HELP!!!!!

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Aleekum,

Im writing an essay discussing the conflicts that the Muslim youth struggle with and also providing appropriate solutions...

Does anyone here know some conflicts that the muslim youth is facing and some suggestions on how these conflicts can be solved...

Thank You,

Salam

ansari

STRANGER...
:wasalam: sister... i will try my best to help u

alhumdulillah im a muslim n im young. sometimes problem is like i tell muslims brothers ya akhi MUSIC is haram even i give them proof they dont agree, even if they agree they say we have to be moderate.

thinking more....inshallah i will get bak to u soon :SMILY139:

coldflame07

Well.. that would depend on where in the world you're talking about. Muslim youths in Saudi Arabia have different conflicts that youths in say.. Syria or Eygpt.

One travesty I found during my travels is that many of the muslims in the US memorize the Quran but don't understand Arabic.. this is quite dangerous as you can imagine.
The strife between using your mind which God gave you vs. the social norms which you grew up with is another issue you can discuss. The Hijab, for example, in the Quran is not forced on a woman. In fact many believe that a muslim woman -must- wear a Hijab and -must- cover her face and body head to heel. This is a very narrow and conservative view of the religion. The fact is that a muslim is identified by the 5 pillars of Islam. What a muslim does after that to increase his/her faith is up to that person. It's not up to a Sheik to come up and tell us how to practice our faith, afterall we're not Christians where we require priests to tell us about our faith and how to pray.

Finally, you can discuss the importance of knowledge in the religion. The new age of globalization is upon us and we can no longer behave like we live in a bubble. The greatest conflict for youths these days is probably that of increased conservatism. One thing aspect of conservative thought is the lack of knowledge supporting it. We are slowly becoming more Theocratic, like Mideval Europe.

Good luck with your essay

duran

Youth in United states face so many problems but obvious one is the influence of Music and rap artists. They act like gang, or thug, they always wear saggy pants and wear all sort of clothes which has sign of gang, such as long t-shirts with signs of certain gang.

The only solution could come from the deen of Islam, if person learns the seerah of our beloved (pbuh), he would act like him, but not like those kufaars.

coldflame07

Music has the power to unleash the soul and electrify the imagination.. two things that only conservatives fear.. because it is those things that lessen their powerful hold on society..
Calling rap and hiphop artists "kufaar" only means you don't understand that culture... so what if your youths act like "gang, or thug, they always wear saggy pants and wear all sort of clothes which has sign of gang, such as long t-shirts with signs of certain gang" does that make them less of a person? how about less muslim? who are you or me to judge what is strictly between them and God? Just because we don't agree with their way of life doesn't make us right.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
instead sayin thank..if u say jazakallah khair or BarakAllahu feekum better rite:D

LOLZ, Sorry im not used to talking that way my mother always taught me to thank people when they help out and Allah says "In Allah yihib kul sabarin shakoor". However, I will get myself used to saying "jazak Allah kheer...

Salam,

P.s Jazak allah elf elf kheer wa barak allah feek wa fi jamee3 almuslimeen....:tti_sister:

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I think the greatest problem I've come across in Muslim youth is with "Identity" ... although if this is defined as a conflict I have no idea. But it's definitely what I would say is struggled with, as I've experienced it myself.

In these times and ages, what does it mean to define oneself as a Muslim?

In this age of globalization and modernization (which nowadays is so typically thought of as synonymous with westernization) where the Muslim youth identify themselves... often I've seen that Muslims quite lose their identity trying to go according to culture or fashion etc... or even fall into greater problems such as dating, drinking, drugs etc... all in the name of trying to find their place in this time and place to where they fit in.

Even in other countries which are labeled as "Muslim" the Muslim youth are so entirely ignorant, they have sacrificed the characteristics of their religion and watered it down to ... well often nothing! I'd like to say praying and fasting, but having just went back to my country and being around my cousins (who are young) I've come to realize even these are lost amongst them, and all they retain is the title of a Muslim and the celebration of Eid.

And even while there for those who wish to create a Muslim identity is often criticism - one of my cousins has this case occur in which she would like to wear hijaab but her parents, sisters, cousin all discourage and look down upon such an act and label as what is attributed to those who are stupid, backwards, boring, extreme ... and so on and so forth ...

And so that is the greatest conflict I find, the conflict of having the pressure to adjust to the times we live in, and yet being resilient and determined to stick to what is in Islaam, no matter how it is looked down in - at whatever time, because it is what is best and most correct.

And the solution? Perhaps education in the Islaamic teachings, and the reasons behind them... not simply placing it as something connected with the name "muslim" and having support groups for youths to connect to - that are NOT themselves SOAKED in western culture (where you see these youths free mixing and wearing jeans and T-shirts with scarves only etc).

I'm not sure if I explained myself well, as it's quite late, but I tried my best. =)

That's my little input.

wasalam