how do I get away from teachers making me do haram things?

Wannabemuslim

al salaam aleikum, first i want to explain in a recent post that i wrote about the misconceptions of islam that i had a overly menacing tone, i did this so people here wouldn't think i though like that. im sorry if anyone found it offensive.

Anyway a week ago or so i posted a thread for advice on how to handle my self in my western school. The advice worked. Though i have full power to denie the things other kids want me to do i have close to 0 power to control what the teachers want me to do. One thing is singing love songs from the 60s, we are forced to do so in my school otherwise we get in trouble i have as as much in my ability to avoid singing these songs, though if the teacher knew i wasnt singing i would get in trouble. Any advice for how to handle this? Another one probably worse in the eyes of my brothers and sisters is me being placed next to the other gender, or behind the other gender blocking the veiw of the teacher (witch makes lowering my gaze look disrespectful to the teacher giving a lecture.) Yes i try moving my desk as far away as possible but i dont know how to change order.

One thing that would seem the most obvious answer would be to talk to my parents. In most cases i would, but my mom is Christian and my step father lets just say he doesn't respect Islam, but is okay with muslims. I feel a little afraid to tell them that im following my real fathers faith, i know thats a grave sin and everything to be so hypocritical.

This may asking for a little to much, but whats the best thing to do in this scenario? The option of leaving the school wouldnt do much as its the same scenario for every school in my area. Sorry if i sound a little to whinny.

brmm

assalam alaykom.... *** Be patient inshallah, this is the key*** for now just take it easy and do your best, Allah knows what is there in your heart and pray to Allah to change your situation to the best.
I don't see any advantage talking to your non-Muslim parents about this pb.

ProudToBeaMuslim

Assalamalikum brother,

I just want to get one thing right. Are these love songs from the 60s part of a subject, or is it just extra curricular?
If you have Music as a subject in your school, that's a different problem. But if it's just something non academic, you can just talk to the teacher and say that singing those songs contradict what you believe, and you can't sing it.

I am sure if you are sincere, the teacher will understand InshAllah. You just need some courage and confidence to do the talking. Trust in Allah, take hold of your Iman, and just do it! Dont think about what everyone will think, trust me, its not worth it! Insha Allah, if you do it for Allah's sake, you will be rewarded richly for your guts.

As for the girl blocking your teacher's view, again, talk to the teacher about it and get your place changed. Trust me, teachers are there to help! They are not your enemies. Just tell the teacher you are finding it difficult to concentrate from that place, and ask him/her if you can move upto the front? Honesty and Sincerity is the best policy here.

Do tell us how it goes Insha Allah.