help, question about Salaah

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Asalaamu alaykum all,

I hope someone can tell me the answer or guide me to helpful resources. I'm confused about what I need to do if for example, I forget to make one of the sujuuds in one the rakahs o when praying. If u think and don't know for sure whether you made the sujuud or not, do I have to restart the entire salaat? Or do I do sujuud sahwi?

Your help is much appreciated!

zaman-gm

Jazaakalaahu kheyran brother. But it was not still clear to me but alhamdulilah the link you posted led me to another helpful answer which was my exact question.
I have heard a mas'ala that- if their is any error about a "waajib" part of Salah then we need to do sujood ul-sahw.
Allah Know the best.

Umm Shareef

Wa alaikum assalam,

Just a short reminder that if we do make a mistake in our salaah then we must always pray for forgiveness.

We must acknowledge our sin, resolve that we will try not to repeat it, apologise to Allah subhana wa ta'alaa and ask for His forgiveness.

Last edited:

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
I have heard a mas'ala that- if their is any error about a "waajib" part of Salah then we need to do sujood ul-sahw.
Allah Know the best.

Yes and what I read was that if we forget any part of the salaah, we must repeat it. For example, let's say I forgot one of the sujuuds during asr prayer. I would have to repeat an entire rak'ah or just the one sujuud that I forgot and at the end of salaah, I have to do sujuud sahwi.

zaman-gm

Sujoods is "Fard" (Surah Al-Haj:77). If their any error about Fard then, No Sujood al Sahw for that. Need to Pray again.

(fatawa shami 1:147, Al Bahrur Raiq 1:505, Hidayah 1:98)

Allah know the best.

Last edited: