How did Jesus Look Like according to two Hadiths! Abit confused

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

This is one hadith

Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0325:

It is narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: I saw near the Ka'bah a man of fair complexion with straight hair, placing his hands on two persons. Water was flowing from his head or it was trickling from his head. I asked: Who is he? They said: He is Jesus son of Mary or al-Masih son of Mary. The narrator) says: I do not remember which word it was. He (the Holy Prophet) said: And I saw behind him a man with red complexion and thick curly hair, blind in the right eye. I saw in him the greatest resemblance with Ibn Qitan I asked: Who is he? They replied: It is al-Masih al-Dajjal.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 649:

Narrated Abdullah:

The Prophet mentioned the Massiah Ad-Dajjal in front of the people saying, Allah is not one eyed while Messsiah, Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye and his eye looks like a bulging out grape. While sleeping near the Ka'ba last night, I saw in my dream a man of brown color the best one can see amongst brown color and his hair was long that it fell between his shoulders. His hair was lank and water was dribbling from his head and he was placing his hands on the shoulders of two men while circumambulating the Kaba. I asked, 'Who is this?' They replied, 'This is Jesus, son of Mary.' Behind him I saw a man who had very curly hair and was blind in the right eye, resembling Ibn Qatan (i.e. an infidel) in appearance. He was placing his hands on the shoulders of a person while performing Tawaf around the Ka'ba. I asked, 'Who is this? 'They replied, 'The Masih, Ad-Dajjal.' "

One hadith says that Prophet Jesus AS is fair the other states he is dark! I'm a little confused over this one. Can anyone shed some light in this ?

Thanks And Salam

Umm Abdullah

I think this is where the confusion lies: he quoted two different ahadith. Both are authentic, and both give two different answers. Allahu a'lem.

Islam!!yay

Exactly it dont care how Jesus AS looked like I brought this up because of the Hadiths and apparently nobody knows how to explain this

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Exactly it dont care how Jesus AS looked like I brought this up because of the Hadiths and apparently nobody knows how to explain this

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Your question is valid. Although I've understood it differently, I'll refrain from pouring my ideas in case they are wrong. I think you should ask here:

http://www.assimalhakeem.net/contact

And you can also try this, if you have an account at multaqa:

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Let us know when you get a reply.

mezeren

There is an explanation but...

Assalamun Aleykum,

There is an explanation,brother, but you might not find it here. Humans are not free from error including Bukhari and Muslim as well as people that were in the chain of narrations. Surely one of the two narrations has a problem, maybe both.

You will find incredible differences between similar narrations even within the same book. Do not forget that ahadeeth are not preserved as Quran. Because Allah says;

15:9 We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

87:6 We shall make thee read (O Muhammad) so that thou shalt not forget

20:114 Then exalted be Allah, the True King! And hasten not (O Muhammad) with the Quran ere its revelation hath been perfected unto thee, and say: My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.