Help With Quran!

Islam!!yay

Salam

I was reading Surat Al-Buruj and Allah SWT Starts the chapter by Saying "By"

"By the sky with its towering constellations, by the promised Day, by the Witness and that which is Witnessed,...." (Surah 85)

What is Allah SWT saying by using "By" ?

Thank You and God Bless!

abjad

AlHamd Li'Laah
wa aleykum salaaam;

Yes you are right, but let us as WE on this century re think what the whole surah is relating to us,
i know my answer wont please many but I at least brought out a thought.
let us see the following verses of the same surah.

[12-22] Indeed, the grip of your Lord is very severe. It is He Who creates in the first instance, and He it is Who will create again. And He is the All-Forgiving, the All-Loving, Owner of the Throne, the Exalted and Doer of whatever He wills. Has the story of the hosts reached you, (of the hosts of) Pharaoh and Thamud? But those who disbelieve, persist in denying, although Allah has encircled them. (Their denial does not affect the Qur'an at all), for this Qur'an is sublime: it is (inscribed) in the Tablet that is preserved.

:::::::::::::
But those who disbelieve, persist in denying,
it does not mean the those but WE (as Pharo and thamud) gone WE being reminded.

asalaam aleykum

abjad

AlHamd Li'Laah
By the heaven with its strong forts,1

Literally: "By the heaven having constellations." Some of the commentators have interpreted it to mean the twelve signs of the zodiac in the heavens according to ancient astronomy, However, according to Ibn 'Abbas, Mujahid, Qatadah, Hasan Basri, Dahhak and Suddi it implies the glorious stars and platters of the sky.

http://www.englishtafsir.com/Quran/85/index.html#sdfootnote1sym

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

The words of Quran are highlighted with word By to attract our attention to the wonders that Allah created and to show us that we can not ignore the importance of Day of Judgment or the reality of our deeds wich will be profs for or against us.

Allah Almighty emphasized about how He created things and how mighty and important some of His creations are. He, the Almighty, gave them for us as parables so that we would learn from them. They were highlights to bring to our attention the importance, significance and mightiness of those creations.
They are only highlights for us to further investigate them.
From http://www.answering-christianity.com/no_swearing_by_creation.htm

Allah knows best.