen. Either way, your honor is guaranteed".

The idea appealed to Adi. He decided to go Medina and to observe the Prophet Muhammad's (saw) manners minutely. If he was a Prophet, he would follow him like other Muslims. But in case he was only a man with worldly ambitions of power and pelf, then he would cooperate with him to the extent of the common benefits of both.

He entered the Mosque of Medina and saluted to the Prophet Muhammad (saw). The Prophet Muhammad (saw) accorded him due respect and took him to his house.

On their way a haggard woman caught hold of the garment of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) and entered into a discussion with him. A long time passed; and the Prophet Muhammad (saw) answered all her questions with kindness and patience.

Adi said to himself, "This is the one sign from the character of this man that he is a Prophet. People having worldly ambitions do not have such a disposition and temperament of replying to a poor old woman with so much patience and kindness."

When they entered the house Adi found his life most simple and unpretentious. There was only a quilt, which the Prophet Muhammad (saw) used to sit upon, but now he spread it for Adi to sit. Adi insisted that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) should sit upon the quilt; but he flatly refused. Ultimately, Adi sat upon the quilt and the Prophet Muhammad (saw) sat on the ground. Adi said to himself, "This is the second sign of the character of this man, This is the character of the Prophets."

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) turned to him and said, "But was not your religion Christianity?" Adi said "Yes, why?" The Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, "then why, and on what grounds, were you taking one-fourth of the income of your people? Is it not inadmissible in your religion?"

Adi, who had kept his religion secret even from his closest relatives, was surprised to hear it from the Prophet Muhammad (saw). He said to himself, "this is the third sign that this man is a Prophet".

Then the Prophet Muhammad (saw) said: "You are looking at the present poverty and helplessness of the Muslims. You find that the Muslims today are living in distress. They are surrounded by crowds of enemies and have no security of their lives and properties. They have no power in their hands. By God, the time is not far when such a vast wealth will come to them that there will be no poor among them. By God, their enemies will be vanquished and there will exist such a perfect peace and order that a woman shall be able to travel from Iraq to Hijaz alone and nobody will trouble her. By God, the time is near when the white palaces of Babylonia will come under the hands of the Muslims".

Adi embraced Islam (converts to islam) with perfect Faith and Sincerity and remained faithful to the end of his life. He lived upon the years after the Prophet Muhammad (saw). He always remembered the talks of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) in his first meeting with him, and the forecasts at that time, about the future of Muslims. He used to say, "By God, in my life-time I saw Muslim conquering the white palaces of Babylonia, and there is such a peace and order that a woman can travel from Iraq to Hijaz without anybody troubling her. By God, I am sure a day will come when there will be no poor among the Muslims".

"There is no god worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (saw) is His Prophet."
These are the words that a person says to enter the fold of Islam. The Shahada, or declaration of faith, is a covenant that the person makes with Allah: that he/she will continue to obey Allah, and walk in the footsteps of our Prophet Muhammad (saw). It is the first step to complete obedience to the Lord of all.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

now u shud read urself and find incidents from the prophets life which appeal to u
http://www.scribd.com/doc/23367922/The-Sealed-Nectar
then we will talk about the hereafter :)

All the Prophets of God have called their people to believe in it. 2)Whenever a human society is built on the basis of this belief, it has been the most ideal and peaceful society, free of social and moral evils. 3)History bears witness that whenever this belief is rejected collectively by a group of people in spite of the repeated warning of the Prophet, the group as a whole has been punished by God even in this world. 4)Moral, aesthetic and rational faculties of man endorse the possibility of the life after death. 5)God’s attributes of Justice and Mercy have no meaning if there is no life after death

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

i like the fact that
1) there is a soul which science cant explain
2 nor explain where it comes from and where it goes.
3 the one who made it first under a purpose must also give the results of the good and bad.

4 the hereafter is the place for MORAL cause and effect which cannot be implemented here in the physical world.

one man kills two or three peopkle but he can be killed only once.not in the hereafter where even hitler can be roasted 6million times.\

similarly the good done by prophets and goodmen whose good lasts and benfits humanity cannot be justly rewarded in this one life.so on to everlasting paradise and the good pleasure of Allah!

u can download hadith from www.imaanstar.com

Zarif

Thank you all!

All:

I really, REALLY appreciate all the links, and thoughts, and encouragements, especially to pray.

I have so much to learn, all in due time. I'm going through a lot of information, and at the same time I do pray to the Creator as often as I can about my life and what to do with it. There are times I pray, knowing that I'm probably not doing it well, but it comes from the heart. There are other times I pray that I do it because I know that seekers are supposed to... at those times, is it right to hope that the Creator will look beyond the fact that sometimes it's a 'because I should' instead of 'because I really feel it'? Perhaps it's better to fear the Creator and do it anyhow?

I will admit, to a former Evangelical christian (I left the beliefs 12 years ago), it seems to me against what I had been taught that Muslims would seek the Creator's involvement so much in their lives. I'm so glad that what I was taught back then seems to be quite opposite the truth.

If there is anyone who does pray for folks like me who are seeking, pray that the "complete confidence" is made a reality if the Creator so wills it. I have learned a great deal more about the Prophet (pbuh, I say that with respect even as a guy who is looking in from the outside). I have yet to reach the point where I know that Muhammed (pbuh) was the last messenger, but I know he was a wonderful man, completely honest and true to his revelations, greatly humble, equinanimous to all. I know that the Koran is also a very unique book, in no way is it comparable to any other book... there is something so special about it.

I just don't think i'm at the point where logical arguments will convince me. There's plenty of information out there, plenty of facts, plenty of sound arguments and lots and lots of commentary. For this guy, it's a faith issue. I must never put my faith in empty things again. I was wrongly guided in the past, and I pursued that wrong path with great passion, fully convinced it was the ultimate truth... yet all of it was empty in the end. Now, considering Islam is of my own choice as a mature(r) grown man. No one is around me to influence me, or tell me what to think. There's only me, only what I read from the Koran and Hadith, and only the sound of my prayers.

The local Islamic Center guys will probably call me in a week or two to see how I'm doing. I will certainly be very happy to talk with them and seek more.

Thanks all for your continued welcomes!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Hello, Zarif.

Apologies for the late welcoming, regardless, I still welcome you to the forum:)
I pray that you be guided and shown the right path.
Brother, I ask you(as a sister in humanity) to keep that divine book(Qur'aan) close, make it your companion and look into it with an open heart(with nothing standing before you), with a firm faith in being guided one day...and I'll be here praying for your guideance,Insha'allah(If you've read the qur'an and hadiths, you should know what it means=))

Zarif

I am now a Muslim!

All:

I know this is a rather old thread, but...

The brothers and sisters from the local Ummah have witnessed my Shahada. I am now a muslim!

Thank Each of you for your posts, and many Salaams to the global Ummah!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
All:

I know this is a rather old thread, but...

The brothers and sisters from the local Ummah have witnessed my Shahada. I am now a muslim!

Thank Each of you for your posts, and many Salaams to the global Ummah!

wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Mabrook brother in Islam. Welcome to the ummah. What fine time, that you should revert right before the blessed ramadhan.

P.S. Strange! I was the first to welcome you to the forums and now to congratulate you on your reversion. . .