HELP!!

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
:salam2:
Just when you think all your troubles are over... a new trouble finds you quickly...same is happening with me here. Well i told everyone here about my mom's sister. Well my guardian for sometime till mom is in rehab. Well she is really nice but now she keeps bringing her boyfriend home. I am very against that. I hate that guy. He's a pervent! :( I have told my aunt about me converting to islam and she just shrugged it off like she didnt care about me being a christian or muslim. But she told her boyfriend and now it seems very difficult to keep up with islam. Whenever i start to pray(salah) he stands infront of me so that i get distracted, and i know this that while praying no one should stand infront of you. He knows muslims are fasting these days and he brings...ugh kill me now...he brings "ham burgers" and other junk to eat. The whole foul smell of the food spreads through the house and i feel i could puke my guts out. And espasially during fast he does that. He seems to know i hate pig meat and thus brings home all kinds of "junk".
When i start to read Quran he puts the Tv at VERY loud voice. If i get up and go to my room to read it and close the door behind me. He puts on VERY VERY loud music so that even through closed doors it get difficult for me to read Quran. :(
I talked many times to my aunt to just meet him outside the house at other places just not to bring him at house but she says like "whatever"
I'm so frustrated. A little help here plz? Any advise?

take care,
Currently frustrated...Amina

Pharma_Sister

My dear sister, the best thing to do is make dua to Allah Subhaanahu wa ta'aala to make things easy for you. I'd also suggest that Inshallah you speak again to your Aunt Inshallah and make her realise that you are finding this uncomfortable with the man in your home. Also if you can speak to an elder in your family and let them know your situation, Inshallah you will be helped.

Also, with regards to reading Quran and Salah, I'd suggest that you recite and pray in your room only, lock your door so that your aunt's boyfriend does not stand infront of you when you pray and also put some ear plugs in your ears to prevent any noise disturbing you when you read the Quran (Alhamdulillah I used to do that as unfortunately music is played in my house constantly - whether it be Ramadan or not :girl3:). When Inshallah he sees that you are not bothered and are ignoring him, then he will desist and leave you be (unfortunately people in general want to annoy the other party for their sick and twisted enjoyment and so that when they get a reaction they can then do something, Shaytaan encourages them to fight and do haram. Inshallah have sabar sister).

Alhamdulillah after every hardship comes ease, we just need to Inshallah be patient.

May Allah Subhaanahu wa ta'aala make things easy for you, Ameen.

Wasalaamoalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
Your sister in Islam.

a_stranger

Calm down sister, try to control yourself , use your strong faith in Allah swt, if you show him that you don`t care, then he will stop. he do so to see your reaction and have fun , don`t let im enjoy it be strong :SMILY346:go to your room and lock it , Pray:salah: and study Islam quietly ......show him that you don`t care :make a lot of duaa Allah will help you.......:tti_sister:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
That's absolutely disgusting. Do you have to live with your aunt? Is there any way you can stay with someone else while your mother's in rehab? Your comment about him being a pervert is very disturbing as Allah forbid, he might turn his attentions towards you. And I'm sorry but your aunt is then endangering you by allowing this disgusting man to be in the same space as you for long periods of time and I doubt you're getting the necessary support from her. I don't mean to be harsh but if she has no qualms about her boyfriend harassing you the way he does, then I highly doubt she'll be supportive if the guy starts to "upgrade" his level of harassment. Do you get what I mean?

I highly suggest moving out and staying with someone you trust, where your personal safety isn't on the line.

Zakariyya

Ramadhaan Mubarak

If it where me I would look at it two ways! 1. Measuring tool to see where your temperment is at.

2. I would ask him in a nice un-breaking well dignified voice "is that the best you can do?"

all he want to do is break you, allow no pesron take who you are away from you, that is like allowing them free rent!

Zakariyya

now my question is, we see this sister is indestitude, why have not a pesron aka Muslimah offered her a place of refuge so that she wont have to be in the place?

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
ya allah it misht be so tough for you....
sister why dont you leave that house, and settled down somewhere else?...
or say them to leave your house.....
so pathetic sister....
i dont understand any thing...
when you read quran, and when he ons the t.v, say him not to do it....
he is so insane..
may allah guide him...

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

This sister is a minor in the States and therefore cannot just up and leave. Furthermore she was placed with her aunt by fostercare and so far there are not justifiable reasons to transfer her. (this is specifically from the authorities POV) This guy is acting like a complete jerk but so far he has not violated and laws. The authorites will not allow a stranger to take her on (a Muslim) as keeping a child with the family is their first priority, not to mention they would have to be certified foster parents.

Sister,
Keep your patience and if this man begins to violate your space to the point of even putting a finger on you, then you contact the authorites and they will remove you immediately. For now just stay in your room for prayers and pretty much anything else while he is visiting. As far as the smell of hamburgers (which is beef btw, not pork) just deal with it, it won't be the first time you've had bad smells around you. Rasool(pbuh) had the entrails of a camel thrown on him while praying once and he did not lose his temper. Instead he maintained his dignity and completed his prayer. So these problems are relatively minor compared to what he struggled with.

zinirah

ASsalamu 'Alaykum dear sister in Islam,
I see that you are going through obstacles and tests in your life. Since you are a new convert this is a normal thing. We just have to realize it's a test from Allah(swt) to see what you will do so you must find ways to not get distracted by this stuff, but I know how you are feeling as I am a convert too, and it's not easy... and had faced many tests...and still am...but reading your threads they are not things i had to face. OK now...I want to try to give you advice that i take myself, and insha'Allah i hope it helps. Now i know there is nothing you can do with her bringing home a boyfriend, but try to stay away from him. Like when you are praying it is best to go somewhere no one can really bother you...like if you have your own room maybe? or maybe depending on where you live you can pray somewhere just don't pray in the open that he can bother you. IF you are not already wearing proper hijab around this guy you should start. When he is around try not to act like it bothers you what you are doing..so eventually he will give up.
When this guy brings food..sis you don't have to eat it. Just ignore it even though it is difficult, but you have too. Even my family is Muslim and i have to sit with them when they are eating..but i resist, because actually you will get reward if you do not give into these temptations. Even i had to be around alcohol...but usually i secretly through all that stuff out:)
Hmm..it's very difficult to stay focused when someone has the TV blasted. Just try to tune it out of your mind. I suggest you read Qur'an early in the morning when people in your home is sleeping...this is the best time, and at night when you think they are sleeping. Well sis you will be in my dua's. I really hope i helped a little sis. You must stay devoted, and don't give into these evil things. When Allah sees you are trying all you can then He will reward you. Just remember all of us have to go through different struggles, and some worse then others..just stay strong in what you believe. Shaytan want's to see you leave ISlam.

~*Eid Mubarak*~

eid-mubarak.gif