Hello.

Cariad

Hello, I came across your site by chance and as a Christian was drawn to the Christian - muslim dialogue. I was dismayed by the misunderstandings displayed as truth about my faith and wished to reply to Abu Sarah's post. However since awaiting for my account to be activated I notice that the posts were old and that maybe Abu Sarah no longer posts here.

I also read the rules of the forum and see that being disrespectful to other faiths is not allowed, yet there is much disrespect for other faiths that I see. Also promoting lies is against the rules, yet also I see lies against my faith which makes me sad. Then I notice that interfaith debates are not allowed, maybe that is why the posts I first read were not recent. However this prevents be from answering those posts. So I feel a chance to develop a better understanding of our faiths and by concentrating on our similarities rather than our differences meet in friendship has been lost.

You need to understand that there is only one God, there have been many prophets but they all teach of the same God ..Yahweh, no matter what name you personally attribute to your God it is the same from him we come and to him our soul returns.

I wish you all a peaceful and happy life. Feel free to cancel my account.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Hello, I came across your site by chance and as a Christian was drawn to the Christian - muslim dialogue. I was dismayed by the misunderstandings displayed as truth about my faith and wished to reply to Abu Sarah's post. However since awaiting for my account to be activated I notice that the posts were old and that maybe Abu Sarah no longer posts here.

I also read the rules of the forum and see that being disrespectful to other faiths is not allowed, yet there is much disrespect for other faiths that I see. Also promoting lies is against the rules, yet also I see lies against my faith which makes me sad. Then I notice that interfaith debates are not allowed, maybe that is why the posts I first read were not recent. However this prevents be from answering those posts. So I feel a chance to develop a better understanding of our faiths and by concentrating on our similarities rather than our differences meet in friendship has been lost.

You need to understand that there is only one God, there have been many prophets but they all teach of the same God ..Yahweh, no matter what name you personally attribute to your God it is the same from him we come and to him our soul returns.

:salam2:
to all muslims,

Hey hi Cariad :)
Welcome to tti,
in islam,if not ask we are not suppose to debate about other religion here i can't explain why some did
but most probably were ask in private or open.

bismillahirrahmanirrahim
meaning;In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

109:1 Say: O disbelievers,
109:2 I serve not what you serve,
109:3 Nor do you believe Whom I serve,
109:4 Nor shall I believe that which you serve,
109:5 Nor do you serve believe Whom I serve.
109:6 For you is your religion and for me my religion.

~Holy qur'an:surah Al kafirun.

bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Qul Huw-Allahu Ahad
Allah-us-Samad
Lam yalid wl lam yulad
Wa lam yakul lahu kufuwan ahad

Meaning;In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Say: Allah is One!
Allah, the eternally, all living only hope depend on,
Allah not give birth to nor born by
And there is none comparable unto Allah.

~Holy quran :Surah Al Ikhlas.

Allah swt is not like your god that human-being Yahweh so don't make claims!

my dear Cariad,

my only puzzle ever since question is;
well, since your Yahweh and Mary has passed away and their final resting place is in Jerusalem
then why did most Catholics and Christians making their 'pilgrimage' to Vatican City State, in Italy,Rome. Instead of
to Jerusalem,Israel(Palestine) where you all suppose to be doing.

so does this meant you Christians and Catholics are afraid
of that vast population of the Jews that had occupied your actual holy city of Jerusalem that had force to channeled to Vatican city eversince instead?
The Jews had claimed 90% of Israel/Palestine states territories including your too precious god's graves!
Too scare to ignore or too scare to debate with the Jews like the way you say to muslims can you say out 'loud' to the Jews too???:SMILY231:

The Jews Settlers And Soldiers Burn Old Church In Jerusalem.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75412&highlight=

Israeli Soldier Shot American Activist In Face With Tear Gas Can.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75250&highlight=

Israel Clashes with UNESCO in Row over historical ancient's Sites!Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73503&highlight=

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70245&highlight=

Many More And More Christians Leaving their Holy Land!Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75365&highlight=

Israel slams Catholic archbishop.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73366&highlight=

Israel dropped 'Over 3,000 tons of bombs fell on Gaza' Plaestine.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75111&highlight=

Will (Israel) fire a nuclear bomb?" he asked.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77983&highlight=

and many many more...
....Failing to identified your true n real enemy is very sad indeed!

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

a_stranger

I also read the rules of the forum and see that being disrespectful to other faiths is not allowed, yet there is much
disrespect for other faiths that I see. Also promoting lies is against the rules, yet also I see lies against my faith
which makes me sad. Then I notice that interfaith debates are not allowed, maybe that is why the posts I first read
were not recent. However this prevents be from answering those posts. So I feel a chance to develop a better
understanding of our faiths and by concentrating on our similarities rather than our differences meet in friendship has
been lost.

Dear Cariad you are most welcome. We believe in one God , we believe that Islam was revealed to make our faith pure sincere and firm. Islam clarify all the misconceptions and misunderstanding about Our creator that ruins hearts.please study Quran .

With love and regards

brmm

Hello Cariad,
1st of all....you are most welcomed.
2nd.... I don't agree that we are worshiping the same god because we do not believe in the same attributes of this god. (BUT) we have one god since there is only one real creator.
3rd.... I guess you are a Jehovah Witness member, I had debated few of them ( I will not say what happened or my opinion for now).
I can say to you that Muslims know a lot, and you will learn both Islam and other faiths here.
Have a nice time and welcome again.
BRMM

Cariad

Hello Cariad,
1st of all....you are most welcomed.
2nd.... I don't agree that we are worshiping the same god because we do not believe in the same attributes of this god. (BUT) we have one god since there is only one real creator.
3rd.... I guess you are a Jehovah Witness member, I had debated few of them ( I will not say what happened or my opinion for now).
I can say to you that Muslims know a lot, and you will learn both Islam and other faiths here.
Have a nice time and welcome again.
BRMM

Thank you for your welcome. You do not believe in the one true God!! Is Allah not the God of Abraham and all the prophets???

LOL..you are so very wrong I am not a Jehovah witness, they are a sect.. But I forgive you that comment as maybe you do not have experience of meeting with different Christians or others.

Of course you can say you believe muslims know a lot, but in my experience they mostly just think they do, at least when an understanding of the religious beliefs of others is concerned.

Peace to you.

Cariad

Dear Cariad you are most welcome. We believe in one God , we believe that Islam was revealed to make our faith pure sincere and firm. Islam clarify all the misconceptions and misunderstanding about Our creator that ruins hearts.please study Quran .

With love and regards

Thank you for your welcome. Christians also believe in one God. :) why you assume I do not know of Islam? I have read the Quran and my husband used to be muslim. I read the Quran cos I wanted to know why he changed from a muslim, I had no part in changing his mind as he already had left Islam before we met.

Peace and and love to you.

Cariad

to all muslims,

Hey hi Cariad :)
Welcome to tti,
in islam,if not ask we are not suppose to debate about other religion here i can't explain why some did
but most probably were ask in private or open.

bismillahirrahmanirrahim
meaning;In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

109:1 Say: O disbelievers,
109:2 I serve not what you serve,
109:3 Nor do you believe Whom I serve,
109:4 Nor shall I believe that which you serve,
109:5 Nor do you serve believe Whom I serve.
109:6 For you is your religion and for me my religion.

~Holy qur'an:surah Al kafirun.

bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Qul Huw-Allahu Ahad
Allah-us-Samad
Lam yalid wl lam yulad
Wa lam yakul lahu kufuwan ahad

Meaning;In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Say: Allah is One!
Allah, the eternally, all living only hope depend on,
Allah not give birth to nor born by
And there is none comparable unto Allah.

~Holy quran :Surah Al Ikhlas.

Allah swt is not like your god that human-being Yahweh so don't make claims!

my dear Cariad,

my only puzzle ever since question is;
well, since your Yahweh and Mary has passed away and their final resting place is in Jerusalem
then why did most Catholics and Christians making their 'pilgrimage' to Vatican City State, in Italy,Rome. Instead of
to Jerusalem,Israel(Palestine) where you all suppose to be doing.

so does this meant you Christians and Catholics are afraid
of that vast population of the Jews that had occupied your actual holy city of Jerusalem that had force to channeled to Vatican city eversince instead?
The Jews had claimed 90% of Israel/Palestine states territories including your too precious god's graves!
Too scare to ignore or too scare to debate with the Jews like the way you say to muslims can you say out 'loud' to the Jews too???:SMILY231:

The Jews Settlers And Soldiers Burn Old Church In Jerusalem.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75412&highlight=

Israeli Soldier Shot American Activist In Face With Tear Gas Can.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75250&highlight=

Israel Clashes with UNESCO in Row over historical ancient's Sites!Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73503&highlight=

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70245&highlight=

Many More And More Christians Leaving their Holy Land!Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75365&highlight=

Israel slams Catholic archbishop.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73366&highlight=

Israel dropped 'Over 3,000 tons of bombs fell on Gaza' Plaestine.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75111&highlight=

Will (Israel) fire a nuclear bomb?" he asked.Click>http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77983&highlight=

and many many more...
....Failing to identified your true n real enemy is very sad indeed!

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Thank you for your welcome. Why is talking of your religion with others not allowed? You are afraid of something? Yahweh is Hebrew name for God, which is also your Allah our God and my God one and the same. :) how do you not know this.

I will answer the question that puzzles you. First as I said Yahweh is God, you mean Yeshua which is Hebrew name for Jesus. Jesus did not die and there is no tomb, Christians are not obliged to do pilgrimage but many choose to go to Jerusalem and other places considered important to them for their faith. BTW the muslims make good business from the Christian pilgrims in Jerusalem selling trinkets and souvineers.

I have no fear to talk of my faith with anyone of any religion or no religion. Do you have a problem with our Jewish brothers and sisters? Why you say they are my enemy? I do not have enemy or hold against enmity anyone. It is sad that you think this. Maybe you measure me by your own standards.

Peace to you.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Welcome to TurnToIslam dear sister Cariad,

You are right that the God of Noah, God of Abraham, God of Moses, God of Jesus and God of Mohammad is one and the same. It is that one God who has sent all the prophets to all the civilizations. We Muslims call that God as Allah. But name is not as important as the attributes of the God.

The Arab Christians call the so-called God the Father as Allah. So I don't have any issues with names, if in Hebrew they called the God of Moses as Yahweh then it is fine with us. We Muslims believe in a God who is All-Mighty and All-powerful and is Extermely Merciful, is able to forgive sins. He doesn't hold the sin of father against his children, therefore we don't have the concepts of "original sin" and "blood atonement" which Paul orginated and promoted. God doesn't have a son or daughter or aunt or uncle or cousins etc.

What kind of God you believe? What kind of attributes you believe is in your God?

I once again I welcome you dear sister and hope you will learn a lot during your vist.
:wasalam:

brmm

We Muslims call that God as Allah. But name is not as important as the attributes of the God.

Dear brother, what you have said is a huge mistake.
The main purpose of all the books is to know "ALLAH" sobhanaho as a creator and the only god. Thats you the name of Allah is mentioned (as I remember) around 2600 times in the Quran. Allah is our creator, He called Himself this name and He told us this fact. It is not a man made! We donot have the right to change it. I know in Saudia Arabai it is not acceptable to print any translation for the Quran where the name of Allah Sobhanaho have been translated to god in any language. I am 100% with this opinion. When you take the OT or the NT ( the one we have now not the original books) as divine books the biggest problem with them is they do not have the name of god, except for the Arabic, Malaysian, Indonesian Bibles (as I know) where they call the "father of Jesus" as Allah. There are many gods in this world, even the Satan is a god for many people (but) there is only one creator and he is the only god and He is Allah.
BRMM

brmm

Thank you for your welcome. You do not believe in the one true God!! Is Allah not the God of Abraham and all the prophets???

LOL..you are so very wrong I am not a Jehovah witness, they are a sect.. But I forgive you that comment as maybe you do not have experience of meeting with different Christians or others.

Of course you can say you believe muslims know a lot, but in my experience they mostly just think they do, at least when an understanding of the religious beliefs of others is concerned.

Peace to you.
Hi Cariad... For sure I believe that Allah is the only god for all the prophets and messengers and the worlds as well. My point is that if my god is different in his name or attributes than your god, then they are not the same. So if you believe in a god who called Himself Allah, and He has the 99 attributes which are mentioned in the Quran, then you and I believe in the same god.
You being a Jehovah Witness was an expectation based on a piece of information you had in your comments. Me being wrong or right is not a big deal! Just tell us who you are and you are still most welcomed!
BRMM

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Dear brother, what you have said is a huge mistake.
The main purpose of all the books is to know "ALLAH" sobhanaho as a creator and the only god. Thats you the name of Allah is mentioned (as I remember) around 2600 times in the Quran. Allah is our creator, He called Himself this name and He told us this fact. It is not a man made! We donot have the right to change it. I know in Saudia Arabai it is not acceptable to print any translation for the Quran where the name of Allah Sobhanaho have been translated to god in any language. I am 100% with this opinion. When you take the OT or the NT ( the one we have now not the original books) as divine books the biggest problem with them is they do not have the name of god, except for the Arabic, Malaysian, Indonesian Bibles (as I know) where they call the "father of Jesus" as Allah. There are many gods in this world, even the Satan is a god for many people (but) there is only one creator and he is the only god and He is Allah.
BRMM
Dear brother, Assalam-o-alikum,

Thanks for your post brother.
Let me explain brother. We all know that the word Allah existed before the time of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), but we also know those pagan Arabs believed that the angels are doughters of Allah. :astag:. The word/name Allah remain the same but Islam corrected the meaning of the word/name Allah.

My point here is this: Today Arab Christians do use the name Allah for God, it is in their Arabic Bible, and we Muslims also use the name Allah for God. But there is a world of difference in the same word/name when spoken by a Christian vs a Muslim, and the difference is in the attributes of God behind the word/name Allah.

And brother, if you watch the official Saudia Arabian TV transmission when they telecast Taraweeh... please read the translation they show. You will notice that they always translate Allah with the word God.

My main point: We Muslims are not Jehova witness who just argue and get stuck about a name. We preach the oneness of God, we proclaim the Tawheed. So we need to get beyond the nomanclature and promote the true concept of God Almighty Allah (SWT).

We are told that there are 124000 prophets sent to all different parts of the world, sent to every nation in every time, to teach them about who their creator is. We don't know what word/name they used to preach about God Almighty in each and every part of the world, but we believe that those prophets preached about the One True God. One more example: In Indo-Pak subcontinent and in Farsi speaking areas Muslims use the word Khuda for God Almighty. Do they commit sin? No. As long as their concept is correct, and it is same as preached by Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), it is fine. On the other hand if someone call their god Allah, but in that person's mind he is worshiping the father of Jesus then it is a big big sin.

I normally do not argue about these trivial things as I have been on TTI for a long time and have seen and partcipated in several debates on issues like this. Just wanted to clarify it again.

Jazakallah Khair brother.
Wassalam.

MutlekM

Thank you for your welcome. Why is talking of your religion with others not allowed? You are afraid of something? Yahweh is Hebrew name for God, which is also your Allah our God and my God one and the same. :) how do you not know this.

I will answer the question that puzzles you. First as I said Yahweh is God, you mean Yeshua which is Hebrew name for Jesus. Jesus did not die and there is no tomb, Christians are not obliged to do pilgrimage but many choose to go to Jerusalem and other places considered important to them for their faith. BTW the muslims make good business from the Christian pilgrims in Jerusalem selling trinkets and souvineers.

I have no fear to talk of my faith with anyone of any religion or no religion. Do you have a problem with our Jewish brothers and sisters? Why you say they are my enemy? I do not have enemy or hold against enmity anyone. It is sad that you think this. Maybe you measure me by your own standards.

Peace to you.
Welcome to tti Cariad I hope you enjoy your stay and God willingly we will both learn from each other. I understand (please correct me if I am wrong) that the purpose of Jesus, according to the majority of Christians, was to die for your sins, but you just stated that Jesus did not die (like us Muslims believe). I hope you are seeing that it is contradictory. I do not want to debate with you I just want to discuss this in a respectful manner so that we learn from each other with an open mind and feel free to private message me if that is how you want to continue the discussion. Since this is just an introduction thread.
Thank You
May Allaah guide us all to the true path... Ameen

Cariad

Welcome to TurnToIslam dear sister Cariad,

You are right that the God of Noah, God of Abraham, God of Moses, God of Jesus and God of Mohammad is one and the same. It is that one God who has sent all the prophets to all the civilizations. We Muslims call that God as Allah. But name is not as important as the attributes of the God.

The Arab Christians call the so-called God the Father as Allah. So I don't have any issues with names, if in Hebrew they called the God of Moses as Yahweh then it is fine with us. We Muslims believe in a God who is All-Mighty and All-powerful and is Extermely Merciful, is able to forgive sins. He doesn't hold the sin of father against his children, therefore we don't have the concepts of "original sin" and "blood atonement" which Paul orginated and promoted. God doesn't have a son or daughter or aunt or uncle or cousins etc.

What kind of God you believe? What kind of attributes you believe is in your God?

I once again I welcome you dear sister and hope you will learn a lot during your vist.

I agree the name is not important as long as we realise what the name stands for. Allah is the Arabic name for Yahweh, in fact it does not have vowels so is YHWH. There is a verse in the Bible where God speaks to Moses the name God told Moses to call him by is I AM. Meaning He who is and The self-existent one. Obvious as God is self existent and there is nothing comparable.

You misunderstand the concept of original sin and I do not wish to cause offence by discussing it further. It does not mean children pays for the sins of their fathers. We are each responsible for our own sins. This concept and of blood atonement for sin was in existence long before Paul, it did not originate with Paul. Blood atonement was required in the Torah and Old Testament 1000 years before Christ was the last blood atonement.

What you say of God having son, daughter, aunties uncles etc is blasphemous to my ears. God is above such human needs. Christ coexisted with God form the beginning of creation. He is the word of God.

My God is love personified, he is just as he is merciful. There is nothing to compare to God, we are is greatest creation he gave us dominion over the earth and the animals. With Adams fall from grace we separated ourselves from God, but as we are loved God still wished a relationship with us and showed us the way to achieve the through the mission of Christ. Christ showed us the way and the Holy Spirit of God guides us on the path to his love. God exists in a community of love of which we can by his grace share. God does not demand worship from me but I give it freely out of love for him.

I hope this view does not offend you and if it does please accept my apology.

Peace to you.

Cariad

Hi Cariad... For sure I believe that Allah is the only god for all the prophets and messengers and the worlds as well. My point is that if my god is different in his name or attributes than your god, then they are not the same. So if you believe in a god who called Himself Allah, and He has the 99 attributes which are mentioned in the Quran, then you and I believe in the same god.
You being a Jehovah Witness was an expectation based on a piece of information you had in your comments. Me being wrong or right is not a big deal! Just tell us who you are and you are still most welcomed!
BRMM

Well we can agree that there is but one God, that is a similarity. :) however Allah was not a name used for God in any of the previous scriptures, so that is a difference, but not an insurmountable one. You could give God a thousand attributes but that would not be adequate to describe his greatness. Human words are just that, words meant for men.

I am interested what in my post gave you leave to think of me as a Jehovah's Witness. I am Protestant Christian at the moment live in UK with my Tunisian husband. Anything else you wish to know you may ask.

Peace to you.

Cariad

Welcome to tti Cariad I hope you enjoy your stay and God willingly we will both learn from each other. I understand (please correct me if I am wrong) that the purpose of Jesus, according to the majority of Christians, was to die for your sins, but you just stated that Jesus did not die (like us Muslims believe). I hope you are seeing that it is contradictory. I do not want to debate with you I just want to discuss this in a respectful manner so that we learn from each other with an open mind and feel free to private message me if that is how you want to continue the discussion. Since this is just an introduction thread.
Thank You
May Allaah guide us all to the true path... Ameen

Yes true, Christ was mans salvation, muslims I feel always take things literally, Christ died an earthly death, which I know you deny. The resurrection - which I know you also deny - gives Christ eternal life and he lives on in the hearts of everyone who believes that the message he brought to mankind will grant us salvation and so be worthy of Gods love. So I do not see it as a contradictory statement.

Accept my apology for any offence caused for posting anything considered inappropriate on the introduction forum.

brmm

And brother, if you watch the official Saudia Arabian TV transmission when they telecast Taraweeh... please read the translation they show. You will notice that they always translate Allah with the word God.

Assalamo alaikom brother, It is a very important subject....
There is a center for translation and printing the Holey Quran in Saudi Arabia called (something like, King Fahad Center for Printing the Holy Quran), if you go on there web site and read the conditions they have put for translating the Holy Quran inshallah you will find what I was calming.

We are told that there are 124000 prophets sent to all different parts of the world, sent to every nation in every time, to teach them about who their creator is. We don't know what word/name they used to preach about God Almighty in each and every part of the world, but we believe that those prophets preached about the One True God. One more example: In Indo-Pak subcontinent and in Farsi speaking areas Muslims use the word Khuda for God Almighty. Do they commit sin? No. As long as their concept is correct, and it is same as preached by Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), it is fine. On the other hand if someone call their god Allah, but in that person's mind he is worshiping the father of Jesus then it is a big big sin.

And why we need to go beyond our expectations if the Quran between our hands says hundreds times: our god "name" is "Allah"?
other thing "Khuda refers to Allah if the one who said it wished to mean that but it is not the name of Allah.

JAzaka Allaho khayran inshallah
BRMM

brmm

Allah is the Arabic name for Yahweh

Hi Cariad... you can not prove this, no way.

The name of god in the NT is Allah, even in the ancient Aramaic language, Jesus's language. The Jew have removed all the names of god from the OT and replaced it with YHWH without vowels according to their wrong understanding for a verse in the Torah about using the name of god in vain.

You misunderstand the concept of original sin and I do not wish to cause offence by discussing it further. It does not mean children pays for the sins of their fathers. We are each responsible for our own sins. This concept and of blood atonement for sin was in existence long before Paul, it did not originate with Paul. Blood atonement was required in the Torah and Old Testament 1000 years before Christ was the last blood atonement.

What you say of God having son, daughter, aunties uncles etc is blasphemous to my ears. God is above such human needs. Christ coexisted with God form the beginning of creation. He is the word of God.
Jesus said I have god, I worship a god, I can not do without my god ... It is very strange that the Christian say that he is god when he never claim so.
Going back to our argument about god and his name:
The conclusion is "As I have said before, we have all the same creator but we worship different gods 100% for sure".

Salaam to you
BRMM

Cariad

Hi Cariad... you can not prove this, no way.

The name of god in the NT is Allah, even in the ancient Aramaic language, Jesus's language. The Jew have removed all the names of god from the OT and replaced it with YHWH without vowels according to their wrong understanding for a verse in the Torah about using the name of god in vain.

Jesus said I have god, I worship a god, I can not do without my god ... It is very strange that the Christian say that he is god when he never claim so.
Going back to our argument about god and his name:
The conclusion is "As I have said before, we have all the same creator but we worship different gods 100% for sure".

Salaam to you
BRMM

Well, if you as a muslim claim to worship the one true God, supreme creator of all there is then it must be so, if you believe Allah is not arabic name for YHWH - then sadly you are not worshiping the one true God. This article goes some way to explain

http://www.arabbible.com/t-Allah.aspx

You must prove to me please that the Jews changed the name in the scriptures. If you understand the nature of the Bible as a work of God you would understand that this claim you make is an impossible task. However even if it was possible waht reason would there be for Jews to change the name of Allah to YHWH, Allah is synominous with Islam the Torah and Gospels were written 1500 before Islam came into the world with your Prophet Mohammed. The Jews of the time would not know of Islam and so would have no course to change the name of YHWH.

You should not throw in asides if you do not wish me to address them. Muslims do not understand the hypostasis union nor do they wish to. But know that Jesus DID claim divinity in the Bible.

I did not know we were having an argument. :)

I would like to discuss such topics as I feel many muslims misunderstand christianity. I do not ask you to believe as I do that would be arrogance on my part in believing I am right and you are not. I do not claim to be right, just sure in my faith and beliefs are worthy in the eyes of God. I find it a cause for sadness when I see lies and misinterpretations told as truth about my faith by muslims who have not taken the time or care to look at the proofs directly but only have as reference what they have been told. By all means reject what you will but first make sure you understand what you reject.

Peace to you.

brmm

Hi Cariad, be patient and I will be your teacher!

Well, if you as a muslim claim to worship the one true God, supreme creator of all there is then it must be so, if you believe Allah is not arabic name for YHWH - then sadly you are not worshiping the one true God. This article goes some way to explain

http://www.arabbible.com/t-Allah.aspx
Peace to you.
Since I am an Arabic guy and I master the language, no one can fool me with my language.
I have copied these 2 paragraphs from that link:

"Remember, this is a name, a proper noun. In this case, since there is no equivalent, we had better keep it as is (note: the Jews never changed YHWH’s name to “Adonai”, meaning “Lord”. They simply substituted “Adonai” for it when reading aloud, initially out of not wanting to desecrate the sacred Name, but later out of tradition)
…..
In summary, ArabBible uses the definite, common noun, “al-ilaah” to refer to God, rather than the Islamic proper noun, “Allah”. We believe this is based on good Biblical and linguistic precedents. Though this will certainly cause some shock waves…
….."
The second part is not right. The Arabic Christian believe the name of their god is "Allah". So if you as a Christian do not believe in Allah as a name of your creator then you are contradicting your fellow Arabic Christian. I think you must know how Allah is written in Arabic. Read the link below from a page in the Arabic Bible and see how many times have been mentioned:
http://www.injeel.com/Read.aspx?vn=1,3&t=1

Also you can try the dictionary of the Aramaic language on line, Jesus's language, write the word god and read the results:
http://www.atour.com/ go down a little in the page to see the dictionary window

About the first part, pls read these 2 articles in the links:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/allah1.htm and
http://www.answering-christianity.com/moongod1.htm

Also I have a question for you: Is that easy to change the words of god in the Bible by people? And you still call it the word of God

You must prove to me please that the Jews changed the name in the scriptures. If you understand the nature of the Bible as a work of God you would understand that this claim you make is an impossible task. However even if it was possible waht reason would there be for Jews to change the name of Allah to YHWH, Allah is synominous with Islam the Torah and Gospels were written 1500 before Islam came into the world with your Prophet Mohammed. The Jews of the time would not know of Islam and so would have no course to change the name of YHWH.
Exodus 20:07 "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name".

Also the word "YHWH" are 4 capital letters, this way is not used in the English language, which it means they are abbreviations of something, or just a simple.

You should not throw in asides if you do not wish me to address them. Muslims do not understand the hypostasis union nor do they wish to.
The concept of Trinity is very easy to be understood. The Amazing thing about Christians is that: the Jews (who believe in Moses), Sabea Mandae (who believe in John) and Muslims (who believe in Mohammed), they are all on the opposite of you in their concepts of faith.

But know that Jesus DID claim divinity in the Bible.
Which verse(s)?

I did not know we were having an argument. :)
Y not, an academic one :)

I would like to discuss such topics as I feel many muslims misunderstand christianity. I do not ask you to believe as I do that would be arrogance on my part in believing I am right and you are not. I do not claim to be right, just sure in my faith and beliefs are worthy in the eyes of God. I find it a cause for sadness when I see lies and misinterpretations told as truth about my faith by muslims who have not taken the time or care to look at the proofs directly but only have as reference what they have been told. By all means reject what you will but first make sure you understand what you reject.
Peace to you.
Thats fine for me... You can call me for Christianity, but I need a book that has not been changed by mankind to follow ((This is my condition)).

Peace to you
BRMM

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Sister Cariad, Assalam-o-alikum, Peace be upon you,

As you and I agree that discussing name is not important. It is a fruitless discussion and waste of energy in writing the posts. Last year I met a official of a Jehovah witness church. He was very adamant about the name Jehovah. He said all other names are incorrect and only Jehovah is the right name. I said OK, and asked him to pronounce a couple of middle eastern names... He couldn't pronounce any one of them correctly. So I said to him "You couldn't pronounce any of these names correctly and yet you are telling me that your European tongue can speak this middle-eastern name of God most accurately?". He couldn't answer. I then said "Here in US we say Japan, in India-Pakistan they say Jaa-Paan, in Arab world they say Al-Aiyabaan, and the Japanese people call their country name as Nee-phon (or a similar sound). And if you call Jesus when he was around he would not have turned towards you as his name was Yeshue or Eshue or Eessa, he would never have recognized as Jasus as hid name. And here you are stuck on the sound coming from your own mouth as the only correct sound for God Almighty's name."
I then said to him "If I have to chose a name it will be Allah as this is the name in Quran and in Hebrew they refer God as Ellohim (Christians prefer to write this name with E instead of A) and in this name Elloh (or Alloh) is the name and "him" is for respect. And in Matthew 27:46 Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?". In older version of Bibles it was written Alloi but lately it is written with E.

Having said all this, I believe this is not a very beneficial point to discuss. And I will end my part of discussion by saying that when the concept of God will be in place then all other things will also fall in right places.

Now, the main discussion: Sister I hope you will not get offended as I do not mean to offend anyone but I have to say what is needed. And if you do get offended then I apologize in advance.

As far as the original sin and blood atonement is concerned, you are wrong sister that this existed before Paul. I know Christians try to stretch some verses of OT to try to prove these points. You see this is the beauty of human mind. We see it happening all the times in the court rooms when lawyers try to stretch and shrink interpretation of laws to fit so that a guilty person can go free or vise versa. Same thing Christians do... In the presence of clear and unambiguous verses they prefer to take some ambiguous verses and then stretch them to try to fit for their purpose.
In Old Testament it is written:
Ezekiel 18:19 “Yet you ask, ‘Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?’ Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live.
Ezekiel 18:20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

And if we look at what Jesus says even in these existing Gospels which we don't know who wrote (sister don't get upset as this is true) this whole concept of original sin and blood atonement just vanishes.

If these two things were the most important things for which Jesus came then he pretty much failed to communicate it.
When he was asked “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” He didn't say my blood atonement will remove your sin. Instead he said: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

When he was asked “Good teacher,” what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
Jesus said: “Why do you call me good? No one is good—except God alone. You know the commandments: You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother."

In this respect Jesus really goofed didn't he? He blew away the perfect opportunities to tell the world that he came to remove the original sin by blood atonement and people needed to believe in it in order to get salvation. But he didn't tell anyone that.

Instead what he told them:
In Matthew 15 Jesus did not want to help a gentile woman.
Matthew 15:22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
Matthew 15:23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep--the people of Israel."
Matthew 15:25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
Matthew 15:26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
Matthew 15:27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

This is the God Almighty who was sent only to the Jews. And a woman softens his heart by saying “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” Some 'sacrificial lamb' ... Haan!

Then when he sends his disciples:
Matthew 10:5 These twelve (disciples) Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.
Matthew 10:6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.

And as per your Gospels Jesus said the following (and these are just samples):
Matthew 10:34-37
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Luke 14:26 If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Why I presented these verses and other quotations from Jesus above is to show that how clearly Jesus has expressed things. This shows that he certainly knew how to forcefully say things. But the things which were most important, millions of times more important, which was the key reason for which he was here, as no one can get salvation until that person believes that Jesus was son of god and believe on the original sin and blood sacrifice (as per church and Paul). Jesus didn't make any clear statement about these things. If this was the key reason for which he was here then instead of making unambiguous and crystal clear statements on other not so important subjects he would have and should have made unambiguous and crystal clear statements on original sin and blood atonement, so that Christians wouldn't have to struggle and twist and turn and stretch other ambiguous and non related statements to try to fit.

And if Jesus was god, then who was he praying to?
Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

So my dear sister, read Quran where you will find your creator and His words. You don't need to buy one. Just go to this website where it has Quran and the explanation of verses also.
http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html
(This is a Quran explanation website. One nice feature is the "Intro" button which provides the background of each Surah/Chapter).

And this site is where you can read the background and life history of our Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)
http://mohammad.islamway.com/
(This website appears like a book and provides the life history of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).)

Peace.