History thread!

justoneofmillion

:salam2:salamu aleikum,

I wanted to make this one and give to everyone the opportunity to educate us about his or her respective countrie s history.Do share anything that is related to your country,landscapes,literature ,architecture ,spots,poets,personalities,martyrs, foods,jokes and sayings, how Islam got there? who brought it give us names..etc Anything the spectrum you wanna cover is up to you to determine share that which you know.

This could help us understand more about Muslim majority countries in their complexities ,mentalities,specificities and folks collective memories...etc ,for us to reach a better symbiosis when conversing and building with one another.

Give us some hints for feeling step by step a little bit more at home when visiting countries other than our own in the ummah get us familiar ,show us mutual knowledge and appreciation dominate these post colonial walls from the celestial bridge of unity, make them too small to see when looked at from the future, the higher and the closer we get spiritually to the almighty and to his message,the opportunity is yours as free people...

As i have realized that a lot of us including myself know more about foreign histories and personalities than about the countries of the ummah,this should be a good exercise for all of us inshallah.

wassalaam
jameel

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Excellent idea.

Here I go. The country of my birth needs no explanation. It is rich in history. I was born in Iran. It's language is second to Arabic. It has produced riches and beauties and intellect.
The second country that I lived in has a rich heritage in Islam. How Islam got there we all know. It has the best of the blends of the Eastern world. It is India and its's Muslim population gave birth to the homeland of my parents, Pakistan. The land of my heart.
The English, I suppose, got jealous and attempted to capture Islam.
The Americans discovered that Islam was here before they got here...they are still hiding this fact..
The French..what can I say...their philosophers read Islam to be able to have a rational thought on an empty tablet ( sorry for the sad humor).
Back to the US..they needed brains so they got Muslims.

is this what you wanted?

Salaam,

Excellent idea.

Here I go. The country of my birth needs no explanation. It is rich in history. I was born in Iran. It's language is second to Arabic. It has produced riches and beauties and intellect.
The second country that I lived in has a rich heritage in Islam. How Islam got there we all know. It has the best of the blends of the Eastern world. It is India and its's Muslim population gave birth to the homeland of my parents, Pakistan. The land of my heart.
The English, I suppose, got jealous and attempted to capture Islam.
The Americans discovered that Islam was here before they got here...they are still hiding this fact..
The French..what can I say...their philosophers read Islam to be able to have a rational thought on an empty tablet ( sorry for the sad humor).
Back to the US..they needed brains so they got Muslims.

is this what you wanted?

What is your mother tongue....Farsi or Persian....I think I want to learn both but can Americans go to Iran? is Iran an oppressive country...I apologize for my ignorance. please educate me.

Amir_of_spain

The greatest fascination i have with iran is the city of Isfahan, when i think of iran, i just think of visiting Isfahan, Shiraz and Persepolis. I just think of the great arts which flourished under the safavid era.

nori suja'i

my cntry is Singapore (previously Singapura). the influence of western life (worldy) is so great here and since the goverment welcoming a lot of ppl from mainland China its now looked more like HongKong or Beijing. here we leave as multi racial and multi cultural and English is the main language. since the goverment policy to welcome the qualified foreigners as citizens, the muslim here become minority.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My mother tounge is English. Do not ask why. I can speak a little French, say an expression or two in Spanish, and understand Urdu...but American is the language that I use for communication. I am attempting Arabic..it just makes me stupid...I do not have facility for language.

I am not sure what the official status for visa's are. But let me tell you..try being me and travel...they have held up many a plane and you ought to see the glares I receive when I am able to board. I stick to cars...and as we know I am partial to being stopped.

I do want to visit India, Pakistan, and Iran. Insha'Allah, when I am able to go to Mecca and Medina..I will sneak to the countries that made Islam greater. I remember seeing the mountain men in Quetta when I visited as a teenager. The men and women performed for me...that is a memory I will cherish.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:

Should I say where I am from? No you all will know that. As per the way my country inherited Islam, its amazing. The noor of Islam came to my country before around 860 years. That was the time we were having a monarch system here and the king of that time was later named as Sultan Muhammad Bin Abdullah after the acceptance of Islam.

Maldives is one of the many and many countries that is alive as a "smash on their face" on those who say Islam is spread by sword. The person whom ALLAH (swt) blessed us with the light was a trader from Morocco. His name is Abul Barakat Usuf Al Barbary. (Any Morocco brothers or sisters here? ). When the king heard his recitation of Quran and his precious words, he was attracted to Islam. Finally, he accepted the truth and informed the whole country about it and everyone accepted.

One island refused to accept Islam and destroy their Idols. So the king decided to go there. When they heard of it, everybody converted. Truly, that is the island which has most of the Huffaz in the country up to now.

So from the time of that king, we are as a 100% muslim country.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

ASAL

Similar to nori suja'i, i am from Singapore.
Singapore (previously known as Temasek) was once an a community of Malay people, mostly fisherman and farmers, before traders from China and India and other countries came in to settle on the island. A lot of things happened, the influence of Islam and other religion from neighbouring countries, the colonial war and the invasion from the Western country, world war 2 and the Japanese occupation, the merger and seperation with Malaysia, and Singapore's independence.

Singapore rapidly grew into a 'fine' city. With high rise buildings and new technology, strict laws and taxes. No more were the traditional 'kampong' houses (wooden houses). As the Western influence grew within Singapore, the local culture and tradition began to fade away. Singaporeans slowly lived like Westerners. Especially in recent years, religion and culture have been forgotten and 'dumped'. In the case of Islam, only a selected minority are actually true practicing Muslims who lived for the sake of Allah, the majority only claim they are Muslim, and living ignorantly. Money and other worldly matters became most of Singaporeans 'god'. Because that is what they live for.

Maryam Sayyidina

A home called Indonesia

Ever heard Indonesia? It's one of big moslem population country in the world. It is beautiful and had lot's of ethnic cultures, local languages. Being rich of its culture, you will need more than 80 days to explore Indonesia's culture.
But Islam is accepted well here and grow fast. History of this nation also efforts from Moslems heroes. Our local culture also get influence from Arabic culture. Even one of the local tribe, take Islam sharia as the basic guidance.

But global effect from worlds media such MTV etc change our nation become hedonistic youngsters. you can hear adzan 5 times a day here or very crowded Masjid (specially during Ramadan) but you can find night club and rave party in the same time, specially in big cities. Just as easy you find woman with veil also women in tights cloths.

Allhamdulillah, Islam still survive here, Islamic school still be main point for parents, Islamic banking also growing, Islamic local medias. But we need more hard work to fight for sharia become part of our life here. Please support us with dua people.
That is lil bit about country where I live know.