Hmm.....What to wear........

Stefana

Salam my sisters and brothers

I have decided to go to Sunrise prayer
but.......{tho I do know the musilmah dressing stye} what should i wear?
Since i'm starting out I don't have much stuff.Do I have to wear white or light colors?Or do u think I should hold off til I have something Authentic? I need help ASAP

Thanks! :tti_sister: Alhamdulilah

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Just wear something loose and that would cover all your awrah. From head to toe. Your face should NOT be covered. If you have a long opaque skirt and a long sleeved opaque polo shirt and headscarf then that should do Inshaa'Allaah.

Also make sure that it doesn't have any drawings of animate beings like animals and people or plants or rocks with eyes and nose.

EDITED: There's no prescribed colour for prayer Wallaahu a'lam.

Woman praying in a single garment

For offering salaat(namaz), is it compulsory for the woman to cover herself in two garments ,such as a pant for the lower half and a shirt for the upperhalf or can she wear only one garment covering the body as per Islamic code of dressing. Please enlighten me.

Praise be to Allaah.

The Muslim woman must cover her entire body when praying, apart from her face, because her whole body is ‘awrah during prayer. According to the hadeeth, “Allaah does not accept the prayer of a woman who is of child-bearing age unless (she is covered) with a khimaar.” The cover must be ample and cover all the body, and it must be loose so that it does not show the shape of the body. It is sufficient for it to be one garment if it covers the body. As for the ruling on wearing pants or trousers, please see question no. 5066 ، 10436and 21438.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr.

We should point out here that there is no specific dress that is required for the Muslim woman to pray and that her prayer is invalid if she prays in any other garment, as many women in some Muslim societies think. Rather the ruling has to do with covering, so if she is covered properly, then her prayer is valid.

Islam Q&A

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:

it is okey unless u wear attractive colours....so u make a choice sister...white or black will be good i guess...good luck on every step u make...

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-