Hot Water

Karima

Asalamualikum,

I was with some muslim friends and we were discussing Hot Water...and that one should say a prayer prior to putting hot water in a sink.

This protects the jinn....from harm...I was told.

This is a first for me to hear about it.

Can anyone help with an explanation for this?

It has made me feel uneasy to be aware of the 'unseen' around.

Salam:muslim_child:

Younus

:salam2:

I have never heard of that, and never have I thought of it. I believe it is all false.

Jinn have a different world than that of Man.

AishaR

Hi Karima

Sorry, but I havent heard that either.....

I will see if I can can any info on this

Aisha

samiha

---------
Staff member
lol... i've heard of that...lol

yea some scholar was talking abt it one time... i spoke mainly english but arabic is his mothertounge and he said that these things happended and just to say 'Bismillah' before doing it.

Delyan

lol...My mother always tells me to be careful when I pour any hot water into the sink indeed ...lol and it s said that the jinns would pace up and down these places representing symbolic limits between the inside and the outside..

big mystery.. im gonna search and tell u back what s really on ..

wa salam
delyan

muslimguy

I have never heard of that, and never have I thought of it. I believe it is all false.

Jinn have a different world than that of Man.

no brother Jinn live in the same world as we do. as matter fact in Quran there is a story of a Jinn that heard the prophet Mohammed (PBUH)reciting Quran and he went back to his people from Jinn telling them what he heard. also, there is muslim and Kufar Jinns. Allah knows best.

Younus

no brother Jinn live in the same world as we do. as matter fact in Quran there is a story of a Jinn that heard the prophet Mohammed (PBUH)reciting Quran and he went back to his people from Jinn telling them what he heard. also, there is muslim and Kufar Jinns. Allah knows best.

Yes brother, you have said the right thing.
But do Jinns get effected by the water that Man uses? Or as the jinns are unseen, is it that the water which they use is also unseen?

muslimguy

Yes brother, you have said the right thing.
But do Jinns get effected by the water that Man uses? Or as the jinns are unseen, is it that the water which they use is also unseen?

I've heard such thing, but since I was not sure, i did not wanna comment on that.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

So far, from the written posts, the thought of little jinns in the sink freak me out. WHERE IN THE WORLD DID THIS EVER COME FROM?

Salam

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum wa rahmet Allah Wa barakatu

To be honost i never heard anything about pouring hot water into the sink because i do it all the time. However, i heard about pouring hot water into the toilet is bad since the jinn live there. Thats what i heard i aint saying its true but i dont want to even think to try to pour hot water there.
wasalam

arabiantxn

Re

To be honost i never heard anything about pouring hot water into the sink because i do it all the time. However, i heard about pouring hot water into the toilet is bad since the jinn live there. Thats what i heard i aint saying its true but i dont want to even think to try to pour hot water there.
wasalam

Salaam Aliqum everybody
From what I heard is that you are not to put water, etc in holes that exist out side on the ground (earth). I also heard that bathroom is a safe place (green zone) where jinn’s know what people do.. I am not sure.

May Allah guide us all to Islam?

shabeer

Jinn and allah

Assalamu alaykum Karima, i haven't heard of that. because jinn and iblis have the ability only to persaude us to wrong doings.

Islam_Sista

Jinn dont have a different world to us the thing is we cant see them amd they can see us if jinn would be in a diffrent world how come they have heard the quran when the messenger was reciting it sura Djinn ayat 1

Younus

Jinn live in the same world as we do. As matter fact in Quran there is a story of a Jinn that heard the Prophet Mohammed :saw: reciting the Quran and he went back to his people from Jinn telling them what he heard. Also, there are Muslim and Kuffar Jinns.
Allah knows best.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

According to research of some scholars such Shaykh Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips [His Thesis which is available as a book on the subject] (& others) around the world it can be ascertained that Jinns do live in Dirty filthy Places and that is may be why the DUA for entring the toilet is

"In the name of Allah: OAlláh, I seek Your protection from male and female devils. (Bukhari)"

Arabic, Transliteration & Translation available at:

http://www.central-mosque.com/Dua/3.htm

When you read Shaykh Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips's thesis & there may be some indirect evidence in the matter that Jinns do get disturbed by creating hostile environments (i.e. pouring hot water) in their habitat (toilet etc.) but please note that the evidence just described in "inferred" & not "directly drawn from the Qur'aan & Sunnah"

If any of the more knowledgable Brothers/Sisters are aware of direct evidence then please feel free to overwrite what I have written Insha'Allah...

Going off the Tangent...

In my personal experince of dealing with Jinns (perhaps to be precise suspected cases of Jinns) the state of cleaniness of the patient/habitat & habits is a definite factor...so I am unable to back it up with evidence from Qur'aan & Sunnah but cleanliness is a factor in my "personal experince" so I would avoid such unnecessary practices (hot water etc.); if they are necessary then take precaution & I would always read the duas of protection when going in a Toilet & so on

In Summary we should base the Qur'aan and Sunnah as our guide in everything and not anecdotal evidence as I know people in UK are grabbing money off people are advising all sorts of hocus-pocus (excuse the Pun!) :)

Jazakullah Khairun

P.S: Shaykh's thesis is listed here:

http://www.dukandar.com/jinn.html

q8penpals

Salam - My husband always says, "bismillah" before pouring water in the sink (well, he says "bismillah" before he does a lot of stuff) but he said it was in case there were any Jinn or insects or other creatures living in the sink that may get disturbed or killed (spiders and such as well).

I don't know if it is required, but what can it hurt?

Lana

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Beginning everything with Bismillah is a Great Habit & May Allah (SWT) give us all the ability to practice it (Ameen).

Jazakullah Khairun